/nintyg/ Nintendo General

John Leguizamo edition
This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.

Tags: /3dsg/, /arms/, /mk8g/, /wug/, /nintyl/

>Important News
[!] - Breath of the Wild: Champions Ballad DLC available now: youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc
[!] - Bayonetta 3 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-i40Ez6KY
[!] - Mega Man 11 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0
[!] - Outlast 1 and 2 to be released early next year for Switch: twitter.com/TheRedBarrels/status/938838477088657408
[!] - Some autistic fuckers have an estimate of total coins in each Mario game: nintendoeverything.com/estimated-total-coins-for-the-super-mario-games-prior-to-odysseys-release/
[!] - New Pokken item codes and content for Twitch Prime users: nintendoeverything.com/pokken-tournament-dx-twitch-prime-member-emotes-new-in-game-item-codes/
[!] - Footage of the new Versus mode in Mario + Rabbids: youtube.com/watch?v=7er_WMshnNc
[!] - Shantae: Half Genie Hero Ultimate Edition to be released early next year: nintendoeverything.com/shantae-half-genie-hero-ultimate-day-one-edition-slated-for-spring-2018/
[!] - Splatoon 2 soundtrack released and places fourth on the charts: oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/w/2017-12-11/
[!] - New trailers for Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2: nintendoeverything.com/latest-yo-kai-watch-busters-2-trailers/
[!] - Ryan Reynolds to voice Detective Pikachu: hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibochartv13.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/ZVe32Eb
discord.me/nintyg
nintenderos.com/2018/01/kirby-star-allies-aparece-listado-para-el-22-de-junio-en-amazon-espana/
youtube.com/watch?v=laMTbTSRPkE&t=423s
youtube.com/watch?v=XfOsf4_Yo-Q
youtu.be/q4hC7X-fu4g
translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.nintendo.no/nyheter/633-2017-et-suksessar-for-nintendo&edit-text=&act=url
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shameless bamp

oh hey new thread

How's everyone liking Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

I missed you these past few months nintygen! I hope you will stick around so we can enjoy the January direct together, my switch is here tommorrow!

stoner faggots game rollerino
420 smoke then reroll(if more than once smoke then weegee)
1, 3-odyssey
5,6-botw
7,8-train amiibo on smash
9-ultra moon

Does anyone in existence play Fast RMX

Got a Switch for Christmas and I gotta say I love it more than I expected I would. I didn't think I would like handheld mode or tabletop mode, but I use those modes just as much as I use the TV mode.

Same situation as you, although holding the device with both joycons attached feels kind of uncomfortable and I much prefer tabletop.

we havent been gone that long, thanks though

Someone buy me this.

>there will never be an HD Custom Robo on the Switch with online tournaments
why even live?

god when is the january direct supposed to happen anyway
i need my kirby news

I bet it will be within 11 days.

A bit of a random question but do you know if the "restore factory settings without deleting save data" option in the switch's recovery mode removes the games playtime?

it is shit

Current rumor is the 11th

hi babt

Same

FINISH

Id like to buy a nintendo portable, not a home console

I would like to ask you guys about the D-Pads on the 3DS and 2DS range of handhelds. I've actually never owned one, but I have played on every other Nintendo system.

-The original fat Nintendo DS d-pad is my favorite. It's big and tactile. The fat DS's d-pad is strikingly similar to the Xbone controller's D-pad. I love it.

-The DS Lite has a tiny mushy d-pad. You hold right and the up and down buttons are partially going down with it! BLEH, I say. I do not like it.

-The WiiU Gamepad's d-pad is larger than the DS Lite's d-pad and feels a little less mushy, but it's still pretty bad.

-I actually haven't played any games on the Switch yet, but I held it in my hands for a few minutes and think the D-buttons is a novel concept. They felt good to press. It's like the Hitbox of D-pads. I would really really like to try playing a fighting game on it.

Back to the main topic, I'm sure that the D-pads on the 3DS and 2DS handhelds vary. How do they feel? Do any of them have the tact of an original fat DS's d-pad?

N3DS.

Never tried a DS phat but DSi had a nice clicky dpad.

I wanna say N3DSXL and N3DS dpads are tighter than wii u.

2DS is very soft and springy.

Why do you even keep trying, Gor?

I miss Wii U

Who is gor?

Same. Just a Netflix machine now.

Tomorrow I'll play Orochi Warriors and pokken on it.

will the intel scam that was jsut leaked allow me to play playstation vita games on my switch?

No

why not?

Any DS aficionados in this gen? I just beat Pokemon Black 2 on my phone emu and I actually liked it very much, hadn't played any pokemon since gen IV and it felt like a breath of fresh air. Now I'm left craving for any underappreciated gems the system has to offer like Hotel Dusk or Ghost Trick, got anything to suggest?

I haven’t played a Pokémon game for more than an hour since I was a kid. I’ve really been wanting to try again lately but not sure where to start. I have X, AS, and Moon. Should I just pick Moon up or go start with X?

Hi

I like the ds with supercard ds2+ and ez3in1. Its the only ds

go moon

i have a 64gb sd card and i kinda wanna go full digital on my switch. recommended size? also, can i freely swap my games between sd cards by copying and pasting them over like with the 3ds?

What's your favourite 3D platformer?

mario 64

Zelda

Any huge games coming out later this year besides Yoshi and Kirby?

Is the BotW DLC actually worth getting? If so, should I buy it now before starting the game?

Do you guys drink soy milk?

>actually believing there will be a January direct
>claiming that "there has been one every January" despite the fact that it's a lie
>believing the EA email "leak" when the "leaker" says they just "found it in their email box"
>believing Emily Rogers when we spend most of our time here making fun of her

there's not going to be a direct this month.

How the flying fuck do you transfer your data between SD cards when you want to upgrade the size and NOT have your switch throw a bitch fit?

I thought it would be like the 3DS where you just transfer it whole sale and put in the new card. NOPE, says the card is unreadable.I then use the system format for the new SD card on the system itself and then redownload all the files onto it. NOPE, says its unreadable again.

I'm check the Nintendo website and trying the SD Card Formater. But in case that goes to shit, how many save files would I lose or if I just transfer my album, I could redownload all the patches and other games?

Full fat milk or almond.

Bumbp

任天堂1月ダイレクト起こる
任天堂のスイッチと任天堂のスイッチのゲームを購入してください
あなたがサポートしてくれてありがとう

I wouldn't recommend it.

1. Switch games by AAA debs are bloated and not optimized so you get 20+GB files. A game like NBA 2k18 has a 5GB save file the must stay on the internal memory.

I got a 200GB microSD and after formatting I was left with 180GB.

Or if you're gonna skip big games and just get indie stuff it's usually less than 1GB per game.

You can paste card data to a bigger card.

Dragon Quest Builders.

Switch game save files are saved to the system. You're just transferring the game software and patches.

I like Indy games

You're going to feel very silly in a couple of weeks

It's 85% good and 15% absolute shit. I don't know why they think taking away the most interesting mechanics for hours at a time is a good thing but they sure do fucking love doing it.

Bumnbp.

anyone got a link to the discord?

Stopit

tough decision between Mario 64 and Odyssey

discord.gg/ZVe32Eb

Are you the guy looking for For You FLAC?

>New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 9, 999, 999 coins
Just because the title screen accommodates it doesn't mean it contains that many...? Where'd they get this figure from?

discord.me/nintyg

Help

no

nintenderos.com/2018/01/kirby-star-allies-aparece-listado-para-el-22-de-junio-en-amazon-espana/
amazon spain lists star allies for june 22

Post ninty jams.
youtube.com/watch?v=laMTbTSRPkE&t=423s

youtube.com/watch?v=XfOsf4_Yo-Q

Speaking of Paper Mario.

youtu.be/q4hC7X-fu4g

You can knock the game play but the soundtrack was decent at times.

I CANT FIND THE MOON PHASES OR 'KEEP' HINT ART

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[spoilers]don't tell me though[/spoilers][spoilers]but seriously is the moon hint art by Pauline in New Don't?

Just bought a Switch and am still checking out the UI. Is the any way to tell that a DLC has been downloaded without going into the game? The Wii U showed DLC in the data management, but I'm not seeing anything like that on the Switch.

Ok, I figured out the moon phases hint art but the Keep hint art is killing me.

Fick yes found the keep hint art

What are your favourite indie games on the Switch currently?

golf story

ctrl+s

JB Harold

Will Nintendo release a Pikmin trilogy collection?

Yep.
thanks.

Wonder Boy.

That's probably bullshit but still.
translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&u=https://www.nintendo.no/nyheter/633-2017-et-suksessar-for-nintendo&edit-text=&act=url

Why are there still people blaming Miyaoto instead of IS for ruining Paper Mario?