/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, argue, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1147 - Past edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5VBjq0oPZM
youtube.com/watch?v=R1ur_AI96d8
youtube.com/watch?v=BIhgHKYOVDg
youtube.com/watch?v=U9mT1oBczzk
youtube.com/watch?v=dWbSg0VOSgg
youtube.com/watch?v=_SBKj5ofGVw
youtube.com/watch?v=oTJtkEVL-7I
youtube.com/watch?v=uYaXGy8VYJE
youtube.com/watch?v=NPUEgYJWSNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cLLKQs7ZSt0
youtube.com/watch?v=EDE5Us3KEqo
youtube.com/watch?v=BeZytFpIQDY
youtube.com/watch?v=zLf15Yt9beI
youtube.com/watch?v=LWtfU0CyK6E
youtube.com/watch?v=CSc0R_K4TVc
youtube.com/watch?v=FvKQLPHWuwU
youtube.com/watch?v=hIOi8y_RsXY
youtube.com/watch?v=OsUfJCoyBxs
youtube.com/watch?v=vNVz6N-bNZs
youtube.com/watch?v=qVSCjnAkk_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4qifv2s882M
youtube.com/watch?v=oAxgIoHIxug
youtube.com/watch?v=DyJcPr0FBQo
youtube.com/watch?v=gK7dszd_j1c
youtube.com/watch?v=tzWG4xBBDwg
youtube.com/watch?v=PjQzgK53QCY
youtube.com/watch?v=7A2lG_KDySo
youtube.com/watch?v=RTEywlcSh3g
youtube.com/watch?v=hCfUAcHodc4
youtube.com/watch?v=NDpZ9Qg761I
save-archie-sonic.deviantart.com/journal/My-stratagy-to-help-the-freedom-fighters-return-723678540#comments
youtu.be/TwLChbcP6VI
youtube.com/watch?v=14Yz2DOwZtw
youtube.com/watch?v=W5tcIpiqW24
youtube.com/watch?v=ndOamFrTOCA
youtube.com/watch?v=pYu3Hhixoa0
youtube.com/watch?v=mnYN6PdfykY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kayla sucks MY DICK!

Only if you're a canon character

and you pay the tax fee

Considering that Adventure 1/2 released before the Advance games, I'm not sure if they can technically resemble them.

So, about the IDW comic. The synopsis suggests It's history is exactly like the games except the timeline diverges after Forces?

Sonic is one lucky hedgehog.

Sorry. He's not a good enough wife for Blaze.

I think it's just some elaborate way of saying the adventure games don't feel like the classic games turned 3d which is true but I never thought that was the intention to begin with. Yeah, it uses elements from the classic series but it was always meant to be derivative, that's why everyone got redesigns.

Sonic, did I ever tell you about Pachacamac and his daughter? He was the leader of our rival tribe, and was as war-hungry as our own Imperator. Unlike the Nocturnus, the Pachacamac tribe was primitive and rather poor at waging war. His own daughter, Tikal, was a pacifist and spent extensive periods of time around Chao. Eventually he attempted to fight a giant water monster and slaughter Chao to obtain some rocks to get the upper hand on us, which resulted in the genocide of his entire tribe. His daughter than went inside the rocks with the water monster.
She was a good friend.

I DON'T CRUMBLE FOR NUFFIN' I GOT THE WORLD ON MY SHOULDERS

NICCI LOOKIN THICCIE

Yeah, sounds about right, with him being less flat than Blaze and having a better cooking skills. Their honeymoon will probably be pretty wild and rough

I fucking hate you all. I would kick all your fucking asses.

I liked Lien-Da, though only due to her time under Ian. Technically Penders made the echidna that would become Finitevus, but that was because Ian is a continuity whore and made it so. That's it though.

It doesn't mention Forces at all, that's just a theory.

He is a perfect little housewife. Definitely. Blaze plans on claiming her property and deflowering him properly.

Hi Shadow

Finitevus was fucking awesome. I do wish he'd return somehow, even if that's more than impossible.

The best chance of him returning in any form is if they take some of his characterization and apply it to Ix, and even then, that's only if Chronicles is allowed to be used.

That's very true. I know a lot of people didn't like the fact that Ian did this, but I thought giving Shard's personality to Gemerl was a pretty fair thing to do since Gemerl was already a blank slate and Shard couldn't be used any more. I wouldn't mind the same thing happening with Finny and Ix.

This proves that Sonic is all style over substance. You can replace any of the characters' personalities and nobody would care or notice.

does Penders know the way?

No, because Gmerl didn't have any personality to begin with and Ix's personality was barely developed since he only appeared in one game.
That's not the case for most of the characters.

T-Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=A5VBjq0oPZM

More like,
youtube.com/watch?v=R1ur_AI96d8

Adventure OST is GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=BIhgHKYOVDg
youtube.com/watch?v=U9mT1oBczzk
youtube.com/watch?v=dWbSg0VOSgg
youtube.com/watch?v=_SBKj5ofGVw
youtube.com/watch?v=oTJtkEVL-7I
youtube.com/watch?v=uYaXGy8VYJE
youtube.com/watch?v=NPUEgYJWSNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cLLKQs7ZSt0
youtube.com/watch?v=EDE5Us3KEqo
youtube.com/watch?v=BeZytFpIQDY
youtube.com/watch?v=zLf15Yt9beI
youtube.com/watch?v=LWtfU0CyK6E
youtube.com/watch?v=CSc0R_K4TVc
youtube.com/watch?v=FvKQLPHWuwU
youtube.com/watch?v=hIOi8y_RsXY
youtube.com/watch?v=OsUfJCoyBxs
youtube.com/watch?v=vNVz6N-bNZs
youtube.com/watch?v=qVSCjnAkk_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=4qifv2s882M
youtube.com/watch?v=oAxgIoHIxug
youtube.com/watch?v=DyJcPr0FBQo
youtube.com/watch?v=gK7dszd_j1c
youtube.com/watch?v=tzWG4xBBDwg
youtube.com/watch?v=PjQzgK53QCY
youtube.com/watch?v=7A2lG_KDySo
youtube.com/watch?v=RTEywlcSh3g
youtube.com/watch?v=hCfUAcHodc4

>DON'T ASK ME WHY
>I DON'T NEED A REASON
>I GOT MY WAY
>MY OWN WAY
youtube.com/watch?v=NDpZ9Qg761I

Ix had a personality, though. He was a power-hungry tribe-leader who was completely arrogant; and a little crazed from being trapped in the Twilight Cage.

I don't like how the guitar sounds in The Air.

>save-archie-sonic.deviantart.com/journal/My-stratagy-to-help-the-freedom-fighters-return-723678540#comments
And the autism continue.*sigh*

Yardley drew Nicole as smug Steve Jobs.

Shadaze~

>that bit by her right foot
WORDSWORDSWORDS

Not as autistic as Sonaze, but still less likely.

You are retarded.

It just irritates me.

underrated boss music

youtu.be/TwLChbcP6VI

That one's quite effective because the bosses themselves take so little time to defeat, and it doesn't become repetitive.

Sonic Adventure is not a fun game.

Sonic Adventure 2 is not a fun game.

FTFY

Describe Kayla's OC.

>Bringing up Kayla again
No.

That particular sound gets on my nerves, and it's the only guitar in Adventure which does so.

Hips.

Do you want a vacation, user?

>thread quality improves by 2000%

user drew Pinka the fairy in the trash OC thread, i'm really impressed!

Both aren't fun, same with Heroes. Honestly the whole era was riddled with experimental garbage that wasn't fun. I'd say 3d Sonic is in a better place now but then I remember the limited controls and linear level design of the boost games. God this series is a wreck, no wonder there's so many classicfags it's the only part of the series with consistency.

Adventure 1 music is bad

What is the worst OC to originate from /sthg/? Both Forces and drawfags.

>Shadow is literally a fake hedgehog in Forces

Take this (You) and choke on it

>Tails actually fighting instead of hiding with the miles electric
not canon

Being Blaze is suffering.
Even Cosmo had bigger breasts.

Consistency is the problem though, it never evolves. Its last game proves this as it's just a retread of everything that has been. At least Modern Sonic actually tries to do something different.

He's always been a fantasy hedgehog.

>Cosmo
Not canon

I've seen cuter.
Kayla's OC doesn't match up well with the rest of the designs, which you can tell when she draws the other character in her style. I don't doubt Kayla can draw on model,
but Sonic and Knuckles being as tall as Kayla's OC looks all odd.

My personal preference is Hilda.
The best OC is obviously mine,
duh.

I mean, it doesn't matter if she's canon or not, Cosmo still had bigger breasts than Blaze.

It's like complaining that Solid Snake can't have a bigger dick than Kamina because they aren't in the same universe, so, I can still make the comparison, ya giant fuckhead.

>My personal preference is Hilda

By far the most fappable OC I came across.

Just have her hang out with Wave, Chest envy eliminated.

Consistently delivering good titles with little change is a lesser evil than half baked experimentation that hardly ever works if at all. The series needs to learn about moderation, it's either too safe or too risky

They make drawing expressions look so easy.
Gotta get that practice in.

Yeah but Wave has midriff, you can get a long way with that.
Blaze hangs around with Cream and Marine just to feel some sort of accomplishment.

>less likely

it doesnt matter how "likely" a crackship is, its either canon and given service by the medium like sonamy or its not like everything else

Forces avatars are getting out of hand.

>Solid Snake
>Kamina
Also not canon.

You obviously don't understand what you're talking about and it shows.

>crackship
>implying Shadaze isn't 100% canon

best girl for best boy~

and you do? Holy shit someone call up Sega because user's got all the answers we need to make a sonic game that appeals to the entire fanbase.

R8 my OC pls.

kayla/10

>Sonic Forces is a good $40 game
>everyone complains because it isn't as good as $60 games and because dank memes told them Sonic sucks
Literally prove me wrong.

Blaze probably has a good stomach though; it's just that she never takes off the coat.

Mania is half that price and is just as long while being more consistent.

need more genitals/10

It wouldn't even be good for half that price.

Regardless of price, it's still a mediocre mess of ideas that could've been good but quickly fizzled out before it got anywhere.

That's not why people rag on Forces. The plot kind of reeks of last minute rearranging/SEGA yanking the chain and the level design is ok at best. Great music though.

>Great music
youtube.com/watch?v=14Yz2DOwZtw
youtube.com/watch?v=W5tcIpiqW24
youtube.com/watch?v=ndOamFrTOCA

>Great music though.
no

>Great music though
Barring some of Classic's music, yeah.

There isn't a single good track in Forces that isn't a remix from a previous game.

The remix of Rhythm and Balance is the best piece in the game, it's not so surprising though because I heard Jun Senoue helped with the Episode Shadow music.

>Implying Fist Bump and Infinite's Boss themes aren't fucking bangers

Nah, I liked several of the newer tracks in Forces. I'll agree that the remixes were the best songs, but that's it.

I fucking love Fist Bump, especially with how it contrasts with Infinite's theme. Also liked some of the uses of leitmotifs in the game.

>he likes fist bump
HOW? The singer is the second worst person I have ever heard vocalize over intruments

>Great music though.
This. Even Classic music is actually good without ear grating instruments.
youtube.com/watch?v=pYu3Hhixoa0
youtube.com/watch?v=mnYN6PdfykY