>current year
>people still fail to copy and paste
BCI and the future of VR
pastebin.com/8bCvbFip

Previous thread:

/vrg/ unitypackage collection when?

UPDATE THE PASTEBIN FOR RECOMENDED APPS

this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this THIS

Is the megatutorial is all I need to watch, to learn how to get my shit together, I got connection issues and can't stream so I'll need to yt-dl the video at once, I want to make sure I grab all that's needed so I can continue it even when I'm offline.

SLUT SLUT SLUT KISS ME SLUT

I wanna cuddle with anime girls too

Why would they kiss a frog?

fuck off with that BCI shit, a single article has nothing to do with VR and no one cares about it. we are here to talk about VR games and apps not something that has very little to do with anything applicable to VR or the next 50 years for that matter.

we get it, you invested in some retard shit that you need raise awareness because it's losing steam whatever man but Veeky Forums isn't an investors firm or anything like that so take your Bullshit Cuckold Institution and blow it out your ass

tl;dr BCI has nothing to do with the topic of VR apps / games and no one cares about it and it shouldn't be in the OP
I'm not copy/pasting retard shit for no reason just because you did for the last thread, you should make the thread before it's 30 posts over limit and on page 10 next time dumbass BCI shitto

>bci has nothing to do with vr
brainlet spotted.

classic nooby unity user having no concept of realistic scope :)

>If I get people to talk about it enough, I'll convince myself it'll happen in my life time!
you're going to die one day, get over it

also I didn't say it had nothing to do with VR you've mis-quoted me. It has a lot to do with VR but what I said was

a single article has nothing to do with VR and no one cares about it
and
BCI has nothing to do with the topic of VR apps / games and no one cares about it and it shouldn't be in the OP

sooo yeah you're a fucking idiot faggot fuck you lol

Full body tracking adds a whole new level to immersion. Now I can act even morecute.

Not enough samefagging in this thread.

>I-if I tell him he samefagged, that means everything he said was invalid!
ok

You're a brainlet who cannot see 2 centimeters in front of his nose so yeah, your argument was already invalid in the first place.

>I-if I attack his credibility via ad hominem everything he said will be invalid!
ok

>Buy Vive on the 1st
>Check it today to see if its shipped
>Its on its way RIGHT NOW
GUYS I'M NOT READY
I wanted to have at least given up avatar creation before it arrived but it seems a little late, now.
If anyone could rig something for me in a couple hours I'd appreciate it.

>Fucking clipping.
Let me guess, when an avatar has clothes, there no body underneath...

>brainlet continuing to be a brainlet
I'm sure you're gonna get far in life, keep at it.

>If anyone could rig something for me in a couple hours I'd appreciate it.

Do it yourself.

>just about ready publish avatar into vrchat
>look at rigging for hands
>notice that the last thumb bone is missing
>look at model
>only 2 bones in the thumb
God fucking dammit japs
How easy is this to fix?

70% of my avatars keeps bending forward, even if I move their spine on Unity...
All I do is fix their bones and translate everything by using Cats' plugin, sometimes I don't even decimate a thing, I just delete useless things from the model. What am I doing wrong?
Please teach me how to kill myself

>3 in thumb
?????

The thumb is a finger that has 3 bones just like any other finger.

Hey, I imported that model today too.
I did delete most of the body underneath the clothes though.

Do I need these? It creates them every time I make a new animation (when I drag it onto the model, perhaps)

Oh, well...
I either do that, or make a new outfit.

I'm making a very basic model from scratch based on pic related.

What do you all think?

How hard is it to add mouth bones for simple mouth movements? This avatar I have is unfinished.

I want this game and a headset, but I'm afraid of getting some hentai/masturbation wires crossed and developing something to hide from my boyfriend in the process

uhm
that's a good image, I believe you'll be able to handle modeling a cube and making it green, sounds like something you can handle. :)

>muriclaps wake up
>thread quality goes to shit
rly make your neurons tingle

Are there any sample Unity-ready fbx models? trying to understand what I am doing wrong, blender just won't export it after I edited just a piece of hair, it worked last time I tried.

nigga it's 5 pm, when do people get up where you're from?
also I can tell this is bait, this is the only (you) you're getting, okay?

Thank you China

Gotta start somewhere.

I have basic green cube and top hat. Currently trying to figure out how to rig bones to make movement.

Even if that happened, you wouldn't be alone.

Working on a VR game based on Way of the Samurai 1 for PS2.

The game is a samurai/ronin action game taking place in Japan just as the samurai class was dying out. You take the role of a ronin who happens upon a struggling trading town torn between 2 warring clans; one seeks to gain a foothold in the town to re-establish the samurai class and challenge Meiji government, while the other clan wants to embrace the government and do its best to preserve what little status they have in the new government. The game world itself is 9 different maps with wandering and set NPCs that interconnect, which you can enter and leave at will, advancing the story only when you want to.

The game utilizes many features to deter waggling and encourage swift, deliberate swordplay thru a heat system, and a push-pull mechanic for attack and defense.

Landing blows on swords and bodies generates heat on your sword. heat builds up fast depending on what you hit and how consecutive your hits are. too much heat will lower your sword's durability and your sword's heat tolerance will go down as well, until you hit 0 durability and your sword breaks.

Swords can be obtained from every slain enemy, and come with random stats and sometimes even special charms. they can be upgraded, but can never be unbreakable. You also lose your equipped swords on death. Health is also low by default but can be affected by sword stats.

For attacking and defense, you have a push/pull/neutral mechanic when swords clash. Basically when your opponent is guarding and you can't find a way around their guard stance, you can push them or anticipate a push-back and make them fumble for a hit. be wary, because the enemy can do the same and your own guard will be deactivated for a few seconds. heat generation also differs based on blocking and attacking.

Finally there is a perfect block. by tapping the block button at the right time, you can enter a special slow mo to counterattack.

Even has titty bones

dang I've been saving my money for half a year to get a Vive and finally have the money but now I realized that I have nowhere to put the lighthouses. My gaming room is surrounded by concrete walls :/

mount them?

get camera tripods with screws. the Vive has 2 places to put screw mounts on.

So I finished making a model today and was right about to upload it but VRC says that "Humanoid avatar must have head, hands and feet bones mapped." and I totally did that. HELP user, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

configure the avatar's rig in unity, make sure all of the slots that say "head hands and feet" are filled in with the right bones.
did you make the rig a "humanoid" class rig?

I'm not reading this I have unity documentation to read nigga tl;dr me that shit realtalk

Not sure if I have anything to mount them with.

Don't the lighthouses have to be above you?

I could try to find a way to wrap them around two poles that are on opposite sides of my gaming room. Not positive it would work though.

Use 3M tape

elevate the tripods

Looks better than any of the other models I've done so far

Question I can answer by watching a tutorial?
I have tried everything (very little to nothing)!
Can someone link me to the tutorials in the OP?
Anyone want to just do it for me??

will that work? I've heard from other people that tapes and adhesives don't really work for the lighthouses.

I used heavy-duty 3M double-sided tape since I live in an apartment and can't drill holes. I've had my vive for over a year and they haven't fallen off.

>At a Christmas party my senior year in college
>Only like 7 of us in the back den
>We're all a little tipsy and talking about sex stuff
>Giving advice about blowback and arguing about technique and laughing
>Get into a playful argument with a female friend that she thought she could make me cum in two minutes
>I'm rock hard and drunk, say fuck it and stand up, leaning against the couch and pushing my jeans down
>I was immediately embarrassed but I was going to play it off as a joke later
>Before I could even register what was happening I was in her mouth
>two guys are laughing their asses off the other one next to me complains jealously
>The rest are girls they're all giggling and watching one is clapping for some reason, I remember the really nerdy girl that I liked was staring right at my cock with huge eyes, think she was a virgin
>My entire body was shaking, I didn't know what to do but it was the greatest feeling of my life
>I wasn't ashamed or scared even though everyone was watching it felt super comfy, like everyone had accepted me in a deep and meaningful way
>Guy next to me started rubbing my ass in a definitely sexual way, and I'm straight as an arrow but it felt so comforting and reassuring I wanted to tell him I loved him
>She's doing that thing where you use your hand to act as second lips when you gag too much which I hate but I was so overwhelmed I came in like 3 minutes
>She spits it into her beer and sits back laughing, saying I told you so
>We laugh and talk about how crazy it was blah blah for like 15 minutes and moved on like it was super natural
>Have had plenty of sex since but will literally never ever experience anything as crazy or unique as that night
>Still masturbate thinking about that nerdy girl watching like her life depended on it
>Have tried making her in Honey like 5 times

Does it really matter with vive if you elevate the lighthouses or not? What benefit does this give?

The way I imagine the lighthouses is some sort of field coming out of them including up.

Hi!

Yes I did. I've just re-checked it and I still get that problem.

>I live in an apartment and can't drill holes
Just do it, nigger. Who cares. They can't arrest you, and I promise your deposit is already long fucking gone

Hot damn, those baked cel shader textures are genius

Just know that if you use 3M and ever remove it from your wall, it will strip the paint.

If you just use a simple drill and do a hole, it's easy as hell to patch up again.

Wish the eyes matched up properly.

I placed the camera in unity just right aswell and player height in settings

>have tried making her in honey
yikes
>like 5 times
yikes yikes yikes yikes YIKES

Eh, too late.

>mfw

It's like a 120 degree cone, ideally you elevate them so they have constant line of sight

is getting a Vive worth it rn?

It was worth it a year ago.

>people using ugly fucking dbz avatars
for what purpose? I mean I get if you like the show and you're an infant and dbz is the only anime you've seen and are obsessed with it but why the fat purple wrinkly cat?? why not goku or trunks or something??? WHY WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO BE UNATTRACTIVE IN VR??????

I'm so fucking done with that piece of shit model, I'm going to go to sleep

HOW DO I STOP HAIR FROM CLIPPING INTO MY HEAD

I disabled all dynamic bone and it's still doing it. I don't get it.

Hi mayor!

>noone streaming VRchat right now

feelsbadman

Whoever was working on the Miia model last thread, I'm going to try my luck at it. I'll post how it comes out.

Is there anyway to reduce polygon count?

I would really like to use this model.

decimation on parts of the mesh that aren't going to deform (e.g. not on face, joints - hair and accessories are usually great candidates)

MMD right? Did you delete the Rigidbodies?

Do I do that in blender?

Add in a dong bone and dynamic bones to the skirt, add colliders to dong bone, them make custom animation that has your bulge lift your skirt

How do I detele that then senpai

Doesn't look like you have them. Just try to decimate anything unnoticeable. Also if you're not going to be using multiple facial features delete the ones that are hidden inside her head.

The ones with the icon in the picture. They look like the multicolored see through cylinders. CATs "Fix Model" option already gets rid of them though.

Is there any way to make bones jigglebones? I want to turn these hair drills into jigglebones

dynamic bones plugin, was shared in either this thread or the previous

Does inert not work in VRC for anyone else? It works fine in Unity but makes no difference (I tested it several times) once its imported into VRC.

Where did you find that model?

Any suggestions for cool apps or things to look at in vr while stoned? I tried roller coasters and that was pretty cool

>go into avatar testing with a 19,000 poly model and listen to all the fags complain about their shitty systems

Is there a better feeling than this?

>load up my avatar with 80 dynamic bones

Have you tried theBlu? its as dudeweedlmao as it gets desu

is that for unity or for blender?

Anyone have the dl link?

Dude im so fuckin lit, idk what that is but i bought it anyway thank you

Miia user, I was thinking about the tail and thought id throw out a suggestion if making the actual tail is too much bs.

Have you seen the windows box avatar with the error messages trailing behind it?

You could try something like that.

I want a model as high quality as this