/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Bomber Edition

Previous Thread:>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Gift_aircraft
youtube.com/watch?v=J7IpEFE6hVg&t=191s
youtube.com/watch?v=YhXgPyffnbQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_We_Fight
youtube.com/watch?v=mtA17LXIh7k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for 4.0 TU-2 deniers BTFO

2nd for genocide of all races when?

>this cunt is still showing off his media editing skills

someone mind explaining this fued to me?

Did someone actually photoshop a TU-2 at 4.0 or is it really at their BR?

it's real, the people that are denying it are either pretending to be retarded or it's just this guy samefagging to try and garner more attention

There is an autist photoshopping a premium a Tu-2 at rank 3, 4.0. Just ignore him, he has serious brain damage

I'm not sure who to believe? Which one of you has more (((((money))))?

wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Gift_aircraft

Global CBT players received a Tu-2 as a special gift that has a 4.0 BR at rank 3. It has one less propeller blade and weaker engines than the other Tu-2 models.

It's gained a life of it's own after someone showed a picture of it with his positive KTD ratio and it's become a denial meme in the threads. I finally made a crusty webm to show it's real and get accused of being able to hack the matrix.

Look at this. Surprise, it's fucking nothing. Now just wait for that guy to post his photoshops

But isn't it because you just haven't received the aircraft?

Says the retard that also photoshopped an M24 in the american's premium section

So Kv-1B isn't real then?

It does not have a talisman. It's just a special aircraft like the A-26C-45

No that's fake too. Don't trust anyone if you haven't seen the tank for yourself. IN YOUR GARAGE

Anyone want to explain the game design decisions behind the German tech tree?
Multiple variants of essentially the same tank which cost as much to research and buy as brand new designs?

Solely to increase the grind. Nothing else. No actual reasoning behind the decision.

I figured as much.
I mean the Brits might be stuck with the same gun for like 10 tanks but at least the hulls and such change.

The fake and the Tu-2S both have 3 bladed props, so the fake is likely based on that. Also, there was not just a positive K/D, as that would have been plausible. It was a 2.5 K/D, K/D that is usually associated with patrician tier fighters. These facts alone should be enough to tell you that the guy is just a massive troll

>BR 1.3
>Maginot

STOP

>This
Why the fuck is that even a thing? Do they even play their own game? It takes like 5 minutes to get to the battle field in a Valentine and you just end up dying by a sniper or flanker

I got a 1.5 in it and that's just throwing it around not giving a damn. It mostly comes from people being too daft to realize it has dual 20mm cannons.

Anyone else fought a jumbo in a jumbo yet?

Actual thread without screeching retards

What about the P-47M makes it 5.3 when the P-47N is 4.7. Obviously the M has dive-brakes but what else is different?

M just has better performance overall, its an interceptor version.

Can we stop arguing over threads and just stick to the one with the most posts (this one)?

LOL

Be gone with your reddit/forum screeching circle jerk

>OP is literally a screeching r*dditer screeching about being bullied by forum admins

Whoever told me to grind Frogs in Arcade, fucking kys. This is worse than RB.

the 47M climbs a lot better but to be fair the 47N is a 5.3 worthy plane itself

P-47N has clipped wings which allows the roll rate to be better.

The P-47M was meant to catch Me 262's I believe. Can anyone confirm my autist thought?

Nigger stop posting outdated shit, that wiki is as old and dusty as your grandma's vagina

youtube.com/watch?v=J7IpEFE6hVg&t=191s

Have a youtube video of a guy flying it around after they gave it out lol.

Keep on denying it i'm enjoying this.

Once again educate your kike selves

youtube.com/watch?v=YhXgPyffnbQ

When this thread had 20 posts, there were 7 posters
There's 32 posts now with only 8 different posters. You're just samefagging and pretend there's more people in this thread

>being this asshurt nobody wants to participate in your shit thread

specifically what?

>4 posts per person on average
Such an oddity!

WAHHHHH WAHHHH WAHHHH WHY WON'T LISTEN TO ME CRY ABOUT RUSKI FORUMS WAHHHHHH

not even worth a (YOU)

I'm busy watching space ghost coast to coast while I try to b17.

Its more of a coincidence that the P-47M arrived when the V-1 and Me.262 came on the scene. It was already being developed basically from the beginning of the war.

History? A pivitoal moment in the Second World War? A operation that firmly secured an area of western Europe for the allies.

>youtube
It's like admitting you are mentally disabled. And to be honest you are, when you can't tell a photoshop from the real deal and you refuse to change your shitty opinion despite multiple people telling you that you are wrong.

Pic related is that guy's autism. Everyone take a good look at it and wait for this retard to screech even harder.

So the ability to catch Me 262s was just a happy discovery?

>youtube
It's like admitting you are mentally disabled. And to be honest you are, when you can't tell a photoshop from the real deal and you refuse to change your shitty opinion despite multiple people telling you that you are wrong.

Pic related is that guy's autism. Everyone take a good look at it and wait for this retard to screech even harder.

>someone made a new thread first
>some loser spills his spaghetti, makes his own thread despite being 10 minutes late
>force it across 3 threads
Sure, whatever makes you sleep well at night. Not like wtg is a legit discussion place to begin with

Can someone please explain to me why exactly the Yak-23 is deserving of such a low BR?
It's fucking ridiculously fast and can catch anything at that BR range.

oh I thought you were talking about the german escape

Come on lad. At least take defeat with a pip in your step

Now fuck off back to r****t LOL

#
You might want to try re-reading what I said. I'm talking about the half inch think internal hull, which was made of armor quality steel and which Gaijin ignores the existence off because they think it's mild structural steel. I am not talking about the 1-1.5" applique plate put on the Vw and the later VIIs.

*163s on your shitty meme plane*
Nothing personal, kiddo

seriously, you sound like those retards complaining about the G.91. Just stop while you're ahead

The only autism is you still screeching after another owner (me) made a webm and you still false flag this hard.

References across multiple forums and platforms. my own pics, my webm. Which aren't the person who's pic you posted.

Please do continue.

>Panzer IV E in the same game as the FCM 36

just kill me

Basically. The P-47M was a continuation of the XP-47J project which was started well before the Me.262 was used operationally

No, the whole video is from the perspective of the allies during their march through France.

You MUST be kidding me. The G-91 is also insanely good for it's BR rating. Please off yourself if you don't think that's overpowered as well.

Just like all those who think G-55S's are.

You must be a full blown retard to think that the scores are authentic, let alone the rank and BR

I personally prefer the why we fight movies my personal favorite is "The Battle of Russia"

This is the real thread, sorry for the mistake!

it's in arcade you retard, literally anything can get a 5:1 KD in arcade if you just spawncamp

THIS desperate to peddle his (((forum))) pissing fight

LOL your thread is DED and will remain DED

>forum nigger makes a thread because he doesn't want the subhuman levels of the slavs running the forums revealed
he probably does it for free holy shit!

Are you talking about a Periscope Film Series or the actual battle?

Those stats were for arcade? Then for fucks sake this who argument is pointless. I included the TU-2 in my list because of the 20mm Defensive gunner armed variant that was shitting on allies in Korea 24/7

>Giving my thread posts even though you're a screeching forum nigger

lol I've won already

>arcade
>literally anything can get a 5:1 KD
>5:1 KD
>with a bomber
>in the gamemode where bombers are being shat on constantly and wihout exception

Not only did you pull the first one out of your ass, but I hope that you do not believe what you just said, because you just made yourself out to be a complete brainlet

The M24 TL was given out for Thunder League. I know this because I saw in game and was confused, looked it up. Also someone mentioned it in a youtube video

Jesus CHRIST

wat happened lad.

How's the Tu-2 differ from the Tu-2S?

A lot of the tanks used the same hulls really.

Derivatives of the Cromwell, Comet and Centurion hull

>Be in arcade

>Climb to 5-6k

>Someone stalls climbing for an easy bomber kill

>Delete them

Omg photoshop, lies, it can't be, i'm gonna shill as hard as I can

Literally just a Chaffee with an upgraded 600 HP engine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_We_Fight

Yeah and has all the *dank unique* OrangeAutist approved skins

>oh, look, I can shoot down shit with my turrets
lmao
How about you show us the stats of the guy with 2.5 K/D if you claim they are real?

A single .50 cal bullet went through my mantlet and killed my commander, which means the tank died because lel two crew.

Fucking H. 39 can't even stop HMG's.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_We_Fight

>implying I don't know our country has been built on lies and kikery for the last 70 years

lol no I do tho

Depends on when he got them. With the old FM you could murder 109's reliably. Like I said, I throw the thing around and either head on people who come after me or kill people stupid enough to stall climbing up to me.

If you played it patient and smart you could probably come out with a 5:1 KDR

>ruski shill claims a bomber can get 5 KDR
+100GE!

When did we even allow such subhumans on our threads?

>lawndart like an autistic retard
>exit out of the match ASAP so no one can make fun of you

>T-35 fighting BR 1.3 French

STOP

Planes
La-5
The flight model of this plane was so horribly modelled, it became a literal UFO. Probably one of the earliest examples of Gaijin's incompetence.

Spifire IX (US premium)
This premium spitfire was the first to be given 150 octane fuel, resulting in insane climb rates. Was the ultimate and final form of the "spacefire" meme.

Tu-2S-59
The effectiveness of this dive bomber at killing ground and air targets alike, saw its heavy use by Russian teams. Almost every game for the allies was on Korea, where their light tanks would be quickly blitzed.
A Defensive 20mm ensured the cyborg AI gunners could quickly deal with any threat within 800m

Me-163
A horrendously low battle rating saw this facing off against early jets such as the Meteor Mk.3, Yak-15s or P-80s. This advantage meant it was used extensively by German pilots, and thus made up the entirety of their team most of the time.
Almost impossible to counter an early game swarm of these in relatively slow or poorly accelerating early tier jets

R2Y2 (all variants)
Still the choice of the highly skilled Japanese community, an airspawn and twin 30mm cannons make this Jet no raughing matter.

B-17 (all variants)
While this bomber still boasts potent defensive armament, it's glory days way back when gave it a hilariously robust damage model. Many pilots were also incapable of learning how to deal with these bombers, therefore your team
would quickly be reduced to nothing. A lack of a bomber limit by the MM, and prior to the introduction of bases, a team could be entirely comprised of bombers making your airfields destruction almost certain.

B-29
Almost perfect defensive arcs with a decent rate of climb, maximum altitude and top speed, this beast was so over used it was given a 60,000 lion repair cost by Gaijin. It is now mostly relegated to sitting in hangars gathering dust.

-84 (both variants)
Given an airspawn because shitters don't know how to use the brakes on their landing gear and letting their engine warm up. Gaijin are also incompetent and refuse to give runways enough length to prevent shitters from crashing on take off.

G.91
Pure BR fuckery. Nothing wrong with the plane itself as far as I can tell.

P-47D (Standard US and RU+GER+US Premium variants)
Pure BR fuckery and Gaijin's constant discounting of this plane mean that German teams are now made up of mostly Allied aircraft. GG Gaijin.

Yak 9T
Can bully tanks at all BRs. Also Light pillboxes and Medium tanks.

Yak 3P
Literal UFO performance(historical?) at low altitudes. BR was too low at one point, meaning swarms of these would usually overwhelm shitter allied pilots who refused to climb.

Yak VK (Russian premium)
A nasty surprise to even experienced allied pilots, this Yak had increased high altitude engine performance, reducing the advantage of the multi-stage supercharged allied aircraft.

109 G-2
So incredibly balanced it could effectively deal with most planes +1.0 higher than it. Not exactly overpowered, just very fun to fly.

Sea Meteor
Clubbed hard at a BR of 7.0. B-17 spam also compounded the problems faced by American pilots. Spammed during the early days of the HEF-SAPI rounds being literal railgun mini-nukes.

PFTTFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Feel free to shitpost about how I'm wrong and how I should make changes.

I've just remembered about the Death Star G8N so will add that to the list, also some other planes were suggested that I'm trying to nail down

P-51D-30 is pretty strong for its BR as well.

It's true it has been very strong for the past two years. I managed to get a 5:1 KDR in it BEFORE its performance boost and BR reduction. It used to be perfectly fine at 5.0 and I assumed it would even be boosted to 5.3. Gaijin in typical fashion went the other way however. .50cals also got buffed to extreme levels which nobody with any sort of skill even asked for, but this is a general issue with american planes. Maybe I could also add some of the memiest armaments throughout the years in another list.

I'll add it to the list

I wont say its OP outright, more like the G2 in that its very strong and uptiers well though.

You forgot
>A6M5 ko
High quality flight model
>P-51A
Four deletspanos on a good fighter, all at 4.0
>La-9
What is a 50mm high explosive shell?

Mustang Mk1A was tonnes of fun. It used to be underused and had no regular tree counterpart, meaning lower BR players didn't expect the high dive performance and Hispano armament. The nuclear-tier Allison was enough of a drawback to keep it from being too overpowered. Hispanos now seem to be nerfed or brought into line with whatever secret documents Gaijin possess.

I'd put this on a list of the funnest vehicles to fly, maybe move the G-2 there as well.

>r2y2
>twin cannon
so you havent even flown one, noob

Post historical footage.

youtube.com/watch?v=mtA17LXIh7k

>stealthily fixing APDS slope modifiers so they can tell the community they were wrong after the devs "get back from holidays"

No, m8, you are wrong. Hispanos are still deleting stuff in a pinch, it's just that the spitniggers are shit and can't shoot well with them

Yes, but they are not as powerful as they used to be. I think it was a HEF nerf across the board, Japanese HEF feels lacklustre now as well.

when

>spend 10 minutes in queue for Frogs
>get a match
>T-35 just rapes the entire team

umm, no sweetie, hispanos are trash