/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

Leave OP to Poppi! edition
This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and the games released on them.

Tags: /3dsg/, /arms/, /mk8g/, /wug/,

>Important News
[!] - Breath of the Wild: Champions Ballad DLC available now: youtube.com/watch?v=dyBFAX4SDEc
[!] - Bayonetta 3 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-i40Ez6KY
[!] - Mega Man 11 announced: youtube.com/watch?v=3aSC5A726f0
[!] - Previously exclusive Pink/Green Joycon are available as standalone now: nintendoeverything.com/standalone-release-of-the-neon-pink-neon-green-joy-con-confirmed-for-north-america-this-month/
[!] - PUBG CEO wants to get a Switch port for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: twitter.com/NintendoSwitchC/status/948209705347842050
[!] - Rivals of Aether dev also pursuing a Rivals of Aether Switch port: medium.com/@fornace/rivals-of-aether-2017-developer-recap-2018-developer-preview-53c57417b51
[!] - 2018 Game Developers Choice Awards nominees announced: gdconf.com/news/breath-wild-horizon-zero-dawn-lead-gdc-2018-choice-awards-nominees/
[!] - Speculation arises about a possible January Direct: nintendoeverything.com/speculation-ensues-about-a-nintendo-direct-on-january-11/
[!] - Norwegian Nintendo website apparently reveals 2018 release date for Bayo 3 and MP4: comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/05/metroid-prime-4-bayonetta-3-nintendo-switch/
[!] - Kirby vs Kirby trailer for Kirby Battle Royale: youtube.com/watch?v=zStuuC9SATo
[!] - Mario opens a letter from some kid or something, idk, January's dead: youtube.com/watch?v=oXgI_Qx9_0I

>Upcoming Releases
JP - nintendo.co.jp/schedule/index.html
NA - nintendo.com/games/coming-soon/
PAL - nintendo.co.uk/Games/Upcoming-Games/Upcoming-Games-753286.html

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibochartv13.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoActu/status/949458608017870848
gonintendo.com/stories/299109
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for TRIGGERED

I kinda want this.

poppi is CUTE

any day now

should i keep my switch in sleep mode or off when i'm not using it? worried about how long it will last

No ducking clue

I have mine in sleep through the day but turn it off at night. Not always tho.

I just keep mine in sleep mode all the time.

DUDE WEED LMAO bump/roll
4,2, or 0 smoke moar then reroll (if told to do so again just have the first hit than play luigi)
1,3-Zeruda
5,6-Odyssey
7,8-finish rainbow rocket chapter of Ultra Moon
9-Get my ass kicked by Mike Tyson

>that feel when playing switch and watching the zelda cartoon

I want Koizumi-san to produce every Nintendo games now!

For fuck sack Nintendo, just announce it already!

Can I play Disgaea 5 Complete without knowing anything about the franchise?

no

Where should I start, then?

FINISH AAAAAAH

fine. Die

...or...not???

who is this semen demon

No.

twitter.com/NintendoActu/status/949458608017870848

ded red

>Still no news/leaks of a Super Mario Maker sequel for the Switch
>Still no news/leaks of an Animal Crossing game for the Switch
>Nintendo hates money
>It's because of the Wii U and 3DS that they now believe in the console boogeyman
>Everyone claims the Nintendo Switch is selling well but in reality it's just overhyped
>The Nintendo Switch will have no games in 2018, just third party trash and weak titles because Nintendo is trying to figure out DLC and mobile games after all these years
>Nintendo is putting a paywall behind their online features this year
>All you're getting is Splatoon 2 updates, the world's most pathetic DLC and games that have already been milked on other platforms (Skyrim and indie trash)
>Good games literally fucking never
>By the time the good games come out it'll have been so long that nobody will want them anymore

GRORIOUS ANCIENT JAPANESE BUSINESSMEN DESUUUUUU

I'm waiting for the Direct.

dont lie you are on the internet

i'm not lying, you're lying.

No youre

Late reply, but what Direct? When's the next one happening? Also I'm not that guy who replied to you, he's a weirdo

I wasn't talking about a specific Direct just the next one, even through there has been a lots of rumours about it been the 11th.
Regardless, I'm pretty confident about this year. The announced games looks good and there will likely be some good surprise soon (AC and Pikmin).

See

don't get your hopes up

>implying they'll make a new animal crossing
>implying they'll develop games their fans want
>implying they want money
>implying the nintenyearold switcheroo isn't just an overhyped meme machine

wishful thinking but the switch is dead, it'll be the wii u 2.0 once 2018 is over

I like ARMS and all but I don't know how to handle a Ninjara with two retorchers (the gatling type), even when I'm also playing Ninjara.

I mean, if it was a connection issue, how would I be able to tell? It feels like everyone is moving faster than me and hitting me basically the moment I get up from a knockdown and shit

Ok.

never ever

I want fun online games on Switch.

How is Fire Emblem Warriors compared to Hyrule Warriors?

>Everyone claims the Switch is selling well
Yeah, it already outsold the Wii U.

I would play this game.

Also I played Wii u Pokken today. Got my ass beat every time because haven't played in months except for one match. Game queue was like 10 seconds average.

I got a Switch. It's fun.

The controllers are a bit weird to use since I'm used to bigger controllers. I don't feel like paying for a Pro controller though.
I guess I'll get used to the Joycons. Only had it a day after all

I want a Tatsunoko vs Capcom successor.

I know, looks like the 3D models aren't very high quality so they'd probably need to remake them for a PS4/Switch/PC re-release.

comfy

>one hundid fidy you ess dollaridoos

Bampu.

and to see
and to be
what you want and what you need

Are there any other games that use Amiibo in a creative/fun/useful way (Besides Smash 4)? Not including scanning them and - BAM - free items or late-game items early?

we r alive!

I normally have it off unless I plan on picking it up soon. As far as I'm aware sleep mode just doesn't shut down the software and the system, while off completely turns it off and gives it a rest.

Well duh the nintendo fx is due out soon

electronics dont need sleep you idiot

Yep

yeah!!

I really wanted to get the switch fighting stick black friday but I ended up getting the Rap Pro.N

Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker.

the fuck

Anyone know if japanese cartridges work on a European switch?

They werk.

To anyone who has played Mario Golf: Advance Tour on the GBA, is Golf Story more or less technical in gameplay?
I want to get one before the other considering they're both around the same price and both are golf RPGs.
Advance Tour being on the GBA is no issue for me because it was my go-to traveling console before I got the Switch.

:( Seriously I need answers

>tfw SMO is never getting DLC
Feels bad.

They do.

The Mario minis free game.

I'd rather have Nintendo make new games.

Sure, but why not also having more of an already great game?

I'd rather have more games of different IPs.

/pubg/ here, I keep accidentally clicking on this thread

They 100% work

I bought I am Setsuna from Japan and it works perfectly fine. The game turned into EU version as soon as I put it in my Switch.

>$20/year
>insurmountable paywall

I'm just waiting for Kirby right now, got enough games to play until it comes out desu.

Does anyone know when that MOBA is supposed to come to switch? When I saw the announce trailer in one of the directs I was interested. And I heard there is going to be a beta.

gonintendo.com/stories/299109

>PLANNED MAINTENANCE FROM 8TH TO 11TH

hi

mario + rabbids was so much better than i thought it would be and was well worth every penny

go play it if youre in need of something new

>three days of maintenance
What did they mean by this?

Will Myiamoto do a new Star Fox after Zero?

Zero was as good as star fox guard

If that means he won't be ruining another series and will continue making bad games for a bad franchise, sure.

>If that means he won't be ruining another series

>t. salty bab who can't play odyssey

Miyamoto has well earned the right to ruin any series he feels like doing so.

I went on an oddesey with LSD
Lasted longer and was 1/5th the price

Are you listening to yourself?

Yes, people learned their lesson with George Lucas after JJ Abrams took over Star Wars. Better to let a a creator who is crazy do what he wants, than a hack who will rape the series dead.

I want to see a SNES converter cartridge so I can play my legit games on the switch

id just be happy with a game or two

Is it normal for ZR to be looser than ZL on the joycons? I got my Switch a couple days ago and just now noticed this, so I assume it's not overuse of one button compared to the other.

I can tell you're a half-empty glass kind of guy.

Also known as a cynical and whiney cunt which most don't like. You're alright, though, user.

Get a Pro Controller instead desu~

How would that even work? The dimensions would be all fucked up.

Draw a sketch.

This. I don't care how much of an unpopular opinion it is.

Handheld mode?

As a Kirby fan, will I enjoy this? Debating buying it.

Suggest me some hidden/underrated gems for the 3DS.

There's no way of telling for sure, but I think you can download a demo from the E-Shop.

What genre?

Everything is good. Except Beat 'em ups, I don't like those

If you're into the Simulation niche I would definetly check out Tomodachi Life, Miitopia (to some extend) and Animal Crossing
If you own a New 3DS try out Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, if you like hack n slash you can try Hyrule and Fire Emblem Warriors too, but only if you really like the Dynasty Warriors gameplay.
For RPGs there's everything, from Fire Emblem to Bravely Default to Ever Oasis there are a lot of turn based options.
If you like VNs there are good things like Ace Attorney too

Thank you