www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/MXGH9
youtu.be/jVuZQ69ZaFM
aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php#3
pcgamer.com/poundmaker-cree-nation-leader-criticizes-cree-portrayal-in-civilization-6/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for vox populi is best

What are lies? Dumb robot

Stellaris is ???????

a shitty game

>reposting because last thread died
Question: does this general include Aurora 4X as a topic?
If so, then someone can explain me how the whole speed vs tracking thing works?
Because in one i read that your tracking speed is the lower between your ship speed (or turret) and the fire control, and another says is the highest between your ship speed and your fire control.

Real-life Cree are already bitching about Civ 6, by the way.
archive.is/MXGH9

Cute, cute!

better than ES

Right, I know it's early access and I know I told myself I'd never cave and buy an early access title because they might pull a Patreon Scam and screw me, but this is getting really good reviews and the producers look like they know what they're doing and I REALLY want a decent RTS.

Could someone take a look at Northgard and chime in and help me make a decision?

Doesn't sound like high praise, ES is not good at all.

>"It perpetuates this myth that First Nations had similar values that the colonial culture has, and that is one of conquering other peoples and accessing their land,"

>they want a civ that cannot conquer others
>can only get rekt
>now it's historically accurate

They are the only Canadian civilization in the game, after all.

Damn fucking Natives.

>Cree have an unique victory type
>they win the game if they are killed

youtu.be/jVuZQ69ZaFM

Somebody convince me to start a new playthrough. I just lost a war against the commonwealth as the UN and then had a fallen empire declared war on me immediately thereafter.

>does this general include Aurora 4X as a topic?
yes
pretty sure most of natives didn't conquer anybody because they lacked organisation required to do so

gandhi didn't nuke anyone either

The pooinloos didn't complaint about Gandhi being Atom Hitler in the game.

How the hell did that happen?

>natives didn't conquer anybody because they lacked organisation
Natives conquered and murdered the shit out of each other, they just didn't keep any records of it.

>yes
Can you then answer my question about fire control and stuff?

>reeee stop portraying humans as humans
>right, what values does your tranhumans hold then?
>*silence*

Just fucking once i want these niggers to give the alternative, what they believe should have been done so i can at least BEGIN to understand what their problem is.
Every fucking human being/tribe/settlement/civilization/culture is about gathering resources for continued survival, and its practically impossible to do so wihtout ill effect for others .

>Just fucking once i want these niggers to give the alternative
They want their culure to be a super special mary sue.

I have no idea. I didn't even lose that bad against the commonwealth and her allies, I was able to drag the war out for 20 years and wear them down to only ceding two of my planets, I also had a metric fuckton of battleships queued up that I was going to organize into a new fleet. The fallen empire decided to invade me right after the war against the commonwealth ended and I was at my weakest. I had to vassalize myself to have a chance but still lost most of my starports and planets to the fallen empire. I could have kept going and let the fallen empire rek the commonwealth, but fuck sitting there for 30 more hours to have a minor chance at rebellion after the galaxy is destroyed.

It was certainly an entertaining playthrough though.

that'd require me to have any knowledge of Aurora lol
what I've meant is that they couldn't expand while remaining united, sort of as if, in game terms, they were on one city challenge and every city they conquered or settled wasn't in their control
that or lack of manpower

well of course it's better than endless space 1, that game was bland and soulless

>We hold life to be sacred, but we also know the foundation of life consists in a stream of codes not so different from the successive frames of a watchvid. Why then cannot we cut one code short here, and start another there? Is life so fragile that it can withstand no tampering? Does the sacred brook no improvement?

>Why do you insist that the human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? It is a chemical process and nothing more. For that matter -we- are chemical processes and nothing more. If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself.

>My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task, and the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?

>Chairman Yang confirmed for Biological Ascension.

You've inspired me.

What do you think? The Syncretic Evolution species is another human portrait, called Drones, with the Industrious, Fleeting, and Slow Learners trait.

Ideally, the Hive would go for Biological Ascension and reconfigure the Drones into Genejacks to make even more efficient slaves.

I could have gone either way between Spiritualist and Materialist -- clearly, Yang doesn't believe in a higher power. But it does provide increased cohesion in the empire and provide additional Unity from the Temples. Materialist would give a +5% research speed and the Academic Privilege option for the Talents to really boost their research.

Whichever is a good choice; I'm largely undecided. I went with Spiritualist in the end because this build doesn't make use of Robotics, relying instead on Drones.

>syncretic evolution
I hope you named the other species niggers

Drones.

What game is this?

Starcraft 2

goal of the game is to craft an artificial star

Rollercoaster Tycoon.

dones = niggers

drones were rebellious people who would riot stopping the cities from working, Yang wouldn't have many drones as he had multiple ways of removing them

The goal is to use genetic engineering to turn the Drones into Genejacks, more efficient slaves who can't revolt.

yes but we were looking for ways stellaris is better than endless space 1

what Im telling you is that the worker of the hive were the yellow guys, citizens I think they were called, and the drones just stirred shit up

drones were far more common in democratic contries that couldnt use riot police

Question.

When using Syncretic Evolution, is it better to go (Fanatic) Authoritarian, or just Xenophobe?

You're going to use those guys as slaves regardless, right? Are the bonuses from F. Authoritarian worth it?

meh, looks like a bland rts , you probably just like it because muh vikings

VI might be shit overall, but the music is one of the things that are straight 10/10.

Sincerely, its a very particular game that is close to a Settlers-like village management, I do not think the RTS aspect is that impressive, the forces are very small, the largest group I had in my testing run was 9 before I won an economy victory and the most strategic thinking with those was forming non-retarded formations.

The biggest challenge was maintaining an increasingly larger frontier when soldiers take such a hard toll on your resources, by the time I was about to win I was fucking tired of it.

Just pirate it, see if it's worth your money already or at least if the Early Release gamble is worth it.

I don't even try to buy a Civ game before the last expansion is out since III.

I fucking hate Wiz.

Bump.

if you plan to use slavery at all it's worth it to stack on any slave bonuses available

So use Authoritarian and Xenophobic?

yes

Won't that result in an enormous diplomatic penalty?

What's a good race for beginners to play in Civilization 7?

>caring about what xeno scum think

Obligatory Vaulters answer. Not-Elves and roving jews also work.

i'd argue that wild walkers are a better start, since vaulters will teach you to underestimate winters due to their deep vaults if you learn the game with them

Vaulters are arguably simplest, with teleportation for easy defense, easy winters, and flat bonuses with sacred ressources. Wild walkers are second, except with industry and map knowledge of their forests instead for defense and the same winters as everyone else.

Don't go roving jews, their military is completely different.

All my yes

That's who I'm playing as right now, right? Mezari are just a Vaulter reskin, I think.

I will try the Elves after I lose this game. When should I start trying to get my first settler?

>basically bypass the hellscape that is managing your armies and purging the scum that survived
>this buff the AI exterminators

somewhere between 3 and 7 pops, preferably on odd numbers (so you can keep progress on any borough street constructions)

From reading the dev diary I get the idea Stellaris will become much like Space Empires.

these motherfuckers look like dinosaurs

Is this ES2?

Fanatic Authoritarian or Fanatic Spiritualist?

>nigger elves
double purge

I did it!!!!

You're not a brainlet anymore?

No, I have advanced to brainlet.

cruise control is the achievement for winning a game on sandbox, the lowest difficulty
thus, he has ascended from retarded to brainlet

>Can't bio-engineer my syncretic species so that they're Very Strong unless I go all the way into the Biological Ascension path.

Fuck.

Also, bumping this:

You should really be able to do that shit by default.

Yeah, I agree. I feel like bioengineering should be the "+1" ascension, the one you can tack on to the others. Human beings are nearing our "biological ascension" even now; in another 50 years or so we'll be producing the first of the supermen.

They didnt conquered "land", they conquered people. They killed the males and kept the females and children and assimilated them.

> kept the females and children
>and children
lol, cucks

The myth of the noble savage needs to die out.

They were human, which meant they warred over resources the same as every other tribe of man to ever walk the Earth.

HOW TO ASCEND:

>Biological: choose an Ascension Perk, spend months and months of research to change your species.

>Synthetic: choose an Ascension Perk, spend months and months of research to change your species.

>Psionic: choose an Ascension Perk, enjoy immediate benefits without slowing your research.

tracking speed is either your turret or your ship speed
depending on whether its turrent mounted or ship mounted

fire control speed is something seperate, both are multiplied together for accuracy I believe, something like that
For everything below the max you have 100% hit rate
You'd have to look at the wikipedia

They were vicious Godless savages

It's not an easy game and I love it for that. But at this point, I can design a good fleet doctrine, roll with the punches from Invaders, terraform distant worlds, and dive through anti-missile defenses with fleets of beam ships with the best of 'em.

I've also been a member of /u/AuroraSteve 's forum (aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php#3 ) for a few years now, swapping designs, ideas, tactics and insights. Good folks there.

But when I posted here on Reddit with my profile where someone could look up my gender, things were very different.

Users who I will leave anonymous found it necessary to respond to every one of my public posts with gendered criticism, but also sent me a wave of PMs, stalking me everywhere. I was told I couldn't know statistics because I'm a woman, I was told "girls" shouldn't be playing this game, I was told I was a "SJW," I was told I'd be "raped" if I tried to argue.

All communities have problems, so I reported it to the mods and declined to respond further, letting them handle it.

When mods responded, I was told that the insults and rape threats were "healthy" until I decided to call out my stalker for talking down to women gamers and stalking me...

Maybe the mods here are good people and they just don't get it, (I'm really not trying to throw the mods individually or collectively under the bus) but at any rate, it's not okay and this community needs some work on sexism.

I'm not into drama and I was going to just leave, because the experience made me feel physically sick, but I also bet there are members of this community who don't mind women being involved who should know what it's like here for us.

Deep thanks to /u/AuroraSteve for making my favorite game, but I can't be a part of this community any more.

wtf

Who's the best looking leader? I like the viceroy and Zelevas personally.

>Who's the best looking leader?

All of them look good though.

Honesly, I like ES1 ayy horatio better. Now the head looks weird on his face. I don't like cravers at all though.

>Fanatic Authoritarian: +1 Influence & +10% slave resource production; Social Engineering planetary edict provides +75% governing ethics attraction.

S'worth it. If you go Harmony you'll almost never have dissident factions anyway.

Is this a pasta or something? I'm skeptical if there's enough people interested in Aurora in general to have a "boyz club" clique.

Neither are especially great, but what do you want?

I'm playing an Authoritarian/Spiritualist empire, and I'm not sure which of the two to make Fanatic.

It doesn't make much of a difference then. Spiritualist is good for keeping slaves in line, but there's a million other things that do that anyway.

Pink is exploitation, blue level 1 district, green level 2, and black level 3. So, to completely overthink things:

Lines with n districts have (for n>3) 4 level 1 districts and n-4 level 2 districts, for a total of 2n-4 district levels. For cultists, for n>7 lines have 4 level 1 districts, 4 level 2 districts, and n-8 level 3 districts, for a total of 3n-12 district levels. Lines have n+6 exploitations.
A complete triangle with n districts has 3 level 1 districts and n-3 level 2 districts, for a total of 2n-3 district levels. For cultists and n>=10, 3 level 1 districts, 6 level 2 districts, and n-9 level 3 districts, for a total of 3n-12 district levels. A complete triangle with m districts per side has 3m+3 exploitations. Such a city has sum_(i=1 to m)(i) districts, and I can't figure out a good way to express number of exploitations as a function of n. However, 6 districts has 12 exploitations (same as a line), 10 districts 15 (one less than a line), 15 districts 18 (3 less than a line), 21 districts 21 (6 less than a line) and so on. The difference between triangle and line grows by m-3 when going m->m+1. So bigger triangles become less efficient.

For non-cultists, triangles have one more district level than lines. However, they're a bit awkward to expand on and have less exploitation. I'd suggest not making triangles bigger than 10 districts. For cultists, lines get a second level 3 district a district sooner than triangles, and stay even with completed triangles after that. Lines seem to be strictly better. Getting wonders to level 3 quickly in a triangle depends on what point of adding a new layer the triangle is in. If the triangle is complete and the wonder is the first district of the next layer, It should take 5? more districts to get it to level 3. If it is the third, it only needs 2. If you left a hole for it and it's the fifth (or more), it will instantly get to level 3. For a line, you always need 4 districts more unless you left a hole for it.

At 6 districts the triangle is strictly superior. At 7 districts the triangle doesn't get a level 2 district but increases the amount of exploitations by 2, so it stays a bit better. The 8th district only adds a level 2 and the amount of exploitations stays the same, so it's equivalent with a 8-line. The ninth district is the same, but additionally adds a level 3. It loses one exploitation compared to the line. The tenth district, of course, completes the triangle and adds two level 2s and an exploitation. It has one more district level and one less exploitation compared to the line, which seems a bit better. So the triangle design with

Why are you trying to reinvent a bicycle?

Triangle>Broken Rod>Everything else, this is known. It gets slightly altered for cultists whereby both get replaced with a rod starting with minimal triangle. and ardent (I spend way too much time thinking of the best city structure for those masochist fucks), whose design involves two moons strung together. But otherwise the rule holds IIRC.

>Milton Tootoosis, the Cree Nation headman, says the game “perpetuates this myth that First Nations had similar values that the colonial culture has, and that is one of conquering other peoples and accessing their land. That is totally not in concert with our traditional ways and world view.”

>Poundmaker lived in the late 19th century, and sought to negotiate peaceful terms between the Canadian authorities and the Cree people, who were suffering from starvation due to over-hunting of their main food source, bison. Although eschewing violence, he was sentenced to jail for treason following an attempt to engage authorities in dialogue.

>Tootoosis said he was disappointed that 2K Games had not approached any Cree representatives while developing their take on Poundmaker. “This is not new,” he added. “Hollywood has done a job for many decades of portraying indigenous people in a certain way that has been very harmful.”

CIVFAGS BTFO

>first nations never conquered or took other people's land

W E W there was tribe infighting all the god damn time before THE WHITE MAN showed up

>Civilization is a historically accurate game aware of the sensibilities of all cultures and does not seek to portray any people or civilization better or worse than others.

fuck u wyte devil
*lives on gibs*
*is 75% white*
*tells businesses to go to hell when they try to economically develop injun owned lands*
*gladly uses all the trappings of wyte prosperity and technology*
fucking colonialists

As if Civ 6 gives a wet shit about history.

>pcgamer.com/poundmaker-cree-nation-leader-criticizes-cree-portrayal-in-civilization-6/

As a liberal I am amused by this on several levels.

is civ 4 still the best

Depends what you're after.

Here. Did the digging. Looks like she posted to a bunch of toxic hot or not reddits and Aurora. I wouldn't bat an eyelash if she's got redirected aggro from other subs that she's blaming on Aurora.

Honestly though, i also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there was some sperg reeee-ing over girls in his spreadsheets.