/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, argue, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1146 - Rouge belongs in /trash/ edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kmAoXyeLcSI&spfreload=10
youtu.be/QAd41DDNwuM
youtu.be/l_Uo0VJihCU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sonic, did I ever tell you about the time I was responsible for my entire clan getting thrown into the Twilight Cage? After Pachacamac and his people were wiped out by the water monster, the Nocturnus Clan continued their technological advancements. Eventually I befriended a newly created Gizoid and shared my knowledge with him. The Gizoid eventually grew so powerful that tentacles came out of the sky and dragged us all into another dimension.
He was a good friend.

That's better

Well shit, I made literally five seconds before this one. Which is the real /sthg/?

Reminder that Knuckles doesn't love Rouge and they will never be together.

Sometimes this happens when a thread is deleted. Multiple people step up to the plate and make them at the same time.
No biggie. We can just use this one cause it was linked.
/sthg/ is a good community.

You need to link it in the previous thread as well otherwise it's moot. It's a two step procedure so technically this is the right thread.

None of those pics were crossing the line.

This is fine.

The thread was deleted due to thotposting so it couldn't be linked.

They were still eating up the image limit.

No, i'm talking about this thread compared to the Blaze thread made. This was linked in the previous thread while the Blaze one wasn't. If both are linked you go to the one that came first.

/sthg/ is dying... isn't it?

From tragedy and death, life will be born anew.
From mistakes... into miracles... it will live on.

What is your favorite zone and why is it Green Hill Zone?

Hard to say.
We can survive without constant new content, but not if we remain fractured.
The whole "_____ aspect of the sonic franchise shouldn't be allowed here" mentality is toxic.

Do you think Traveller's Tales should have another shot at a Sonic game? It doesn't seem like Dimps is interested in making more Sonic games.

Only Mania and mainline 3D games are allowed from now on. The days of side games are gone for good.

>implying Mania isn't a side game.
I raughed.

Lego Dimensions is the only 3D Sonic game to have non-scripted loops. So, yeah. I say give 'em a shot. S'got potential.

They made the only 3D sonic game featuring unscripted loops, SEGA should let them do whatever they want for, like, two years and release whatever labour of love rolls out.

That's disappointing. I guess Sonic really is a budget series now with the only side games being mobile apps.

>Blaze:I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! I THOUGHT YOU CARED! I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! YOU PICKED A CHIPMUNK OVER ME! YOU NEVEER CARED ABOUT ME! YOU JUST CARE ABOUT A STUPID CHIPMUNCK! I SAW IT ALL! ANWAY! WHO WOULD YOU PICK? ME OR A DUMB,STUPID CHIPMUNCK! I HATE YOU! I HATE EVERYONE WHO ARE HAPPY! I HATE SALLY!
My favorite issue desu

>Story 1
>In Sonic Marries Sally part 2 . The SonAlly story is still going. Blaze heartbroken and Sonic and Sally happy. Tails has made a newspaper called "The Mobouis Mag". Tails wrote about Sonic and Sally getting married. Which makes Blaze more sad.Silver invites Blaze to the wedding then she bursts into tears.Rose invites Tails and Tails invites Cream then Cream invites Lily after that Lily invites Keona. After the wedding, Blaze goes up to Sonic a slaps him in the face. She then runs off crying.

>Story 2
>Fiona loves Scrouge

>Story 3
>Sonic LOLS.

Pure kino.

Depends on what kind of game they would want to make.

Can you stop posting this autistic shit?
We literally just had a thread get deleted. We're probably on a tight leash.

This

What's with the .01% thing at the end of Forces?
It goes to 100% for your side then plops back to 99.99%.
Is that a cut idea for a secret ending or stage or just buggy numbers being unable to display complete zeros?

I don't know. Sonic played fine in Lego Dimensions, and the level design wasn't bad in Sonic Dimensions, but that was more of a Lego reskin than anything original. I don't think Traveller's Tales could handle making a non-Lego Sonic game, especially since their previous two tries (3D Blast and R) didn't go so well.

>Complaining about autistic shit in the autism general
No

the .01% is to specify that Eggman is still alive. If it was 100% than that would imply Eggman is dead and full peace has been restored but since he's still alive that can't be reached.

At the very beginning of the game, when it first show the power percentage scale, Eggman starts at .01% power, and then it all goes to him at once, leaving the resistance with whatever small number you start with. The .01% of power is Eggman himself.

haha

Listen here mister, there are not okne, not two, but FIVE grammar mistakes on this paper! Let's get started fixing it.

haha

I love her

the last thread got deleted because it was clear it was made only to post Rouge instead of having an actual discussion.

Let's not forget that the team behind it had better fan-service in its little toe than all of Forces. In fact, they made Chaos a real threat, had better callbacks AND had funnier writing than anything baldy-nosehair crew ever gave us. Get rid of the Lego elements and I think there's a lot of potential.

>3D Blast and R
That was years and years ago. Likely none of the original TT devs that made those games are even part of them anymore.

0.01% are Eggman, Orbot and Cubot.

WIIIIIIILD WOOOOODY!

Good riddance.

Jon Burton is still at TT and he helped with both titles

3D Blast was DX'ed, it's alright now.
R was never that bad it's just very short.

Nice

>checked forces rip
>they are have no infinite theme: instrumental version

JUST

I feel bad for Amy in this picture.

Green Hill is unironically one of the better zones in Sonic 1 along with Star Light. The rest have bad pacing issues because Sonic Team didn't know how to balance the level design yet.

Don't feel bad for her. That entire universe is wiped out

What would happen if more normies found about this place?

Didn't know that. Cool. One thing is certain, though: in order to do parody right one must have a love for and an understanding of the source material on which the parody is based. That said, Lego Dimensions had that in spades.
>Shadow picking up flower arrangement because he thinks that's what Maria would have wanted
>Shadow having a gun, only for Knuckles to smack it out of his hands
>Eggman almost calling himself Robotnik
>"Get a load of this! Wait, did I say that already?"
That's just to name a few. In order to make fun of something you need to understand it. They clearly do.

>Hot Blind Rat Mobius

I love that they included this beauty, but I'm sad that they didn't give her this winning smile.

I wish they had Vector and Goose Lady in this too.

Nothing. sthg is not r9k.

there would be more shitposting like the /v/ sonic threads

Comic discussion would be killed off and it would be Sonic Twitter memes 2.0, guest starring Game Grumps. /v/-tier shitposting would increase as well.
The Reddit influx would bring in Cosmiccougar, Universeleopard, Astrallion, Solartiger, and Galaxyjaguar, joining our "beloved" Spacepanther.

>Cosmiccougar, Universeleopard, Astrallion, Solartiger, and Galaxyjaguar, joining our "beloved" Spacepanther.
who

Let me show you the way

>Mobouis
????

>We literally just had a thread get deleted.
This and that aren't related.

>Dead memes like Sanic and "gotta go fast" get spammed on every thread.
>"Sonic doesn't work in 3D" gets parroted with half-baked arguments.
>"Haha guys, look at this funny callback they made in Boom!"
It would end up destroying one of the very few places with semi-decent Sonic discussion.

Cool, looks way better.

SEETHING

is there any interest in doing a "/sthg/ sings"?
youtube.com/watch?v=kmAoXyeLcSI&spfreload=10
We could do fist bump

Redditor OCs

>The Reddit influx would bring in Cosmiccougar, Universeleopard, Astrallion, Solartiger, and Galaxyjaguar, joining our "beloved" Spacepanther.
kek

Sounds stupid and gay, count me out.

Penders making Uncle Chuck some knighted super-inventor was some weird-ass shit. I do love Penders' love for making things SUPER SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT

>The Reddit influx would bring in Cosmiccougar, Universeleopard, Astrallion, Solartiger, and Galaxyjaguar, joining our "beloved" Spacepanther.
Not counting yourself, user?

everything about this general is stupid and gay though

So guys, im playing Lost World for the first time.
Is it me or does it feel a tad bit too slow and stiff? I can't put my finger on it, but I just dont feel like I'm sonicing at full potential.
Is it something I get used to eventually?

For the comic, serious was good.
Too bad Penders is a hack writer.

>t. Spacepanther

Remember when Sonic cried like a little bitch?

Wanna know how to make Hedgehog dick explode?

Normies don't like /v/ or shitposting though

Okay somebody needs to take those cupid arrows away from Amy before this gets out of hand.

that's a funny joke user

Nah, it's one of the reasons people aren't so fond of Lost World.

>Normies don't like /v/

The movement in that game is seriously off.

Why would normies like /v/? It's overly negative, racist, sexist and they hate all the popular video games.

Maybe you should stay in Reddit with them.

G A M E O V E R

S O N I C H A S B E E N F O U N D G U I L T Y

T I M E F O R P U N I S H M E N T

-CRUSHING SPEED EXECUTION-
youtu.be/QAd41DDNwuM
>Sonic running in a long hallway being chased by all of his Metallic counterparts. Little does he realize the Walls start to close in on him. He reaches a dead end with all the Metals chasing at him full speed. He tries attacking them with a spin dash but the Metals were too many. Grabbing his arms and legs they slam him to the ground and the walls pressurizes all of them.
>When the smoke clears the survivors left see all but left of Sonic's and Metals mushed mess. A familiar theme plays youtu.be/l_Uo0VJihCU

Okay, its nice to know it wasnt just me then. because I legit feel like some of the stuff in it could flow a lot better. It's like im getting stopped and slowed down every few seconds.

I want to rub Nicole's ears!

Just as you would expect from an extremely popular board that acts as a gateway

>Normies don't like /v/
>or shitposting
LOL

>Proof: Some damn long held gazes
I need to know why Sonaze shippers are like this. What the fuck. What the hell is the reason?

>normies don't like shitposting

because it's extremely hard for autistic people to look someone in the eye, let alone have both parties gaze. Any kind of eye contact clearly means romantic interest

He's right about Archie Sonic and I can see how he might think X Sonic is in love with Amy, but Sega Sonic just isn't the type of person that can hold a relationship, especially with someone that has both regal and isolated duties, and lives in another dimesion, as well.

>Amy is not that crazy in this canon
that's one hell of a headcanon then

This actually perfectly explains it and why they refuse to accept how other people don't see any attraction, holy shit

>Amy isn't that crazy in Sonic X
>Sonic & Sally married in the Archie comic (ignoring the fact that XYL isn't canon to the main comic)

>Hinted mutual interest
>Proof: Some damn long held gazes
So no proof then.

Amy is a jerk in Sonic X. It made me hate her for a time.

To be fair, Sonic and Sally did have a steady relationship in the late preboot after Ian got them back together.

Not canon.

am I the only one who never got the whole shipping thing between sonic and blaze? when I played rush as a kid I never felt anything between them so it really surprised me that so many people insisted there was a romance between them when I started using the internet.