/acg/ - Armored Core General

Morning, guys edition

Last Raven: For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

hello

bump

I like Armored Core FA over Armored Core VD

Nice

bump.

Is using the jack of all trades mid against every single player mission good practice for a newbie?

Live please
Pretend this is an A.C. image

nice AC

It'll be fine so long as you realize that sometimes you need to change weapons.

I'm hoping that after this intel issue, I can still emulate Armored Core Last Raven.

A well rounded AC can get you really far, just change weapon as you see fit, few missions will force you to modify or create a new AC

Like sniper ACs. You'll always need a sniper at some point.

totally, also a blader can be forced, mostly on those maps inside a facility where the you cant fly and filled with narrow spaces.

Any of you guys use windows 10? Been wondering how AC emulates on it.

Got a new year card from FROMSOFTWARE today!

Morning.

Nice, they still remember ous

did you play VD online when it was active?
that's how i like to start. change your parts only if you're restarting too much.
it is good practice because after failing you will have to recognize what it is or is not on your AC that caused failure. mids have lots of leeway so it's really easy to just swap parts around unlike other leg types where careful planning is necessary.
thanks, FROMSOFTWARE!

I did it guys, I finally SS ranked AC4. The game commits the worst sin a game with a ranking system can commit - when you lose, it doesn't restart you without loading, instead it dumps you back into the menu so you have to load the mission again. But eventually I was like fuck it, I'll do it anyway just to play this awesome game once more. Some of the missions were really tight on time/damage/ammo, almost all of normal story missions were actually. The duel missions were probably the easiest, I had most of them on S during my original playthrough. Nothing as horrifyingly difficult as "Occupation of Arteria Caprals". The strongest NEXT was unexpectedly Sir Mauresqu because he uses parts with very high EN resistance so I had to hit him with about the same amount of Sirius rounds as I did the entire Berlioz's brigade.

Nice shit, user. Now you gotta get a world record speedrun

Hope I'll make it for the next next GDQ.

bump

Check this out. If they make an Armored Core anime, then they can make a sequel and call it "Armored Core NEXT". Neat, huh?

How do I get into Armored Core?

Open the cockpit.

I meant which game should I start first?

Start at 2, proceed in release order.
It's easier to play the bad controls and then get used to the reasonable controls than it is to get used to reasonable controls and then transition into bad controls.

All right.
Thanks

If you have a 360/ps3 play Armored Core 4, if you have a PS2 or can emulate it play AC3. If all you have is a toaster of a PC then play AC1 for PS1.

The first serie could be before AC4, showing normal ACs and raven, then the sequel would be about the national dismantle war or something after it, just when the NEXTs have become the new shinny toys

I'd say start with the first one at least

Greetings from Earth. And long time no see, B+Shitter.

The stalker is back, and here I belive he was a thing from.last year

>stalker
Omoshiroi. Tell me your name, are you a follower of the false face too?