Topical OP image Edition

News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_BZANgXW8tU&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I REALLY hope that the next XCOM game doesn't have the same stupid pod activation mechanic.

By far the most unfun mechanic in the series

free roaming enemies would be literally the exact same shit

>next game won't contain shit
Jake will never fix his game.

don't let the resistance die

now that's better

pistols are useful

T-They are r-right?

The sky is blue, death to aliens, pistols are useful

sky above is blue
death upon all aliens
pistols are useful

oldcom power armor is fugly

Do people really savescum in XCOM? What's the fucking point? Just turn down the difficulty if you're getting your ass handed to you

I do when I do something stupid like press the wrong key

It's ok when you are learning the game, but the majority of players never move past that phase.

I savescummed during my first playthrough, since I was trying to find figure out things and experimenting with things. (Turns out that claymore+grenade is awesome but 2 claymores do damage as if it was only one)

You can always go back

I can shot down Battleship witch firestor laser cannon, when they go to my ass r-right ? Yeah, and my home Satellite is dead. And how many time I have ?

Usually base assaults happen in the 3rd or 4th week in my experience. Typically before or just after terror attacks and other big threats.

Just finished playing my first run of Xcom 2 and now I have the WotC DLC. Are there any mods I should pick up?

But how do you know that the sky is blue when you always see the battlefield from a topdown weiv.

I strongly advise you stick with the consequences. I blew a mission, lost 3 captains and 2 majors all because of a simple miss click but I stuck with it and the end of the campaign was so fucking satisfying I legitimately got a boner

revolvers are nice
handguns have utility
pistols are useful

>set up a Reaper cleanup with my Templar
>kills off everyone except one last Purifier I distance myself from
>Purifier starts running towards me but nowhere near
>Bladestorm activates
>Templar somehow rends him from like 8-9 tiles away
>explodes as they do
>Templar takes 5 damage somehow
>it was the last enemy alive so mission completes
>mfw 26 days recovery

pistols are useless

Because I keep forgetting equipping my soldiers

yes I'm sure that one time I pressed run n gun instead of overwatch it would have made the game so much more fun and satisfying.

I have a fucked up mouse and I need to get a new one, but it keeps double-clicking when I only click once. Causes a lot of random fire and sometimes grenades being thrown at your feet.

Makes playing on Ironman impossible. I go Bronzeman instead, saving in between missions.

>grenade at your feet
Why don't you press the hotkey for it then?

I'm getting used to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=_BZANgXW8tU&t=0s

spiderman will never allow it

ayyy, looking good. Just need the movement animation sped up/ more responsive.

>ironman
>one of those resistance outposts being attacked missions
>first time on this playthrough I see a Berserker
>activates at the end of my turn so they get a full attack before I do
>knocks unconscious my three best soldiers
>other two get killed by muton's
>one soldier left, she's the rookie I occasionally bring along to level up
>manages to solo kill around 10 enemies with only two health left
we failed the mission because all civilians died but if it wasn't for her I would have been set back so far I would have considered restarting. She also solo'd the warlock chosen on a future mission, best girl.

Impressive. Post best girl
>knocks unconscious my three best soldiers
how?

Does War of the Chosen offer anything more than the 3 chosen? Beyond the faction stuff, Lost and soldier Bonds. I've killed them all, they seemed like pushovers.

>Does War of the Chosen offer anything more, besides the rest of the content
Well when you say it like that, I suppose not.

I'm away from my PC at the moment, she was just a randomly generated one anyway, nothing significant. I got incredible unlucky with one stun lancer, he knocked unconscious one, then the berserker got another in one turn. After that they all fell like dominoes with the berserker knocking out another afterwards.

the tracks need to move period

Shame, I don't think the soldier bonds and the faction stuff really warrants the price. The Lost and the three new classes are cool but I feel as though there should be a bit more.

$40 for:
>3 new shitty edgy classes
>3 humanoid generic Saturday-morning villain boss enemies
>4 new humanoid enemies
>bond system and quirk system aka we want the darkest dungeon audience
>more le random game events to make the game look more "deep"
>new meme shit like propaganda posters for the Reddit audience

Anyone who buys this $40 DLC needs to commit suicide.

The other content is all the map and missions types added which were very substantial and the the mechanic reworks with willpower which substantially shakeup the formula. It's a pretty large expansion, maybe $40 was too much, but it certainly isn't worth less than a $30 dollar price point. Larger than EW was.

One, fuck you there's plenty of good stuff in the expansion.

Two, bought it on a sale.

Get yourself an exit bag and get it over with.

>responding to shitty bait
Don't do it user

I tried to, but I'm really not enjoying Bore of the Chosen
>Hey kids, did you like that annoying rng death timers? Have 3 more on me
>le quirky alien personalities with witty banter
>these alien chosen straight from alien home world speak perfect English
>not even as strong as launch rulers, what the fuck?

Snore of the Chosen doesn't even properly incorporate itself into the story. It feels like a fucking mod. Also the trailer was so misleading

>THEE IS PROBLEM COMMANDER, THEY CAN BE SO GOOD TOGETHER BUT THEY HATE EACH OTHER

>Skirmishes and Reapers become friends after one fag saves another lol friends for life bro it's okay no problem that swayed both factions wholly

>they all hate each other
>Templars have no interaction with or show no disdain for the others
>?

>you can recruit them all, instead of making each more in-depth with a story so it can be interesting for multiple playthroughs.

Nope.

Chore of the Chosen just vomits a bunch of fucking bullshit all over your screen like a sloppy joe made of vomit and diarrhea.

I know you fags will ignore me because
>lol shitposter n-nothings wrong It's Xcom Baby! xD

but you know it's fucking true. And I don't want to hear shit from you long war fags (you play long war because you have such short dicks you compensating dark souls fags)

You fags can eat a dick with your forced epic "masochism I need everything to be impossible for me but I'll never try to succeed in Life"

Yes I am fucking mad. I am disappointed and boiling like a fucking pot of boiling water

Fuck Whore of the Chosen

nobody should have a problem voicing criticisms with shitty games like the Firaxis XCOMs, the only people defending them at this point are losers in denial and complete casual retards

>I swear it was me I was just pretending to be retarded I swear
keep running damage control for bore of the chosen, keep insisting your consolized shit series (that doesn't even fucking sell at all on consoles) is worth a damn

>these alien chosen straight from alien home world speak perfect English
Actually, they're humans that were transformed by the Elders.

> And I don't want to hear shit from you long war fags (you play long war because you have such short dicks you compensating dark souls fags)

When will you learn user

>can only refute ONE thing
i fucking love this. nu-com cocksuckers are increasingly exposed as a tiny loud minority desperately trying to shill their piece of shit bore of the chosen despite all signs pointing to it tanking. how does it feel you shitsucking nu-males, that everybody is getting tired of your casual piece of shit games?
>s-shut up dumb boreposter!
the boreposter is the only one that's sane here

I have a long dick and play long war

feels good desu

>first time coming to x-com general
>see this
Is it normally like that around here?

You just have these pastas saved in a text document somewhere? Why?

No, it's been pretty quite for months

It's just one asshole who shows up at least once every two weeks

m8 that's pasta from like 3 months ago

xcom is just a boring corridor shooter where you walk through hallways to areas where they send waves of generic enemies at you and you do the same shit over and over and over. So glad this strategy series dropped all that shit to become the most boring fps of all time. Such a great rip off

>20,000 challenge score has been deposited into your 2k account

Does anyone actually play multiplayer? I forget it even exists most off the time.

Nope, not really. Just a few matches specifically to get the achievement. It's pretty fun, but you have to disable all your mods and there is never an online match to join, so people don't bother.

You're the ACfag of XCom 2, if you're this angry over an expansion then stop playing and stop coming here, you'll never be a meme nor liked.

>weiv
Why did you write it backwards?

expansion? EXPANSION?

haha this shit is fucking robbery I can't believe 2k and firaxshit can get away with this

oh wait I can because you cockseuckers will swallow all the cum you get from daddy jake

oh yes daddy jake give me more bland boring shitfests with humanoid enermies alpha strike power creep edgy alien hunters memeshit reddit BORE OF THE FUCKING CHOSEN

thank you daddy jake!!!!!111

this shit is fucking hilarious

Played some matches with a friend, shit was thrilling. Heard a lot of times that multiplayer is dead though.

No it wouldn't, getting spotted by a single enemy and being able to ambush stragglers without activating pods would make strategy way more rewarding.

their buddies would 100% guaranteed also notice you if the AI was remotely competent

pods just cut out the middleman

New XCOM has more tactical depth than old x-com. I just don't see why people think removing the pod system would improve the game if you think about it for a bit.

they're just retards who move one tile too far and think "oh if only the pods weren't a thing I'd be OK :^))))))"

You kno you're only showing that you're trying way too hard with the overdramatic wording and reddit spacing.

and YET YOU KEEP FUCKING REPLYING

>bullet hits a gas pipe
>game resumes five minutes later

is this xpiratez?

So xcom 3 is gonna be terror of the deep right? Will I finally be able to play underwater Xcom again?

Yeah, an old version.

possibly

my money is on XCOM apoc+water

Mixed with Apoc, yeah I think so.

>aliens have mutant sea anemone units that seize soldiers in their tentacles and slowly swallow them voer the course of two turns, can free them by killing the thing, if completely devoured and one more turn apsses the soldier is dead

Yespleasethankyou

>vore
No

Chryssalids were originally going to be able to eat soldiers. They removed it since they could move around and it would be too strong, the anemone would sit in one spot and act as an ambusher so devouring soldiers wouldn't be OP for it. Don't fight it, you know you'd like to watch your female soldiers be held in tentacles and slowly slurped down

>Chryssalids were originally going to be able to eat soldiers.
Source such a claim. I don't believe that's true, Pic related was originally going to eat soldiers (thank God it didn't make it).
>rest of post
No

>Changed my mind halfway through my comment on what pic I was going to post
Pffffffffffft hahaha

I would a Shen desu

Made something special for you guys.

>they actually sent a terror ship and an assault carrier to the same destination
>terror ship ended up retreating
hahaha

Anything is OK as long as Carter makes his return.

What's this about?

Didn't turn out the way I wanted exactly but it's nice enough. I'll make more if you want thm.

The nefarious spider-man is the bane of all dedicated modders, seeking to drive them from their already precarious state of mental health to insanity.

I mean the sniper rifle part

would sneak aboard the Avenger and mate with many times

Wrath of the Chosen modifies the Darklance to use 2 AP for both the Hunter and XCOM.

She's very promising crit scout, but got wounded for 40 days. Should I chop her? I don't have good mecs yet.

Eh, turns out I already have a comparable scout. Chop chop.

Too bad, she probably wanted to be a MEC more.

Tempting... Pathfinder is great I might chop her too.

>early game betastrike
>wow this is fun! fights are longer and messier!
>chosen warlock lair betastrike
>advent purifiers spawning every round and preventing me from hurting the fucking obleisk since they need more than 1 turn to die
i love xcom but that was the most tedious thing i ever expierienced

pathfinders are my mec of choice mid to late game

I make up for the lack of lightning reflexes with psi bangs usually