/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BtwwejuRAx8
youtube.com/watch?v=c5k1mrU1RuU
youtube.com/watch?v=mDlAaLPwDIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for Ling Xiaoyu is someone you hold hands with

yeah but i read that the way that that data is recorded is based on whther a player picks the characters once ever, which is why eliza is so low despite being sort of popular.

repostin my question:

Why do high level Alisa players consider her db4 good? I don't really understand. It gives KND on hit but nothing else on Ch and it's 24 frames very slow and launch punishable. Am I missing something?

Idk where other stats are if they exist

Usage =/= how good the character is, I can't speak for if he's good or not, but unless your a pro player you shouldn't care about tier that much

Not a high level player but maybe it's one of those "that idiot would never try THAT move" kind of things, plus unless you lab Alisa's db4 for like 5 minutes you're probably gonna get tricked by all the slippery-shit motion she puts into the move

So what's the proper way to backdash ?

u/b,b,n

b, b,

b, [n, b, d/b, b]
Repeat the part in brackets.
youtube.com/watch?v=BtwwejuRAx8
youtube.com/watch?v=c5k1mrU1RuU
The OP links are wack honestly. Unless I'm retarded leaving out the last b doesn't even work which both Aris and SRK suggest, and the QCB method is suboptimal, doesn't work for every character and I don't find it easier to do anyway.

>stick

>Playing around with things that can hit eddy while he's in relax stance as Kazuya
>Find out that Devil Kazuya's electrics connect

I never realized just how low that thing hit.

What are you trying to say, friend?

Thanks, but I'm playing with a pad, though.

I might be bad at this game, but this is wrong.

This seems dubious too.

>Thanks, but I'm playing with a pad, though.
Does it matter?

Normal electrics actually hit close to the ground too. The thing is that they are coded as a high, and most moves that bring the character low are actually in a crouching state, so electrics cannot hit them even though the hitbox would. This is why normal evasive moves like Lars's uf3/df2 or Josie's df2, etc that evade highs will never evade an electric, because the hitbox is actually huge.

So it's b, d/b, b ?

Interesting, the more I know.

Is tekkenbot still fucked?

no i've been using it fine for awhile now
on the github thing read the commits , some guy updates it from there

As far as I know that's the optimal input for a KBD. The first b makes you backdash, the d/b is the cancel, and the last b will be the first back input of the next backdash. Might be easier on one controller compared to another but that's what you should be aiming for. I don't think it should be difficult on a pad, but you can look up videos for how to do it on a pad specifically.

>had the game for 4 months
>still can't decide who to play, to the point where i'm just watching constant tekken videos and streams hoping someone clicks

I give you permission to use my wife, Kazumi, until you find your own.

I see your indecision and raise you a King

For real though, have you tried any characters/what would you say your skill level is?

Am I colourblind? This is brown right? Why is her jacket yellow/golden? ALL the browns just look yellow. What the fuck?

Plot twist:

Harada is color blind and refuses to hear it from any of the staff

Get out of customization and play the game.

worst mommy

still very new to the game, highest character is grand master or something I think
i've tried asuka, bryan, josie and i've been doing leo/feng
but nothing is clicking

NEVER

It's not only that Jacket. Just tried to die hair, it's also bright fucking yellow. fucking what.

Bro you obviously haven't heard about the secret customs tech

Sounds like you need some Miguel in your life. He's a big boi, middle of the road, and his stance isn't too complicated. I want to say Claudio but with him you have to remember is hopkick is whack as fuck op and you have to make sure he eats plenty of starburts

in the same boat. thinking about xiaoyu but i'm racist towards chinks so it's hard to deal

You have to import brown from another item that actually looks brown and past it there. I did that to get an actual orange and bright pink.

i was also considering xiaoyu but the amount of options/freedom she has seems scary

Sounds like you need someone simple and fun. Try Lars

i'm fucking fearless, i literally just hate chinese people and it's the only thing keeping me from picking a main. also like lili but i don't like her french/monocan-ness. guess i'm just racist as fuck

Don't reply to me ever again.

I guess that's what I'm gonna do then, thanks.
This is such a stupid mistake to have in a game that's out for a while now. There is also a thing that let's you pick from a gradiant, but fuck me, it's also super hard to get a decent brown or orange in there.

> Racist towards chicks
user are you gay or just insecure about tekgen bullying you for playing a female character?

um?

what now, bitch?

Taking you off my nice tekgen anons list for good.

You know if I could just say it's really early in the morning and I can't read...

fyi I'm not sure it works for brown too. I did it for the other colors mainly by importing swimsuit colors which are brighter than the rest, and that pumpkin hat for orange.

i cannot accept this fate

I have the right chart for you my dude

Why does Heihachi's demon uppercut have so much knockback?

>I see your indecision and raise you a King
How necessary is it to be super familiar with King's multi-part grabs to get decently good with him?

Completely unnecessary. Chain grabs are mostly trash and are basically used for trolling purposes.

This guy might actually be right
>"hey Kazumi you're young and cute, we need you to kill this guy he's an asshole just pretend to like him"
>"ok"
>"DON'T fall in love hes evil"
>"ok"
>falls in love
>gets fucked daily
>gets pregnant and spawns a demon
>happy family
>"hey wasn't i supposed to do something? oh yeah"
>tries to kill Heihachi
>fails miserably
>"hey Akuma listen our dumbass assassin Kazumi got killed can you go kill this Heihachi guy and say she sent you thanks"
>70 years later Akuma shows up and accomplishes absolutely nothing
>the hellspawn finally kills Heihachi
>"This was all your fault btw, mommy dindu nuffin and you killed her"- Kazuya

Kazumi is possibly the worst mother of all time

>tfw no jaycee
>tfw no jun
>tfw no anna
>tfw chloe is a gimmick character
>tfw asuka is overused
>tfw lili is a thot
>tfw hate ninjas
>tfw waifufag
sad times for me guys

Alright, maybe I'll try him then. I looked at his movelist when I first got the game, took one glance at those grabs and said "well, guess I'm never playing this character."

i actually did look into kazumi but i don't really like how she's low damage
isn't king sort of bad at higher levels because your grabs are essentially useless?
i don't like the spaniard, sorry
any other suggestions?

Don't ignore me you piece of shit
I told you who to play, don't make me say it again

i thought lars was like the worst character in the game though
i plan on playing the game seriously so i dont want someone who is just good at lower levels

you're not gonna be playing at high levels until at least a year or two

Chain grabs are not difficult. They're just dial-a-combos.

The difficult thing about King is that you need to be able to buffer throws out of everything and you need to be able to do perfect instant-while-running inputs.

Play DJ. He's the best character in the game.

Lars is the most honest character in the game and will teach you to be a better player.
youtube.com/watch?v=mDlAaLPwDIc
Believe in Lars, he believes in you

CD 1+4 and CD 2+3 are necessary to play king properly, i agree that his other chain grabs are just gimmicky

>isn't king sort of bad at higher levels because your grabs are essentially useless?
He isn't bad, he just gets much, much harder to play. You need to have extremely good movement to play him and flawless iWR inputs so you can hide his main throw mixup (iSW/GS). He basically turns into a poking character at higher levels.

alright, i'll give him a try
any good guides? how hard is he to play? are his combos difficult?

>lars
>honest
being shit has nothing to do with being honest

b (f,d,f,d,f,d...)
In other words, alternate tapping forward and down while holding back the whole time :^)

Easy to play, easy combos(they look hard but they aren't), high damage, great wall carry, easy wall combo.
Youtube Lars framewhisperer he's got a decent guide, for general gameplay look up OnlyPractice Lars to get a good idea of how he's played competitively

What's dishonest about Lars besides u/f3 which doesn't even crush much?

holy shit senpaitachi should i play heihachi or nina

Heihachi won't be in Tekken 8 so play Nina

>Heihachi won't be in Tekken 8

If someone techrolls, are they considered crouching for a moment so that crouch-grabs work?

Not him but im king main and having second thoughts because of that. Should i just suck it up or start labbing a secondary.

Who's got the best 10hits, anyway? I see king's and feng's used sometimes which is more than the never of most characters

Dragunov has an actually useful 10 string

Play the fucking robot.

I would honestly play Lars, but the "worst character in the game" thing kind of turns me off. Especially since my best friend plays "50/50 Paul", which is already hard to deal with on low level.

Pauls 50/50 shit works only up close and he can never frametrap it like some characters can, just keep him out

>worst character in the game
Katarina, Bears, Chloe, Gigas are all worse than Lars

>chloe and gigas
>worse than lars
which of these 3 are actually used at high level korean tournaments
hint: lars is the only one that isnt

he's not THAT bad, and tier lists in tekken are the most subjective and opinionated thing in the world. Before Knee's tier list everyone thought Kazumi was trash, now she's top tier.

>characters with gimmicks and setups get played in tournament settings where it's bo3 at most
wow who would've thought
and how many of these tournaments have been won by Gigas or Chloe players not jeonding who has his pocket Eddy ready?

i owe you my life

bruh I'm about to snake edge my way to orange ranks, if Anakin isn't able to block snake edges on reaction offline you alt f4ing wankers sure ain't blocking mine online with your retarded ass wifi 5 mb connections, fuck that

What if you find someone who can block it or simply space you out?

then he's going to losequit like every other shitter does

They can guess right but not block it on reaction so I'll keep doing it

Whose snake edge is it?

Dragenuvs

It's a good tool at the wall and you can throw it out as a hard read to crush something.

>the one snake edge that needs clean hit and has no range
>seeable if you do it after a blocked wr2 because that's when people are most alert

Forever a green ranker t b h

Don't go by the movelist for his chain grabs. For a lot of the inputs you can just mash all four buttons rather than doing specifically what the movelist says, which makes them MUCH easier to remember.

I'm checking old tekken tier lists out of curiosity and it looks like Jin was kinda bad in both 5DR and 6BR. Any oldfags can explain why? He has always been the "main character" and he's super good in T7 so it's surprising to see him in the bottom tiers of the lists.

What's the input for Hwo's spinny punch? That shit fucks me up every time

A team of Gigas raped team Qudans at last Mastercup iirc

>1 match
yeah that totally accurately represents the characters strength.

>T7 vanilla

5 matches

it's one match per player. it's basically gambling. gigas does a lot of damage, and qudans lost because of a couple bad calls. qudans would win in a 2/3 guaranteed

Right but that would be because Qudans is really good, not necessarily because of the characters picked

B+1 I believe

I'm thinking about doing an "every fighter to Fighter" ting. Sounds fun and I'll probably learn a ton about the game