Colony Sims other than rimworld

What are some good colony-making sims??
Screw that this is a RIMWORLD THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/457140/Oxygen_Not_Included/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dorf Fort is genuinely fun and the addition of Z-levels can offer a refreshing change to Rimworld's formula

This. Only takes a couple of days to get past the ascii and bad ui but it's a brilliant game that I've still barely touched the surface of.

i tried to make a rainforest colony with average temp 170 in winter

i got past day 1 if i microd real hard but then would die to dumb shit like the raider knocking out one of my 15 air coniditioners needed to cool my 4x4 room

t. /dfg/

make your coolers form a circle at the center of your fridge

WCW
C__C
WCW

the underscore is an unroofed area

rimworld needs some vehicles mods

It has a mod with mounts, for what it's worth.

Are you not setting the temperature low enough or has there been some update that fucked up refrigeration?

>want to play colony sim
>controls are counter-intuitive as fuck

why do you people do this?

So what if I have a psychically deaf colonist and just leave the psychic ship alone?

Play Dwarf Fortress, Prison Architect, Factorio.

yeah I know, but I mean buggys or something like this

He could've done a better job with hotkeys, like in gnomoria, where all commands are assigned to number keys as you browse through the command menus. Is there a mod for this?

>couple of days to get past the ascii
You mean the absence of any controls? Every time you need to designate a zone for any task you are forced to move the cursor with a fucking arrow keys and learn shitload of retarded keybinds. Just fuck off until you have a proper isometric gui with tooltips and buttons and full mouse support.

Is Tynan /ourguy/

How do you even make silver on extreme mode? Everything sells for shit all and my only social colonist has brain damage.

That is a mod tho. Either way I'd say he's centrist or a bit right wing.

statues is your friend

Gnomoria

Is it true that combat extended messes up all other weapon mods without a patch? which weapon mods adjusted for combat extended are good?

Goddamnit I need better medicine than fucking Herbal medicine for my hardcore tribal start.

rip that guy.

Don't think you can beat plaguu that early on tribal without super-immune.

Oxygen not included

forever and a half ago it actually was really hard to defy the laws of conservation and every base was doomed to run out of algae and oxygen sooner or later unless you did weird shit like force your guys to vomit to make more water to eloctrolyze or some shit

are you still forced to do weird shit to keep shit self-sustaining now

There's geysers that spew out infinite (hot) water, or other resources like natural gas and chlorine. You can keep electrolyzers running off of a geyser's output easily.

For other water uses where the heat might be too much, you can make a fully closed loop bathroom where any water that your colonists wash their hands with has been through their bodies more than 30 times.

Yes?

2 tile walls everywhere except the cooler and an airlock chamber will fully insulate any room and bring it down to an arbitrary temperature with just a few coolers.

what game is this?

>Randy Intense Drug Cartel of the Tropical Swamp
>Get raided by scythers midway thru the year, when the best gun I have is a sniper rifle
>still manage to take down 2 of the 3 scythers, when the last one goes full chad and manages to get a leg shot on 3 of my colonists and murder my psychopathic axe melee 14 lady in one hit
>Out of desperation I send a guy out to finish building a Ballistae I had tried to set up before the attack
>Scyther manages to get my last fully capable person down before finally turning to Mr. Ballistae and shoot his arm off as he is aiming the newly built machine at him
>Mr. Ballistae isn't having any of that shit, fires anyway and downs the last scyther miraculously
>mfw A one armed gardener single handedly (heh) saved the colony

Are you retarded?

It's right there you double nigger

Towns

just answer the question faggots.

Read.

Just be glad diseases don't spread. Can you imagine that bullshit?

shit balance, no real depth

there's no text in that image
the filename is a date from last month
there's no name of a game in the post
there's no name of a game in the OP linked post
so what do you want me to read, nigger?

>Oxygen not Included
store.steampowered.com/app/457140/Oxygen_Not_Included/
How much more Spoonfeeding do you need.

>so what do you want me to read, nigger?
The fucking post you blind arab

>no real depth
t. z-level depth-let

Been a while since I played Rimworld. Did they integrate elements of the Combat Extended mod into the vanilla game? Is the mod up to day with the current beta?

Last time I checked the game looked quite different.

baited.

>I were merely pretending to be retarded! Jokes on you!

Even more autistic than I thought.

and bodied!

>Did they integrate elements of the Combat Extended mod into the vanilla game?
haha, no
>Is the mod up to day with the current beta?
Yea but you'll have to get it from the github/releases since its still a release candidate

>MERELY PRETENDING
heh

>have a cybernetic futa super solider.
>new person joins the colony
>male masochist with small penis
>he gets a mood boost when the futa rapes him
Rimworld is a good game.

>Mods

name not included

>Not liking fun

RimJobworld might as well be part of the base game.

Tynan probably plays it
I wonder if anyone has raped Tynan's character in-game yet

Dwarf Fort is okay, but I couldn't get past that UI.
Once a fort gets large and you need to start designating lots of zones.
Worst for me was setting up workshops.

The adventure mode is surprisingly good actually.

Ballistae is plural

Banished.

fpbp

I think in the last beta they made simple and advanced firearms different in the research tree, which is something probably inspired in what the CE mod did. That was mostly what I meant, I already know they aren't going to implement ammo or anything the like tho. The loadout system was really smart and I wish they'd have done something like that in the vanilla too. I used to make fighters carry a firearm and also a knife or something for melee. Colonists not being able to carry more than one weapon is really dumb.

The worst issue I have with the game is that I don't like that they've been developing it for so much time but the game still has storage issues. You'd think that after so much time they would have bothered implementing containers for items or something alike, because the stack system is dumb.

>three clothing items take as much space as the materials to build an electricity generator.
This is why I'm not playing it now. You can't simply produce lots of items with a quality modifier without cluttering the base.

I'm hoping he adds z levels to the game just so I can rape him in my sex dungeon.

isn't that the mod that lets you fuck kids? he won't even let it be hosted on his site. seriously doubt he plays it.

Yeah. Took me a couple of days but I got past it.

>implying he doesn't secretly play it

What are good weapons mods designed to go with combat extended

Rambo Weapons Pack

It's a defense game but it's fun.

No.

Now that I think of it I'm legitimately surprised they didn't implement pic related. The KPV machine gun was a badass addition though, I love it and it absolutely obliterates any raid that comes to my base.

I'd like that in the menu for crafting the weapons it gave at least an option to open an information menu to at least know what are you even crafting like when you are going to choose what you grow in the fields. Not everyone really knows every gun's name and it sucks you have to wait until it's done what you're really crafting.

>constantly getting raided by a medieval warband
>cleanup is such a chore, takes a season to recycle all their gear
>start capturing, doctoring, and releasing the survivors
>they are now my best friends at 100 goodwill

Only took like 15 prisoners. I've murdered a couple hundred of theirs.

He also has a bionic penis :^)

yeah i thought it would have modern weapons handy

but what about spacer tech and medieval/tribal tech weapons, i cant seem to find anything filling those niches

>it's fun
Nah not really

>medieval/tribal tech weapons
what about medieval rim ?

Medieval Times is great.

Anyone have experience with 'Giddy-Up' mod? Is it decent? Looking to try a new playthrough with different mods.

i couldnt find that in the werkshop

was surprised a big mod had a compatability patch but there you go

i dunno why the creator of CE wanted to flesh out what he thought was a hole in the vanilla weapons with his own weapon mod but didnt make shit like arbalests and maces for pre-industrial and like laser chainguns or plasma grenade launchers for spacer tech

>married couple divorces while they're sleeping
>wife kicks ex-husband out of bed and he just passes out on the floor because there isn't an available bed for him

Are there any of the genetic rim animals that produce a ton of meat/eggs?

There's a game called Rise to Ruins but it's very abstract and weird in how it plays.

chickens?

>No Y-Axis
so close.

I tried installing Hardcore SK project and now i have no idea how to do anything.

i think it's fun
it's just suffering from stagnation because of how popular it got. devs decided to focus on bugfixing and polishing instead of churning out new shit like they should have been.

Yes.

does anyone know of a nice transport mod for high tech or late game

like OHU's dropship mod but actually updated

I'm talking about genetically modified chicken-things.

Help a girl(male) out

>This is fine.

can I heal a frail torso ?

I have industrialized murder. And continue to expand the operation.

why not go Veeky Forums with this?

Healer Mech Serum. Exists in vanilla game, but difficult to get.

>killboxes
why don't you walk into one instead?

You've industrialized faggotry. How bout that.

Rimworld killboxes aren't even good. You can't even make a fully automated friend or foe sorting killbox that eliminates enemies by dropping them into a deep spike pit and then pushes the loot to the safe room.

Your butthurt fuels my passion for effective slaughter.

I'm too dumb to play this
there are too many things to manage