/arena/ Arena FPS General - 2018

Galena edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Current QC News: Rapha loses his rank #1 position on the QC ranked duel leaderboards while on holiday

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Olde: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tKVN2mAKRI
eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-03-publisher-blames-pubg-for-lawbreakers-flopping
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

least you fucks can do is keep a thread going so I have somewhere to bitch reee

Only took an hour

And it's not like there are more people in the thread than the times I've gotten 1 dmg rockets in qc

whats the secret of the 1 dmg rocket anyway

Magic

You have to spend 4 hours in a room with this person
>meremsalmon
>nigrah
Who would /arena/ pick and why?

>changed away from "You lose"
they should have gone all the way
>YOU GET NOTHING
>YOU LOOOOSE
>GOOD DAY. SIR.
>GET OUT

nigrah

>whiny little faggot @ 1400 elo
>annoying cunt @ 1900 elo
Not much of a choice

Than how are the overshitters and tf2fugees gonna stick around for more than 2 days

Weapon tier list
>A: RL, LG, RG
>B: NG, SNG, Gauntlet, SG
>C: MG, HMG, SSG
>D: Tribolt

Reminder you will never get as good as MeremSolomon and will stay shit forever.

I want Nyx to do that to my dick.

>tf2fugees
TF2 does go that far to tell you that you lose, though, between the massive "YOU LOSE" splash and the crowd booing and your teammates' auto-responses.

huh

>HUHllo me

scared to sleep, last time I slept I had dreams about Quake.
was freaky stuff

why is this general always on the verge of death? don't people like quake???

make a map from your dreams

le 56% lg faec

I've played 5 games now and it feels weird. I feel like I take damage when people miss. Like rockets don't explode where they impact. Maybe some effect is misleading me. Sometimes I get damage from misses with the starting shotgun. (my sens isn't right so this happens more than it should)
I also feel like I don't hear things behind me well at all. It's weird and hard to explain. It's like sound coming from the back is coming from one of the sides. I don't have any sense of how much health I have either for some reason. I used to be pretty OK with that I thought but now almost every death is unexpected for some reason.
Also I'm not a fan of how all the effects obscure pretty much everything.
Also maybe it's a character problem but strafing with ranger you hit the speed cap immediately. Maybe 0.5s strafe and then you're there. It feels so weird. I thought ranger was the most default Q3/QL character or something.
Also I was kinda hoping to get some semblance of balanced matches in TDM. Naive perhaps. Maybe I should just play duel.

I'm gonna play it more and see if I change but right now it's looking really bad. Is this a common experience?

suicide

I know that feel bro, sometimes when I fire at someone with the HMG and aim at their center from point blank range I miss for no reason at all.
I also have a weird thing with the RG that when I aim on them I miss but when I aim slightly behind them I hit.

>Maybe 0.5s strafe and then you're there. It feels so weird. I thought ranger was the most default Q3/QL character or something.
Visor became the "old style" character. Which is really unfortunate, I dislike both the character itself and his active ability

Brainlets play with ingame garbo music
Retarded teenagers play with some nu-metal shit
Educated adults play with youtube.com/watch?v=-tKVN2mAKRI

>calling qc music garbage
spotted the underage weeb

im not that guy, but qc's music is garbage

>having taste this shit

As expected from /arena/ brainlet

t. underages who need muh hooks to keep their dwindling attention going between adhd meds and red bull intakes

>disliking breeki man
how?

I'm 29 and my taste is infinitely better than yours, you underdeveloped mongoloid scum.

ambient music can be good, but qc didn't do ambient well.

>no argument
>u-ur dumb lmao an im smart!!!
also quit lying about your age

>girls can't play RTS at all
>girls can play MOBA but shit at it
>girls play FPS pretty well and can be better than 99,9% of /arena/

It's like FPS is absolute bottom tier genre for the dumbest and most low skilled people.

Just think about it - Dota 2 players are way more intelligent and skilled than quaketards.

weebs should be executed on national television
just throwing that out there

waste of everybody's time and resources, just gas them, hitler had the right idea

How about you get the fuck out of here back to plebbit?

Why the sexism? You just needed to belittle FPS.
And yeah I agree for the most part. Until QC the genre was dominated by rocketarena by a long shot. Which is by far the most braindead mode for braindead players.
Which is excusable as a silly fuck around mode but many of the players who play it would actually defend it as a competitive mode, which shows they don't understand the elements of the core games.

How many girls were good at QL or Q3?
Watching Acrylicass play, she/he does lot of stupid aggro moves and wins by better rockets.

moot isn't an admin anymore
he has no power here

>MOBA
>Intelligent
pick one user.

That doesn't make anything his said wrong, newfaggot.

right, it just makes it invalid

Dota 2 is way more complex and intelligent game compared to dumb shit like Quake series.

Except it doesn't and you are clearly in a wrong place to hate "weebs", newfag.

Get the fuck out of Veeky Forums and never return. You don't belong here and never will.

Quake requires way more alertness and muscle memory than Defense of the asshole 2: electric boogaloo

/pol/ is already reddit and /co/ is already tumblr
mootism is irrelevant

burial chamber has good music
sarnath has okay music but more importantly it's FUNKY AS HELL at the loading screen
the rest is just okay

yeah hence /a/ and /jp/ exist as separate boards
fucking retard

burial chamber's music is the laziest shit i've ever heard.
however they hired to make the music should be put under a guillotine.

Yeah, Quake only requires muscle memory and no brain to aim properly, that's all you need to do in a shit tier shooter.
Now compare it with Dota that has 100+ heroes with all the different abilities, like 300 items and different synergies you can get from laning phase, in team fights, split push, draft phase with picks and bans that is already making Dota way more intelligent because people are actually using their brain to develop a strategy and counterpick the enemy team, etc.

Now what is Quake - 2 (or more) retards running from megahealth to red armor on every fucking map and shoot at each other.
Dumb
Fucking
Shit.

And people who aren't """pros""" have like 50 IQ max because they never ever think about anything in Quake and just run & gun mindlessly.

Don't even argue with me because I'm 6k mmr @Dota and Elite @Quake and you'll never ever come close to my power level and intelligence.

>newfaggot doesn't even know why /jp/ exists

my sides.
and why would you know that anyway? you're painfully obvious plebbit filth who came here a month ago.

>however they hired
whomever* i really should sleep

whomst'd've*

I might not come close to your power level, but who wants to be a wizard anyway.

Also Dota is not more "intelligent" because it has 100+ champs with "all different abilities" because for that point onward some recycling or mixing is bound to happen.
Also everybody apart form the pros in every MOBA is a 10IQ tard just there to jack it to the female/reptilian/furry Champs.

Now in Quake if you want to be a pro you have to pic mip, so than you can't beat the meat to Ranger .

go go and play your moba

>Now in Quake if you want to be a pro you have to pic mip
simplistic graphics are fucking dope, qc is ugly as shit.

Nyx is a dumb goofy gremlin with stupid hair and only total dorks play her

>everyone who disagrees with me is p-plebbit
the dead giveaway of a true newfag
been here since 2006, when you were still eating shit from your diapers

>been here since 2006
>newfag who doesn't even know that /jp/ and /a/ was a single board
>newfag who doesn't even know the reasons moot split them

always amusing to read some painfully obvious newfags from plebbit who even try to make up lies to fit in

>I feel like I take damage when people miss. Like rockets don't explode where they impact.
Not just feels like, exactly is. Pro players are making page long posts on how no projectiles match up the hitbox and visuals on client side, railgun missing on direct hits and registering when shooting behind people, champion hitboxes are still immensely inconsistent.
Describing this game in one word it would be 'Inconsistent'. Literally perfect description.
Coming from old 1999 quake days up until like QL, including CPMA, the women I met in game were either complete idiots who were just told to camp the flag/xy room etc... or actually invested players who didn't play duel. My friend's female 3v3CA teammate was pretty good in terms of aim. Sadly I don't know what happened to her

Nyx is cute and deserves a proper place under Hunter's ass.

>implying anyone from /arena/ can win acrylicash in duel

lol manlets fuck off

>we have nirah
>can upset xhep in duel
>literally 1900+ sr player and annoying attentionwhoring shitposter

keyword
WAS
you fucking idiot

Wow so he can "upset" a literal who fat bald cuck? Incredible achievement.

>newfag doesn't even know why /jp/ was made

lmao

>no argument
>strawman
stop existing

That fat bald cuck is better at quake than this entire general combined
>its a silver player shitposting episode
Post SR you soyboy.

You don't even know why /jp/ was made you fucking newfag.

You don't
Even
Know
That

Go back to your fucking plebbit shithole, newfag filth.

>defending that pathetic bald cuck
>soyboy

Oh boy, this place reeks of newfags who don't belong on Veeky Forums.

reminder that xhep got absolutely fucking dumpstered in tdm vs some nonames and an /arena/ faggot did better than him

i can use nonarguments too!

leddit

spacing

Get the fuck out of here, newfag.

PASS KEK
A
S
S

C
U
C
K

>tdm
>matters
Go away meme "my tdm w/l is the most precious thing in this world" salmon

>buy qc
>have to grind all the weapon models again
this is bullshit

>this deep obsession with merem solomon

Fuck off newfag.

Just buy them! Platinum is great value, goy!

you literally have NOTHING to say other than 'f-fuck off n-newfag'
eternally btfo, arguments not found, get a trip so i can fucking filter you
the least you could do is put on your pass permanently so i can just ignore your posts
pretending to be more than 1 person is pretty pathetic, btw

>he doesn't know about wordfilters
>he doesn't know how pass works
you just showed everyone how new you are, user.

You're so hypocritical it hurts.
Go back to your hugbox, LMGTrAnNy

ohohoho now he's googled up trannies
lmao
keep digging I'm really enjoying myself

Did you not link your Bethesda account or something?

How did this general even attract so many normalfags and newfags who have clearly nothing to do with Veeky Forums?
Fucking plebbit infestation.

>not having 2 accounts in case bethesda bans you for finding a way to disable weapon models
I don't care about the cosmetics but the centered / smaller weapon models are OP

you tell me salmon, your behavior is reddit incarnate

fuck off meme
at least try to obfuscate yourself better so your falseflagging isn't as obvious

Whats going on here?

a bunch of stupid fuckers samefagging and replying to each other to make it seem like anyone gives a fuck who they are
cute lizer but the ears need to go

>meme stops responding
>nigrah appears
whoever wins we lose

Her Christmas vanity would be so much better without the ears

Have a cute xmas Nyx

>Burden of Knowledge =/= skill

>Listening to in game music

C'mon bruh, I just load some good shit like turmion Katilot or GosT

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-03-publisher-blames-pubg-for-lawbreakers-flopping
HOLY SHIT MY DUDES

>Katilot
are you 12

Is acrylic even that good at duel? Just another amazing parallels we have to the fgc, high ego duelists and traps