/vn/ - Best childhood friend Edition

Visual Novel General #childhood friend1786

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

first for plump

Second for Sumika

;_;

She really is perfect.

I LIKE LOLIS!

Best for last

Why are the first few posts of every thread an one-liner+a pic?

is not loli, is book

Threadly dose autists.

Who is our husbando, /vn/?

I always liked his art. Even the old stuff.

Aren't most of posts just one liners with a picture attached sometimes? It's just the imageboard modus operandi, isn't it?

Which reminds me, I can't wait for Machine Child... But it's with JAST so I'm gonna have to.

We're fucked

Shut up autist

Is it me or is it impossible to change Eden of Grisaia shortcut icon? I don't wanna constantly see this ugly mug on my home screen.

Intel CPUs being 5% worse won't fuck with my ability to read VNs.

Why? Intel's CPU security flaw?

>home screen
Please kill yourself

I love it when my favorite girl is used as the game icon.

Xth for Arturia!

Don't ask me.

Fuck off

>5%
Well, it's anywhere from 5 to 40% depending on your CPU and your tasks.

Nice screensaver.

Did someone say big and black canons?

What about kissing?

When's the first H scene in Rakuen?

I got so fucking pissed. I cared about her way more than about any of the route girls. Her short hair, her cheeky attitude, the support she gave me. She looked so cool when she was smoking a ciggie, with her skirt fluttering in the wind, looking up at the starless night. And what did she do, while I tried to save this fucking band, while I try to capture a stadium full of people with my music? She fucked this arrogant piece of shit outside in an alleyway as a fucking "goodbye-gift". And what a goodbye-gift that was. It was so painful reading it, seeing her leaning on that wall in this cold winter night, her panties dropped, in some dirty alley, getting fucked without any protection while she hugged him, moaning, twlling him what a great guy he is, tears streaming down her face from the pain that turns into pleasure and getting creampied. If it didn't happen at the end I would have dropped it then and there. "Oh, but user she didn't have a route! She was not an option in the first place!". Well, does it make any difference in how I feel? No. I loved her more than any of the three route girls. Abd this is what I get.

I AM A LOLICON!

K.

I do not get why writers use comma for stutters over a hyphen.

Pedophile!

Nice copypasta

Will VNs ever be popular amongst westerners?

Hopefully not

They already are

A cross scar is already pretty lame, but on the forehead!? Hah!

>tfw no gf

Sukisuki fucking when?

Ellen Baker a cute!

Once Sekai picks it up from the new license holder.

What VN will cheer you up when you're depressed?

subahibi

Seconding this, looking for a light hearted comedy vn with 0% drama. Something like Makis route from Jun'ai Road. Ais route sadly had drama in it.

Sukisuki

I would sukisuki you, user, if you catch my drift

One shitty meme ''vn'' thats literally only popular because its a meme doesn't mean that visual novels are popular. Also, that is western trash and not a visual novel.

Grisaia

Symphonic Rain.

Grisia used to do the trick for me, but I've been feeling like shit ever since I've finished Eden Afterstory

Playing VNs is not a good way to fight depression desu
If you're depressed you will just get more depressed seeing cute girls & romance in VN knowing you will never experience it yourself.

I'm fucking ending it if sukisuki isn't released in 2018.

Do you guys read one visual novel at a time or several? I always read only one until I finished or dropped it, but lately I'm really hyped up to play another game, to the point where I'm thinking "damn, I wish I was playing that instead" so I might start playing multiple VNs at a time.

How do you guys balance video games and VNs?

>damn, I wish I was playing that instead
Happens to me all the time. I currently have 12 unfinished VNs and haven't read some of them in months

I play several VNs at once, never finish them, then do several routes at once inside that VN, and also don't finish them

2018 just started, it will be a long period of uncertainty for you.

When you have nothing to do with your life, it's not difficult to play both

By being too poor to afford upgrades that can run the latest videogames, preventing me from engaging in any media but youtube, twitch, or visual novels.

Damn. I guess I should really just stick to reading one at a time, I feel like this is exactly what will happen to me when I enter the multiple VN path.

I just play whatever I'm in the mood for. I have tons of video games I've started and haven't finished yet, a ton sitting in the backlog and the same thing applies to VNs as well. Not to mention I still watch anime and read manga and sometimes light novels. Desu I can't keep up with it.

>there are anons who will die before reading sukisuki

>there are anons who will kill themselves before reading sukisuki

>here are anons right now who are contemplating suicide because of sukisuki

I hope I'm one of them

sukisuki i guess

Wake me up when sukisuki is released.

Aren't you guys scared of dying?

I welcome it.

So I finished the common route in Hatsukoi 1/1 and have to say it was quite boring,
Are the girls routes better?
The artstyle also isn't anything to write home about. Runa and Kyou have their eyes so far apart that they almost look like aliens.
Picked this girl since she is the only one tolerable so far.

A little, but I'm more scared of failing to kill myself

It's just as meaningless as living

No, I just want to meet who creates such an ugly person both physically and mentally sides, like me.

How come there are so few VNs with a delinquent protagonist?

Are the guys buying them too milquetoast and get threatened by that or something?

Spoilers: Everyone dies.

I WANT TO RAPE RUNA WITH FELLOW ANONS!
damn, it was so fun to read Hatsukoi with anons last winter and meming about Runa

I've only played Kyou and Runa but eh... Not really, if you hated th common route then probably not gonna change your mind that much.

Edgelord detected

Why does the majority of /vn/ like being called and teased about being a doutei?

Not really. I've lived a pretty comfortable life and would be perfectly satisfied if I died tomorrow.

It's more like I don't have energy to do it. Everyone is afraid of dying when it happens since your survival-instict kicks into overdrive, but when you approach it logically being dead as fuck is the greatest thing there is. You don't feel anything bad ever again.

My only regrets will be that I won't be able to enjoy the anime, manga, VNs, & games that come after me.

I'm scared of not living.

Do Kyou, Maya, and Yukino's route (despite the drama).

Rest are optional. And yea, the story isn't anything special and the MC is insufferable but the girls are cute.

Yukino is best girl btw.

Why does she eat Czech hedgehogs?

This. Even if I know that I won't feel anything anymore, I'm just scared of not living/existing anymore. I envy the people who will get to extend their lifespans in the future like in some sci-fi story.

>Do Yukinos route
Why do you hate him? That is quite possibly the worst route in a visual novel I've ever played. Even ignoring the forced terrible drama, the main characters innaction is insufferable and it goes on forever without actually having anything hapen.

I'm scared of ceasing to exist and not being remembered
The concept of Void terrifies me.

If I was richer, I would pay someone to
>call MG and ask about sukisuki every hour
>make twitter accounts bots to ask MG about sukisuki every hour
>send a death treat to MG email because they don't release sukisuki
And I would do that just for fun.

Because the majority of them are literally Yuuma.

>The artstyle also isn't anything to write home about
A different artist did those I think, so that may be why.
As a whole, the it is boring as fuck. Maya's route was enjoyable for me though, so give it a try since you already chose her. If you don't enjoy her or her route, drop it.
I like girls that tease you, it's fun. MC being a faggot that can't tease back most of the time is not her fault.

Just finished Steins Gate, got the true ending. Absolutely love the shit Rintarou pulled at the end. Also this game was amazingly devoid of plot holes for a game about time travel, the only one I specifically remember is when he used the time machine dozens of times to try and save Mayuri on the alpha time line and then is back in the lab cold and the stitches on his lab coat, other than that it was really solid.

Can't believe Trip is going to translate the appends of this shit instead of Virgin Road.