World of rims thread

world of rims thread. not in /v/ again

Sorry friendo, we can't talk about video games here, only e-celebs and trans people.

Just downloaded Rimsenal mod and everything with it, shit's super good if you can handle the resources.

>Rimsenal
what is this mod ?

different factions with unique gear, armor and guns. It's pretty neat and has replayability. The late game stuff is fun

fuck off to Veeky Forums already and take the fire emblem mobageshit with you.

is it compatible with combat extended ?

>Not a new IP
Stop falseflagging with these threads because you suck at the game

I dont know, did combat extended get a 0.18 release? I haven't checked on it since 0.17

this is literally a general image

fuck off back to Veeky Forums with this shit

jup, but it's a beta release

hello?

Nope, Rimsenal and CE are not compatible. I wonder which one would be worth using over the other.

>cant talk about video games on my e-celeb board

What mod has the d20 chapel thingy?

CE is industrial and earlier while Rimsenal is mostly spacer stuff

it looks like the cults mod, though i dont think there is a repo with all the info about that mod. even the forum post does not display everything on it.

>tfw my post

>install tribal essentials because vanilla is barebones and I would like more options about things to do
>instead the mod literally removes my option to cook, research, and add shitty looking tribal floor that no one asked for, and shitty looking baskets that no one asked for.
Fuck mods and fuck cheaters.

I think the mod creators discord has more info but not sure

Why not check what the mod does before installing it?

>he actually reads

I had the mod already in my folders for some reason, just never used it.

I have no idea what the new wooden structure block does but I ain't wasting my resources trying it. So fuck the mod for not explaining what those logs pasted together do.

>2018
>being literate

>Dog called God
>Raider called Dog
Fucking raider has a low recruit chance though

>look at mods
>see a imperial guard mod
>decide to download it
>the most basic research required high tech and analyzer and all tech is over 4k points
>crafting tables are absurdly expensive
>mineable ores have between 10 to 30k health
>single tile doesnt gove past 30 units of material, single tile of flooring is 6 material
>riddled with misspellings
I just wanted flak armor and minor flashlights with some barbed wire and what not, what I got instead was a poorly balanced beyond ship research tier grind for stupidly expensive stuff just to make imperial armor.

Even with a fucking 20 research guy, this shit is absurd.

Do you only read the mod title and hope for the best?

>trying mods
Your first mistake.

Literally every mod /v/ has recommended me is broken garbage

look at the images and hope for the best

Cult and bridges mod alongside bigger recipe ammount are great mods user, its just that the wh40k one really aint that great.

>tfw ___ mod will never be compatible with CE

Was CE updated yet? What it does anyway?

>all that shit added to the OP
>not pic related.

>Cult and bridges mod alongside bigger recipe ammount
literally all shit

cult is meme trash
bridges are trash no one asked for, and the game doesn't even need
bigger recipe amount is literally cheating

reminder that Veeky Forums exists and you should post your generals there instead of flooding /v/ with your trash

Waith, what is that "failed to rescue colonist" stuff?

>fire emblem mobageshit with you.
there is a fire emblem general about that mobageshit called /alter/

>Rimworld general #38
W-w-w-w-were not a general i swear!

so you can give birth while asleep hmmmm

What would you rather the thread be about?

>hating on ritualistic worship with actual spells, effects and interesting colony choices
Summoning monsters to defend your colony by sacrificing a few raiders is good fun, and its a good way to ocupy your colonists besides hoopstone or just work. Its fun to make a colony of autistic lovecraftiam horror worshipers all wearing robes and shit user, the only issue is some balance regarding monsters as those chucklefucks tend to be strong.
>bigger recipe ammount id literaly cheating
Seriously tynan, I know you have a hate boner but if you made food producing not aids so we wouldnt need to make basic shit like hauling 500 ingredients just to make the daily meals, we wouldnt be modding for it. Its aids to have cooks waste time mostly hauling food rather than actually cooking, bypassing the shittyness of ineficient travel by just hauling bulk is hardly cheating, same way as improved pathfinding is fixing a bad part of it, bulk recipes are the same.

>actual spells,
wait, if i get the cthulu shit i can have wizard colonists?

>with actual spells
Thanks for proving how that mod is meme trash and unrealistic garbage.

>muh efficiency!
Cheater. The game is meant to be inefficient. Why do you think pawns don't carry two weapons on them?

>mfw cargo pod crashes right next to the walls of an ancient danger

Sacrifices with actual people, when you worshiped enough, unlock "spells" that are triggered if you execute the spells right.

I think cthulu gets you outright mind powers and you can explode heads ranged by it, havent explored it much.

Hastur had a thing where everyone will go to sleep for like 3 days but be perma happy and sedated for a year, even of they hate life theyve seen the glory of his city and go work like madmen. Also allows you to get a eldritch monster to serve you and it works as a fuelless drop pod muffalo to boot.

You can get Shub Nigurath to summom you several black goats for you to hunt or tame if low on food, summon fertility totems for crops, summon monsters to defend you or outright extinguish the sun, winning you the game.

Other dieties I havent explored yet.

Tynan, please, the game isnt realistic to begin with in any way, shape or form. We have bioengineered spiders roaming around in caves, drop pods filled with mech units that hate organic life for some reason, tornadoes spawning inside mountains, being able to misplace someones head while doing a peg leg implant surgery, people breaking their morale over just not eating with a table thats right fucking next door, energy shields made from just a bit of uranium, people actually raiding a barebones shack with a wooden shiv, people being able to work 24/7, bwing ablw to research electricity in less than a month when you cant even carve rocks, nothing is realistic.

>meant to be inneficient
To a point. Only to a point and carrying only a weapon is beyond retarded to begin with, same with the level of wankery related to path finding and cook hauling shit.

bump for mods.

What are some essential mods for an optimal storytelling experience?

rimjobworld

Orassans for xeno killing.

Depends on what story you want to tell. Want to purge xenos? Get all the race mods. Want to fuck all the xenos? Get RJW and monster girls.

>Literally complaining about every mechanic the game was designed for
You are the cancer, go play with your furaffinity mod

>say that cooking is severely gimped by constant and needless hauling
>say its retarded someome cant pack a shiv and a pistol
>somehow means I hate every single mechanic
You are a special kind of dumb user.

fuck those federation faggots though

>>say its retarded someome cant pack a shiv and a pistol
>equip colonist with an assault rifle
>raider gets to melee
>starts bumping into him with weak melee he's not trained on instead of spraying the fucker unless you tell him not to
Holy shit I'm so mad

>caravan visit
>they go through an infested cave
>the cave is cleaned up of insects but the caravan ran away after losing a few people
>they dropped 50+ smokeleaf joints
>except for the occasional naked retard freezing their balls to puff a smoke, no incident whatsoever
>4 weeks later
>colonist got severely fucked in the face while facing a tribal with a spear (brain got thankfully spared)
>set operation for fixing up most of his face with better stuff
>doctor fuck up the operation really badly, colonist is bleeding extremely
>doctor is high on smokeleaf
>check my back up doctor, also high on smokeleaf
Fucking how

man how are you supposed to survive as tribal start

>DISEASE
>DISEASE
>DISEASE
>PLAGUE
>INFECTION

>Muh realism > gameplay
Cheaters

Rimsenal factions are balanced like shit, compared to normal raiders, Rimsenal factions send twice as much and are often better equipped (except the Federation really early on).

Do you often pretend to be retarded, user?

>not setting every colonist to "no drugs"
>not stashing drugs in a storage animals can't reach and flagging them as "no interaction"
>not kicking out chem fascinated colonists as soon as they show up
And here I am sitting on my 700+ stack of yayo I'm starting to use as currency instead of silver

>yayo
>not flake
it's like you hate making money.

What's the best way to make a fridge? I know double walls are the best, but how should you make the doors/coolers?

I already have too much money as it is, and also yayo can be used to craft adrenaline rib implants in the advanced prosthetics mod, so it's good to have it at hand

>first tribal start in tundra
>finally squeeze out of my first winter after culling some of my pets for food
>volcanic winter in spring
How long does this shit usually last?

So what were the chances that a pyromaniac I had previously banished from my colony turns up in a crashed pod a year later.

Between "come on, end already" and "I have become one with the winter"

Time for human skin pants.

I wanto make a tribe of cannibals. Do I need the sociapth trait aswell as cannibalism or does cannibalism cover the neg mood penalty?

Pretty sure Cannibal doesn't prevent abusing prisoners, but everything to do with killing and eating humans is okay.

Cheers bud. Looks like I will need to get both. I wonder if the amount of meat you get is lower the more organs you remove.

>crashland on archipelago with large hills
>typical three survivors mode with randy
>one is a shelterkid teen named Josh, one a vatgrown, beautiful sex slave, and the last a young naval officer who enlisted to find a band of entertainers that raised her
>colony starts slow, not a lot of evenly balanced skills
>fourth guy shows up running from tribe
>it's the sex slave's brother
>save him out of obligation
>cool radbro who's a good hunter and miner, but he has dreads and pyromania
>nevertheless serves the colony well and is a cool dudebro to Josh
>some time passes peacefully
>sex slave and Josh get close whilst naval officer starts to go insane from cultist studies (and mayhaps some jealousy?)
>Josh eventually makes a pass at the sex slave, but she declines
>crawlinginmyskin.mp4
>some more time passes
>Josh's 17th birthday arrives
>same day, raiders take us by surprise, down our pyrobro and light the base on fire
>they rape the sex slave twice next to her barely conscious brother
>they're both kidnapped
>just Josh and the officer running the colony now
>time passes, base rebuilt, slowly the two form a bond
>it looks like they're soon going to be lovers when she gets a nasty infection in her liver and is rendered motionless for days
>couldn't grow healroot due to repeated cold snaps and volcanic winters
>she dies
>but not before a cultist joins the colony
>soon another one joins before our late officer is even buried
>some more time passes
>cult is growing out of control, with every new colonist joining out of cult interest
>Josh gets sick of this shit and boldly tries to oppose the cult
>outnumbered, they imprison him
>is sacrificed and devoured by them

I stopped playing there. I felt too bad for poor Josh.

By the way bloodlust removes the penalty for executing prisoners, but other abuse (such as starving or organ harvesting) still causes a mood penalty.

wew lad

Inb4 thread dies again because these threads just don't survive on Veeky Forums.

Can't talk about vidya on /v/ I guess.

Take complaints to /feedback/ or their IRC. It usually gets them to stop their stupid shit.

the absolute madman.

>they banned my pc, my phone AND my android emulator on proxy
TOP KEK

post screen

no paint on mac :(

>mac
you deserved it

I am an iOS dev, that's not my choice

Why is this happening to me

*toxic fallout*

>two breads
Fuck yeah!
Also
>tfw super soldier

What are the chances of pirate merchants having slaves to buy? I need more colonists but RNG hasn't given me any opportunities the normal way in a while.

it depends on how many colonists you have. once you hit a certain threshold you wont get colonists sent your way like that any more.

Do you happen to know what number that would be? What's the max that you can have in your colony? If you go under that number will they still be hard to get, or slightly easier until you hit the limit?

Mods Are Cheating user is our mentally retarded cousin. Everyone please be nice to him despite his autistic screeching, and food flinging.
>vanilla combat
>ever

I think 13 is when the game stops trying to give you more colonists completely, if you hit 36 colonists through capturing raiders and such the game will actively start trying to kill off people. with randy it's 50 instead of 36.

>offer safety to a refugee running from the most hated faction on the map
>nine (9) raiders follow her
>permadeath mode on
How fucked am I

Incredibly.

Killed 4, captured 3, 2 ran. Only lost two animals and no colonists went down. Better than I was hoping for.

Dwarf Fortress is better than this piece of shit. Go to /dfg/, and see how real men play vidya, brainlets.

>>>/dfg/

My pocket gas chamber turned out to be a huge success, minus for the fact that everyone is upset because ''Innocent prisoner died''

The fact that these guys disfigured one of my girls truly upsets me

Guess what just got updated?

Why not use the incinerator's mod?

I downloaded both. I'm gonna use it on my next playthrough... seeing as how I have Runtime GC, and a badass colony, it may be a while. Should I just add it to my current game?

every time i think about starting a new game i think about all the mods that could be updated while im playing so i keep putting it off