What do you think he would have to say about the current world situation? What advice would he give to Trump?

What do you think he would have to say about the current world situation? What advice would he give to Trump?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N1_(television)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't hire Canadian mercenaries.

Move the capital to California

Elaborate

coax Brazil into invading Mexico then send troops into Mexico under the pretext of helping them against Brazil only to use them to perform a coup in Mexico, then use your newly acquired territory to tip the balance of power in favor of yourself and appeal to other rulers' sense of self-preservation to induct themselves into your system while leaving their economies and political machine mostly intact, asking only a small contribution to a centralized standing army

Go read the prince, it's a short book.

I don't think it mentions California.

There's like 5 countries between Brazil and Mexico.

Honestly, America is doing well allying with Canada. Wealthy enough in resources to be valuable, small enough in population to need a big dog to protect them. If America can rebuild some other strained relationships with smaller states, they stand a good chance opposing Russia and China.

Well he probably would not say to move the capital, but Trump going to live in California is actually good advice.

Holy shit Machiavelli was a genius.

why does no one read the sticky?
>Historical discussions should be focused on past events, and not their contemporary consequences. Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.

and to answer your question, I doubt he would have much to say since The Prince was specifically written within the context of the italian wars and should not be taken out of that context.

That's like saying the Art of War was written for those asian fuckers.

Machiavelli specifically mentions that the advice is prudent for rulers outside of Italy as well, and even uses examples of rulers outside of Italy many times.

Just because a work is written in a certain historical period doesn't mean its advice can't be more general.

Closing the gaps in the encirclements of both.
It's already doing well with Vietnam.
It should look to get Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan into NATO asap, and get the western Balkan (tm) countries integrated into the EU.

So it's easier for North Korea to nuke? So when Calexit happens they can take our capital?

I know Machiavelli was expansionist, but he wasn't retarded

outside of vague generalities it really wasn't though, The Prince was written to the Duke of Milan as a job resume, saying please hire me as your advisor and I'll help you unify Italy, because if we don't we'll be fodder for spain and france.

I know the context behind why it was written, that still doesn't mean the advice isn't general. For example, the going there and residing advice is pertinent for all rulers of that time period, and before. To a certain extent it's still applicable today.

There's a reason Machiavelli is seen as the father of realpolitik.

Yes, let's challenge Russia in the Balkans. What could go wrong?

>What advice would he give to Trump?
Mama mia, reada da booka!

kill the gentlemen/commit suicide

I think you're confusing Balkans with the Baltics.
As of now every country in the Balkans has applied for EU membership (except Bosnia, because Serbs want to secede).
All of their governments are pro EU.
Russia has no military presence in the Balkans.
What i'm saying is America should wage a war of propaganda to make the populace support them, because despite Serbia having only one anti western political party the populace overall has a negative opinion.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N1_(television)
They've already taken steps.
t. Croat

No, but it mentions living among those you have newly conquered (peacefully), and ruling from their most populated center, ie California, if you want the greatest respect from said populous