/pso2g/ - Phantasy Star Online 2 General #1374

If you are reading this there's 25% chance you are a rappy.

■ December 20:「紅き邪竜と封印の剣」Part 2
bumped.org/psublog/the-legendary-red-dragon-scorches-phantasy-star-online-2/

■ January: 「ARKS NEW YEAR CARNIVAL 2018」
pso2.jp/players/update/20180110/

■ Weekly Boost & Events Schedule
├ JP:pso2.jp/players/boost/
├ EN:google.com/calendar/[email protected]
├ Random EQ Hourly Alerts (JP, All Ships):twitter.com/pso2_emg_hour
└ Regular Maintenance: Wednesday @ 11:00 ~ 17:00 JST

■ Current Scratch: pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/
├ Year of the Dog (until 1/10)
├ Holy Night Carol (until 1/10)
├ Phantasy Star Legend (until 1/24)
└ [SG] Aether Mother Hope (until 6/13)

■ Current Collection File
├ Merry Christmas 2017 (Fornis, until 1/10)
├ Revolutio 2 (until 3/7)
├ Aura (until 3/20)
├ Hybrida (until 3/20)
└ Ceaseless Fighting Spirit (Detonation, until 4/11)

■ Character Adjustments Roadmap
├ Feb: Dark Blast Color Customization
├ Apr: New Dark Blast Form, Expert Filter Revision
├ May: Class Level 85 (except Hr), new class skills
└ Summer: New Techniques, 14 Star Pets

□ FAQs, Lilipans, Guides, (READ THESE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
├ General Information/News:bumped.org/psublog/
├ Basic English Patch:pso2.acf.me.uk/Manual/
└ Buy AC using PSO2es:pastebin.com/raDBtSpa

□ Database/Wiki
pso2.swiki.jp/index.php (JP)
pso2wiki.net/ (JP)
pso2.arks-visiphone.com (EN)

□ Simulators
├ Skill Trees:arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php
├ Affixing:pso2affix.seilent.net/
└ Damage Calculator:4rt.info/psod/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d2A_m5e1cG0
youtube.com/watch?v=Z9sXwl15Ym8&index=2&list=PLAzo_S-1qqn37Z2RKvTI5xRh_WKRGXK28
youtube.com/watch?v=opZ1-rUFYMk
youtu.be/bij0F7kVe-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous (dead) Thread

only a 25% chance?

How do you get the class weapon collection titles?
MOst EQs drop the same weapons usually.

Mostly OT weapons.

What title?

Someone buy me a *Coat Edge I'll love you forever

No you won't.

you're not worth a coat edge you sea scum.

>another day of no Rays
>another day of no 14*
>another day of no *Coat Edge

Does hatou or sakura-gekka spam do more DPS on elder's arms?

The ones that increase damage by 2.5%

Yes I will
I'm not sea scum please be nice to me

Is there space for a random EQ between next crasher and xmas?

Yep. Enjoy it being TD1.

Why are all the girls posted here skinny enough to look like spindly horror game creatures?

because it's funny. the above pic looks like its from twitter.

Woah! That scared the heck outta me user.

ayy

How can I do BQs? Do they only appear as EQs?

They feel so fucking rare. I really need to get my weapon from the sheet so I can actually play the game but they are just never there.

Unlock them by doing episode 5.

Just to be clear you don't have to do very much of it, takes like 30 minutes.

Makes sense. People calling them BQs when they only appear as EQs seemed weird. Thank you.

Is Mark Joyo something I should be looking for when buying a Val weapon? Seem like the Marks have the best stats of any affix but aren't transferrable?

No.

Angar is the best mark
I think gift receptor works on them but im not sure

I didn't expect to get one of these

I figured Joyo would be better, 10 less atk but it gives HP instead of dex. I'll look into the gift thing

one of the marks gives atk and +5pp it might not be angar idk

It doesn't.

Ship 2 B-212 by the shrine if anyone would like to do FQs! I'll be afk for a few mins

Marks can't be transfered, don't waste your time.

dead game

By "non-transferable", it means that if you do ANYTHING AT ALL affix-wise to it, it will disappear. That's especially useless on a Val/Atra since you will need to re-affix it to put SSAs for it to be worth using at all.

Wow. Ran away from me

Wow.

Is it worth starting this game as a new player in 2018 or should I just ignore it

They'll be putting decent 13* weapons and 12* units in the weapon shop so it's up to you whether you want to play this game or not.

Yes. This thread can shitpost all it wants but no better MMO exists right now.

I don't know what the implications of this are

I stick with it because it is the best dress up simulator out there.

Thank you if that's true.

Well I'm new and having fun so I guess it doesn't really hurt to try.

Actual decent weapons and gear for end game usage that will be easily obtainable.

Doesn't take much to affix end game gear.

A few more of these are finished now. It was kind of tough to come up with a satisfying way to draw this character's big hair antennae, but eventually it worked out.

This one unfortunately isn't the best, I got hung up on trying to draw the cat eyes and Dewman tattoo things and never quite recovered.

is this fun if I have no friends

I'd rather have someone enter expert mode with Ray units than the current welfare 12* units.

One more left to post.

the game is fun after you unlock expert matching
multiplayer is literal hell before that

Drawfriend, you're the best, keep on truckin

love it

And I'm done for now. Didn't exactly mean to cut off the right hand, but this guy ended up being a bit bigger than I intended and I ran out of page space.

If you like action games, sure. It's easy to find players via the in-game matching functions for most of the relevant group content, so you shouldn't really have any trouble getting into it.

Damn, I love your mecha drawings.

Add my grumpy space cowgirl to your backlog if at all possible.Unless you were that person that drew it earlier.

Can you draw a collection of shiny caseal rears

youtube.com/watch?v=d2A_m5e1cG0
post ult lili grind music

youtube.com/watch?v=Z9sXwl15Ym8&index=2&list=PLAzo_S-1qqn37Z2RKvTI5xRh_WKRGXK28

Well whoever drew them, it wasn't me. So sure thing!

i sleep

Wowee thank you, the face, hair and eyes are really well done I love it. I guess dewman skin patterns are intricate and tricky to draw.

What's a good time to find parties for BQs? If you're grade trash can.

He said "Heck that's cute." Thanks very much for your work my friend. Seeing your art is the main reason I check this thread now. You're a kind soul.

wish this fucking game didn't close when locking your pc

youtube.com/watch?v=opZ1-rUFYMk

youtu.be/bij0F7kVe-o

I got my first proper weapon from a welfare sheet. How do I grind this? Just feed it whatever to get it to 35 or do I have to do it properly?

You need 5 more copies.

Feed it the same weapon to raise its grind cap, and feed it nox weapons that have been grinded to 30 since lambda grinders are probably scarce since you finished your first cf.

That's basically what I meant to ask, yes. Guess I really have to grind the copies. Would've been a bit less suffering if any 13* weapon was alright.

Which one is it? If you're lucky you'll get a drop of the weapon with an increased cap, which makes it much faster.

The BQ one. I guess it's okay now that some kind soul here told me I can do them outside EQs by doing the darn story.

Just need to get out of Wet Paper Towel League to find matches.

There's two of those, Evleda or Detonation? Evleda is 10 times faster than Detonation.

Evleda. I'll never get the last part of Detonation anyway but I did get one as a drop.

And Evleda has higher ATK so it appeals to my noob instincts.

Bear in mind that Evleda is pretty crap outside of BQs. If all you're fishing for is a temporary 13 star weapon to +35 then its not a big deal though. Just don't go crazy trying to affix it or anything.

>Bear in mind that Evleda is pretty crap outside of BQs
Lies
They are okay, specially on mobbing quests.

usually the potential is more important than the base atk

AYYY

What is the point of these posts?

What is the point of your post?

are you also a fellow ayy m8

post your crush

>make a techer character
>pop two 15k exp tickets
>NPC party members kill things faster than I do

Jeez. Whenever I started the game with s-atk or r-atk classes, everything in the early game melted, even to garbage starter weapons and whatever level 1 PAs the class came with. Is this truly the power of a techer?

>If all you're fishing for is a temporary 13 star weapon to +35 then its not a big deal though
It is, although it's not like I can't back off now that I don't even have one extra copy of it yet.

What other one could/should I go for and why is it shit outside BQs?

You can work on a detonation too if you want. You can also try running a bunch of xmas triggers and hoping for fornis drops.

LMAO

It's potential increases damage by only 8% which is rather low (for comparison, Qliphad has 14%, Nemesis/Slave has 17%), but when you upgrade it using the crystals you get from BQs, it increases your damage by 20% instead during certain phases of BQs (Defence for Cleasis, Buster and Attack for Schvelle), making it one of the strongest weapons available during the phases on which its active.
Evledas (and it's upgraded versions) do have the side perk of refunding a certain amount of PP for each enemy killed, which is nice when many enemies are dying quickly, so it's not strictly horrible for mobbing-oriented quests, but it won't do anything when fighting big raid bosses.

no
everything dies that fast now

So should I just get it to +35 so I can play the actual game or should I focus on getting a proper weapon to keep upgrading from the beginning? I have no idea what's the best course of action.

I guess it's a bit too late for Fornis though. The event is over in a few days so I won't be able to get 6 of them anyway.

You can't get them from CFs, no, but they drop pretty frequently in XH. You'd have to do a lot of them, though, but its worth it cause even if you don't get one, the drops are pretty good for selling, plus you get a chance at two good 12 star units.

Get it to +35. It's a perfectly serviceable weapon and way better than the other easy option of buying Vals. Just don't invest much money into affixing it past that, and you can re-use it for its SAF on something else later. Sentence Arma/Tiro/Magia is pretty alright.

>So should I just get it to +35 so I can play the actual game
Depends on where you are right now. If you just want to unlock level 80 cap, then get whatever you want. Its still going to be better than any 12 star weapon.

Are you trying to cast techs to do damage, or are you using wand whacks? Each whack does tens of thousands of damage with good gear.

I'm still waiting to unlock my first 80 cap but in the end I don't even know what's the point of that. The endgame is a fucking mystery to me.

So what do I do in the future after I get it to 35? Where do I get a proper weapon to actually keep working on?

Sounds like an RNG hell I'd be stuck in forever with my luck though.

>Where do I get a proper weapon to actually keep working on?
By getting one of the better 13 star weapons as drops from Deus/Ultimate, buying an Atra weapon, or praying that Sega blesses you with a 14 star you care about. That's it. You just scrap up whatever CFs you can in the meantime.

Since you mentioned Atra, it is worth noting that buying an Atra weapon shouldn't be that expensive now. Affixing it with the SSAs you want will still be a problem, but even without them Atra should easily be stronger than an Evleda weapon.

Probably not for someone as new as he is, but he can work towards it.

You can get a 60 element val by doing tacos once honestly