/2hug/ - Touhou General - #85

MEGA MILK EDITION
Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Touhou, now with 15.5% more video game!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ECj2QVo0Yg
youtube.com/watch?v=afHI8bk9p1Q
lenen.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Taira_no_Fumikado
youtube.com/watch?v=vt8gRfwRvgM
store.steampowered.com/app/776490/__The_Disappearing_of_Gensokyo/
store.steampowered.com/app/772260/NitorInc_Touhou_Microgames/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread now belongs to Shion!

CONSUUUMMMMEEEEEE

Oh my god that's TLC-tier level of character design.

Welcome to Len'en

What the fuck is that thing?

W-what the fuck? Why?

Name's Shion, predates blue Mokou.

Don't make me upload the music.
Here's another beautiful design, which is considered weird even in-universe.

Nevermind man this makes TLC's designs look pretty good in comparison, and that's saying something

>Blue Mokou
NO! Her name is Yorigami Shion, not blue Mokou!

Here's our Marisa equivalence, meet Tsubakura Enraku.

W-who did this? Who tought this was a good idea? It seems like he tried to simulate ZUN's weird body proportion but removed the charming of the designs.

Someone going by JynX.
Here's what you get for asking.
youtube.com/watch?v=2ECj2QVo0Yg

The melody doesn't sound that bad desu, the screechy sound kinda lets it down a bit. And how the fuck is that supposed to be an homunculus? Why the horse? Are those shoulder armor from a samurai armor? Why?

Yeah, he doesn't do bad music, but sometimes it's kinda bland and some other times it's just earrape. I picked one of the best, is what I mean.
Here's the gameplay, three EX Bosses should suffice, right?
DISCLAIMER: The first one is a joke boss. Skip if you want to see the actual original patterns.
youtube.com/watch?v=afHI8bk9p1Q

But yeah, that would be the latest game, has three member teams and an upgrade system, pretty much the outlier of the four, but only because the first three are relatively normal (sword-shaped can-openers notwithstanding).

She's too poor to own this thread. And that's not saying much, it's probably worth less than a dollar

I'll just leave this here, knock yourself out.
lenen.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Taira_no_Fumikado

>Moon Child
She's not the moonchild

Moonchild sounds like a derogatory term for people with autism.

This thread serves no purpose and has overstayed its welcome.
Wither and fade away.

But this thread is worth nothing and everything.

Can I see your 1cc chart Junkoposter? Here's mine.

This thread serves a porpuse and hasn't overstayed it's welcome.
Bloom and keep existing.

This is a very valuable thread.

>inb4 Junkoposter has LNN every single game.

Did anyone still do their sorts for 2hu’s?

Now that you mention it, the song now looks like the adventures of an autistic kid lost in the wild
>Talking to the trees of the cobweb strange
>Sleeping on the steps of a fountain
>Waving silver wands to the night-bird's song
>Waiting for the sun on the mountain

Would be really fucking funny if he was a legit secondary, that's why he never talks about the games or posts anything gameplay related.

Here you go.

>m1 grand prix 12 raw is out
Can't wait for the translation. Though the animation seems a little distracting with all the tiny movements they make.

I'm waiting for the Alphes art on Shion and Joon to update my sort.

>doujin deals with Reimu's death
>seeing characters reacting and events that happen after
Why do they gotta do this? I didn't sign up for this sad shit

I wish my cat was that fat

Now you're supposed to post it and make everyone sad as well.

This is Marisa's chance to be the real main character now that Reimu's out of the picture!

I hate Clownpiece

Who’s in this years edition?

It's "say-jah"

Yeah, just last week. I'll probably going to do it again after I finish all fighting games. Why do you ask?

without reimu around there's no reason to hold the impulse of eviscerating that pest when she parades in like she was someone and starts being annoying

If you were in charge of the next generation of 2hu games and stuff
Would you keep Reimu as the main protagonist?

Not Junko poster but I completely agree with him. This thread is a cancerous cesspool.
Don't feel like updating right now but Lunatic 1ccs for every AoCF story.

Yes, Reimu could never be topped as a protagonist.

I get the feeling you really like Marisa.

But isn't certain other character pronounced "sega"?

youtube.com/watch?v=vt8gRfwRvgM

Where are the Doremy "Doot" images?

Do you mean, "Say-Gah"?

I don't know where the Doremy Doot images are but here's one of Link.

I hear Shinmy saying "seja", but whatever.

Here’s the regular one

Is that how you really feel user?

How does this make you feel?

People slowly wake up and realize.
The truth will always prevail. Your denial of the situation at hand can only taint your view for so long.
Soon even you will see.

Hags go home, nobody wants you

He's just mad because people bullied him so he has a hatred for this general even though he comes back every month.

>Leave for several months.
>Come back when a new game is released to see if I can't, at the very least, get some games.
>W-WHY IS HE BACK ;_;
Right, I get it was stupid of me to look here for games, but I digress.

You're the one calling this general a "cancerous cesspool" despite being out of touch with it for several months.

Then why don't you host instead of being le epic ruse manr?

I did.
Last night.

Funny how little this place changed in that timespan. I think there are some """aspiring players""" who haven't even made any progress on their 1cc charts.

I just recently picked up 2hu, is it me or is PCB a lot harder than the rest?

>the rest
Namely? It's probably just you though, as it's one of the easiest Windows games.

PCB is on the easier side. The main hard part is knowing which fairies and kedamas to shoot or not on stage 4 so your screen isn't completely littered with bullets.

Nobody is pointing a gun at you to be here

PCB can get pretty hard midgame but if you choose a good shottype and properly manage your bombs you will get a 1cc after a few tries

Stage 4 can be tough on a beginner, and the patterns in general can be a little iffy at times. Learn how to abuse border and it'll be way easier.

No, but I'll lurk a little bit and see if there's anything worth salvaging from this steaming pile of shit.

I get a lot farther when I try the later games like IN and UFO. IN in particular I feel like soaring through after struggling with PCB
>you will get a 1cc after a few tries
lol, Im having a blast but I haven't been able to clear the stage 3 boss without having to pop a continue

IN is very easy too, so it might be that. UFO depends on how well you abuse the ufo system.

>Not being able to beat Alice
She's a walk on the park. Are you sure you're focusing? How about deathbombing, you're doing it, do you?

Change deathbombing for just bombing, at all. X is a really important button, use it.

Stage 4 can be tough only because begginers don't know about streaming letting go of z during certain parts helps too.

I usually don't play games this fast paced, so I've been pushing the limits of how far I can get without getting overwhelmed. Also, I've found using bombs appropriately to be hard bc most of the time I don't see the death coming in time, so I don't use any bombs until I'm running low on lives.

Don't worry, that's just natural, as long as you put in some effort, you should get it down in time. I've been deathbombing with scary consistency in SA lately

Hows my folder looking? I'm a bit past the medicine fight, I'm planning on switching out my shotgun1 for shotgun2 once I get enough of them.

I mean, bombing is really important but bombspamming won't lead you nowhere. I think I should rephrase it to "try to deathbomb or bomb as little as possible but remember that bomb > lives".
It was the same for me and even up to this day I still struggle while playing. All I can say is that you shouldn't force yourself to play, try keeping a calm mind before playing and if you feel like you're not doing any progress then give a small break to clear your mind.
>Also, I've found using bombs appropriately to be hard bc most of the time I don't see the death coming in time, so I don't use any bombs until I'm running low on lives.
That's why you should be focused on your character and the near sorrounding danmakus, try to instinctly press x as soon as you hear the death sound which you can time properly with enough practice.

>as soon as you hear the death sound
I'd say a better hint would be "when you see a bullet coming right at you and you're 100% sure there's absolutely no way to dodge it" whether a bomb is a regular bomb or a deathbomb is just a bonus.

>"when you see a bullet coming right at you and you're 100% sure there's absolutely no way to dodge it"
>I've found using bombs appropriately to be hard bc most of the time I don't see the death coming in time

You think 15.5 will come to the switch? Its unironically perfect for the switch.

I like the idea but I doubt it would happen, it'll probably only be ported to the PS4. Speaking of the PS4, do you think they'll add an exclusive character for the PS4 like they did with Reisen?

This reminds me that The Disappearing of Gensokyo is coming out on Steam.

With what is probably a crappy English patch, at that. I call that a good thing.

>store.steampowered.com/app/776490/__The_Disappearing_of_Gensokyo/

Holy shit that looks like one fucking quality game I tell you what. There's also the Nitori WarioWare game on steam right now too. Check out that release date.

store.steampowered.com/app/772260/NitorInc_Touhou_Microgames/

>Character icons are yukkuris
At least it looks like a quality game.

>belongs to Shion
>is a property of Shion
>its ownership is Shion's
>is at least 51% shareheld by Shion
>its rights are held by Shion
>has been acquired by Shion
>underwent Shion's attainment

>anything

>The warioware game is coming out on Steam
I'm honestly surprised.

Yes, but think about the implications of this, if this actually does well, it means more and more studios will make more quality 2hu fangames on a platform as acessible as steam. We might see old circles revive again KD3 pls and existing ones create even more quality games. I'd never run out of fangames to play! The things I do for another 3d hack and slash Ys styled 2hu game man.

Only potential downside is that it would bring a big influx of potentially cancerous secondaries into the community, but we'll deal with that when it happens, IF it happens that is. For all we know it would create more primaries and meaningful discussions.

Me too, for a literal flash game you'd think they'd have a hard time getting in on steam. But the finished product will be free so that's what probably helped.

I still remember that thread on JP when it was annoucned, good times.

This meme was never funny

Is that playable Remi?
I need that game.

At absolute worst, it would create a group of fans who enjoy the series but only play the fangames.

It's not supposed to be

>foreshadowing the grim future of touhou games is supposed to be funny

Guess you need to buy the funny 2hu meme DLC for TH17. ZUNs children want to go to an elite university after all. And Tasofro wants to go to the soapland every night. Somebodys gotta pay.

This is about as accurate as Aya's """""journalism""""".

We speak again at the end of the year buddy.

If you haven't emptied your wallet at the inevitable 2hu mobile gacha game until then.

You better tell me you played the other game with a playable Remi.

Pretty much, and it's not even that bad, quality games are quality games, regardless if they're fan-made or not.

Dude I can't fucking wait to support ZUN with the new Phantasmagoria game to have DLC unlockable characters, would be so fucking hype to buy characters like Mima for the low price of 2 dollars each or something, hell they could throw in a PC-98 characters too like Kotohime for instant profit. Ah this is the type of shitposting I love.

>playable Tenshi
Ok, sold. I don't even care about the genre or other details.

You played Tempest Heaven right user?

>He hasn't seen the steam group for the official games.
God, it's like if someone took the cancer of this thread and injected it into a pen filled with screaming autists.