/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC.
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset differences: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

reusing icons edition

Other thread is "ironic nonchalant" tryhard shit for OP
Bye other thread

What does /mhg/ eat IRL between hunts?

So I just finished Toukiden 2's story and all the missions. I'm curious how closely the two games actually compare insofar as the combat is concerned. Does MH have a lot of the monsters being thrown around? Is the skill system the same (R1 + *)? Can you hotswap weapons during a fight?

Hey you piece of shit, don't impersonate me.

Hi.

Cancer

Fucking less because Christmas was a chocolate calorie holocaust

The hell is this new area OH NO-

Hope the month wait won't be too long for you, Nyanons!

>month

wait too long
wait
wait too long

Traditionally in MH, you commit to using one weapon in a quest and have an item pouch to use various medicines and tools, which makes pre-hunt preparation a bit more involved when Toukiden itself just goes with four skills for each Mitama archetype. Unlike Toukiden, hunters have dedicated sheathed and unsheathed states, with one exception players have to stay in the former to use items while the fighting is done in the latter. Areas can have smaller monsters that can be ran past for the most part but can act as a general nuisance while you're fighting, source of materials, or a snack for larger monsters who move between the various areas of the map. There's a chance that a monster who isn't your target will appear mid-quest as well.

MHWorld removes the segregated area design the series traditionally had for seamless maps, and allows for swapping weapons mid-quest. Outside of MH4U (back in 2015) story has been quite lightweight in MH until now.

The original Toukiden itself was obviously intended to be a substitute for MH on the PSVita and the second game definitely tried doing its own thing a bit.

Honts?

kys
die

Huntress post

Hi.

Haha sucks on that you piece of shit.

Don't piss me off.

Oops forgot the pic

Hai.

Honts!

This may be personal but no hard feelings.

Domo

Oh no, he's dead.

Konichiwa. Honto ni gomenasai for the rude behavior of Adam-kun ^^'

Is that blood on his skirt?

Not even the right animal.

Probably. That is a decisive evidence that he really is wifebeater!

He took the blow for me.

Come here. How many times did I tell you not to interrupt me when I'm doing something? [muffled "I'll use hunter art 1!" in the distance]

How I aim at the monster with bowgun after doing adept evade.

Charge Blade Power!

Which game?

Gen

Press and keep R.

You don't need to aim. Just shoot.

Press R while doing adept evade and just hold it?
Evade then just press A?

Asking for both LBG and HBG by the way.

SWITCH™AXE POWER!

better dps is to shoot after the evade then aim nicer after the shoot.

As soon as you adept evade point the circle pad in the direction you want to face after the power reload, the window is a bit tight so you need to be quick. You can skip the last part of the reload animation if you start free aim shooting.

If you have the camera target, press L a little before the adept animation ends, keep R and then shoot

>880x320

Ahh thanks!

>misses 3 times
Nice positioning.

deserved a tail slap for such lewdness

Between his armor set and how he just fucking thrashes that ugly fuck Paolumu, Odogaron might be my new favorite.

H I P W I N D O W

It looked fine in VLC- Ohhh...

>Never have to use the axe mode with switch axe
>Charge blade's axe mode is hardly an axe
>No actual axe weapon

Aight, will practice doing that. Thanks for the help!

Will nisepanda be in world?

I wonder what the difference ends up being between axe and sword for SA
It's nice that transforming is being incentivized but they really should have just used the revamp to remove reloading

Catlolis

Mating press

Maybe in the next hour.

SA's axe mode actually has some pretty fast walking speed in World, too. I do have to wonder just how useful the axe fade slashes actually are though.

Uhh guys, at high rank right now and for some reason, Steltas cart me even though i was in Brave Stance, what the hell.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you guys use specific weapons against specific monsters or just what you feel like?

more large insectoid monsters whennnnn

I like to use the Axe mode with SA even if it's less efficient

I generally just use whatever I'm in the mood for and if I'm ever fighting a new monster I make sure that I can beat it with every weapon. But there are exceptions, like Gravios that I only fight with a bow or a gun. I find that I usually gun Khezu too, but sometimes I'll use Hammer or Longsword or something, it's not as big of a deal as Gravios.

Shitty drawfag here, someone tell me their favorite monster and I'll sketch up a cute girl version.

Lagiacrus

Whatever I feel like using and wearing unless I'm trying to speed farm.

Alatreon is kinda cute desu.

I mostly use my favorite weapon, but I've made sure to become proficient with as many as I can for the sake of dealing with cancer monsters that are awful to fight with anything but certain weapons.

Fatalis trio I use GS or IG and for deviljho I use Lance, LS, or Swaxe. Black gravios I use IG or HBG.

Dire Miralis

What's the best citra build to play XX bros?

Rajang

Gore. Preferably with huge knockers

>Fit brown amazoness asking for hot hunter dick just like the edit.

I want it.

I thought 4U, Gen, and XX where still unplayable?

>delicious brown amazon abs

The GBA temp chinese builds, but they don't draw shadows. Also for some reason activating hunting arts via touch screen or button press doesn't fuckin work for me, anyone know if it's an actual problem or is it just me?

XX is perfectly fine on that Citra build that was posted in a couple of the previous threads

Need to shop gaijin's face on it.

Brachydios

How about you stop ruining the monsters you cancerous piece of shit

How to spot a furfag

Here you go user

and thanks for the requests everyone, hopefully I can get them done quick and they don't all come out shit quality,

YUSH

Lagiacrus is the most boring monster I ever met.

You're the most boring monster I've ever met

Excellent work, user.

>those skypiercers
What a fucking shame!

I'm going to sleep bomb her!

Cute!

I want to cut her tail.

Aren't we all.

That's called a gangbang

I would shoot her in the head with arrows repeatedly if you know what I mean.

I want to have sex with her then have her clean my cum dipped penis with her if you sniff my drift.

I would have struggled if someone asked me of a way /mhg/ could become worse than even the discord. But you have accomplished what none others have, a certain special of cancer unlike any I have seen. Congratulations.

And with that, I bid you farewell /mhg/. I will make the discord my new home.