/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

VICTORY Edition

Previous thread Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/DCrkE
files.catbox.moe/pj61xz.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=ou_774SnhbE
youtube.com/watch?v=bRg33-x1CqY
youtube.com/watch?v=y9Gc6rreQSY
youtube.com/watch?v=H_07hMurnL4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

venom

Nice streak

thanks, suprised I didn't lose it due to this damn post timer

>And don't play on WiFi.
I'll do what I want.
5 fr delays for everyone!

reposting cause i'm bad and haven't been able to figure this out after 10+ hours

i can't stop ppl dashing in on me at all except panic and luck by spamming 2h, or if i hard read them, it's impossible to react to

I can't seem to get the timing for air dashing right.
Can sombody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Most likely doing it too soon. Try and delay it way longer than you think you have to. And I mean very long, almost a second. You want to be barely above minimum air dash height when you do the double tap.

Do it very late. See how she arcs backward after jD? Just after that is the time to input.

Keep in mind online lag, your combo, and character weight affects how early you dash as well. It's a bit annoying.

It really depends on the scenario and the air move being used. 6P works well at people coming down onto Ky, but say if they are air dashing it can whiffs under them since it doesn't really have a hitbox above Ky's shoulder and head. 2H can be the right anti air in other scenarios. Or jump grab.

One thing you can try is just jump back j.S. It is a quick air move with good hitbox. And you can always do a retreating air dash on your way down from j.S if you want more space.

Thanks for the input. I am able to do it correctly once in a while. But could never do it reliably.

The timing seems still very tight to me. It only takes 2 frames in my video from the dash attempt to her landing.

>Keep in mind online lag,
I'm only playing offline
>your combo
I'm practicing
5K->2D->236K->c.S->j.S->j.D

I'll head back to the training room.

Best Wife

>when you still can't get that 2K - c.S(1) - S Carcass reliably after tens of hours of practicing only that
I do, however, think I have some new insight into the timing.

I still can't reliably dash to the right.

I can't do the potemkin shoulder tackle loop

anyone have the imgur collection whit all xrd animations ?

imgur.com/a/DCrkE

Certain Baiken corner-combos are specific to each character or weight class.

Mids: 236K jS jD dash jp jS jD 5H kuchi

Sometimes youll notice you're too high for the jP after the dash if you've timed yourself too early. Things of that nature.

I think this is enough practice for the day. Good night.

For mids this seems to be the best combo that I can perform at the moment.

But yours is good if I don't have any meter.

Anything going on at Mikado tonight?

i just don't see how 6p would ever beat an air to ground attack, does it have i frames or something? should i be trying to do it as late as possible like dps in sf? because if not the range is so small i feel like i will always get beaten by the opponent's air attack.

All 6P moves in the game have some sort of upper body invul or guard point. His 6P is 1-6f upper body invul then 7-13f above the knee. You should be using it as the air move is going to connect with your upper body. You have invul on your upper body for 13 frames and 6P comes out in 9.

whats a good pocket character for a sol/ky player?

no point in having a pocket when you have zero problem matchups

Chipp.

Do what you were doing before, but more and faster.

Ky/Sol respectively

I'm not playing baiken anymore because there are too many baikens here

Playing a character is a good way to learn the matchup, and it can make sets against players who aren't quite on your level more fun

I'm a scumbag but not THAT big of a scumbag

>not being a true waifufag

Play Axl so I can hate you.

This.

Not sure what you're trying to achieve by pocketing someone but if it's just for fun then pick whoever you like, obviously.

The thing is, pocketing characters in GG is pretty pointless for competitive play. Imagine bringing out your secondary in a bad matchup and then realize that your opponent has been facing people who have dedicated way more time and effort into said character, you are out of your league.

I'm not a waifufag. I just happen to like a character that is a girl. Don't call me that again.

waifufag

what do ramlethal's feet taste like

Burgers

no cannibalism here

Probably dirt and sweat.

Waifufag

Posts about Ram's feet make me slightly nostalgic.

>All 6P moves in the game have some sort of upper body invul
hmm

ECPC Room Here: xsm7

Blizzard survivors welcome. Will keep it open until around 10:30 or 11.

Gonna pass for now, too exhausted from shoveling. Get some great matches in for me, guys.

1-6 above the knee. Loses invul the first frame it is active, but most trades I see result in a free 5K into air combo for Faust.

trying to iad on d-pad feels like trash but here I come

do ky and sol have any bad matchups?

IAD on pad is piss easy though. What kind of pad are you using?

Ky struggles against Sin and Johnny if I remember correctly

ps4 been trying to do an iad off of throw -> s.carcass and I just keep getting a regular jump/they tech out during the dash

>ps4
Careful if you're using the d-pad, I got a nasty blister when I started playing with it.

Sol can struggle against characters with good zoning, this used to be worse back in XX but in Xrd he's a bit better in that regard.
Ky has a disadvantage against characters who are specialized on mid range poking since while he's good at poking and pressuring from that distance he's a bit more of a jack of all trades while other characters like Johnny specialize completely on being on that spot.

Save yourself the frustration and get a Hori Fighting Commander if you're sticking to pad. They're really good.

my only problem is getting used to d-pad though so would a hori fighting commander really be worth it? Also if I had cash I would probably just put it towards getting a stick instead.

If you know youll be stuck with pad for awhile then id say its worth the 40 bucks if its just you trying to get use to pad in general then i guess the ds4 is serviceable.

>sol vs jacko

Faust is CUTE!!
files.catbox.moe/pj61xz.mp3

Lobby closed. Thanks to everyone who showed up.

>ky
>disadvantage
lol

>when you're winning the whole night and then lose the last one
fug

Yeah, at mid range characters like Johnny get better rewards than him (unless you have plenty of meter to spend) which doesn't help with his damage output. Nothing crippling but certainly worse than a 5-5 match up.

aw i was just about to join

GGs EC

I cannot always let you win. I'm sorry. I feel like I'm at least making some kind of progress in the Baiken/May matchup, but the grind is pretty arduous.

6P on reaction to S dolphin feels nearly impossible.

>when you never win

>when you win but you spin it in your head to feel like you shouldn't have

I am interested on how this happened.

デジタルフィギュアモード

Fuck that one is way worse.
My friend has played GG for years, and (at the time) I was only into it for several months. I had never beaten him before, so it was just hammering loss after loss into me. On top of that, he wasn't very good at explaining why I was losing.
After hours upon hours of practicing by myself and losing nonstop, I finally beat him in a match and it was exclusively because of danger time. We both got super low and clashed, danger time popped up so I was freaking out and I actually got the confirm before he did. Ended up winning and even though I won, I felt like my victory was robbed.

It's really frustrating playing some characters but I guess it's the nature of GG. With some matchups it seems more likely than not that with me and my opponent we just get straight wins going back and forth over each other. Rhythm and momentum are something I think I have to learn to slow down when I'm on the receiving end.

i dunno when it's safe to press buttons
and typical fighting game convention i guess is to not press buttons and just block, but in this game it seems if you just sit and block you get fucked pretty hard, so i feel like i have to hit him back at some point and i end up just mashing

there's a thing called abare. you can hit buttons during some pressure but you can also eat a fat counterhit. can't really learn but to experiment, you'll never win if you don't hit buttons. some people online are ridiculous with how much they smash but watch some footage and see what buttons people are hitting and when. you gotta use fd and ib to your advantage.

01110111 01101000 01100101 01101110 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100010 01101111 00100000 01101011 01111001

hunk of junk

Ky: Venom, Faust, Chipp

anyone USA wanna play?

Sure. I'm still up.

whoops just saw, throw up a lobby if you're still here

faust is a 5-5. fuck ky players for even matches being a "bad" matchup

gouc

That's fine, just submitting myself to the typical boring 'everyone else is asleep' shit that a night job does to your schedule by suffering myself to Overwatch.

youtube.com/watch?v=ou_774SnhbE

best gg song

this shit was pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=bRg33-x1CqY

also completely forgot this song
youtube.com/watch?v=y9Gc6rreQSY

'
youtube.com/watch?v=H_07hMurnL4
As far as the vocal themes go I tend to prefer the slower "power ballad" types. Also if you didn't get at least a little excited in Xrd Sign's story mode when Storyteller started playing during that Leo/Johnny vs Bedman fight then you might actually be dead and haven't realized it yet.

Rematch-lobbies are great if you aren't the third wheel

I agree. Often I just want to grind as many matches as possible and then rematch lobbies are great.

I didn't think that there wouldn't be any other US players on at 4-7 am on, so just made it rematch.

agreed but you can be democratic about it and make it a ftX swapping out if you beat two people in a row

I like danger time

same

ggs wallet and mishi, slowly getting better with practice

>room host quits after you win 5 times in a row,
I was just about to compliment the guy, too. He wasn't that bad; he looked like he was just getting warmed-up. Is Venom that annoying to play against? Didn't even try to give the guy the movement tutorial. I swear.

can you give me the movement tutorial instead

I was amazed I even had any space to summon anything during the games so probably not.

If that was invite to come play, I think I'll have to take a break. I might host a game in the evening, not sure yet.