Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything Etrian Odyssey (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/
>EOV guild cards
imgur.com/a/oweN7

>EOV undub
US CIA: a.doko.moe/odnpma.7z
US Luma: a.doko.moe/wddgmp.7z
US to EU patch for both: a.pomfe.co/xcrrjwp.7z
Other undubs: pastebin.com/KxsDbkq8

>EOV DLC cia
US: mega.nz/#!bExTRahb!qRKVfagWcuesrETzsOpOAzBCYYZ1C4GmZseNzQqS8NA
EU: a.doko.moe/ystmmt.7z

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

Previous Thread:

Rockin the new year

>now we can have up to 2 dying threads

Less hits that deal more damage. Also they are not quite as flexible.
A lot of people praise Chain Killer but that is even more specific than elemental chains and I haven't tried it out.

As for elemental Chains:
You only need level 9 for the most part, level 10 only gives you a fifth activation and decreases the chase penalty. And only the second part matters in most cases.
Because aside from the rare fights that give you a quest character you will only be able to activate four Chains since you only have four other party members.
Only Fencers can procc more than one Chain afaik - Dodge Fencers with their regular move + a single one from Slyphid (with Rapier Mastery or elemental infusion) and maybe Lure activations, Chain Fencers with Sonic Blade (and elemental infusion).
Chains do not chase other Chains or Hell Slash. Multi-hit skills only cause one Chain, pets are ignored (only Ice Peck, really) and infused Blood Wraith proccs also don't work.

So you have at best four activations a turn. But as the game goes on those get really beastly.
Chain Boost gives you 20% more damage for each Chain up to 99% - that is as great as Link Mastery if not better. And Chain Double has a 40% chance to activate two Chains for the price of one and without reducing your total Chain activations. So if you roll really high your 4 Chain activations could cause 8 hits. But Chain Double hits still get all the benefits from Chain Boost and Chain Plus.
Chain Burst is an surprisingly good encounter clear - target a weak enemy with your Fencer, use a line or party wide skill that activates a Chain (and should not kill your Fencer's target) and watch them kill one enemy after another.

But if you want them to be truely insane you need to build your party around them - luckily the standard Chain party is pretty strong.
My suggestion would be:
Shield Dragoon, Chain Fencer
Hound Rover, Omnimancer, Punisher Shaman

Well, he is cute. So the hot chicks have good taste.

Amiami have the Teach figurine for really cheap now. Got mine a few months ago, and I was happy with it.

sauce?

Fortress doesn't hold up any fingers.
Because she already is Fo(u)r-Chan.

Idiot here, which classes are the overly op ones so i can avoid using them in V?

Impact Pugilist

Chain Fencers.

All Pugilists.
Others can be strong but can also suck, depending on your party.

>floor 12
>level 34
how badly did I fuck up?

You are slightly too high.
I'm usually 38 at the second boss - so that's only 4 level for 3 maps.
While 13F is short 14F and 15F are somewhat large.

Nothing too bad but you should maybe not hunt FOEs if you want any challenge from the 3rd boss.

>deathbringer's best damage skill needs an ailment but is locked behind a skill that randomly sleeps the enemy
>necro poison gets overwritten by wraiths hitting the enemy

Someone on the balance team really hated the edgy/chuuni/spooky classes.

>respec a character
>forgot racial skills
FUCKING EO5

That's why you always learn racial skills first. Or save before respeccing.

Threadly reminder that EO4 is objectively shit and the worst game of the series.

*blocks ur shitpost*

>6 hours ago
>21 posts
We're back to ded threds

home sweet home

>objectively
But that's wrong.

Any priority skills to get in EOV?

What do you mean?
Skills that are super fast and have priority in the turn order?
Or skills you should get asap?

In any case posting your party might be helpful.
(Although I do think the Grace racial passives are always a nice investment.)

Masurao, Dragoon, Rover, Warlock, Shaman. I'm planning on turning the Masurao into a Fencer when I get the option.

>was level 50ish in strat 3
>decide to retire down to what is considered normal
>do so
>level 20 is too low
>dont wanna grind
>but shit I had some reclassed people
>5 level cost what the fuck
>suddenly retired at 50, back at level 50
welp

>being this bad that you can't manage your levels

So EOV is the first game in this series Im actually liking (tried 3 but dropped it quickly), I started on advanced because im an idiot and I'm currently in the 5th stratum

Because it's my first EO game i've been struggling with a lot of shit, specially keeping my party alive against some FOEs, i'm running a chain fencer , shield dragoon, barrage pugilist, healing botanist and a elemental warlock all at level 57, but I've noticed my fencer never procs more than two chains and I'm all around confused as to what skills to focus on most of my party (tried balancing skills then focused on the useful ones, I haven't respec or reclassed anyone yet because level gains can be a bit too grindy so I don't know when would be a good time for that

Should I just continue and see what happens? the 3rd and 4th stratum bosses shat on me and I don't know if it as my levels or my ineptitude at building a team

if you're on floor 1 you don't really have a lot of key skills available. just get some basic attack skills and run with it. Optic Thrust is very good on fencer. Bunkers will mainly use line guard and/or bunker (but only if you raise his speed with boots, light armor etc.) Rover can do anything but I found Hunter Shot very useful.

with unlock skills: chain double, counter guard, target arrow, clever strike, dance oracle.

Early Dragoon: Gun Mount 4 (not higher)
Shield Dragoon: Counter Guard
rest: passives (that are not a Mastery), Mana Guard
defensive racial passives, Black Mist

early Fencer: Chains at 4 (leave them there for a long time)
Chain Fencer: Chain Plus, at least some levels in Chain Double and Chain Boost - then level the Chains to 9
some defensive racial passives might be useful; get STR racial passives

early Rover: start with Hound Whistle 1, Animal Therapy 1, Brushing 1; work towards Aid Command, invest in Hunter Shot
Hound Rover: Healing Up, Status Atk Up, the entire dog tree, Target Arrow
racial passives are not too useful but AGI could help

early Warlock: Fireball/Icicle/Lightning 4, safe SP from there
Omnimancer: one point in Reserve Magic, rush Altar, get at least one point in Quick Chant and spread Chant - max stuff from there
racial passives with INT and LUC are great; Chain Blast is one of the most broken skills in the game
(if you want to go Elemancer for a stronger mid-game: Clever Strike)

early Shaman: a bit Ruinous Prayer, a lot of Dance Oracle
Punisher Shaman: Dance Oracle, Ancient Memory - and that's about it
Herbology is a super useful racial passive, Hygiea's Bowl is a great panic button, (Aegis Shield is useful for the final post-game boss)

>I've noticed my fencer never procs more than two chains
Elemental Chains are only activated by their element or stab damage

You have no easy acces to elemental infusions a Shaman Prayer would offer so your Dragoon and Pugilist can basically not activate Chains unless you use Oils (or Thunder Fist on your Pugilist for Chain Shock).
Your Botanist normal attacking with a bow and your Warlock using the right spell is the only reliable way to get a Chain which is not all that much.

Thanks user, I'll make the alter class and rest my party then go from there.

Holy shit user, thanks, I have a unactive lv40 shaman I got when retiring another unactive member, I'll try to make a party geared around my fencer girl, all this time I misread the chain description thinking folowups were stab/elemental type instead of reading it as following up those kind of attacks, all this time i've been doing shit backwards, I think I'll respec or retire my first characters and build a more synergetic party, what are the recommended skills for the shield dragoon? she's been so good for keeping my party alive, i found the mastery skills really underwhelming, finding myself relying on line, counter and mana guard as often and the roar and the bunker are always iffy on taking damage whenever it's active

Have you odyssey'd your etrian yet?

I'm still odysseying to find my etriam.

>I misread the chain description thinking folowups were stab/elemental type instead of reading it as following up those kind of attacks
Well, it's both really - Chains follow element and stab attacks with a elemental/stab attack.

For a Dragoon you want a Shield Dragoon with Counter Guard - as opposed to Gun Mount it can be infused with elements, causing another Chain if the enemy targeted by your Fencer attacks the protected line (usually the front) with a phyisical skill.
Other than that it is mostly Gun Mount 4 (to safe TP), Mana Guard for when it's needed as well as Bunker/Auto-Bunker, Dragon Roar/Auto-Roar and Dragon Force to get more passive defence for your party.

With a Shaman your Pugilist can cause Chains with normal attacks - one user reported good results using Clinch to fully bind an enemy and then just attacking for Chain proccs (although I usually just use Chain Blast from a Celestrian but this combo still has it's uses).

Also your Shaman is not only a elemental Prayer bot - they can also use Dance Oracle to not only procc a Chain on their own but supercharge them for the rest of the turn. Dance Oracle 10 gives a 1.5x damage multiplier.
However since I think you will kick your Botanist for a Shaman you will not be able to pick up Punisher Shaman. They are useful because Ancient Memory can give back the Prayer that is consumed by Dance Oracle to use it back-to-back.
Instead get a Herald shaman with Benevolence 10 asap as it will passively keep your party alive as long as they are buffed. Low ranks in Appease Spirit and Gospel might also be nice.

The 5th stratum in EOV makes me feel really strong feelings of melancholy and (appropriately) I can't figure out why. EO1s 5th stratum is sad due to the nature of what it is and what it represents yet despite not having anything like it EOVs still makes me feel down in a way I can't describe. The visuals and the soundtrack are both beautiful which contrasts with the (perceived) tone of the place. Anyone else know what I mean?

Seriously if you think about it EOVs whole reason for Yggdrasil is arguably the least sad out of em all it's literally just there to contain the eternal butthurt and to train the intelligent life on the planet to the point that arkon doesn't need to babysit them any more.

It's because it's the last fifth stratum ever

Nice meme but I won't believe you

Well, it's a forest, a green forest even. Something you very rarely find on higher stratums - they are usually the first stratum, the beginning.
And the entire place has some sort of "beginning" feeling about it - much like the 5th Stratum below Etria this is the place where everything started.

And it might also be that events are getting rarer and you don't find any other adventurers there.

Probably because your characters figured out that Arcadia isn't actually their home.
In my headcanon at least

Thanks user, I actually just reclassed my botanist loli to a shaman, got amazing results, my fencer just wiped the floor with the first FOE of the 5th stratum and the chain attacks where everywhere thanks to counter guard and chain double, I even changed my elemancer to omnimancer and altar just did a shitton of while I poked the weakness with chains

Now i'm even more excited to see what I can do with other classes like rover

le milenom girl

what did he mean by this

le milenom girl

le milenom girl

Does resting fuck up retirement? I wanna play EO1U again but dont wanna erase my save. I hope to..
>retire at 99
>rest down to 5 or whatever the minimum is
>store best gear with Rosa until needed
>go through eo1u story again with grimoires, retirement bonuses and .. thats it

It doesn't

So I'm finally in the Crystal Dragon room.
What I want to know if this is a puzzle with one correct way (like the archer queen dlc in U2) or a more flexible route like Wyvern and Behemoth in U2

Also, what is a good level for this boss. I'm 42 at the moment.

There are multiple ways to do it, and you can't die by failing it, so go nuts.

There are many ways to do it

42 is gonna give you trouble unless you have some meme oneshot party

I'm using the suicide attack with the dumb bunny and a bind pugilist and I hope to kill the boss while it is under Chain Blast.

How do I start this series?
Can I jump straight to the latest game?

Start with 4 or 5

Sure. Pick 5 cute girls and go exploring the dungeons

Nice, thanks.

>ITEM/BOX:B
>1920 sushi dollars

doubt.jpg

War Revive

>There's no way to rearrange characters in your guild
Seriously?

There is

You sure? Because i'm playing V and i'm not seeing it.

I'm sure. I did it. I'm not at home so I can't check, but there is, I guess it was with Y buttom or something like that.

I'm playing EOIV and I'm on the second stratum and noticed that some of the fortress skills, have a different 'focus' then the ones from levels 1-20. Like I had Strike/Element guard but now I got Line/Party shield available,and it looks like those skills have a different purpose. So which are better? Am I supposed to dump points into both of them? Also are the offensive skills even worth it?

i wanna be a cute etriam and fug the twink boi

Good night thread.
Survive

oh

>tfw i was a rickyposter but my ricky folder died in a windows crash (dunno how) and all i have left is her daughter

She's superior anyway.

>cannon
>1kat
>bind fist
>healer herb
>omnimancer thats kinda focusing on piercing
>level 31
>strat 3
>bored
send help?

>one kat
>bored
Yup, checks out

>go to arrange (where you usually select your party)
>pick a member, your curser gets moved over to the party interface
>press left to get back to your guild member list
>now you can swap your selected member with any other
It's a bit round-about but it does work.

Healer Herb and any Dragoon is extremely overkill.
And if your 1kat doesn't have both Armor Pierce and High Ground you don't have many buffs. Btw. both of thse effects work for an Omnimancer as well as long as she Reserve Magics a phyiscal element onto all of her spells.

>Play Masurao for a few levels
>It was pretty cool
>Swap over to Fencer because their skillset seemed cool
>Team feels like it got a net nerf instead of a buff
How long does it take before Fencer starts hitting their stride?

are you chaining right, bro?

Chain Fencers take a while to get going don't they?

They take the right team to get going.
A level 1 elemental Chain with three activations deals 450% damage - the same amount as Thunder Fist of the Pugilist which is heralded as one of the most bonkers base class skills.
But you do need a party that is able to activate three Chains without any preperations - so elemental and stab damage.

>Three activations
I can reliably get two but not three. RNG isn't on my side with that one.

Between 1 and 4 there is a 22% chance decay - so the second Chain has a 78% chance of happening and the third a 56% chance.
With three activators you would get 2 Chains most of the time and 3 reasonably often.
Higher levels decrease the activation chance decay but cost more TP which makes them not that sustainable outside of FOE/boss fights.

Why can't I have more eo merchandise?

I want a nice figure of a Tummy Bunny.

What?

That's not a punch...

Time to confess your sins guys
I still can't kill the fucking Eternal Tyrant even though i started playing when the game came out in english

The first time I defeated Star Devourer was on Basic.
Advanced Star Devourer is the only final post-game boss I defeated in an honest fught at the highest difficulty.

made in abyss x etrian oddysey crossover when

Was the anime any good?
I've had it downloaded since it came out but I haven't gotten around to watching any anime from the latter part of 2017 yet

I payed the same amount, and both my box and figurine was pristine, don't know if this one is the same, but it's cheap.
It's no skin of my teeth in any case.

Yes, it's one of the better ones this year. Loved it and am craving for more. Read the comics straight away afterwards too

I take it this is handcrafted and is never going to be mass-sold?

Main character is blonde

That's all I need to hear
I'll watch it next then. Thanks!

mewfag here, playing the frist game, any tips?

Medic's Immunise skill is overpowered