>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/gZXRqvPx
youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DS2 is better than 3

"dark" souls II"I

DS3 was made to appeal to the normie public like every other AAA game they inevitably end up dumbing it down

Does nioh take place before or after bloodborne?

Ds2 pvp > Ds3 pvp >DeS pvp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ds1 pvp
Gameplay wise?
Ds1/Ds3 > DeS >>>>Ds2

PVE
Pre-lordvessel DS1 > DS3 > Post-lordvessel DS1 > DS2

PVP

Tryhard DS1 > Casual DS3 > Casual DS1 > DS2 > Tryhard DS3

>le backstab ''''''tech''''''

Tryhard DS1 PvP is top? The one where the guy with worse ping wins by doing backstab from the front?
Go fuck yourself, user

>its another episode of "Ashen one tries to progress through Lothric castle"

nice webm of casual ds1 pvp

pastebin.com/gZXRqvPx

>that pvp ranking

Playing through artorias of the abyss for the first time and I can see what they were thinking with ds3
>wide open area
>boring level with muh shortcuts
>super angry corrupted knight boss
>boss and enemies all have autistic flailing attacks and are obnoxious as hell

haha yeah that's just DS1

also manus is a stupid nigger because he combines everything I fucking hate
>Muh dark and corrupted
>jumps around like a fucking monkey
>lame ass combo you can't escape once caught

>implying its not true

fear not the dark my friend
and let the feast begin

PARTAKE
PARTAKE
PARTAKE

"dark" souls 2

>tfw just making ds2 as dark as it was in the trailer would have made it enjoyable

Which DS covenant is the best in your opinion of any dark souls?
And why is it Darkwraith?

>>lame ass combo you can't escape once caught
Manus is one of the easiest bosses in DS1. They made him too easily predictable, and the combo is easily avoidable just by spamming dodge.

Knight Artorias was my second most difficult boss in the game, after Ornstein and Smough, but still nowhere near as annoying as even the minibosses from DS3. Something about DS3 AI in general, it's just bad, they're all equally obnoxious and annoying to fight.

that's gay and homosexual

based

So before I commit to doing this, is there anything I should know? I know that I should get all the Lothric Tome miracles before getting all of the dark ones, but beyond that I'm not going to irreversibly lock myself out of anyting important, right?

just shoot him with arrows from outside the fog if you really hate him

Thank you for your opinion, sherlock

>tfw no tiny gnaw that works like a farron dart

>implying it is

Darkmoon before it got gutted

just got this from the steam sale after playing through DS2 and DS1.

Took me like an hour to get past the first boss as assassin, jesus christ I am out of form.

Can anyone give me the rundown on what's changed from DS2? I noticed you no longer progressively lose max HP as you die, and I guess "enkindling" is the same as "humanity"?

That'd would make me an even bigger nigger, BUT FUCK THIS GUY HIS FUCI G RAGE COMBO IS FUCKING IMOIOSSIBEL TO DODGE FUKKK

kindling, humanity and hollowing were largely removed
you will start hollowing if you do something specific with an NPC whom you will meet soon

DaS3 is basically "Reskinned Bloodborne: Dark Souls 1 Edition." The mechanics are all much closer to DaS1 than to DaS2, except running on the Bloodborne engine. Learn to abuse rolls because they're the most broken form of dodging ever implemented in a Souls game. PvP is easier to get into because there are far less hoops to jump through.

Would a build using Demon's Scar be any good in the Catacombs? I need to make a character for this range and I've never used this weapon before.

>no dark souls anime
>no movie adaptation (animation and live action)
>no series adaptation
>no books adaptation

Not really, Demon's Scar is just a curved sword that deals purely fire damage. The only thing you've got going for you is that most people likely won't have high Str or Fai at that level so the R1 -> Black Flame combo will hurt like the dickens.

Table-top game.

Re: Zero is basically Dark Souls the Anime.

For real tho. MC dies like a retard until he finds a way to beat shit while being weak as fuck. Then he gets to the next save point (bonfire) and keeps progressing from there.

Dark Souls Monopoly when?

Go read Berserk.

What level is best for invading the Cathedral of the Deep?

>jesus christ I am out of form.
You're not, as you progress you'll notice the AI is just plain garbage. You'll have to use meme "tactics" like run power attacks while spamming M1, kick and two-handed shield throughout the whole game. Forget everything you learned in DS1/DS2 PvE-wise and start thinking like a brainlet, it's all pathetic fights there until you're ready for PvP.

After 15 attempts I finally defeated Iudex Gundyr by two-handing the shield, no damage taken. This is the level of PvE mechanics you'll encounter, the whole campaign is a meme.

>I noticed you no longer progressively lose max HP as you die
Dasrite.

>and I guess "enkindling" is the same as "humanity"?
They added this new "ember" thing, which is essentially humanity, except you don't go hollow anymore every time you die, you just lose your "Host of Embers" stat, that autistic ember effect on your character that allows you to summon people and be invaded.

That doesn't count, Guts has invulnerability cheat.

35-50

Any tips for roll catching in 3?

I got pretty good results at SL30+2, but you could probably go +4 since most people will upgrade to +3 by the time they get there, which could give you a weapon advantage.

Learn to press R1 right as or after they press the roll button.

Easy.
Just go play a different game where people can't roll all the way from Cemetery of Ash all the way to Firelink Shrine at the cost of a measly 1 stamina

good

What songs would you say best summarise each of the 3 Dark Souls games as a whole?

Re: Zero is a shitty waifu baiting horroresque shit and you should kill yourself for liking it.

It'd be okay. The problem is just low level magic. Your main advantage as a twink is giant fucking 720 orange estus flasks, followed by rings that add SL. You likely won't have enough att to contain a full blue flask, and each one you add is one less flask of orange. On top of that, sorcery just demands a shitton of ringslots. It's okayish around 60+6 though, and nukefag builds will do okay at any level if the host stands still enough (i.e. is retarded). Catacombs is probably fine though.

To forget about it if your opponent is actually trying to dodge. Don't trick yourself into thinking its a way to do anything more than catch button mashers. Human reaction speed is about half a straightsword swing, I'm pretty sure only curved sword kicks and thrust sword R1s couldn't be dodged on sight (and I'm not sure if that's still true of thrust R1s).

Don't underestimate jump attacks though; reacting on time doesn't mean shit if you misreact/misidentify the incoming attack and roll early. Same goes for shit like greatclub R2s. If you force your opponent to stop and check each incoming attack, you're adding to their effective reaction time.

I never have mentioned that I liked it in any way but it still resembles Dark Souls in some way.

Post your favourite soundtrack from any DS series

Gwyn's theme, no contest

can i fight this guy
what should i do

Please respond ;_;

Snipe his tits in.
That or be brave and try and fist his anus.

read the item description of what you just picked up then look around the map and use your brain

Go into the staircase below and take pokes at his face when he's stuck and can't get in. If you're feeling brave, sneak behind him once he fails to charge down the stairs and stab him in the asshole

oh
I like the way you think
so should I throw the skull in the small fire?

you already defeated 2 bosses with the same technique

Yeah. Or you could use yourself as bait and stand behind it. Tickling his prostate with your broadsword is also not a bad idea.

I always just baited him into the fire by the stairs

Are the Blessed mail breaker and Friede's scythe any good?

You can always give the dark miracle tomes to Karla and keep what's her face

Praise the Sun enough and turn him with your lightning into barbecue

How dead is DS1/DS2 PvP? I wanna do some souls PvP but don't want to touch the dumpster fire that is DS3 PvP.

>Blessed
No. That shit only works on LKGS and DSA.

>Friede's
Debatable. It's largely a meme weapon and sucks in duels.

I'm fully aware of that, but I'm going this path because I want to kill Dancer early and get the Lothric Tome for the early game. Plus this will be my first time actually going this way with Irina, so I don't know what to expect.

Are you looking for duels or real invasions?

If you enjoy playing vs laggy fuckers with Mom's mask who are going to rub you with their wewees until they get backstab then DS1 is for you, no idea about 2nd one
Finding a decent human is hard

DS1>DS2>DeS>BB>Lords of the Fallen>The Surge>DS3

They're still kickin'.

Stab it in the ass or use lightning.

FUCKING DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
i stabbed his asshole like you told me and than my attacks bounced off him and i got burned in the fire
he died right after

This is correct but its unfair to split DS1 into pre and post lordvessel without splitting 3 into DLC and base game content. 2's DLC was definitely better than post lordvessel 1.

Is there a game that is optically similar to dark souls but with a decent pvp?

Why do people shit so much on past lordvessel PVE? Duke's Archives is my 2nd favorite area in the entire fucking game. (1st being the Undead Burg-Parish, etc)

If he died he should stay dead though.
Don't get too mad about dying. Dying will happen lots, if you get upset over dying or losing your souls you won't make it far.

Yea, direct attacks against his armor will bounce off unless it's something big like a Zweihander or a Strike weapon like a Mace or Morning star

That's a good point I guess. I like the catacombs but I could count the them as pre-lordvessel. Lautrec gives you his tip pretty early and the orange wall only blocks off the very end.

Fucking twink I swear man

Anything.
Those were surprisingly rare last time I played. But to be fair I mostly just invaded in the parish.
How long does it take to get a duel or invasion?

>die trying to parry the same black knight like 8 times
>fuck up and lose muh souls and manatees
>nail every parry flawlessly from that point on
Fuck off Miyazaki, I know you did that on purpose.

That's what you get for not using a straight sword, you filthy gaijin.

>don't shove the lore in my face

Catacombs and NLR can all be counted as pre lordvessel technically speaking, and LI is obviously shit, so it basically depends on whether or not you like the archives and the lord soul bosses. For me the archives was just an okayish area with a mandatory death (shenanigans aside), and I really didn't like any of the bosses except for parryless gwyn, so there's nothing for me to really give a thumbs up towards.

you traded your souls for gitting gud (somewhat), it's a very good exchange

>How long does it take to get a duel or invasion?
In DS1, use DSCM to see where people your SL range are, and in DS2, just look on the travel screen to see where people in your range are.

Well, both games are active in both regards, it just changes where you'll be going. For duels in 1, hit up Oolacile and maybe Anor Londo. In 2, the arenas and Iron Keep bridge. Invasions are good just about anywhere as long as you're in the right SL/SM ranges. I was invading in 2 the other day and it was instant, as soon as I used the orb it found someone each time.

For 1 you'll also want the connectivity mod, since the game is really slow about connecting players on its own.

I don't get it either. The only part of it I don't enjoy is Lost Izalith obviously.
Duke's is good, New Londo is great but too short, Catacombs + ToTG is excellent, Demon Ruins is very meh but not too awful and Lost Izalith sucks balls.
Ariamis (I count it as post lordvessel) is great too, and DLC is the best part of the game imo.
I don't know man

DS3>BB>DS1>DeS>DS2 Unironically

DaS1: Probably a tossup between Taurus Demon and Centipede Demon themes
DaS2: Dragonrider theme comes to mind, or Ruin Sentinels
BB: Witch of Hemwick theme probably, maybe Paarl
DaS3: Really hard to pin down, I'd say second half of Bort's theme comes kinda close

youtube.com/watch?v=ztPGThfD_GY

>lothric
>healthy

>lorian
>tell

>have never made a quality character in DaS3
I'm not missing out on anything, am I?

>only things after the orange wall are after-lordvessel
>even ariamis is after-lordvessel

Well I guess that's where the dispute comes from. People are ignoring the DLC though.

Lost Izalith is forgettable so it never really bothered me, Demon's Ruins were pretty cool desu, wish there were more of it though

darkmoon was always gutted
>go through the area hollow, kill the boss
>human my shit up and start 'vading
what now?
Just don't buy Dead Again