Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!JEwnzLZK!8k3-9LiPXVwG2znwHRLtTOCUaour_fXhQfqUit0IP8g
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=lqyEY8H76TY
youtube.com/watch?v=9OCoR_C0AlA
Gameplay Explanation: my.mixtape.moe/wvnjmu.pdf
Rance X Character Roster:
my.mixtape.moe/mihqke.png
Jpg version that is under 4mb:
my.mixtape.moe/bbaroo.jpg
Rance X Gallery:
mega.nz/#!dTREVZxJ!ZcglwOMKaseRZID8vhrDn7Gmsxfln4vwWUZo8Qyrfao

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/235289625
strawpoll.me/14756331
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Rance IX machine translations will be put with the rest in the updated version of the pastebin (this thread).

She was cute then but she's definitely matured well.

>9 will be translated long before 8

war games are more popular in the west than dungeon crawlers. something something Nietzsche

>Quiz project
I am still hoping that user who promised he'd sketch a kamilla portrait for quiz game use will deliver. If you won't get around to it soon let me know so that I won't wait.

What happened with the kamilla CG commission, by the way?

I hope he will deliver as well.

How does SR calculate damage received? Is there just one function?

providing a format which will recompile is not a problem. The problem is that the corpus is about 300,000 lines long and I don't have any way to identify all the dialogue or display text while avoiding functions and variables.

I'm not sure how you are finding the dialogue but if you explained that process it would help me automate it. But you'd still be stuck with only the G version. But still better than nothing for things like the story summary, item descriptions, and uncommon dialogue. It would help people navigate things you have not yet done with the TLC method.

I have faith in fan translators. mangagamer did not buy all of them. (not for now)

From the ashes of Mari and Aru, rises a new hero and legend for us to sing praises of.
Hopefully he doesn't pull a Maria.

Notepad ++ let's you make macros, the one I have looks for whatever line ends with A or R (an user told me how thanks!) then copies it to the clipboard so it goes through translation aggregator.

Dialogue would be any line that ends with a capital A, R, or C (C is rare). For better accuracy make it any line that ends with ' A, ' R, or ' C.

Oh, and all the games dialogue (or at least 99% of it) is stored in the ヨイドレ folder.

Machine translation is one of the fastest translators around.

Can't beat Rogue Translator, but fuck is it still quick.

Was he fast? With Paradox he seems really slow.

Its a machine translation user.

machine translation-kun is the best. nobody beats him

He wasn't doing Paradox, at leasst until very recently.
And he was stupidly fast with translations, translating each part of MGQ not too long after their release.

>(an user told me how thanks)
That was me. It's a pretty rare skill and people who can figure it out are rarer still, so it was great to teach. But it's even better that it was so useful.

How are you extracting it? I have one file called Rance9_text.txt and that string has no matches.

Actually I would have put more thought into this a long time ago but my laptop resolution is too low to play Rance9 and it's pretty weird playing Rance on my desktop.

didn't he get arrested in china for being too fast and too sexy?

Ge came back after serving his time painting toys with lead paint.

Thanks dude! Decompiling to ASM with aindecompiler is how I get everything.

Oh, I see what you mean now. They are all just .jam files in that folder when aindecompiler does its thing.

not that user but what what you did was export the text. When you export text you get a file like that which only includes the text. If you just want to translate then that should be fine.

Alternatively you can actually decompile the entire game and edit it that way. This is not recommended because it may not recompile without errors. You can also just open the .ain in the ain compiler, find the file you want to edit, and directly edit it. It will create a new document in a folder called "Code Patches". Make you changes, save the document, then do "quick compile code patch" and select what you've changed + the target ain file. Those files will be spliced into the ain without having to decompile everything.

I translated the title screen menu, by the way. Not sure why it hasn't been done before (in Pi-R's patch I mean), the buttons are literally just text.

So, are you guys enjoying the mamatoto blogposting? I haven't gotten any (You)'s for the last couple posts I made so I wonder if you'd rather a different kind of posting, for example more about the combat.

Most of the gui and buttons in IX are cg in the ald files, didn't know those were just text. I can add it to the ain file with the translations if you want.

ASM recompiles and decompiles fine as long as you don't mess up the format when editing.

I replaced most of what wasn't already done in the cg if anyone wants the link to it. It's a big file for nothing major.

Is there any hope of fixing Rance 9 for lower resolutions? I very much like my current laptop. The trouble above all is that the mouse clicks are in the wrong place.

Its fun to read.

silky is so flat haha

Her chest is silky smooth with not bumps.

Have you tried full screening it? That's fixed my issues with the mouse clicks before.

wew

okay

well today was pretty crazy. see you niwas tomorrow.

Just tried it. Doesn't fix it. My resolution is 1024x768

Doing my first playthrough of Rance VI.

I finished this mission in which you had to break all of the loan machines, then there was a followup event where Rance had to pay a loan and I lost all of my fucking gold.

If I ignore this event, would it have any impact on the game?

Rip, no idea then. I haven't had a lotta luck with alicesoft games on monitors with the wrong resolution. You might be able to force the resolution so the buttons line up with the mouse if you don't care about stuff being cut off.

The event is necessary. Just spend the gold on upgrades/items beforehand.

On Rance 10 at least they're making sure it also works in a resolution lower than Full HD, but it may not be as 1024x768.

>I have faith in fan translators.
Which shows how new you are.

>It really does seem like it's only set to 1 there.
"It" meaning both of the flags that I asked about, right?

>but then we started with smalltalk and I didn't know what to say
Always, always, always, have an answer prepared for "tell me a bit about yourself". It's an amazingly common ice-breaker question that people always fuck up on. Just remember - you're in the interview in order to sell yourself. Don't tell them about your fucking hobbies, "tell me about yourself" means "tell me why I should employ you".

>On this topic, here is a new challenge mode: beat SR without scouting
That's probably not as hard as it sounds. Sure, Ashikaga and maybe the Miko Institute would be ball-busting and the (permitless) Demon King route would be as good as impossible, but once you're past those first two things you're in to the "I have permits and most castle fights are scripted" and the "my castle battle team is always Kenshin+Uruza+Natori+... so I don't really care what the scout says" territory.

>KANAMI scene.
Wasn't that already translated?
vimeo.com/235289625

>KANAMI
Nah, the first one was her 3rd scene. The recent one is her 2nd one.

I'm wondering how the story and dialogue is. Would you say it's good or would I just be better off following your posts?

Who will pilot this gundam?

It's cool hanny, keep it up.

Die don't.

Poll results
strawpoll.me/14756331
Glorious 15% master race

Leazas will never die.

I'm enjoying it.

I have trouble believing people who say they did it without permits.

Why?

I guess that confirms 100% its hunty and not hanty

Great scott, we have an answer!

Alicesoft's engrish is 100% irrelevant.

Was that ever in question?

Considering Alicesoft's history with names, I wouldn't be so sure as to say it's 100%.

Off with you, delete this. Hunty is the truth.

More interesting on that image:
Rick has higher attack than Rance

and the mystery remains unsolved

Rick has always had higher attack than Rance.

One would assume Rance's text and abilities could double his attack, maybe if sill is also in play.

Just make it Haunty.

As expected of Rick.

rick best girl of course

Rick is always stronger at first. Rance needs to build up.

Is Rogue back?

It's nice, keep going.

Is Flame Scrivener male or female?

At very least, that silhouette seems female, looking at stature and hand size.

Female and will get fucked

>hannies playing Strip-Rance X an unneccessary prefix if I've ever seen one

> "I have permits and most castle fights are scripted" and the "my castle battle team is always Kenshin+Uruza+Natori+.
No battle permits and no scouting. Could you even do Ran route?

Does anyone know where can I find the animation of Special attack for each character in Rance IX.
I tried searching for it and I think they are created by the game, not stored in files.

Do those pauldrons have any functional aspect?

You'll have to record it yourself.

>he hasn't done a no items, no saves, no buying troops, generics only, 5*NB run of the Demon King route

Protect your shoulders.

>generics only
>implying that makes it harder

>implying it couldn't be done
>implying it would even be hard
you'd have to dungeon alot but it's nothing stunning.

But I don't get why people work so hard to get all the bonuses unlocked and then only ever play no-bonus games.

>permits and scouting
like a baby

Permits are items, you goon

How do I raise Kimchi's FR cap to 30?

All this talk made me think that Rance 10 system will likely allow for made kinda of fun self-imposed challenge.

Also would love to do a random choices run and see what comes out of it.

it means that you can't increase affection by spending fans. coupled with the no-items clause it basically shuts down ITA/IBR.

Only protect Leazas.

You have to wait for the plot to progress before new events becone available IIRC

Also, did I fuck up when I triggered the 1 red orb 1 yellow orb event where Rance convinced Kimchi to stop whoring herself?

That might be impossible since too many people would leading to a possible Arios game over.

No.

Last question: Does the option to raise Kimchi's FR come back later in the game or not? I'm worried that might have I denied myself free FR.

Is there a bigger fucking cunt than this girl?

shes bae

It does, relax. You've probably just hit the cap for now.

You need to go back.

Look at this handsome man.

Thanks senpai

Yes. Why would you think that I wouldn't be able to? Once you're in the route you just let the Tenshi Sect take Kyo, vassal them, and lube up until the end game happens. Pic related is from when I did a 5SNB run without any Footsoldiers.

Am I still allowed Rance and Suzume? After all, they can't be fired. I once did a generic only run of the Isoroku route with that provision (I might've also allowed Isoroku and Kentarou, I can't remember), so I'm happy to say that provided that I could get through Ashikaga (Isoroku's banned so just vassal them), I could probably do that challenge. All you really have to do is exploit the infinite time that the True route's temple event gives you.

It kind of does, if memory serves I only won the Isoroku challenge that I mentioned just above because I was lucky enough to capture an Akashi's children Tactician. Your offence ends up getting crippled in generics only runs.

Because once you've played the game long enough to unlock everything, you'll find that it's piss easy with anything more than the weakest bonuses.

Use the True route's temple event in order to get unlimited time and then Rance's room your way to dominance.

>I once did a generic only run of the Isoroku route with that provision
Pic related. "strict vassal only" meant that I could only defeat houses by vassaling them, so for example I couldn't beat the Mouri House, although closing the gate on Takuga was fair game because it doesn't actually defeat them.

>Because once you've played the game long enough to unlock everything, you'll find that it's piss easy with anything more than the weakest bonuses.
I can't play with permits unless it's a points run because it breaks the game too hard.

imagine being 7 foot tall and an 8 foot tall soldier does an overhead swing onto your pauldrons of justice