I'm not a fucking limey but check this shit out about tea

I'm not a fucking limey but check this shit out about tea.

>Grows in China, mainly only exported to Japan. It's called Tu.
>1500's some dude brings it to Europe.
>Brits go fucking nuts for it.
>Start naval empire for the sole purpose of buying tea.
>Britain buys literally all the fucking tea in China for all its silver bullion, utterly bankrupting itself.
>Britain finds Opium in shit tier India.
Britain gets China addicted to Opium to balance the debt. Lel.
>Enter China's Age of Woe
>China gets pissed for turning it's citizens into drug loving hippies. Colossal War ensues.
>Meanwhile Brits decide they want sugar in their tea, basically kick starting the slave trade in earnest.
>Stick sugar plantations all over Americas
>Kill half the niggers in Africa just to grow that sweet sweet sugar
>Blitz through India, be like "Oi grow tea or everyone dies"
>okay
>China's fucked, rebellions happening, broke from opium wars, monopoly on tea is gone.
Also their "Empress" was a fucking cunt
>Africa's completely fucked, millions dead, millions in chain's halfway around the world
>the America's rolling in wealth from plantations and slave labor
>Everyone and their mum drinks tea, Britain makes fucking bank
>Tea's alright I guess, it's mostly enjoyable thinking the amount of corpses that brew yielded

Tea thread general

Other urls found in this thread:

kongregate.com/games/explorewellcome/high-tea
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Fucking up half the world for a drink
Literally the definition of based
>ywn be a proud subject of the queen ;_;

Kinda unrelated but why did brits drinked exclusively black tea when chinese drinked green tea? Was black tea a thing in China?

Not as it was like in the west, no. Chinese black tea was more of a fermented more bitter version.

>tfw sipping tea whilst being in the glorious commonwealth

But if the brits discovered tea throught China, wouldn't they consume more green tea?

do american drink tea?

When it was first brought to England in the 1650's it was served as green tea. Over time it just evolved into a different way to prepare it.

That might be a bit different, but tea is fairly popular in Canada but no where near as popular as coffee. In fact, one of the most popular brand of tea in Canada is a British one

>OP trivialises tea

Imagine for 100s of years your drinking options are alcohol or water. Sure you can get different types of alcohol but most of it would be local beer.

Then someone shows you this new thing fresh from the orient. Flavoured water. Water has never been more exciting, by adding different leaves to your water you can create different flavours.

Then imagine someone shows you sweet water.

Even today soft drink, energy drink, coffee and tea are popular.

Turns out water is kinda boring.

I'm pretty sure it existed, but was just called red tea in china. Black tea was its separate thing.

no because green tea isn't transportable for shit especially not for months on end in long voyages

Black tea is tea dried out with either heat or naturally that's why most fags outside China and Japan drink black tea more so than green tea

Yes all the time, however coffee is more popular. But generally speaking most people use these beverages as a way to deliver sugar into their mouth.

Also we love iced tea, which is known in some places is known as sweet tea. If an American asks for iced tea, for the love of freedom, don't serve it unsweetened.

Imagine all the guns and training the Qing could have bought in return for a fucking PLANT.

Green tea is astringent gook shit though

experiencing this feel.

Actually China was already addicted to opium but it was considered a minor issue because the stuff was so expensive that only the very wealthy could afford to indulge and even then only occasionally. What the British did was industrialize production and allow the product to be sold at a cheap price in unprecedented amounts.

Honestly though it serve the Chinks right for exploiting the British addiction to tea the way they did.

>Haha! you rikey tea? you pay top dorrar! We no likey your junk products. We onry accept sirver as payment!
>Oi m8, we 'ear you blokes like opium... Well we just so 'appen to 'ave some lyin' round. Care to buy some? We accept payment in tea. Silver too....
>NOOOO FIRTHY BRIT IMPERIARISTS YOU NO PRAY FAIR WE SUPPOSED TO SCAM YOU NOT YOU SCAM US THIS MEAN WAR

>peddling tea is comparable to peddling opium

am I reading this right?

>someone shows you flavoured water
Man, herbal tea was known and largely used long before tea arrived. Probably since the invention of hot water.

To brits it is.

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who don't put milk in their tea

Truly the most abhorrent of creatures.

but one is a addictive destructive opioid

and one is leaves in water (・_・ヾ

>putting milk in tea
>adding anything to tea
>ruining the glorious true tea flavour

Absolutely disgusting, utter blasphemy
don't tell me you add sugar as well

>putting milk in tea
Is this an amerinigger thing?

Yes.
Exploiting the addictive properties of a product to make a profit is exploiting the addictive properties of a product to make a profit.

The Chinese just got in over their heads and were outplayed.

Now answer this as if your life depended on it you dog, for it does!

Tea into milk or milk into tea?
Choose wisely friend....

As far as I know Americans are the only ones who don't put milk in tea.

u wot
heaps of brits and ausfags don't corrupt it with milk and sugar

Milk first, anyone who says otherwise is a fool and Irish.

>milk

Caffeine is hardly as addictive as morphine or codeine. Plus a society on uppers is much more productive than one on downers.

In southeast asia we put milk and spices to tea

Irrelevant.
Chinese were acting like dicks and exploiting the British, therefore they have no grounds to complain when the tables are turned. Besides it's not like the Brits didn't have their own opium woes.

Sorry, what?

Tea + milk isn't common at all in China or Japan or really any of the Asian countries that tea originally came from. Not even with black tea. Sometimes in northern China or Tibet they add milk but it's not a mainstream practice in most of China.

Adding milk is a European practice.

I should probably rephrase that as Americans are the ones that never put milk in their tea.

this has gone some way towards reaffirming my faith in americans

What's your point? Tea didn't originally come from Southeast Asia, it was introduced there later (actually the plant itself does come from SE Asia, but it was first cultivated and made into tea in China, and the practice spread south centuries later). Even after it did it wasn't ever drunk with milk, that's a recent European innovation (and when milk is added to tea it's almost always Indian or Ceylonese tea, which has a bolder flavor than other black teas; milk isn't usually added to indigenously-produced SE Asian teas).

How much milk do you people put in your tea? I always drank tea without milk or sweetener, but milk seems interesting.

Just a splash of milk

Indians like sweet milky tea,My wife - from the USA orginally - thought the idea of milk in tea was (to use her exact expression) "Ewww" (I think I have the right number of 'w's there), until she tried it. Now she won't have it any other way.

Opium is just flower bud juice.

Check mate.

And "heaps" of them do.

All this being the case how come nobody was killed over soda when it's clearly the superior beverage? I drink around three 20 oz bottles of coke every day.

Dont serve it to me sweetened or ill serve it right back at you buddy

The same for Thailand, Thai people love milky tea.

>Shit tier India
India was always one of the richest places on the planet and that the Brits managed to get it all to themselves is a masterpiece of imperialism.

It's like if I dunno the Dutch managed to conquer the entirety of Africa.

Milk into tea.

If I'm going to die it's better with the truth on my lips.

And we laugh at those people whenever we see them doing it.

Only women don't put milk in tea

>being so pussy he can't withstand astringency of tea

and heaps of americans corrupt it with ice and heaps of sugar (or any sugar)

The economics of war is actually kind of funny, if you try and study historical economics. Actually, that should be a university course.

>Being so much of a queer you have something to prove with your tea
Proper hard lads drink their tea with loads of milk and a shovel full of sugar.

blasphemy

I believe the only ones drinking tea today is Turks. Anyone know why?
They ONLY drink tea...

how do they have it?

Diabetes inducing.

Black tea with sugar or without.

>only civilized countries drink tea
discuss

Fuck you, why would I want my tea to taste less like tea?

Coca Cola has already won. I'm pretty sure it's the most consumed product on Earth.

>Indians
>T*rks
>Americans
Doesn't hold up. Almost got them quads.

for suhguman like you maybe

>only exported to Japan. It's called Tu.
Nigga what.

Japan and Korea got tea, yes, and grew their own.

You know who else got tea?
>Silk Route. Fucking Turks did tea.
>THE TEA & HORSE ROAD going to Tibet/Nepal.

Brits confirmed for idiots.

related

kongregate.com/games/explorewellcome/high-tea