/brg/ - Battlerite general

Rude fire midget edition

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP arena brawler from the same company that made Bloodline Champions.

>Latest patchnotes
blog.battlerite.com/patch-1-2-0-frozen-mists/#more-2064

>Roadmap for 2017-2018
battlerite.com/newera/

>Check your BR profile
battlerite-stats.com/

>Character builds
loadouts.gg

>Get your free shit
pastebin.com/0zTkhPkd

>Newbie guides
pastebin.com/4tS737Y9
pastebin.com/wTZaSWcs

>/brg/ player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X5gY7yqfr7KmqQv5p4N65fLruYr9rnkm-ZHFcKLXxLs/edit#gid=973992834
>Add yourself
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd89zBULnDGRC__t4vtR_9qPUJXR9stQpDUAYw9zLgmO32KWA/viewform

Bump limit reached

Other urls found in this thread:

loadouts.gg/1.2.0/Jade/2-5-7-10-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tell me Pesti Bro how do I play this man?
I feel so vulnerable trying to heal

the only answer can be "until you got good".
I played with /brg/ dude and random 3v3s today and random didn't use Ex and just made basic mistakes.
I checked his account after games and he had FIVE THOUSAND EIGHT HUNDRED games played.
You definitely can't stop being shit after 20 hours but also you can play for 1000 and still be.

>Freya spaces in
>E's
>and counters
>allies don't hit the counter
>mfw

Was the random /brg/ dude any good I mean if you have 5800 games you atleast have to be good at what your doing.

There were /brg/ dude and just random from my friendlist. Random played 5800 games and was nowhere near good.

When new players ask more experienced players for tips, they're a bit lofty in their expectations. What one can reply with is vague stuff because the actual answer cannot be condensed down to a simple reply. I mean how do you respond to, "How do I get good with Bakko"? Most experienced players would rather focus on mistakes new players make rather than answer the actual question, because at this stage they're just looking for direction or something to focus on improving.

But if you send a GC player an odeum clip, and you'll have 100 different things pointed out to you as wrong. As a new player that is overwhelming, "How do you expect me to actively think about all that and still play the game?" The fact of the matter is you don't, it's second nature to GC players at this point. You can't teach game sense, because that requires going over every single possibility in every game ever. The only way to build that up is through experience, which is a slow and layered progression.

A new player might spend a while letting Rook's Space flat out hit them. Over time they will finally react to it, sometimes a bit late but the effort is there. Then they reach a state where they can dodge it consistently, only then to find that people can cancel-bait it. They have to re-train their habit of always reacting the instant they see the cast animation, and get a feel for when people cancel and when they don't. Then maybe they find themselves getting tricked by Rook flicking the space onto them, or struggling to deal with the mixup at close range. Eventually they'll have built up a good sense of Rook rush in general, an excellent one for their character matchup, and habits of other players.
It wasn't even human limits of reaction speed playing a part here, it's clear now that they are capable of dodging it now. But you ask them how they used to get hit by it, and it will seem very silly to them. That's just one ability on one character, and we went on a journey with it.

Pushed all the way from gold 5 to plat 5 today /brg/ bros. It was hard carrying like 90% of the games and constantly 1v2ing, but I won enough times that I finally got the rank I wanted!

I think I can go a lot higher, but the push today was only to get to plat. So happy rn guys!

Well done a lot of new players get hard stuck in silver because they don't understand how or what there doing wrong. One thing I would recommend is learning how to flick in certain matchups also what rites do you use? Plat is extremely good place to be

I'm still shit after 1000 matches. I have some people who put up with me and started to edge closer to 50% at last.

>Play with user /brg/ they are legitmentally really good at the game
>even gave me tips on how to play certain heroes
>Breezing through Silver now after the games
Thanks Bolt

>freya leaps on me
>but I'm ashka
>pop my 3 balls as a feint
>she pops counter
>cancel, drop flamestrike under her
>her counter is cancelled
>NOW I drop the 3 balls on her
>laugh as she uses e to dodge one of the projectiles but still gets hit by other two
>she tries to run away
>chase with molten fist
>lmb into oblivion and repeat if she tries to leap on me again

why aren't you playing fire midget

I'm playing the m1 master ELMO

nice post but that's pretty obvious that newshits want shortcuts and there are not shortcuts in life

He has only 8 skills and one of his skills is extremely and I mean extremely situational
Why the fuck is his Heal on his best form of movement

>panics her away
Be nice to her!!

Always pic related. The double snipe is really fucking good for burst and securing orbs, and the HP from snipe shot and disabling shot might seem low but it's actually HUGE if you consistently land your skill shots.

The lower CD on stealth is pretty self explanatory for the extra snipes/snapshots, and being able to spam ex stealth in 1v1's is actually ridiculously OP.

Check the odeum for some of my 1v2s and you can see what I mean. There's a game where I started fighting an Alysia and I started with

actually i am wrong. People don't want to be good, that want to be in a good rank.
And BR unironically has a shortcut which is a 2v2 ranked.

Try this
Gunslinger,concussion bomb,Explosive jump(This can be replace with blasting pistols against ranged) Delight,Desperado
When you get higher up snipe becomes less and less useful as people can very easily punish you for sniping.

With this build you have extremely power energy gain or an out and having good amount off cc as you can stealth up to them pop a few caps in them space away which allows you to get at least 2 shots in them before they wake up from the stun and its really good if you can cc chain an enemy.

Like I said snipe becomes useless as a damage tool and more used to secure orbs or even used to secure damage off an incap or hard cc in higher lvl.

Delight and Desperado go hand in hand it allows you shot 4 shots and E and shoot 6 more shots into them and if they proc the spell block it gives you 16 health back which is a decent amount if you can keep your distance and spam EX stealth which you really should be using 24/7 and snapshot to secure damage

This might sound weird but your best tools isn't snipe, but your ridiculous amount of damage your m1 can do in little time and how much energy you can gain from rites

>new players
>talking to smurf
kek

>NA had to make their own matchmaking and league in discord just to play 3v3

t minus 1 month until Battlerite server shutdown due to low player count

Gunslinger is bad, imo.
It forces you to spam m1 to get some value from it, which usually not the best play(unless your opponent is retarded silver).
Also
>no deadly focus

I'm using this against melee team composition and mostly in 2v2
loadouts.gg/1.2.0/Jade/2-5-7-10-11
And Concussion Bomb > Ambush against ranged teams.

Another user, btw.

I really don't like that build. I have it as one of my saved presets but even against melee it feels so much more useful to be able to Snapshot > silence > full salvo > stealth > snapshot > full salvo. Against most champs it just fucking wrecks em and the rotation nets you like 48 HP if you don't miss anything.

I have come to learn that channeling snipe is mostly used for securing orbs, but it's also very good for hitting champions right as their counters end, or stunning a croak off your team mate from across the map provided you started channeling early. Against champs like Rook I found its also still good to channel snipe because Snipe > Stealth > Snipe when his stuff is on CD is pretty much a guaranteed 88 damage which is really fucking hard to come back from.

And I used to love desperado but my problem with it (as well as with blasting pistols) is you really have to mindlessly spam M1 to be useful but that sets you up for procing counters. I highly prefer the much more spammable stealth and M2/exM2 because I like to play by comboing quickly and then retreating since staying in revolver shot range feels like a huge liability for Jade against most champions.

What're you calling me a smurf for? :c

I dunno man, we had a really good Freya discussion last thread. I think is the regular posters would just be less bitchy and snarky it would be fine.

not him but whenever i see some champion discussion going on i never read it because people who write all that shit are completely incompetent.
Individual skill is much more important than loadouts.

>I'm smarter and better than all of you but I wont ever give my input so nobody can tell me I'm wrong

>Game is balanced for 3v3
>But you can't draft

See, what's being described here does seem to me just to be "the gud". You're literally describing it - the player gets better reflexes, then they get better game sense, sure, but eventually they build some sort of "magic factor" that lets them do things as second nature that take entire paragraphs to explain. And they know where to stand and where not to and yadda yadda. And nobody can ever teach that to you, no matter how hard they try.

I've done it a few times, where I just see what I need to do and then I go and do it, and it fucking rocks and I top score and we win the game, but other times you realize that you're losing somehow and you have no idea why. You can't get close to the enemy team without feeling like you're in danger, you're being pushed back, they're taking all the orbs. And you go "we're being pressured" and you have no idea how to unpressure yourself or pressure back. And an experienced player would go "ah yes we need to pressure them" and just do it with that magical "gud" they have and can't teach anyone.

>game introduces draft
>have to learn champions besides jade

):

that happens when there are bad players on the team that are too afraid to do anything. I had that feeling before, especially when you're melee that if you go in, they won't follow you and just let you die.

What's it gunna be?

I did not expect it to be for someone I actually play.

>lime punk
lol how does it feel being a huge faggot

Wha?

>Implying I give a single fuck what's equipped to her

Help me pick fun champs to main as. Don't care about winrate. I already decided Rook for melee, I just need ranged and support now.

>not caring what's equipped on the second sexiest champ in the game
This is why you've only got a 37.9% winrate and I'm living like a king in Silver 3.

So, how do you control orb as Oldur?

Ashka is great and easy to play, Sirius too, but kinda not fun.

There are no fun characters in this game, only fun mindsets. You can have fun with any champ when you push their limits and do batshit insane things with them.

>Silver 3
I've played so few matches that I just won one between posting and it went up 2%, talking about winrates on a sub level 100 account is meaningless.
Yeah she's hot and all but if I never play her what does it matter

Ashka is fun.

because explaining/analyzing something and playing it are completely different skills

even many of the best players will frequently give blatantly wrong advice or say things that contradict what they do or are so misleading they might as well be wrong

>Get switched to Jade without me noticing since free champs rerolled
>Started typing in chat about it and apparently the same thing happened to the enemy Jade
>After the game ends, I immediately press play again without thinking
>Next game, get that same Sirius so he starts complains and says I was pretending
>We start losing and Sirius says "gg can't win with this troll jade" to the same Destiny we we had last game
>We get 0/3ed
>Next game I switch my champ this time thankfully
>I also get the same Sirius again as well as Destiny, but on the other team thankfully
>3/0 him without any contest at all
>He says nothing
>Get the same Sirius on the enemy team once more next game
>He 3/0s me this time
>He goes "gg" "wipe" "clean" as if he thought I didn't just do that to him a few minutes ago
That was an extremely strange series of events

>tfw no renekton champion in battlerite

I wanna SLICE

Strange, few hours ago there was different Events, with mount rewards(iirc Play 15 matches and Play 25 matches Casual/League/Duel), which was ending 8-9 January(or maybe February?).

this duel shit's never going to end is it

Yeah that wasnt there before and now it says that the event ends the 16 of jan do that fucking duel quest already

>missed out on the Arctic Scorpion mount due to work

how do i get good with oldur?
what rites should i take?

Why should I waste time on duellist tryhards sitting there just to bully newbies like me, when i can play and win 100 games in other modes for the same amount of time?

For the arctic chest obviously
Also everyone is fucking terrible in duels for some reason

It wasn't different, it was the same ones we had at the beginning of the artic event. I'm pretty sure it was just a glitch or something but I wasn't even aware they were going to put any events in at all

>play Duel
>get Oldur vs. Thorn

Haha good game mode
Balanced

It's fun testing yourself against the enemies when you aren't pitted against Thorn.

Duel made me realize Taya is fucking useless.

useless alone*

I don't really have a ton of time to write a long guide but basically hit your E and dont undervalue your Q. He has very linited offensive capabilities without the E so land it. Also, get the rite that makes it apply a root. Grabbing snipes with the Q and shooting them back without the charge time is great and you should do it often.

use M1 a lot
Heal in between, Renew is mandatory in any build
use root on E
use your exQ to take orbs/zone and rape melee/mirror enemy ults
use R to stop ults or overly agressive melees

the only way to play taya is to be agressive. You can win duel if you can hit your shit.

>Checking out people's outfits and their recolors
>Look at Ruh Kaan's one by one
>Get to his legendary
>"Meh, those horns look kinda du-"
>Mfw the second one pops up on my screen

>play Duel
>4 minute queue time
>get Thorn/Freya against Ezmo/Lucie
>feel really dirty
>decide what the hell, let's do another one
>3 minute queue
>literally same guy as before
>manage to actually get RK vs. RK
>he fucking sucks
>quit playing Duel

I don't even care about the chest anymore.

i unironically will play more RK/Lucie/Varesh if they'll get better cosmetics.

>he doesn't enjoy playing as ganguro slut lucie

Draft fags are the worst

>mandatory draft
>game dies immediately

The game needs to have like 60 heroes before you can start talking about drafting, and who knows if it'll last that long.

>So, how do you control orb as Oldur?
Ex bubble, hope your team helps you secure it in that time.

>He doesn't enjoy letting them cum

Why is Alysia so shit

sls can't balance and the leddit hugbox believes that the game is perfectly balanced and can't have tier lusts

Are you dumb? Redditors are the exact people who are obsessed with making tier lists. They can't even start a new game without asking for one so they don't have to make any decisions for their selves because why be your own person when you can follow the meta?

Because existing mechanics cuck the ice witch archetype and they couldnt be bothered to use new mechanics for her.

She has no combos, and because of that, she has to be played extremely consistently and is not forgiving when you fuck up. She's like a damage Lucie.

maybe I'm just a shitter but Alysia feels fine to me?

>Couldn't be bothered to use new mechanics
But they did. Even if chill isn't exactly groundbreaking, it adds a small new element (pun intended) to her gameplay. You have to make sure you're comboing properly to get your freeze off and the enemies can do what they can while chilled to not get frozen.

That being said, she's really fucking generic in general and doesn't feel like they put that much time into making her. Even her visual design and her voicelines seem kind of lazy.

>No combos
>Literally a mechanic based around comboing her abilities
That's a blatant lie and you know it. Again, even if you don't like it or don't think it's very good it still exists.

Chill isn't a new mechanic, its just snare with a different name. Frozen is also identical to petrify, and it's the main reason she's garbage. They didnt do anything new with her and she suffers because of it.

She has no GOOD combos.

Her "combo mechanic" is literally something half the characters have, only the other characters have better options to apply their stacks or better options/damage from the stack.

Not only this, but they have a reason to do it. When she freezes someone she doesnt have any follow up or reason to do it, no reward for the combo so no reason to do it. In fact, the shield that comes with a freeze actively discourages you from doing it, you're better off trying to keep them permachilled if you can, which just makes her worse since it means you can't burst damage with an ability combo without stopping yourself cold right after.

>guy autistically whines in the chat all game about how he got unlucky every time I kill him
>I don't even know how to use allchat to make fun of him

I just started playing this

All chat is stupid they should tell you how to open it but they dont.
If you have chat enabled, hold shift and press enter.

Thanks. Yeah, that seems really unintuitive.

I've never touched Duel until now, and after playing it all I can say is that if they want to keep this mode in the game they should make it so you get to pick from a pool of 3 characters.

btw

is it at least locked to the same class for both of you?

No.
You can wind up with Oldur against Raigon and shit.

so the new dude is lucie's bro?

It’s a team game bro. Not only do her autos do 17 damage to chilled targets and ice lance do like 35 to people she freezes with her ult, but you can freeze a target to peel for a teammate or freeze them so your Jade can channel a snipe shot on them. It’s free CC.

Its not free CC if it costs an ult. Its not even good CC since it negates a chunk of whatever follow up damage you or your team deals. Everyone here seems to know exactly why shes bad but you.

Yeah, the Duel mode is some of the least fun I've ever had in a video game. It's an absolute coinflip. I sure love getting put against Thorn all the fucking time as Ezmo or some shit.

blossom or croak ples pls pls

YES

>bakko leap is almost 2 seconds of iframes
>it CC's you when he lands

What is the fucking point of Ezmo

>varesh free
>play 4 games of ranged quest

time to feed my ass off

>winning in duel
>guy gets thorn and I get pearl

THANKS

I thought you were joking about stealing.

You have two seconds to dodge the thing and you get a guaranteed hit on him because the recovery on it is massive.

>it goes through counter

If the chill bar completely fills you freeze .
There you go Alysia is actually playable