/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Farm life Edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

i wish more than 3 goron spice were sold at a time

I wish TP Link’s Ordon outfit was unlockable. It looked cool

I wish I could be Minish sized and Midna would sit on me

Honestly i dont even want a master sword in the next 3D Zelda, or any main weapon at all. The new weapon types are all so much more fun.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE OUR SPICE, BROTHER

I wanna see some balls out insane dungeons in the next Zelda with creepy and majestic bosses

These were originally our stalker guardians

Is Stallord Volvagia?

Volvagia's thin as fuck

You've had your say Goron but i'll have mine. You're a rascal. With no respect for heroes. No respect for anything but your spices.

I refuse to believe anyone actually envisioned walking around hyrule and seeing monsters form "Fog" out in the open.

Now this is the shit I'd like to see. Disturbing and jarring, but still whimsical enough.

Does anyone else read most Gorons' dialogue in Randy Savage's voice?

I want something on par with the (inb4sonyshill) Bloodborne Moonlight Sword. That shit was soooo cool.

More of a Hulk Hogan voice for me, the difference is subtle but important

They should have used this design as a seperate enemy and called it Ghoma.

I hope they lean in further to the Zelda 1 callbacks on the next game and have a very specific set of monsters that appear in the underworld, with Zelda 1 styled giant monsters as mini bosses like that Ghoma design, and then have their traditional bosses guarding the mcguffins.

I hope they actually refer to dungeons as the underworld too. Complete with "underworld entrances" from the first game.

Brother, can you spare some spice?

I hear Hulk Hogan only when I see these three

You know what I miss? Zelda's horror esque elements. They were only present in OoT/MM and a bit in TP. I wanna see stuff like dead hand and under the well like stuff.

>You know what I miss? Zelda's horror esque elements
Like the Time Zelda went to New Jersey?

No spice

This, a hundred times. The horror moments were few, but when you looked closer, it shows just how much of a scary place Hyrule can be.

I'm surprised there wasn't even some sort of graveyard area in BotW.

But I guess they're much more friendly nowadays. Just look at Master Kohga. After building the Yiga Clan up as these sinister dark people Kohga comes along and he's a Saturday morning cartoon character.

I don't need horror or anything, but I would very much like for some more spooky scary elements.

Shadow Temple and Well in OOT is an example of a more horror themed one that I want, MM's Ikana Canyon isn't really horror but a little unnerving.

The Earth Temple was also kind of an example, though it almost felt a little more generic rather than leaning in on any one theme in particular.

And another good one is that one short bit in SS with the underworld and the Zombie Bokoblins you had to shake off while climbing the rope.

Just what kind of shenanigans were the people of Kakariko's past doing?

>I'm surprised there wasn't even some sort of graveyard area in BotW.

There was a grave yard though, near Kakariko. It just wasn't very grandoise, and seemed to be more eastern than what we're used to.

>But I guess they're much more friendly nowadays. Just look at Master Kohga. After building the Yiga Clan up as these sinister dark people Kohga comes along and he's a Saturday morning cartoon character.

I don't think the Yiga were build up very well at all... they kept talking about their master's belly and using dumb dialogue in their disguises, not to mention that bizarre kremling-like obsession with Bananas. I feel like the Yiga were meant to be a joke from day one.

Kind of a bummer since this is the first Zelda to give us a deeper look at the Sheikah.

Exactly what you think user. Torturing those who would dare defy their glorious Hylian rulers. Pretty brilliant to hire the Sheikah to have the Sheikah dirty their hands so that the Hylians could remain pure in the eyes of the goddess.

>the underworld and the Zombie Bokoblins you had to shake off while climbing the rope.
FUCK that rope and fuck you for reminding me of it

That was easy peasy, you babby.

Did you not make it up in one go or something?

Name one open world action adventure game in the past 2 years that's better than Breath of the Wild. i'd wager you can't even think of one in the past 5 years.

>You will never see Link take his blushing childhood friend in his arms and kiss her in the setting sun as accepts her heartfelt proposal gift and becomes her husband. There, in the warm crystal clear pools of their younger days, making love as the pair of star crossed souls whole races apart come together in a flurry of tender kisses and touches, tanned skin on cream and red scale, and haunting amber eyes meeting blue as they find happiness together in a lonely world.

The only time the Yiga actually seem genuinely sinister is that side mission with that one Yiga blackmailing that guard in Kakariko, especially considering they killed that guy's wife for betraying them in the past.

I think maybe they were trying to give the Yiga more of a Team Rocket or Doronjo Gang vibe, in that they think of themselves as sinister and evil, but really they're just flunky stooges for the protagonist to body once in a while.

Zelda Fighter dream roster:
Younger Link with classic gear, Older Link with newer gear, Zelda, Impa, Fi, Midna, Ganondorf, Ganon, Twinrova, Ghirahim, MAJORA itself, Wolf Link, Tingle, Darunia, Mikau, Groose, Nabooru, Ashei, Moblin, Great Fairy, Demise, Hylia

Breath of the Wild doesn't have horror moments but it does have this sort of unnerving background that you realize when you look at it. It's less subtle when you look at Fort Hateno or Akkala Citadel but it's still there

I did make it up the first time, but it was terrifying.
I've had recurring nightmares about a similar situation

>botw praised for being open world when even Bethesda games feel more alive with a variation of what to do

pretty sad desu

Mipha was way to beta for that ever to happen

That's not really horror though. It's mostly just sad to me.

Why are you actively encouraging dick measuring contests?

>loop horns
>just asking to get stuck on things

Why are you tuning it into some kind of conspiracy when I'm just trying to convey that I think BotW is one of the best in a long while. If there's one which competes I'm actually interested in playing it.

I hear Zero Dawn is actually 10/10, is it true?

sidon is my husband!!

New Vegas is an open world rpg where you can adventure the fuck out of the world. imo, it is a 10/10 but only with mods that fixes the bugs.

it's more creepy.

I have over 500 hours in New Vegas. I'm talking more in the past 2-3 years because I haven't kept up with many games.

I wonder if the new God of War is open world

2 years is a pretty small window user, even in the last 5 years I haven't played too many games to compare...just a lot of JRPGs and WoW

t. Sidon fan club girls

>Bethesda games
>alive
I didn’t like the BotW as much as it’s predecessors, but really desu? Bethesda can’t make their worlds feel alive for shit. Fallout 3/4 and Skyrim were so stiff and barebones, and it doesn’t help that the npcs all share the same ten voices.

That looks like something I'd have to cross a fog gate and pack an estus flask to see

Have you tried the Mount and Blade games? That might be up your alley.

BOTW’s open world isn’t about the going for a bussling world seeped in detail and content. Its more the simple pleasure of “see that mountain?..oh, well you dint have to climb/glide/shield suff it if you dont want to”. And simple resource managment.

I'd be a Sidon fangirl if he actually had a personality

His personality is Prince Kamina.

That's it. He's just a less shouty anime bro with probably better table manners.

I mean from the standpoint that the Yiga killed that guys family in Kakariko.

Reminder that every guardian in Hyrule Castle had to climb inside it over the walls after the pillars came up before flooding out into the kingdom

There were already guardians in the castle, they were studying them there, remember? They even had guardian turret installed on castle grounds.

S-stop... I didn’t want this imagery in my head.

Tonight it will haunt your dreams.

We needed these things in Breath of the Wild, preferably in that dark forest. I really hope we don't have to wait another five/six years for the next title.

I think I like the insidious "we have eyes everywhere" Yiga better than le meme banana split goons

Do you think they were planning on using the tunic of the wild until they decided the hat wasn't cool any longer with HD graphics? The description makes it sound like it was planned to be used.

There was probably a time when the game wasn't even about "the wild", and was just a Link with regular gear. There is concept art with aliens. There are development screenshots with tiny people along with the plethora of remaining giant objects still in the game.

Aside from what said, did you see that cutscene? Those fuckers swarmed around the walls and streets of the town like roaches on rushroom crack. A slaughter was unavoidable.

I think of him as Prince Peasely from Suoerstar Saga.

Taking a good look at the map, it really feels like there should be a beast in Necluda instead if Laynaru. The other three are basically near the corners.

Save something for DLC5.

The game is finished. No more DLC.

So if everything is “Hero of X” then does that include “Hero to the Past” or “Hero of the past”?

You mean the "Hero of Time"?

There could be, but it would be confusing, seeing as how there's a Hero of Time. There's also all this time fuckery going on that no one would understand.

I finally bought the DLC, this is what I'm gonna go through Champion's Ballad in. Will the fucking insane defense on fully-upgraded armor hamper my fun even if I only have 12 hearts? What kinds of self-imposed challenges do you guys do in BOTW?

BotW Link is "Hero of the Wilds".

talking about Alttp Link here

They just called him "Legendary Hero".

is that what they called him in ALBW? I imagine thats kind if a general title though.

You're fine. The defense is going to come in handy for the final segment of the DLC.

ALBW Link was called "Hero of Hyrule".

Well what i meant was if they refereed to the Link from Alttp as “Legendary Hero” in ALBW’s backstory. Given how knowledgeable you seem to be i guess that’s a yes.

Cool beans. The whole game I just wanted a decent face-covering helmet but my only option was the Lynel mask (or the rubber helmet kind of) so that's what I played most of the game in. I'm glad the dlc added such a nice one, now I can just play Zelda Souls like I wanted.

You know i suppose Mario deals with this too to a much kesser extent but how do you guys feel about the domination of 3D Zelda games popularity wise?

Well there's a few new face covering head wear in the DLC that you're going to like a lot, so look forward to that.

Nah, I think it's a pretty even split for the Zelda franchise. I've seen just as many people gush over Link to the Past as Ocarina of Time.

A lot of the public attention that Zelda gets is focused around the rare times that they actually release a new game. You can never get a clean perspective of the health of the franchise, because it stops existing for years at a time.

Anyone got a link to the DLC?

The complaints come from those who want more varied content. If someone gets this game and doesn't lime shrines it'll fall completely flat.

Holy fuck the main part of the ohantom ganon armor is ridiculously good.

Today I will remind them

Only oerson i would have picked over her got second place then, pretty good.

Also: Does Majora’s Mask make all of Kilton’s masks pointless? I mean the thing is basically right outside the great plateu so that seems excessive if true.

The russians hacked this, so it's not official.

>Does Majora’s Mask make all of Kilton’s masks pointless?
Yes and No. Yes because it tricks almost every enemy minus keese, chu chu jellies, octorocks, guardians and minibosses. However, the mask doesn't completely trick Lynels. If you hide behind something, or wait long enough, they will shoot you and see past your disguise. The mask was meant to make Master mode a little easier or more bearable, at least at the start.

Hilda won? Is Hilda popular here or something? I mean, I liked her but she isn't as good as Midna.

I am going to marry Riju!

New one when

Doesn’t the Lynel Mask also get recked as soon as you pull out a weapon or wait too long though? Furthermore Master mode is harder but these masks honestly let you walk right by the weapon wielding monsters like nothing. It gets thwarted by mixed groups but thats not a problem with Majora’s Mask so its quite the get out if jail free card.

I don't particularly mind that though. I don't exactly want to go back to the age where there was a Zelda game every year.

Well they get cautious when you pull out a weapon. If you point the bow at them, then that's when they attack you.

Yeah it's completely overpowered, but it's either that or wait to complete all the beasts so you can buy the masks after you've collected a bunch of stuff in order to convert it to mun.

Maybe.

There was an unused memory in the game files, and the thumbnail for said memory had Link standing in front of Zelda doing some kind of ninja pose wearing what looks like a beta form of the Tunic of the Wild. So it seems like it was meant to be in the game's story somewhere.