/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma general

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8
>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA
>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X
>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uHiye6rd
pastebin.com/338KVa5X
capcom-onlinegames.jp/pc/regist
members.dd-on.jp/info/special/overlord_collabo/top.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for delicious brown

Previous thread Also:
Dragon's Dogma Online
Quick how to play guide
pastebin.com/uHiye6rd
Old guide
pastebin.com/338KVa5X
capcom-onlinegames.jp/pc/regist

Any tips for getting the Well Equipped, and Level 200 achievements?

They're the last ones I need; I just want to get them over with already.

What's the flashiest vocation? I'm kinda sick of ranger and want to try something more fun.

Doing a lot of the notice board quests got me weapons/armor.
I have a habit of buying cool looking weapons even if my arisen/pawn isn't the right vocation, so I got stuff doing that too.

Sorcerer.

I'm an Assassin
>can use sword, daggers, bow and shield
>incorporates fighter and strider moves with new shit like turning invisible or poisoning your arrows
>strength growth is the highest of any vocation
>don't have to get new armor, it can use the same armor and clothes as ranger

Never really gave sorc a try, since the cast times on spells seem really long unless you combo with your pawns and I'm mostly a solo play kind of guy. Is soloing as a sorcerer even remotely possible?
Yeah, I already have a level 200 Assassin and a Level 200 strider. They were hella fun to play but I wanna try out something new. Just chucking arrows as a ranger feels really unsatisfying compared to shit like Brain Splitter and Tempest + Thousand Kisses.

Is Voice 6 the best voice?

Probably not. For something a bit less flashy but still pretty flashy with good solo viability, try magick archer. Fun as fuck, too.

Probably Assassin.

Yes, lots of server to choose, no logging

Yeah, I'm probably gonna go either MA or MK. Most likely MA since MK scaling is confusing as hell.

DDO codes valid until Jan 31 maybe
AKE2-Y31R-3EJ0-9WF0 hunter weapon (bow)
REXY-GT6P-W3EA-F2RF shieldsage weapon + Blood Orbs

/ddg/ clan is up
Name: NoFunAllowed
Tag: NFA

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on Mystic Knight? I really don't know what gear and skills to use and what stats to level.

Are you trying to make a loli?
Cause if so, that's not a very good job. I though she was just a short 20+ woman til I looked at the height and weight.
But yeah, voice 6 is best voice.

Forget magick cannon, its garbage.
Abyssal Anguish/Demon's Wrath/Blessed Riposte
Compass Slash/Broad Slash/Blitz Strike
Comestion/Sopor/Brontide
MK uses both MAG and STR but mostly MAG so leveling up as pure Sorc isnt a bad idea, if you dont want to do the autism minmax bullshit that is.

Good to hear the block path is good. Having to constantly spam great cannon would be a pain so I'm glad it's not needed. What weapons/augments/rings would you recommend? How is the build for soloing?

Cursed Light and Purged Buckler.
If you can get your hands on a Virge though, the high as fuck attack stat on it will completely crush anything that isnt a living armor in just seconds.
I tend to keep Cursed Light though simply because i like how it looks.
For rings you only really need a ring for Blitz Strike, if you dont have a ring you might consider to run Antler Toss instead.
Augs: Acuity/Clout/Adamance/Proficiency/Articulacy (+WyrmRing)/Ferocity

Please adopt my Megumin

alright, but not for long
just the time it takes me to find water thats deep enough to brine her

Thanks man.

cutie

cute

Is hard mode worth playing through?

You get double xp, dp and rc so yeah. I usually do every playthrough in hard mode. But the downside is that enemies do a fuckton of damage and you use double stamina which is a pain in the ass.

It's pretty hard right at first, and you'll the post-game effects longer, but there are large portions where it's going to feel like easy mode because of the higher experience and gold gains. The only advice I can really give you is try it at some point and see how you like it.

i just recently got into this game, i'm so in love with it.
i thought it was some doodoo RPG game since my friends used to meme it, but the PC version really makes me love shit like this.
it floored me, i've always wanted an RPG with great movement and combat, it's so much fun.

Is there a most effective pawn class for BBI? My pawn is a sorcerer now but I'm wondering if it's worth it if I'm not hiring multiple sorcerers for spell syncing. I'm contemplating turning my pawn into a strider or ranger instead

Dunno, but I use a sorc pawn too despite playing a sorc myself and not planning on synching spells. It's just great to not worry about casting high voidspell myself.

Capcom nailed the monster design in making it look charming and authentic to stuff drawn in medieval tomes, so why is 90% of the armor design in this game so awful? The chainmails, gryphic armor, and steel armor are all ok I guess but all the other plate sets have randomly exposed midriffs or nipples for no good reason. Also all the helms have so much frilly stuff.

Pre or Post-Daimon? A ton of dragons begin showing up in BBI after you kill Daimon once so having Rangers/Striders helps a lot with bringing them down.

It sounds like you have the right idea, Blue and Yellow pawns work fine, melee is almost useless since you run into a ton of enemies that fly, have really powerful melee attacks (but are vulnerable to perfect blocks, being a Fighter/Assassin/Mystic Knight works pretty well as an Arisen) or otherwise have pretty significant physical resistance.

Just killed Daimon for the first time after 450+ hours of playtime and having started the game several times over, lads.
Anyway, /ddg/ is so dead that we should probably just let it go. 'Tis ogre.

NO
IT'LL PICK UP DURING THE NEXT BIG SALE
JUST YOU WAIT

is your pawn the muscled mage girl with black hair and red eyes

Yeah, that's her.

I put her to good use

Well well, thanks lad.

>dropped DDON because PS4 version kept breaking
>decide to give it a try with DDG playing again
>on PC everything works perfectly fine on first try

Well, ignoring that the launcher strains my graphic card more than game I ever ran on it.

Which is better, okaying DDO through the PS4 or just on PC?

If your system can run it, use your PC.
Biggest reason is the translation patch. On ps4 I had to use some google translated fan sites to figure out crafting ingredients or which monsters to kill to lvl up my skills. PC I can just play normally.
Second thing is updating/patching. Apparently on PC you need to redownload the entire client with each big update, but that also happened to me on PS4.
Except that PS4 sometimes had me download 32+ GB through PSN, then require that same download through the launcher. And you need to always connect via VPN, so it was a download speed of like 0.05 MB/s. For smaller patches it was doable, but when it tried getting the entire client again I just had to stop playing for a few weeks.

And one thing that I can't confirm is a difference yet, but on PS4 the proxies would sometimes just stop working. It is already tedious to have to manually change your network settings over and over again, but sometimes simply none of the free servers worked.
Again, this might be an issue on the PC as well, but since you only need the VPN for log in it should be less of an issue.

And one more thing: There is/was a benchmark software for the PC version if you want to check performance before downloading the entire thing.

Looks like I may go for the PS4 version then. I don't think my toaster would handle it.
Thanks user.

DDON Maintenance in roughly one hour. Lasts for about 4 hours

AUGHT

So if I want my strider to spam hailstorm volley and fracture dart should I go with challenger inclination?

My button icons are spazzing out and changing when I press up in the analog stick.
Anyone know why that is and how I can fix it?

What are the best inclinations for a sorc pawn? Challenger/Mitigator right now

You might want utilitarian if you want spell syncing with other sorcerers or if you like your pawn buffing you

Currently playing with a bowless Strider Pawn. Took the bow off of her because she kept using it in melee range instead of actually using her daggers. She's much better know, actually contributes to the fighting and also finally climbs enemies, which is kinda her thing as a Strider.
Anyway, current inclinations are Scather/Utilitarian, and she has almost complete bestiary. Is that combination good, or should I switch uti for Mitigator, or change the order, or something? I just want her to be the best killing machine she could possibly be.

Wouldn't mitigator not work well with climbing since weaker enemies are usually too small to climb?

According to the wiki, Mitigator/Scather would make it so that she would kill the small enemies first, and then focus on the boss.
Then again, it also says that Challenger/Scather would do the same as the above, only substituting smaller enemies with ranged ones.
I dunno, maybe I should keep her as is.

how active the clan

Only 2 peoples joined

>tfw made small shota and made main pawn and thick towering brown amazon
goddamn i love this game

>overlord collab in DDO
and bump

>doing a 1 fighter/3 sorc BBI run

I forgot how much fun this shit was.

The privilege of playing nipgame
Glad I picked this and abandon PSO2 and their shitty dragon

members.dd-on.jp/info/special/overlord_collabo/top.html

And the collab isn't locked behind paid gacha like pso2

>Landing a fully charged Arc of Deliverance on a boss' weak spot
is there any better feeling?

How can you tell if it's night time in BBI?

I think the status screen's background will be different depending on whether it's night or day. Could be wrong though, it might just always be dark-background while on BBI.

get the dinput8.dll mod off the nexus and get a clock

Isn't there like 5 people in it

Yesterday two of them left the clan.

Wonder why
Well I'm still in at least

What level should I be before tackling BBI, assuming I'm in post-game and haven't been minmaxing?

I started around level 50, I think I was just beginning the postgame when I tried BBI out. Level 2 (following BBI's first boss) was when I began having issues.

How much fun is the assassin class?
I've only ever done magick archer and I want something new, but with daggers and stuff still.

Anyone know where to exchange the overlord stones?

assuming you haven't already, go talk to Wilson in Tel's Inn and follow the questline there. Afterwards you can talk to the skelly at the tavern in the Main city and hand him your stones

One more question, does the rookie ring of blessing stack?

No

Too bad it won't kill him lul.

I just beat the game but i didn't explore the map fully goddamn
Should i replay with NG+ or just make a new file?

I did start with the loli preset with the intention of making her a tank, but then I went with something more appealing to my dick.

Play hard mode.

Did you do BBI?

Okay
Nope didn't even go there either

Bruh Bitterblack Isle is the best part of Dragon's Dogma.
If you want to try a different way to play the game, just start a new run as a different class and explore to your heart's content. After you're done killing Ol' Grigori, go to BBI. It's real good.

Yeah it seems pretty fun, i'm gonna try warrior now
Also should i explore before or after Grigori?

what lvl would someone recommend I fight the gorecyclops in bbi? The best attempt thus far was three bars down. Should I just continue doing other things until I'm more geared up and have gained some more levels (party ranges from lvl. 35-55)

>warrior
Uh-oh.
Anyway, exploring the map post-Grigori is arguably more interesting, as shit like lesser dragons start spawning around the world. But don't sweat about it too much, explore when and wherever you want.
>lvl. 35-55
What in the world...
What are you playing as? Managing to survive against the gorecyclops at those levels is pretty crazy.

Speaking of lesser dragons, I love that they're all basically miniature Grigoris. Demanding the Arisen put up a good fight to prove that he is the one, speaking about the beyond in a cryptic manner. It feels like Grigori isn't even dead with the lesser dragons running around. Plus they speak in draconic which almost makes them sound more intimidating.

warrior, with a fighter, mage and sorc. basically getting oneshot whenever I make any tiny mistake. Most attempts end after a singular bar is taken down. So I'm assuming I should come back and fight it later?

also would I be able to take evil eye now? I can't remember what level I was in my first profile

>basically getting oneshot whenever I make any tiny mistake
Oh yeah, probably better to go get a few levelups before coming back.
>evil eye
The one in Everfall? Sure. Its attacks aren't that difficult to dodge, and if you can find a mage pawn with a holy enchantment, you're going to make short work of it. Evil Eyes have garbage physical defenses.

>Barroch mentions having lost some good pawns
Why doesn't he just go to one of the many riftstones in BBI?

DDON Event Code for 1GG, 300k G, and 100 Silver tix:
NYT8-E65J-EUYC-041H

Anyone know what this means on the DDO launcher?

update error
press that to reload

Alright, thanks. Also did the earlier patch break the english patch for anyone else?

Yes, you need to re-apply the english patch