/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

finally fucking updated the OP for you WEENIES edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with an Autumn 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, PS+ Not Required
↳Elder Dragons Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Deviljho Update Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=kahQKbMiJ5U
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=A1YcjzUomLs
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHW, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

didn't update the FUCKING OP:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5d6qoEUzWS0
youtube.com/watch?v=xMLZf5UJBqc
youtube.com/watch?v=muGwnEkFXFI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So you guys are going to help me get the blue samurai set right?

>armor set has only defensive skills
>weapons have "long green"
instantly trashed

Sure user, post what hunter name you will be using and I'm down.

I don't know how to pass the rest of the month. Nothing sounds fun all of a sudden.

It's more of a collection thing than trying to get my hands on practical armor

just putting out a feeler but will ask again on the 26th

meow

Sleep. Thats gonna suck up most of my time till the beta then release

Do Sex is a PS+ game this month.

Don't be shy user, it is imperative that you post now what name you will be using.

Sleep a lot and shitpost when you're not asleep.

It's a secret

Hey.

You talking about this armor? What platform?

psquadruple

I'm a nub to MH but I'd be willing to do the quest with you if you can actually get the quest. Since I'm not in nipnong land I can't get the code.

me neither which is why I'm asking if someone who went to nippon or has a code will carry me.

Draw the last monster you capped.

im in bed right now, so imagine that this is an IOU for a poorly drawn hyper seregios

Ah my bad friendo, I thought you were looking for someone just so you don't have to solo the mission.

hi

DELET

I hope nobody is solo'ing it that would be a waste

>it is imperative that you post now what name you will be using.
Tinklediddler.

Do you think it will use Kusha or Gore skeleton?
What would want it to be ? an actual zombi dragon or a different monster wearing a dragon corpse or an elder infected by another parasite monster?

I think it'll use Kush's skeleton since Gigante already uses Gore's.

The teeth are identical, so that lower jaw is either its own, or its the most fucked up version of cubone ever.

it'll probably end up being an edgy version of chameleos

Post hunting music

youtube.com/watch?v=5d6qoEUzWS0

Let It Die was absolute dog shit but my god if that game didn't have a godly soundtrack

*looks closer*
it's a jaggi

I don't get how people listen to music not from the game while playing, it's distracting

It's obviously wearing the skin of a bigger Vaal Hazak. Take a look at this picture. Red outlines are the actualy monster, green is dead flesh.

>Last map is confirmed to be on the moon.

>cant listen to music and play a video game at the same time

are you capable of walking and breathing at the same time?

Dragon's Dogma?

It's pretty good. I like Survive Said the Prophet.

Try reading full sentences.

>Dragon's Dogma
>Moon
???????

>I don't get how people listen to music not from the game while playing, it's distracting

are you capable of walking and breathing at the same time?

This shit is dope, didn't know LID had such great music. Thanks for the heads up m8

>it ends up being cut from the final product

does /mhg/ draw?

draw your fav if you do.

DD used to have the final level on the moon. It gut cut, like said.

Drawing is the only thing I've ever felt passionate about in my life and I spent some 20 years practicing everyday, but it also makes me constantly feel suicidal so I stopped. Now I don't have anything that makes me happy.

Not even monhon?

>Used to.
It never had it, it was cut pre-production so the reference makes no sense.

Monster Hunter is fun for a while but it's not something that can keep you happy every hour of everyday. I usually play new MH games obsessively for a month or so when they come out and then get bored.

An old /mhg/ pal drew this. Seriously talented fella.

I see, sounds like you need to fill a void, hope you find out what fits it for good.
Wow that's marvelous, so colorful.

I don't like it, too many triangles and squares with barely any circles. Does he vary in style or do all his works have limited geometry?

Fucked if I know, I'm no art critic. I like his works.

well he's pretty godtier at the cartoony stuff I'll give him that. He'd do great at stickers and badges.

Hope his still around, das some nice ass art.

lately I've been listening to a lot of vocaloid shit like a giant fag
youtube.com/watch?v=xMLZf5UJBqc

when you've played for a couple thousand hours or more the music in the game is like a drill going into the side of your head, and playing with music feels better than playing without for those moments where the action syncs up with swells in the music

I could come up with examples, but instead I'll just show you this great MAD that is also a TA
youtube.com/watch?v=muGwnEkFXFI

I'll cheat and use my response from the last time someone said this, drawn with a mouse in ms paint :^)

I can actually draw but I do not have a tablet, a printer or the time to meticulously make something nice with a mouse.

Das pretty good, got to do something waiting on world.

I only know how to draw with a mouse and mspaint too.

tl note: "printer" means "scanner" but I have brain problems

Why is this a thing? Why do people draw monster in boxes? It's adorable and everything but why is it even a thing? Something about giving away free kittens on the street or something?

Ive always thought it was because cats like boxes so why dont monsters like boxes.

man, you guy are making me want to draw now
i havn't drawn in years, i remember doing the tri poster with pastel, i wish i could post it for you guys but i'm not at home right now

White Ink on Black paper

I love work on black paper. It pleases my eyes.

I also doodled this once, a Gore Magala and a Xenomorph

especially since over half of the first- and second-gen large monsters are based in part on cats (eg Raths, Teo and Jang are all lions, Narga is a puma, Tigrex is a tiger)

Shaggy is a butterfly though

I sometimes draw, but not MH stuff.

Also an Atlal Ka piece. Kinda off model. I drew this the day people found out about and I only had blurry 240p 3DS footage to go by

How are you guys coping with the fact that the Jho trailer has confirmed that the List includes ALL DLC monsters as well

Seriously, this is ALL were getting. No subspecies other than ratha, no cool elders, nothing. Make it even worse the new interview they confirmed again that the story stretches into high rank, so 40 hours literally includes the entire game

Hoppix(not him)
Also for future honts

>posting OC smug anime girls
fuck off

Final piece I'm sharing, a Deviljho fighting a Rajang. Not particularly pleased with how I posed Rajang, but oh well

>OC

>the Jho trailer has confirmed that the List includes ALL DLC monsters as well
I'm handing it fine because this is a retarded assumption. Like, sure, Alatreon is probably DLC too, but that's not any sort of evidence that they won't bring in new stuff as updates.

doesn't matter, waiting for G

also quality over quantity, XX had the largest roster to date iirc but people only ever hunted atlal-ka and sometimes deviants online, and 4U had a pretty big roster but most people either had a shitload of rajang hunts from the relic grind or a shitload of zinogre and gore hunts because they're easy, fun hunts that have GQs and the normal quests are key/urgent so it's not hard to find randoms doing them. That said, I'm not too impressed with the returning roster, as much as I love teo and kush.

On Veeky Forums OC means "original content." This isn't dA where it means "original character donut steel fukker."

What if apex monsters are back

The roar is from a Valphalk skeleton

Apexes are a G rank thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they're back in world g though

Not in a HR game at least
If Apex ever comes back I hope they don't go full retard and make them immune to element until the frenzy breaks again

>No subspecies
This is a bad thing? Sure, some of them were cool, but they were basically glorified reskins.
>How are you guys coping with the fact that the Jho trailer has confirmed that the List includes ALL DLC monsters as well
Where did you get this? It just confirms that Jho will be added "later".

since squads(guilds) will be a thing in world, did anyone come up with a name for the /mhg/ squad?

I just hope they bring back Peco as well as Jho

How about "/mhg/"

/mhg/

>F4G
>K3K
>

this bad boy is gonna be in World, r-right?

Honestly most subs should just have their movesets given to the base species in high/g rank. BYKK is a really good example of a monster where the sub is just an upgrade to the base species. Those that actually change the monster's element/hitzones significantly, adding gear variety more than monster variety, like stygian zinogre, are kosher imo and while it's a bad example because it's a fucking garbage monster things like niggerstripe zamtrios that share a gimmick with another monster and shouldn't really be a distinct model but have very different fights overall are too.

>unironically wishing for the objectively worse gigginox

Fuck no

>(Something about wanting to fuck Rathian)

They are only similar in habitat and appearance, they have completely different fights.

I thought Ice Agnaktor was pretty cool, considering it forced you to change the playstyle. Others just add "Oh, he does this thing this way but with a different element."

800lbs of POISON ASS would be a decent guild name

go on

Whatever it is, to me it will be The Blacklist.

Fuck i had almost forgotten the black list

Most don't even have a different element. They're either better (like BYKK, or stygian ignoring the fact that it also has a different element) or worse (like purple gypceros or raths) versions of the base monster with the same element and everything. At best they're a tradition that the devs feel obligated to uphold and most end up as filler monsters as a result, at worst they're filler monsters to begin with because the devs are lazy and don't want to put in the effort to fill out the roster with unique monsters.