What is the point of Islam?

I do not think it has anything positive to offer that Judaism and Christianity do not also have.

Other urls found in this thread:

christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-r004.html
youtu.be/i3j9pCPzbqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That is because it started as war propaganda: Muhammed needed a loyal and devoted army

This is also why the Quran is so 2 sided: 1 part is very friendly and tries to convince you that you should become a muslim and another part is violent as fuck basically calling you to kill anyone who isn't muslim. Islam is a religion based on violence, conflict and conquering others. And it is very good at it too. This is also why Buddhists (who preach tolerance and peace) can't live with muslims because they know that Islam in it's core is violent and actively searches for conflict.

>Islam is a religion based on violence, conflict and conquering others
Christians aren't exactly known for being peace loving. Look at all the wars they've started.

Indeed but the difference is that the bible doesn't promote violence. It promotes stuff like "love thy neighbour" and stuff like that. Hell Jesus his entire message was: be kind to the poor, the sick, the disabled,... and treat everyone good so that we can build God's heaven here on earth.

The old testament is absolutely pro-violence.

The old testament is indeed very violent and harsh but the Christianity centers more around Christ and his message than the message of the New testament (if I'm not mistaken)

Thought processes like these get us nowhere. We must look at the reasons behind christianity versus that of islam. It all really comes down to what you believe on a fundamental level. Islam is designed to appeal to people who only care about having the most luxury. Whereas christianity could be said to be the opposite. Leading a life with God in concious and heart will yield a more happy existence when compared to that of islam. Which is to say, that the Islamic god, forgives any and all things done in his name, because if he didn't want it done, it wouldn't be done. You can see the conundrum here?

The Old Testament is a jewish creation, its barely relevant to modern Christianity, the same can not be said for the hadiths.

>This is also why Buddhists (who preach tolerance and peace)
I seriously hope you're not implying that Buddhism can't be an incredibly violent religion

>The Old Testament is a jewish creation
like christianity?

It could be but the fundamental ideas of Buddhism aren't centred around violence of hurting others. It's about finding inner peace and harmony in life

>The Old Testament is a jewish creation
So is the New Testament.

portrayal of violence != pro-violence

To rule the World.

Strong centralized religion PERFECT for arabs situation.

It exists so that people living in scorched deserts can bare lving there. Simply by being told lies about some promised afterlife.

It offered political and societal reforms to a backwater who refused to do anythinf unless their clay statue said so

Coherence

You are a fucking retard.

Everything you are saying is about the PEOPLE who 'believe' in their religion. It says nothing about the religion. All of these religions EXCEPT MAYBE Judaism is extremely fucking violent, like very fucking violent. It's just Americans change their religion to suit their needs, Islam doesn't do this simple as fucking that.

I would still take a religion which hasn't changed since it's birth over a religion which changes and wavers with the current ideologies. No matter how violent, at least they stick to their guns.

The Qur'an, the last revealed word of God, is the primary source of every Muslim's faith and practice. It deals with all subjects which concern human beings: wisdom, doctrine, worship, transactions and the law. Its basic theme, however, is the relationship between God and his creatures. At the same time, it provides guidelines and detailed teachings for a just society, proper human conduct, and an equitable economic system.

>I would still take a religion which hasn't changed since it's birth over a religion which changes and wavers with the current ideologies. No matter how violent, at least they stick to their guns.

Yea, all those temple sacrifices and kid stoning are sure happening a lot these days.

Judaism has changed a fuckton. For one it's gone from polytheistic to monotheistic, and even ignoring that little part, it's gone from a religion with sacrifice to rabbinical judaism.

Just off the top of my head, muslims are required to give to the poor, which they do in a myriad of ways in muslim countries.

>muslims are required to give to the poor
Only if those 'poor' are muslims themselves. You will never see a muslim help a non-muslim.

The old testament preeches violence when god deemed it necessary. It is not a philosophy of violence, nor does it encourage it as any sort of lifestyle or livelyhood. There are situations in this world that cannot and should not be dealt with in any other way. That's different than commanding one to "stone to death all those who lose their virginity before marriage."

I'm homeless. I live among people who can be regarded candidly (as many of them would say of tnhemselves or of those around them) as "the dregs of society." That doesn't mean that each and every one of these people are such. Like everyone else, they are quite varied individuals--some extremely intelligent, many more not very intelligent. But, in my experience over many months with these people--who include people from the most impoversished parts of Eastern Europe and all around Africa ( I personally know people who are "boat people" refugees rescued at sea off the coast of Lapedussa)--I have found that more often than not, they are the Muslems, not the Christians. who are more ready to lie, cheat, steal and, in all general ways, basically practice a bloodly-minded indifference for even the most basic respect for others' fair rights and interests. I will also admit that there are exceptions and that among the people I most trust there are a few Muslems. But Muslems far outnumber all others in my personal experiences for those who have demonstrated their readiness to take advantage of me and ot others.

You sound like a triggered autist

>"Everything you are saying is about the PEOPLE who 'believe' in their religion."

That's because people reflect the principles of their religion, instead of getting mad that white christians aren't running around and blowing themselves up, like yourself.

In it's 1400 year existence +290 million people have been killed because of islam.
You can't taqiyya your way out of this one, Ahmed.

The Qu'ran contains at least 109 verses who command muslims to be violent to non-muslims.

>What is the point of Islam?
Some mass murdering child fucker made up a bunch of shit to make retards believe that the rape and murder of everyone that isn't Muslim is okay so he could do it to continue being a Warlord fuck.
Reasoning for pigs? Judaism. There's a branched path between the two.

>Judaism
Islams spreads Gods love to everyone who submit.
>Christianity
Islam tells its believers its OK not to be a submissive cuck.

Boom, argument ruined.

There haven't been any major religious wars started by Christians in quite a while.

>No matter how violent, at least they stick to their guns.
Christ but you sound like a 15-year-old.

In what universe is it more important to stick to the absolute fucking letter of your holy book than to NOT MURDER PEOPLE?

Christianity (as it is actually practiced) has evolved right along with western civilization, and that's a good thing. It speaks well of Christians.

There is plenty of advocation of violence in the Tanakh, and I don't think I need to list the examples.

Islam is like Christianity and Judaism (and most of the more faith centered religions), in that it doesn't really have a "point", you either believe it or you don't, it isn't necessary that any of them progress humanity, even if it is part of their stated intention. Anyway, I think Islam is not totally bad, I can appreciate that it is more grounded in civic law than is Christianity; rather than tell people to impoverish themselves, Islam allows people to amass wealth, and then taxes it/encourages charity, which is much better than a vow of poverty. Whereas Christianity leaves Christians wanting for the structure of the state, Islam brings law and governance to the forefront.

Islam is basically an improved form of Judaism, although Christianity is ultimately better if it's ideas are not taken to the nth degree.

>I do not think it has anything positive to offer that Judaism and Christianity do not also have.

monotheism

>Islam tells its believers its OK not to be a submissive cuck.

Islam mean submission and whole point of it is to bea submissive cuck who kneel five time a day, this is also why muslims are herd people and can be ruled like cattle by dictators unlike christians.

It Arabized the faith, and gave Arabs a position of dominance over those that embraced it.

I think the violent nature of Islam is perversely very attractive, even to people who claim to be non-violent. It's the "alpha wolf" mentality. Islam is a lot more proactive in its aims than most other religions are.

>Judaism: Just wait for the messiah.
>Christianity: Just wait for Jesus.
>Hinduism: Just wait for your next life.
>Buddhism: Just wait until you become enlightened.
>Islam: CONQUER THE EARTH AND FORM A GLOBAL ISLAMIC CALIPHATE! EVERYONE WHO DIES FOR THE CAUSE GETS 72 VIRGINS! ALLAH AKBAR!

>Be Christian.
>Reinvent yourself like fucking Madonna every decade because you cant live your own creed.
Lel

>Christianity (as it is actually practiced) has evolved right along with western civilization, and that's a good thing. It speaks well of Christians.
Meanwhile, here on Veeky Forums
>REEEEEEEEEE VATICAN II
>REEEEEEE WHY ARE CATHOLICS BEING NICE TO MIGRANTS/MUSLIMS.
>NONONONO YOU CANNOT FORGIVE ABORTIONISTS WAAAAAAAAAH WAAAAAAAAAAAH

>That is because it started as war propaganda: Muhammed needed a loyal and devoted army
It started and took a long time to get popular--for the longest time Muhammad and his companions numbered a few dozen, and were subject to persecution and harassment daily.

>This is also why the Quran is so 2 sided: 1 part is very friendly and tries to convince you that you should become a muslim and another part is violent as fuck basically calling you to kill anyone who isn't muslim.
It doesn't. There are a handful of verses permitting a war in self-defense (in Muhammad's case, a war with his own tribe, the Quraysh), though I admit more radical elements consider the whole "self-defense" thing supererogatory.

The Quran, cover to cover, talks about how nonbelievers will burn in hell. Again I'm aware of only a handful of verses which call for war, and even then they're given quantifiers (i.e. "And fight with them until there is no persecution, and religion should be only for Allah, but if they desist, then there should be no hostility except against the oppressors." 2:193)

I give money to non-Muslims all the time.

>: CONQUER THE EARTH AND FORM A GLOBAL ISLAMIC CALIPHATE! EVERYONE WHO DIES FOR THE CAUSE GETS 72 VIRGINS! ALLAH AKBAR!
We're waiting for al-Mahdi, which is comparable to the other figures/states you mentioned in your post. Also there is no call to form a global caliphate outside of ISIS' circles.

But user, that Quran "quote" is not even from the Quran, it's from a hadith.

>last revealed word of God

Came 500 years before Muhammad was even born. Literally the book of Revelation, in the bible.

Muhammad didn't even speak correctly about Jesus, he said "surely he did not die", in the context of physical death -something not even the Roman Empire denied.

The Qur'an refers to Jesus as a prophet. This couldn't be a more incorrect statement. Jesus himself asked his followers who they thought HE was, they all agreed we was the Christ (Messiah).

Matthew 16:13 - 16

Even worse, these false Jews call him a sorcerer in the Talmud.

Islam refers to him as "Isa Masih" or "Jesus the Messiah," aka Jesus Christ. He confirmed what was of the Torah before him, and was the prophesied Messiah, and will return at the end of the world.

The Quranic term for prophet is likened to Messenger, as he brings God's Law/Guidance, et cetera to the masses. So, he (Christ) would be both Messiah and a Prophet/Messenger/Apostle.

Only protestantism, and they are a dying minority.

Yeah, no shit; it's an Abrahamic religion. They're all basically worshiping the same god.

Don't help the enemy in any way.

He also said that he is the Son of the Blessed. Islam does not accept Jesus as God, and this is who he claimed to be, the living manifestation of God. Through his flesh doing the work. Raising the dead, healing the sick, blind, etc. He said plainly, I and my Father, are one. This, Islam does not accept. He doesn't need to prophesy, he's God, our actions all visible to him. The revelation was given to John BY Jesus, long after he died, returned, and left again.

>not believing in the Qadr of Allah
>thinking mundane memes like enemies and friends are worth sweating over
s m h t b h f a m

Proofs?
And to save time please don't quote the Bible without proving its infallibility

The bible is 66 different books, all translated from thousands of original manuscripts, I'm not gonna sit here and prove the bible, meanwhile you claim it's association to the Abahamic "faith".

Mark 14:61 and 62

61But he held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? 62And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

The very REASON Jesus was crucified, WAS this perceived blasphemy. But they made a great mistake. And yet, no one can take his life (he IS the life, the giver of life), he gave it up WILLINGLY. For the sins of man.

John 10:18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 10:30

I and my Father are one.

That's neat but he Quran (which is supposed to be the direct word of God) says he wasn't the son of God, so these appeals to authority do nothing for either side.

I'll give you another chance: prove to me Jesus is the son of God, and if he is, why isn't Adam the son of God? Does that make God the Mother as well as the Father?

I meant Muhammadan faith really, because truly if that religion were of Abraham, muslims would do the works of Abraham.

Your chances are up. Sadly for you, the bible came long before the Qur'an. So no, it clearly isn't the word of God. Just a distorted record of events, if you can even call it that.

The Qur'an isn't I mean, surely.

The Torah also came before the Gospels and made no mention of the huge plot twist that the Messiah is also God and also the Son of God.

And the Jews say the same thing about Christianity. At least they kept the Law, however

christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-r004.html

You've misunderstood me. I accept Jesus is Christ, I do not accept his being an offspring of God, as there is no precedent or even so much as a necessity, especially whilst taking into account that other creations who were miraculously birthed were never considered children of God (Adam, the angels, etc)

Nobody said God "birthed" Jesus. What I'm saying, plainly, is that Jesus was always, has always been God.

God is one, but his nature is eternally, and simultaneously three. In simple terms, God is 3 in one in composition.

God the Father (who is in Heaven), God the Son (the living, physical presence of God), and God the Holy Spirit (God dwelling within men).

For this reason the bible sais there are three that bear record in Heaven, and these three are ONE.

This simply means that NOTHING is hidden from God, not imwardly, not outwardly, not physically. Jesus literally said, I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. That no man can go through the Father, except through HIM. Literally HIM, he said he is "the door".

John 8:58

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:9

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jesus, very literally, saves.

>GOAT fucking Joseph Smith sees a vacuum of religion in the shithole that he lived.
>He creates a stupid religion with no theological basis so he can fuck little girls and have multile wifes.
Mohammed was just Joseph Smith sand edition

>his being an offspring of God
The son and the Father are God.Jesus is not an offspring of God.
>Goatfuckers in charge of theology

>2010995
>not a philosophy of violence
>central tenet is human sacrifice

>Only if those 'poor' are muslims themselves.

Not even.

That's a daft question to begin with and shows your immaturity when dealing with social phenomenon.

Social cohesion, cultural lineage, trans-national binding amongst peoples from different nations - yes all these things are present in the other two (and many other religions too) but that doesn't make it invalid.

youtu.be/i3j9pCPzbqA

>That is because it started as war propaganda: Muhammed needed a loyal and devoted army
Islam started way before Muhammad had any need for an army. Anyway there are way better was to raise an army than something as unreliable as starting a new religion.

>Quran part
>quote hadith
Let me guess, you found that on /pol/?

youre illiterate

Retard

We gonna pick cherries all day or analyze facts