>General VR resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR applications/games (needs update)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat resources and tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

>BCI and the future of VR
pastebin.com/8bCvbFip

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/438100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>everyone refers to me in VRchat as a girl

It’s weird meeting someone in game you see in a YouTube video or a creator of a world. It’s feels like I’m meeting someone famous.

Does taking the headset off after playing for a while feel strange to anyone else?

To me it kinda feels like pic related. It's hard to explain otherwise but it's always a head trip.

Same, it’s funny that I actually like hearing them call me cute too.

Can I pet you?

Fuck yeah man. It’s pretty disorienting and sometimes my face is sweaty and I get really thirsty. It was way worse when I first started.

fuck yeah, friday night. time to dance with the other qt traps at the void club

I get what you mean. I ended up playing darts with matsix earlier tonight and just hanging out with her seemed kinda surreal.

>her

>her

matsix is a cute girl you degenerates

He's an ugly dude with a shitty voice.

Who hurt you?

Look man, someone linked to his reddit account earlier and all I gotta say is they own an e46 330i and I just can't respect that.

Not you.

clearly matsix

Alright, I managed to import an avatar successfully and everything looks good model-wise. I do have a problem with what seems to be a scaling however.

I'm playing seated and my model seems to be raising her hand in the air. Also, when looking in the mirror, I seem to be a lot taller than what she actually is. Any help?

Behold, VrChat is the game the saved VR. Even more, it is what Second Life was to MMO.

Did you adjust the eyeball height on the avatar descriptor component in unity?
It should be around the nose/between the eyes slightly inside your head.
Otherwise try scaling yourself ingame by not giving your exact height just testing what it does.
Or remove toe bones from rigging if you have any, they cause height issues too.
GL

I saw a few furries on tonite. One had a female voice and the other had a guy voice that sounded Asian.

is vrchat the new second life?

yeah.

What’s the darts world? That’s awesome you saw her/him. I was using the Fumio avatar tonight and every now and then I would turn to the side and someone would just be standing there staring at me, and some would say they thought I was Matsix. Haha One guy said Matsix was on tonight. I met trap-Chan, he was a cat and I was petting him. He’s nice.

It's literally the oasis from ready player one. can't fucking wait until we finally get scripting support too

I feel like VR took a step forward with this Christmas. Seems like a whole lot of people finally decided to grab one either from a sale or as a gift. They'll show it off to which makes more people want them. It's spreading.

Woops. That's not what was supposed to happen.

you're cute

What's the best way to reduce the number of bones while still making the dress look flowy? Reduce the number of bones in each ring by half and and only have 2 rings, top and bottom? Should I even bother giving the dress dynamic bones?

Yo I was not ready for that cuteness senpai

you have no mouth or nose

you're ugly

Are you new to anime?

>I Have No Mouth and I Must Nya.jpg

lmao no one bought VRs i'll give it another 2 years before it takes off

Just started using Oculus core 2.0 and it's glitching out like mad.
I'm on windows 7 and have a gtx 770, I know one of these is the problem. The text randomly turns into what looks like a mixture of chinese and roadkill, a giant white blob that covers the screen sometimes replaces my right hand, the icons are weirdly distorted and folded in on themselves, etc. Mostly a lot of visual problems, anything performance-oriented is probably because beta.

I hope it's the 770, I need to upgrade that anyway. I really don't want win10.

Update drivers.

Which drivers? I just did that like last week

I thought Rift required windows 8.1 minimum

Actually fuck it I made it all one ring and 4 bones and I think it'll look okay with dynamic bones on it.

Then you probably have the newest ones. Might just be Windows 7.

>tfw I wanted to go to bed at midnight
It's fucking 8:35 AM now.

>they own an e46 330i
I'll never look at him the same, fucking disgusting

>build control panel no longer runs

Sorry man, I'm just not experienced enough in Blender to fix his textures. It's absolutely feasible, but after a couple hours with minimal success I'm ready to throw in the towel.

I see a few decent tutorials in Blender but most are either for older versions or do shit that wouldn't apply to Jack's model.

A forewarning, you're going to want to delete the extra gore pieces from his head if you're going to use him. They were what was messing me up for a little while. I'd also suggest just straight up deleting his glasses frames unless you figure out how to work the transparent textures.

Once you fix his textures and lower his tris bones are not a big issue since he moves like any other human would. Hope you can fix him, he'd be really fun to have.

I wanna fuck Spaz

So where would you fags recommending some cute traps.

>tfw put trailrenderer in both index fingers in both hands

I have the ultimate power.

So did they really fix the higher than 20k polygon trick?

can anyone explain to me why this part of the model is appearing as pixels?, when I bake the UV and make the atlas they end up totally invisible even when I fix the alpha

No, but they started trying to mod more to compensate.

Still at 10k as burgers are finally going to bed.

I've managed to get to get the avatar descriptor to use this image, and the height in-game seems to be correct.

That said, my hands still seem like they're being raised all the time, even though I'm not doing it in real life

Looks like 3 random vertices floating on the model.
Wherever you got it, tell them they are dumb.

anyway I can fix this? when I make the atlas everything else looks good except the lining that dissapears

This tie I have here should be black on the model, but it comes out transparent. how do I fix this?

>/vrg/ - Blender and Unity Help General

Quick question, what's a cute average height for a fifteen year old Japanese girl? 5'2 sound about right?

>hundreds of NEETs are accidentally teaching themselves marketable skills to satisfy their autogynephilliac desires by jerking off to the perception of themselves as a little anime girl

This burger will stay up forever

5' to 5'1 probably more accurate, but I guess that depends on what kind of character you plan to use

Nope, though I had to google a few cmd lines to bypass a thing in the setup.

God dammit, I have windows 10 all ready to install but I fucking hate it. 7 was the last good one.

But user i percept myself as a big anime girl.

why is my audio source so quiet?
its perma stuck at 10 gains and 0.5 volume, i change to 24 and 1.0 (its very quiet in game) yet this shit is going back to 10 .5 over and over whenever i click build and upload

I fixed it, seems like it wasn't pointing to the right material. But now when I go to create Atlas, the tie turns a very light grey and I'm once again stumped.

I think this is my favorite thing about this whole ordeal. I'm sure once some of us finally get past these baby steps there will be more interesting and unique models in VRC.

More headpats for you!

Am I supposed to fully unplug my rift before bed or is turning off the software so the little light is orange fine?

Literally bass cannon.

Sleep with it on and see what happens when you wake up still in virtual reality.

I wanna fondle those ears

I really want to do that but I'm scared I'll break it. Also probably get permanent marks around my eyes.

has anyone tried this yet? how did it go?

the rift would make for a good brainwave entrainment device

if I update the sdk will I not be able to use the 20k bypass?

meant for

I don't know where I went wrong, but I no longer seem to be able to add components. Any help?

Anyone? This shit is driving me up the walls.

Have you tried just throwing the model into unity and seeing if it looks fine or not?

So where are you cuties hanging out tonight? I'm looking for some headpats and cuddles.

I have not! I was following the mega tutorial step by step and when I encountered this problem my natural instinct was to Fix it before going on. Will report back.

Where are YOU hanging out right now so I can come pet and cuddle you

So does it work? You've got 2 more options if doesn't.

Importing the sdk and such into unity. I'm still following the tutorial stuff mind you. Will report back as soon as I have updates.

tfw too dumb to make things work

How are you even alive

I swear to god I'm going to go buy myself a rift tomorrow(practically today) or sunday.

my brain just goes ahead and do it

Right now I can't get the textures to apply in Unity. It's just a white-ish model.

find the abledo
drop texture's into the box
it's in the sphere's drop down menu labeled "texture" or "material"
ur welcome brainlet

This is really neat and all, but how do you lewd

steamcharts.com/app/438100
holy lel

Did you put the texture atlas into the asset's textures folder in unity?

Who has the best model in VRChat and why is it this precious cinnamon roll?

Yes. I was told to make a folder like this:
Assets > Avatars > [Avatar Name] > Textures
Atlas goes in textures first, then Avatar goes into [Avatar Name]
Came out white.

why is the view position i set for my avatar in vrchat different than where it is in unity

Did you select the texture atlas as the main texture for the texture atlas in the materials folder?

>smol
All the Nikos Ive seen have been massive

Probably didn't set it up properly. I always set it at the nose level and in the head model a bit.

thats exactly where i put it and then ingame it's like directly in my stomach

where do i get this qt

I did not tell me to do or how to do that. Just to make these folders and drop the shit there. How do set that?