/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Jan 3] The Homebrew Launcher announced for February 1st. It won't work past 3.0.0. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will make the Switch fully hacked. There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a 34c3 lecture. youtube.com/watch?v=dFLF9SY0Jgs

>Wii
[Dec 13] Flashax, a web browser entrypoint, has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/491674

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

>PS4
[Dec 14] 5.03 released. wololo.net/2017/12/14/ps4-update-5-03-released

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/cpu_exploits_meltdown_and_spectre_could_potentially_affect_nintendo_switch
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/
gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/
wiiuiso.com/showthread.php?t=391044
wiiuiso.com/showthread.php?t=391045
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is hacking a n3ds easier then the method that was used to hack o3ds years ago, haven't used my o3ds in ages and its on rx-e 10.6.0.

>still using rxtools
yeah it's gonna be a hell of a lot easier

Why are people so against paying an up-front fee for a theoretically unlimited number of games to play? Just think of it as part of the console fee unless you stole the fucking thing from jimmy's birthday party.

For me it's only a problem when you are paying for DRM instead of an actual product that you need.
Circumventing DRM is the entire point, I don't want to buy and support some more DRM.

>[Jan 3] The Homebrew Launcher announced for February 1st. It won't work past 3.0.0. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
Is anything coming from 2.x-fags? Will we always need to buy that shitty Pokemon game or will something come to allow us to upgrade safely to 3.0.0?

>paying for DRM
I honestly don't know what you mean by this.

Gateway is just a regular CFW that checks if you put the Gateway card in the 3DS before launching it, otherwise it won't work.
It could work without the card, but they specifically designed it so that you have to pay for it. When you buy Gateway, you buy a DRM card.

I need help with something PS2 to PS3 related.

Does anyone know how to make .PSV save files out of .CBS (Codebreaker) or .SPS (Action Replay) saves? Every guide I've looked at so far has only shown you how to convert the opposite way. I'm trying to convert the Action Replay save for Melty Blood Actress Again I got from gamefaqs into something I can easily copy over to my PS3. If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Copypasting from previous thread

Thanks, mangs. I'm completely new to the cfw 3ds scene. One more thing, how much does it impede online play? I still want to maybe play the Monster Hunter games online which is pretty much a dealbreaker for me if using a cfw doesn't allow that like the PSP a decade ago.

o-okay. Cool, but I don't see how that effects the end user that just wants free games. Nobody except the odd man out actually fucking cares about CFW's full capability.

Just wait for Team X to release their mod chip, it will work on all firmwares. The 3.0 hack is a joke.

Even in the best scenario I think it can still be a minor inconvenience since you do need all that stuff.
I don't think we're going to see this kind of thing with the Switch, luckily.

Just got a new 3ds xl with 11.2 firmware from a retail shop. Holy shit.

That's not that amazing 2bh. I'd be surprised if any retailers had the latest firmware on their 3dses.

I heard that samus and snes editions have >11.3 firmware so I thought that getting an older firmware is quite hard.

Will I run into any problems using one SD to install b9s and a different one for everything else? For whatever reason (maybe incompetence) I can't seem to launch ntrboot with my main sd card but otherwise the sd works fine in my 3ds, on pc etc.

Playing online is fine. Do not cheat online, do not play games online before their release date.

>do not play games online before their release date.

I remember reading about that before since it was hyped up on /v/. How often does this situation can happen anyway?

even if flagged, apparently there was a way to get yourself unbanned so no big deal

Is it double ips?

Not hik but mine was 9.2 ips/tn

>How often does this situation can happen anyway?
It only happened once so far, with Pokémon Sun and Moon. I've seen some people saying it also happened with Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and some Monster Hunter game, but if it did it was only a handful of people since I could barely find anyone talking about it. It didn't happen with Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon either.

No idea

So I read about Meltdown and Spectre and how they are huge security vulns for intel, amd and arm based CPU's.

Wouldn't that help the scene to get full access to current gen systems?
We may be potentially months away for full blown access to all systems with updates up to this point

pretty sure that shit only works on intel x86 and you've fallen for an intel shill's trick

t. amd shill
Spectre affects pretty much everyone

Good thing it's only software with amd, and would require Le hackor to have physical access to your computer.
Instead of being a physical kernel issue that would require hardware revisions to properly fix.

Spectre, if pulled off, will help with dumping. It cannot, however, yield code execution directly, though it'll effectively break any kind of secrecy in-memory.
Meltdown is Intel-specific.

>Good thing
Not in the context of this thread

>Hey dude let me run shit, I'm PID 0
>Yeah nah cunt not falling for that old trick again
>(Gets keys from other area of memory)
>Nah bro seriously, it's me, the kernel, see, I have the keys to everything!
>Aright cunt go on, do your piracy shit then
Sadly they wipe a lot of keys after boot, but it could still help a lot

Luma has gateshark support via rosalina in one of the pull requests, apparently it works but needs a little more time cook.
Just a .txt file full of codes, no shitty killswitches or obfuscation to contend with.
Bit weird to think rosalina might be useful.

Even apple admitted their arm chips are affected.

I hope this helps, it'd be a BTFO for this console's gen. I wouldn't be surprised if they all pulled a Nintendo with the Wii U.

And I asked this because nVidia said they were going to come with a solution for the Switch because its cpu might be affected, and since some guys announced that the new exploit will work in every firmware

>inject GBC game intopokémon-style VC
>play normally
>save
>play a few more hours
>create a savestate
>save normally and turn the console off
>console crashes, laugh it off and turn it off
>play again
>I'm at the very first save
>load the savestate again
>try saving again
>every time I try to close the game normally or bring up the VC menu the console crashes
>now I can only progress through savestates
Whew, there's no way I'm unfucking this, right?

Because
>paying
>for
>piracy

So? You don't get consoles for free, unless your name is Tyrone and you have white friends to steal from. IOW you're always paying for piracy you dumb cunt nigger.

In the a9lh era a gatememe was a shotgun wedding, leaving through the little window in the gents is not an option, the card stays or the 3ds dies.

So? Not like you're going to be putting real games in ever again.

>announced that the new exploit will work in every firmware
AHAHAHAHA, A9LH all over again

>buying a console means paying for piracy

>underage
fucking 12 year olds never chipped something in their life

probably can't solder for shit

>Discover Gal*Gun
Now I want a vita, and this is the only place anyone cares about them anymore.
Anything to know, other than 3.6.0 for piracy, and fuck everything if Gal*Gun needs newer?

you good, runs on .60

There's been a PC port too, if you don't want to buy a Vita.

If you're on the right firmware, it's extremely easy. Play a sound file, laugh at the 3DS while it freaks out, and then run some programs.

No news about the Super Slim thing?

Why is everybody in the homebrew scene a trannie, a faggot or simply a dramafag?

Backup your save and reinstall the cia. Check for errors on a PC first.

My ps2 won't turn on when I plug it in. It's been stored away for quite a while but I'm assuming it's a power supply problem.
I'm trying to find test points in the board to check the village but I haven't been able to find them online do any of you happen to have a schematic for it?

Get on with the times, paying for piracy isn't necessary anymore and avoided by anyone with half a brain. Maybe you're too old for this shit.

>checks gameplay
>It's another quick crash grab for horny weebs

nintendolife.com/news/2018/01/cpu_exploits_meltdown_and_spectre_could_potentially_affect_nintendo_switch

Do we know if any Switch hackers are looking into the potential for Meltdown/Spectre as a means of achieving control?

At least post the model

Most of the devs are none of those things, you think that's the case because the few who are are so fucking loud they overshadow anything else even if they're completely irrelevant.

Let's say you have to be kinda "different" to wanna hack some kids video game. The same thing applies to the emulation scene.

What I was saying is that the savestate is what's fucked up.
I could continue normally with the previous normal save (I assume) but then I'd lose over half of my progress.
And I guess that if I tried to tweak the cia with some different options (like using the regular emulator instead of the link-enabled one) then the savestate would glitch out even more (or be outright incompatible).

>The Homebrew Launcher announced for February 1st. It won't work past 3.0.0.
So what does this mean in relation to the Xecuter product?
Will you still not be able to use the Homebrew Launcher past 3.0.0 even if you have it hacked with the Xecuter thing?

theyre two different things
The homebrew launcher is the moralfag 'scene' userland exploit, which is 3.0.0 only , and xceuter is a modchip for any firmware which actually allows piracy.

hbl will probably work with the xecuter product in some way unless the devs go full moralfag and break it on all firmwares past 3.0.0

>going to sites like nintendolife for homebrew news

Too early to say, but it should theoretically be possible to get the HBL to work on Xecuter's thing if they open the entire system like they claim

My ps2(model 39001) won't turn on when I plug it in. It's been stored away for quite a while but I'm assuming it's a power supply problem.
I'm trying to find test points in the board to check the village but I haven't been able to find them online do any of you happen to have a schematic for it?

I go there for Nintendo news. Technically this isn't a homebrew thing; it's just about Nvidia discussing their answer to Meltdown/Spectre.

christ i need a tokyo mirage sessions dump.
all i can find anywhere is the h3/app/titles format and theres no way to convert it

Just use Wii U USB Helper
gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/

Can I hack a wiiU if it's firmware is over 5.5.2 or I'm done for?

i did, it gave me the same folder full of h3/app files and the three title things

i can install that sure, but i need the dump/loadline format to patch the decensor stuff

I'm not sure about the USB helper but I believe nus grabber can let you download it decrypted

yes

Good
Can I know how or if there's a link that explains how?

ill try in a bit, thanks

Whatever happened to that PS3 hack on latest fw, and what were the limitations for super slim?

>patch the decensor stuff
but pre-patched versions of the game already exists, why do you want to do it yourself?

i mean this
gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/

and i meant this
wiiuiso.com/showthread.php?t=391044 (eur)
wiiuiso.com/showthread.php?t=391045 (usa)

I downloaded that first and thats where i got the link to the patch i linked.

Theres 129 rar files that when extracted just become the same encrypted bundle i mentioned before.

Thus i'm here asking if anyone knows where i can get a decrypted/dump/loadline format or whatever that has the "code, content, and meta" folders, which the linked patch guide says you must have in order to apply the patch.

as I explained in the last thread
(not sure if this will link to it but its archived) there isnt any way to convert the encrypted folder those links give into the needed decrypted/dump/loadline format

Read the OP

You can convert Wii U USB helper downloaded games to Loadiine format with the USB helper application.

Pretty sure you can convert from USB helper into loadiine format. It's the same option you'd use to prepare it for emulation or w/e?

ill try

Hey I got a question. I have a modded o3ds xl and I’m thinking about upgrading to either the new 3ds so I can play smash without it chugging. I know I’ll probably need to get a flash cart to mod the new one but does anyone know if the gateway card would work? I didn’t see it mentioned in the pastebin so probably not, but it’s just gathering dust and pissing off, I spent decent money on it only for it to become obsolete within a year. I’m also think about getting a vita and missing that but I see a lot of talk online about OLED vs LCD, can anyone redpill me on that?

sorry my man because i'm obviously retarded but
why do you want to apply the patch yourself if what i gave you ( ) is the already patched game?

not the official patch, if you check the link i provided people made a patch to remove all forms of "censoring" like adding back in the japanese costumes, references to gravure, etc.

maybe i dont know enough about the history of the game but i doubt this is stuff they added/changed in an official patch (if you are referring to the official patch)

if youre saying youre link has the patch, that would be weird because that forum post specifically says to go to the place i linked to apply the patch

>people made a patch to remove all forms of "censoring" like adding back in the japanese costumes, references to gravure, etc.
Exactly, and the games linked here ( ) are already patched with this same patch.

Noice, thanks, I'll keep watching for your stuff

Those editions are recent, but the original models haven't been updated in a while

What suggests that it already has that patch? It doesn't seem explicitly stated one way or the other

Yeah, when first implemented it wasn't worth it for the end user, but now seems really useful

Use another VC game to inject to, Pokemon VC releases have some other shit going on and don't allow savestates

It didn't work on super slim or later slim models
But it works perfectly on every other PS3

It seems pretty explicit to me user

That's a slippery cunt if I ever met one.
Any future for those models or are we balls out muffed?

Ah. I should have specified that I was using NTR savestates. My NTR svaestate is what's fucked up and, after loading it, will crash the console whenever I try to close the game or open the VC menu.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have gone for the pokemon VC when I'll hardly, if ever, use the link functionality.

You can do a system transfer. Read the guide carefully
They are working on some kind of Homebrew enabler for those models, will work like the CFW on PSP 3000

Link functionality wouldn't work anyway, it's was implemented just for pokemanz, nothing else will work

Ah nice. Thanks lad.

But the injecting application has an option to patch the games to allow them to use the link cable stuff.
On second thought, this very thing might be partially to blame for this situation.

thats highly ambiguous but i'll take your word for it

Okay, so Letterbomb isn't showing up in the Wii message board. Did I get on this too late? I made sure the date and mac address were correct like twice and even scrolled through YEARS worth of dates but to no avail

>friend recently got a Switch and BotW
>he updated
>i just told him about Switch Homebrew on Feb 1st
>he’s locked out, while my system sits on 3.0.0 firmware
Feels good to be a waitfag, but I also feel bad for him.

How do you cope in life if you find that ambiguous?

Do you use the ladies toilet if you're wearing a long coat?