EVE Online General - /eog/

720mm Howitzer Artillery II Edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK for PLEXing?
Training 5M of a selection of 20M SP is actually F2P now (as well as the full amount of the already-trained latter). The skills listing is here:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/clone-states-the-next-steps/

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions. They give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the (outdated) /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/yr1SsqMm

>Focus Group Logs:
focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Currently:
>EVE Online: Arms Race
>updated F2P
>Daily Alpha Injectors
updates.eveonline.com/

Past:
>EVE Online: Lifeblood:
updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-10-24/
>Alpha ships re-balanced.. minigames, moonmining, refineries, and more!
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid, pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true).

>previous thread

First for Amarr Victor.

Ratting payouts are garbage. Etsy, eBay, and cheap, college garage sales are a thing for flipping stuff and simple money.

Memo that SP density is the best propagation for industry and engagements.

not an argument

>amarr

Availability is the basis/foundation for everything actionable -- income, ships undocked, marketing hubs established, corporations being powerful enough for interest in sov..

not an argument with that few punctuations

>>>/global/rules/6

>>>/dror/

>retarded americans log in and start shitting up comms

>being in a shit corp

>Availability is the basis/foundation for everything actionable -- income, ships undocked, marketing hubs established, corporations being powerful enough for interest in sov..

>SP density correlation with number of ships undocked found!
I really want to see that study now.

how hard would it be to make a drorpost generator

Just make it spit out random, unintelligible posts with some Eve terms thrown in. No one would be able to tell the difference.

>skill urself

It is correlative. There are multiple demographics:

>Fresh.. where experiences are based on whenever their playing starts

>Shelved the gameplay (though it's possible letting them in on something that's fresh -- potentially manual piloting, or what generally comes through accessing all of the sandbox)

>Shelved the SP..

>Still playing and fine with getting the full options

>Still playing, but enjoys being OP in contrast with any interest in even playing fields (which are scientifically claimed as helpful to multiple aspects of games, even MMOs)

The first 4 are obviously benefited by their character being efficient and autonomous. This correlates with interest, ISK available for niches, and thus a trending toward PCU density (as well as its correlatives).

The lattermost is based on some percentage of a few hundred thousand subs per month. Leading science estimates that this grouping is subjected to finding interest in the basics/reasonability of having options and efficacy as well.

>FC says no

>dror posting

>fc says no
>bring it anyways

Fleet, disengage and warp to the safe they got a bellicose.

>nobody bothers showing up to the roam

What is SP density?

>click a link
>it's for the eve wiki

Don't engage dror.

>SISI supposedly glitched.. showing some effects on ships

Meanwhile, the Megathron's characterization..

>tried to run a DED 5/10 last night
>brick tanked hurricane kept melting
>so did the gila
>paranoid the whole time because it's lowsec even though it's empty
>looking for fits, recomended battleship and T3C only
>most fits 1-1.5B
I just wanted to do this one site for the fun of it and hopefully from the rush of getting cool loot.

I think it's his retarded way of saying that training times should be reduced, the faster players gain access to the stuff the faster they can use said stuff and interact with the game.

Too bad there's next to no game to interact with.

X—type explosive shield hardeners are criminally cheap if you find yourself doing angels.

..E.g., SP amounts for active characters, averaged.

>gila
>melting

???

>reduced
..Nullified.

There's plenty of stuff. It's possible having lots of happening with lots of SP, as well -- e.g., dec'ing large corporations.

shitfit

>reduced
..Nullified.

There's plenty of stuff.

Dust 514 PC port when?

Why would you want to play Dust 514 when you could play CCP's latest, greatest installment in the New Eden Universe: Eve: Valkyrie, user?

kys

>drod

nobody is going to read any of that

I think I’m addicted to this game.

I played from 2008-2014 and just got back into it over the holidays.

So far I’ve spent the past 3-ish weeks playing 12hr stretches basically every day and over the weekends I was snorting massive amounts Adderall so I could stay up all night, then drinking whole bottles of Jack Daniels to fall asleep. I think my longest binge so far has been 52hrs of nonstop ratting and hopping from one fleet to the next anytime I got a ping.

This game is going to be my downfall, holy shit I need to get help for my addictive personality because this is really really bad.

And no, I’m not trolling. I go to university and have a girlfriend. She just thinks I’ve been working these past few weeks when in reality I’ve just been living as a literal addict playing this fucking game.

>Competence
Only relevant for level V arguments which is veteran player territory and when coupled with loss of sunken cost will yield net negative. (-)
>Autonomy
SP point of entry for EVE mechanics is very low. If this is your goal then your main culprit is ISK. Nevertheless this would have a positive impact. (+)
>Relatedness
Negative synergy with removal/reduction of SP as people spread thinner into niches. (--)

Overall effect of SP removal on EVE 'PENS' estimation: Highly negative (--)
Source: provided in the thread, pages 7-14
Suggested course of action: Tone down points of entry (i.e. no level V prerequisites for T2), leave everything else be. SP system is more positive than negative especially now that it's made the #1 monetization point.

How does removing SP spread people thinner into niches?

Imagine if everyone gained SP at 10x the normal rate. Would this impact the game positively, or negatively, and why?

>How does removing SP spread people thinner into niches?
With no SP people can do what they want right off the bat and immediately do the niche they want to do.

Currently majority of the playerbase (>90%?) is stuck with shitty middle-of-the-way grinds before they get enough SP to do the niche they want.
Thanks to this, they meet other people and interact, resulting in feeling of relatedness.

If you remove that, then people spread thinner, and they no longer interact just as much.

This strategy is commonly known as timegating and is proven to be industry standard at mitigating dev times while keeping players in large enough groups that they interact meaninfully.

Competence is defined by mastering (e.g.) gameplay, which is only possible with options.

For autonomy, this specifically states that forced choices are demotivational, which combines with the stats from MMOs about this aspect being the most impactful on the listed outcomes, suggesting that the effects of SP are hugely negative (which is true).

Furthermore, ISK is a means to entertainment, but what's categorized into strong feelings comes to freedom, worth, and skillfulness.

For example, with relatedness, it's industrialization, efficiency, etc.; but it's obviously multiplaying the options by the skillfulness and taking them to sharing and competition.

The plausible results are increased effective advertisement and entertainment.

This might actually be the best argument for video games as art, because the more it tries to exploit the psychology of an ideal zombie, the less I'm interested in playing games.

>this specifically states
..Page 11, BTW.

But SP is such a negligible factor compared to having content to engage in. Most PvE content in EVE is shit, and having V in a skill won't suddenly make the bad content fun.

Someone wanna give this guy some psychological advice?

It goes into some other specifics, but..

>$875k/mo. (10.5M/y.) for 350k subscribers
..As well as the advertisement of being the sandbox that's described in stories, etc.

>negligible factor
No.

Wardecs wont just be a way of paying off the CONCORD mafia they said
Its a good mechanic they said
It will be fun the said

Without them it would be impossible to kill highsec citadels.

It was a cheap ass C2 Fit with 2 adaptive invulns and 2 large shield extenders. I'm somewhat allergic to spending isk.

That dosent make their current implementation good user. When wardecs were originally added many years ago CCP stated they were NOT meant to be a way of players in highsec paying off CONCORD, yet thats nearly the exclusive use of wardecs, that is, to pay off CONCORD primarily to harass new players in EVE. At least they finally added friendly fire options in corps now, half a decade too late if you ask me.

Will Smith has the sickest fade.

I'm not getting a VR headset anytime soon.

Is a confessor still a good PVE ship after the nerf?
I feel like I'm getting rekt by rats in 4-5/10 DED sites even when properly tanked, but it's a ton of fun running them.

Should I nope out and actually spend the money on a gila/VNI or, wallet forbid, rattlesnake?

>low dps ships
>good for pve

Show me a confessor fit that tanks the final room of 5/10

Gila does 4-5/10s pretty well.

Confessor is just so painfully slow. Gila/VNI are great, and rattlesnake could be a good choice for 6/10s if you know how to not get ganked.

They made it playable without VR a while back.

Dust is dead.

RIP Dust

Anyone have any info on high sec fuckeries such as suspect baiting? I hear you can kill mission runner and steal escalations loot, but I'm green and find any info or terms on it. The ability to profit would be great, and there seems to be endless risk adverse retards in the systems around jita.

This game is absolutely perfect to play while stoned off your tits.

why did they give alphas access up to BS, but still only a venture for mining? Not to shit on the venture...

Same reason they gave them shit production skills. To stop them destroying the econemy.

Because multiboxing miner fleets aren't worth it in ventures.

Economy is fucked anyway. Source: MER

ok i've just started 3 new alts, heading straight for mining rokhs
ill be expecting your tears when the market crashes due to this

In addition to the whole "economy and multiboxing" which both are quite valid, it also has to do with giving people the entry ships for each activity but no more than that.

Mining in a venture and Procurer isn't too different. It's basically the same thing except better in a barge.

Playing a Cruiser is not nearly the same thing as playing a BS, so they had to give people access to battleships so people can tast how that gameplay feels as well.

Some activities are wholly excluded of course but lot of them have the basic stuff there so you can try it

You would need several computers or VMs to run several alpha accounts at the same time. So as long as you cant run Eve on a Raspberry/similiar thing then they are fine

desu the angle 5/10 is kinda autism in gila because thanks to the npc target painters you are being hit too much with BSs because of your planet sized sig

Not him, but
>Dust was free
>Valkyrie during a sale costs more than 2 full paychecks

are you using 100mn ab?

>alliance pushes noobs into venture mining moon goo
lmao

Someones gotta mine it now that it comes from the moon drills.

>more than 2 full paychecks
There are people in this thread right now that are literally this poor. I think video games are the least of your problems.

best caldari ratting ships for noobs?

gila

why do you want to rat

what are you going to do with those earnings

you sound like a faggot

Break bunch of nullsec into lone systems that randomly connect into each other via wormholes. These wormhole connections could then be made permanent via player built stargate-like thingies. This way you could create your own 0.0 constellations or even small regions of handpicked systems with still having the risk of somebody coming and destroying your gates and fucking your little real up.

traing gayllente

>tfw goldfarming is actually a common profession here
I knew a guy that lived for years off RMTing what he mined Hulk dualboxing in HS.
Think he got banned as I don't see him any more. He lived off selling money in other games before, I'm sure he still does it just in a different game.