/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with an alleged bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd on a Japanese Capcom stream, also releaving Teostra, Kushala Daora, and a new elder dragon.
youtube.com/watch?v=A1YcjzUomLs
↳Third Fleet Trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Paris Trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for CHADjang

First for XENO'JIIVA IS ALIUM

MHW honts soon! Yay!

I'm excited for World and nobody can stop me.

>this guy slaps your girlfriend's ass

What do?

First for fuck you

I'm not really excited for World anymore since it will be mostly old monsters.

XENO'JIVA
__NO_JI_VA
JI_NO_VA

JENOVA

AYYY LMAO

That's right, and you *Bends you over* can't stop THIS
*Unzips dick*

Citra (for XX)/CEMU online WHEN?

das gay

ABSOLUTE EVA-
oh wait

kill him and wear his hide as a tokusatsu cosplay

4u for citra when?

>not buying a PS4 and spending 8 months watching gaijin "beat my life like it's a monster" hunter
too pathetic for words

Reminder: Ignore Nintendo sour grapes and false flaggers.

It already works with two people only

Pizza

But I only get 5 fps in town!

Use a chinese build with netplay integrated. I get max frames on both XX and 4U.

OKAY SO REPOSTING BECAUSE THE THEORY IS TOO TIDY

>Xeno'jiiva is the final boss of the game
>Based on the name, it's an alien
>We know the game is focused on a migration of Elder Dragons
>Game is called Monster Hunter WORLD

The final boss of the campaign will be Xeno'jiiva. It's a cosmic monster that's trying to destroy or invade our planet's ecosystem. Elder Dragons already know to migrate and defend the planet from foreign organisms and are migrating to intercept Xeno'jiiva. Zorah Magdaros is one of these Elders. We're gonna kill or repel Magdaros and then finally realize why it and other Elders are migrating. We'll be forced to fight off Xeno'jiiva on our own.

The game's doubling down on ecology. It's all about ecosystems. The big twist at the end will be that our WORLD is just one part of an even larger cosmic ecosystem.

Also another reminder: Director is a huge Godzilla fan. He even said Godzilla inspired the design of Zorah Magdaros. King Ghidorah has been a space monster multiple times in Godzilla's history.
Xeno'jiiva will be a three headed golden space dragon of some kind and will be the King Ghidorah to Magdaros' Godzilla.

>Based on the name, it's an alien
Go back to /v/
With your kid logic gore should have been a meatwad

>elder dragons are trying to prevent a bad thing
>we fuck them up
>oh shit, we should not have done that
>we fuck xenojiva up because its the right thing
>hehe, XD, good job, hunter, as your handler i'm very proud of you, lets marry and have tons of children
GOTY

user. Xeno is unmistakable. There's no argument to be had. We even know that Zorah Magdaros is traveling towards a star in the sky.

And no, by my logic, Gore would have to be very scary and dangerous.

If the elders are collectively gathering to stop an alien threat, why are they fighting each other? Where does Nergigante fall into the mix, whose theme suggests he is an elder dragon bully?

Your theories suck.

Gore magala confirmed to be ikea furniture made of meat

>If the elders are collectively gathering to stop an alien threat
It's not collective. Elders just know there's a threat.
>why are they fighting each other?
Because they're animals.

seeGore's name implies power and danger. Xeno's name implies that he's from space or at least from very far away.

nah, dude, the star might be just a way for them to gather for something big, like they did to find jesus in that bible fairy tale book

>Monster Hunter IN SPACE
Besides I'm betting Bazelgeuse is stronger than Xeno'jiiva

I really hope the character creation features for MHW don't let players down.

I just want to create a beautiful huntress for once who looks like pic related.

not again
PLEASE SPARE THE THREAD

They're animals, not a bunch of desert scholars from noble houses.

I don't know about that, but if you'll allow me a 3U comparison to make a point: it's possible it's something like Ceadeus = Xeno'jiiva and Dire Miralis = Bazelheuse

>Xeno is a space resking of Yama

I'm afraid that I'm not the reddit kid trying to get upvotes for his deepest lore.

>tfw MHW is casual shit but nu-hunters who never got into real MH will laud it

Sigh
Another franchise down the drain it seems

This is as bad as the lore theorizing that goes on in Souls threads.

So have the Souls babbies finally infected MH threads? I can't wait for people to complain about MH's gameplay because they expected it to play like Souls.

Why is World being casual such a bad thing?
Isn't more people being able to get into the game great?

Always thought MH looked a bit clunky and repetitive but I saw that Kalameet-looking motherfucker in the trailer. That's straight up a DS-tier boss.
If the combat isn't as clunky as before and a little more smooth like DS then I think I'm in, lads.

I remember these kinds of posts when Tri launched

>So have the Souls babbies finally infected MH threads?
They've been here since 3U, that's when most people found out about the EDW concept and started spamming it everywhere and talking unironically about the dragon wars.

MHW is a poor dark souls clone anyway

No? In what world is it good that the game is being casualized and casual shitstains from Reddit and elsewhere are now flocking to it?

Why would you even ask why MH being casual is a bad thing. What in the actual fuck man.

An alien boss is cool, but the elder dragons defending Earth is way too sci-fi for MH.

Monster Hunter is the Dark Souls of third person action games.

>That's straight up a DS-tier boss.
>Dark Souls invented creepy dragons

Another day, another stupid Soulsfag comment.

P3rd was casual af but still very fun.

>Not bothering editing the minor details

user, you clearly don't understand how Kaiju culture figures into Monster Hunter. Monsters like Godzilla and Gamera have been fighting off Space Monsters for decades. It's a beloved Kaiju film tradition.

Even though the game is supposed to feel "grounded", they don't see it as strickly realistic or serious. Ryozo himself says it's a 10/10 level of silliness.

Dark Souls is the reason MH even has a chance in the west. Respect your western world forefathers.

Do you think the next beta will be for every PS4 user again, or just for PS+ users, like the first one?

>monster hunter is the phantasy star online of dark souls

>shit art
>shit english
>doesn't even make sense
Why even bother not only making this shitty thing but posting it three times already?

Is it time to post THAT again?

P3rd was just casual because monsters didn't do enough damage, but their behaviors were intact, so all you had to do was just not upgrade your armor's defense.
Nothing can fix World's slow ass, dumb ass monsters.

So PS4 and PC will keep getting the western games starting with World and Switch will continue the normal MH as a handheld line?

But what is the dark souls of dark souls?

Normally generals are less shitty the less people are here, but /mhg/ is an exception, can't wait for release to drown out all the shitposting.

Hopefully MH5/6 is on all consoles just to kill the shitposting.

I can't get enough of this battle version of Driven by the Stars.

Can someone please help me hunt a high rank yian garuga in monster hunter 4 ultimate?

I remember these kinds of posts when gen launched as well.
I also remember people trying to make tier lists out of demos and people constantly thinking "Guys, GL is good this time around!"

You guys are memeing but as an onlooker to MH for years now it's clear that Dark Souls really refined the combat formula. Removed the clunk, added weapon and build variety and focused on play control and smoothness.

I don't know why MH fans are so fucking hostile about this fact. MHW is clearly benefiting heavily from the Dark Souls-esque control and animation changes and art design, yet you fucks throw a shitfit over it because it's similar to one of the best series in gaming?

Bloodborne

all those times evading zinogres breakdance attack just by flailing at his ass

It'll die down, just like how anti-Bloodborne and anti-Bayonetta 2 posting from sour grapes died down eventually. It'll take a while, but it'll happen.

You get nothing

Other worlds and dragons defending Earth is just stupid. It's silly, but it doesn't fit MH at all.
A primordial Elder Dragon that is coming from the sky, and the other Elders are attracted to him? That would be cool af.

If all future MH titles will be like MHW then I'm out, MH is done for me. Clearly Capcom no longer cares for me and would rather have some braindead casuals as customers. So be it.

MH came first but you have to be deluded to think it went anywhere in the west. Souls literally brought high difficulty action to western mainstream audiences so you have to respect the groundwork Souls did in the very least

World is 5 you ding dong.

twitlonger.com/show/n_1spuvtg

Bye.

>Dragon's Dogma is Dark Souls of fantasy RPG
I thought that was Dark Souls.

X was 5

It's not 5 if it's not on nintendo

I don't care what some literal who PR man says but on the off chance that world is 5 I added in that 5/6 right there for good measure. See it? Right there, just look a little harder sweetie.

>Xeno'jiiva will be a three headed golden space dragon of some kind

>Souls literally brought high difficulty action to western mainstream audiences

>You now realize the loading screens can't save you from Deviljho

Dark Souls isn't an RPG, it's action-adventure.

>Clearly Capcom no longer cares for me
>ME

He's not entirely wrong. Even if Souls games AREN'T truly difficult, that's how they are perceived.
I definitely think Dark Souls ended up making it mainstream in the west with people treating it as some kind of gamer cred badge if you could prove you beat souls games or whatever.

user...

>Other worlds and dragons defending Earth is just stupid
Sorry user, but it's a thing Kaiju do and if you can't see how Monster Hunter especially Elder Dragons fits into the wider umbrella of "Kaiju", then I can't help you.

your opinion doesn't really matter. the evidence stands in contradiction.

Yes. Zorah Magdaros is Godzilla and Xeno'jiiva will be a three headed golden space dragon like King Ghidorah.

Deviljho is the one that needs saving from me

He's right though. Regardless, the average Soulsfag probably already forgot about the games and will praise any slightly punishing game in the future as Souls-like.
Jho has always been a joke unless if you were new in Tri.

looks like they're tailoring the beta for japan this time around

Speedrun/Solo 140 GQ proofs?????

>Consolechads get all spring long to get ready for the summer parties and all the sunlit bikini chicks
>PC gets to the beach only after the season is already over and the party is long gone

>Dark Souls isn't an RPG,

Hopefully they tailor the fucking game around japan instead of the west.

>you create your character
>you level it up
>you can even roleplay if you are autistic enough
>isn't RPG
???