/fog/ - Fallout General

Talia asking the right questions edition!

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/EL3CCTS4 (embed)
>NEW! Creation Club Stuff:
mega.nz/#!c8BnzSob!Ae-AhY9KWdLrVw1j2LIT5vi0glPU_TmBGT-B6ifzv8o

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>NEW! Rips (Primarily for NV):
mega.nz/#F!crJz0LZb!WIH3QNagELMoiHrefK_dqA
mediafire.com/folder/6lyy201y5yca9/Fallout_New_Vegas

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/raw/GfftFBFD

/aco/ thread:
Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/ga244pfc
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28936>just
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

strawpoll.com/ga244pfc

vote nao

It's okay to be a deathclaw.

>ANOTHER spammer thread
Fuck off

Is it cheating if I go straight to San Fran to get power armor and good guns right away?

The face makes me laugh every time, it's just so goofy lookin'

Ideal Gunner overhaul mod:

New! Gunner location/HQ with an ex-Minutemen leader. They're initially friendly and explain that they've gone off of the Gunner chain of command because their leader is retarded or something (keeps all other Gunners hostile).
You can join in as a recruit and do various misc. jobs.
You rise through the ranks and start taking over locations with this new Gunner faction.
Eventually there is direct conflict with the Gunners' main faction. You're told to directly kill any Gunners not pertaining to your faction (whereas before you were just doing it if you wanted).
Old Gunner locations are taken over by the new Gunners.
Ultimately, you go to their HQ where the Gunner boss (which in vanilla is only mentioned in terminals) is located, and kill him.
From there on this faction works as a main faction and can be used to complete the game.

Not sure if you should rise through the ranks and become a sentinel-like character or if at the beginning you should be put in a Minutemen General type of position where you're placed at the top of a faction that doesn't have any real power yet

It's not cheating unless you're using an unintended mechanic/feature.

Glad you like it.

PIEper View!

creampieper

Ya know it's pretty weird that killing mr. House gives you bad karma if you decide to betray him, but keeping him alive in his tube for another year or so to live as a vegetable doesn't.

it looks like she wet herself

>New Vegas got almost twice the amount of votes of all other Fallouts combined
Did Bethesda even try?

Although it isnt as comprehensive as you might want, you know there is a gunner overhaul right?

I definitely don't think the player should be put "in charge" of a faction and then have extremely little control to exert over it, ans that's a huge failing of the bethesda fallouts & TES (or skyrim at least).

no captcha, it's literally bots. fog doesn't have 77 people.

Its okay to be a raider

>previous thread had 122 unique posters

Really makes you think

>ywn be a qt raider girl (male)

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28936>just default nora with blue eyes and skin mod

Anyone use Grasslands mod? How do I get the nice green grass in the example pictures? The mod has just added loads of BROWN grass...

What does Elianora smell like?

Last I checked that just made Gunners non-hostile and had some malfunctioning NPCs. Maybe radiant quests but it was too buggy for me.

The problem is the game was made with Gunners being hostile. Making them non-hostile makes several locations simply pointless.

I might try to make the described mod one day™. I'm gonna start with a quest mod to pacify Covenant first though.

It's a mod, they can have as much control to exert over it as you like!
I agree entirely with your sentiment though. What do you think a leader of the New! Gunners™ should be able to command his faction to do?

BO and period blood.

So I bought FO4 when it came out and by the next year I had it heavily modded and all that, after Bethesda started its fuckery and rekt my game, I tried to start over but my computer just couldn't handle it anymore (FPS drops were ridiculous). I'm re-installing the game now and am going to give it a go, here are my specs, will I be able to play this game without all the FPS drops and having to play at the lowest settings? Keep in mind I have another 8 gigs of RAM on the way.

Coffee and piss

coffee
piss
bo
period blood

>he doesn't know about the kernel exploit
RIP all(intel) processors

Only if you secretly have a heart of gold and only steal from mean people and help innocent people and only act tough in front of your gang!

She does jet too.
>post quest cait is actually the most drug free
really activates the almonds

Is there anyway to make the power armor hud look clear and not distorted or whatever they're doing?

Is there a mod to add more save slots for F2?

>kernel exploit

Wh-What?

FO4Config has options for it, including scanline removal.

Every chem hating companion will do chems if you leave them near the Pick-me-up station.
Just the script.
Pretty lazy on Bethesda's part

just because he hates drugs doesn't mean he doesn't do them

All Intel x86 chipsets are about to lose up to 30% performance.

>he doesn't know
check /g/ there should be a gorillion threads

fuck, I can't afford to get a new processor, can I even upgrade with my specs, let alone change brand? (Im brainlet when it comes to this stuff)

I'll check it out, its the first I hear of this

>Find Owen and Beru's corpses
>don't care about star wars so the reference went right over my head
I'm mad at myself

Does FNV just hate Windows 10 or something? I've been having a bunch of odd crashes and bugs that require me to restart for months now, persisting through new installs and an entirely new PC build.

>all the sound just disappears except for the music, can walk around and play like this for a while (can even save the game) then it crashes
>sometimes fast travelling just loads me into the area but it has no buildings or NPCs, just flat ground
>just crashes on loading screens sometimes

Pic related is my current load order, I can't find anyone with these same problems save for the loading screen crashing

It's really not that bad. You might see a few FPS drop after the next Windows update, but it probably won't be noticeable. If any of your games/programs are noticeably slower in the next few weeks for no apparent reason, it's probably the update, but it's worth it.
A 4690k at 4GHz will be comparable to any AMD processor that you can get.

It's literally nothing.
Go look at all the benchmarks. It's 0.3 of a percent, not 0.3 percent. There's a huge difference. The latter assumes that 1 is the whole and thus 0.3 would be 30%. In reality it's 0.3 of a percent so 0.3%. In order to see a framerate drop in the VAST majority of games you'd have to get over 300 frames per second.

Granted: there are SOME games that rely heavily on the affected function, but even those will only drop 1-2 frames out of 60. Anyone who says anything to the contrary is a troll, has no idea what they're talking about, or some combination of those two.

R.I.P. Harvey

He did lie to me and send me into a death trap after all.

Lets hope so, I may not have a choice anyways, the FPS drops on my game when I was trying to play it last made the game unplayable as it was, I figured that it must've been a RAM issue. From what I read in the last thread, downloading mods made before the whole Creation Club horseshit isn't a good idea

> It's 0.3 of a percent, not 0.3 percent.
That's not strictly true. It depends on the program, and can vary greatly, or even improve after the update.

>Killing your own loyal dog

>downloading mods made before the whole Creation Club horseshit isn't a good idea
It's totally fine, depending on the mod. Texture and models should be OK.

>From what I read in the last thread, downloading mods made before the whole Creation Club horseshit isn't a good idea
That's more because they're badly implemented like keyforms and IDs that fuck up shit in the long run.

The only applications that will see anything CLOSE to a noticeable impact will be people rendering full-length 3d animated movies, and they don't do it on consumer intel systems. They use render farms for that. Even those will be a less than 10% hit.

>only applications
>don't do it on consumer intel systems
That's not correct either. The consumer architecture is almost identical to the corporate, so will see exactly the same performance degradation.
For "the only applications", we are already seeing performance degradation in databases, compilers, and some independent benchmarks.

He looks just fine to me

Harvey is interesting. If you don't kill him, he shows back up to nuka world later, and you can talk to him. Turns out, the raiders were going to kill/torture/etc his friends and family if he didn't participate in the bait for the nuka world transit.

He does show back up, with a bomb on his neck this time, later though. So he returns to nuka world to "save" his friends.

Made me think of him differently in this light. And of course how evil the raiders are, but that's not really hidden.

If I were him I would pass a message to the person though, just a note or something. All it would need to say is to come armed and bring a squirt gun. And it can just be a note, since Redeye has a microphone in the transit center. But setting the person up for success is something he can surreptitiously do, and is the "right" thing to do.

Alright, I'll go through the recommended list in the OP, what mods do you guys recommend?

go to bed caitfag

Oh, I am aware.

Ah, maybe I'll let him live anyway.

The only thing that makes me mad about this whole thing is I live in a country where class action lawsuits don't exist. I swear to god this isn't real life anymore. Its like a fucking cyberpunk novel. Some idiot leaked this shit months ago on /g/ and it just turned into your typical Veeky Forums thread and well whadduyaknow its true. From what my brainlet self could understand they effectively ignored this vulnerability or they did it deliberately to spy on drumpf. What a fucking joke.

>class action lawsuits
I really don't think that anyone will succeed in getting any money out of Intel. Like squeezing blood from a stone.
It also may not be that big of a deal for most people, but it's best to just wait out the shitstorm and see what the other side looks like.

I just want the feeling of threatening a multi billion dollar company. But I know shit like that doesn't actually work. Just the trick is enough for me.

Intel will likely throw more money at the case than they would spend if they lost the case, just to keep up PR. If they win, they get to say "Hey, we were right! It wasn't our fault, we swear!"

Class action lawsuits generally don't do anything. They just hand out vouchers for $$ amount that you spend with them. Look at apple. Their case ended with people PAYING $30 for battery replacements.

Well atleast your country has the decency to let you pretend sue a company.

>Turn Settlement into Raider Outpost
>Settlement has kids in it that can't die
>Kids content with living there with the raiders that killed their parents

why not just kill the children?

They will grow up to be raiders themselves, and eventually take over another settlement by killing its adults and adopting the children there.
The circle of life.

What if super mutants looked like this?

X-THIX

I made deathclaws faster than sprinting speed.

Really makes them suck less.

literally an argonian

Isn't there a deadly deathclaws mod that makes their AI less dumb?
Last I used it it was pretty good.

I want to rescue all the traders from Nuka-World and abolish the institution of slavery in the Commonwealth and beyond!

But I want to keep one of the collars and write up a contract to become Cait's property because it's ok if it's consensual and just for fun between people who love each other!

the fuck is up with that nose?

I would offer snu snu in exchange for my life
carrie fisher coke nose

There is literally nothing wrong with slavery.

Voluntary slavery. They're indentured servants.

Problem?

How do I get F4VR running at 90fps? This stutters camera is gonna make me blow chunks. Any optimization/performance tips?

disable every light and shadow

works every time.

They're called "traders" because they traded their freedoms for protection

Wait gun name formatting doesn't work anymore?
I can't add italics or anything, is it only vanilla guns and excluding modded weapons?

oh no, I have now played more time F4 than I have played Neue Vellas

Pretty sure it's a DEF_UI config.

What a curious thing it is to turn in your liberty for protection and have neither.

The minutemen offer both.

YOU LIKE THE SIGHT OF YOUR OWN BLAD?

Until it behooves them to become raiders again.

YA LIKE THAT

Man, Cait is a BIG girl...

GOTTA RELOAD SOMETIME ASSHOLE

You honor us with your presence here.

reminder that the minutemen are just a bunch of angry libertarian farmers interfering with their brahmin who band together to fend off external threats, but otherwise have no interests in nation-building, imperialism, or any form of common wealth aside from self-defense

>those minutemen turned raiders at Libertalia
>that traitor at Quincy who joined the Gunners
You’d think they would be the subject of some Minutemen side quests where you hunt them down or something, but no.

Hey friends, I'm starting a brand new playthrough, and I want to do survival mode. I also want to use the console, quicksave, and achievements with mods. There's also a dozen mods that all do the same thing or slightly different versions of the same thing. What are your recommendations?

>cranberry island bog
how the fuck do I power the 3rd source
the wire panel that was on the last 2 isn't there

do the one with the bigger number

How do I mod F4VR