/owg/ - Overwatch General

This man cries to Kaplan and gets Mercy slapped with nerfs, what do you do? - Edition

>Mercy - Valkyrie gutted
>Spamhamster - LEARN TO AIM WITH MINES FAGGOT

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-gb/yeti-hunt

>Latest PC patch notes
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Event item tracker
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/WINTER_WONDERLAND

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com/

>Waifuspam filter
pastebin.com/c3pvdbj4

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Hehehe... If they nerf Mercy I will quit Overwatch.
>They better no-

4st for reaper is a pedophile

Has the subhuman made another "I QUIT!!@!@!@!" video?

>the state of esports
This was posted on the Blizzard app

He did sorta. He said he wouldn't make a video but that this stream would be proof of him quitting

Here's the salt
twitch
.tv/videos/215378287?t=04h27m20s

she will never do it because money

Start playing the straight man?

>she
are you daft, cunt?

the girl's cute

Are you EU and in need of a duo partner?

she is a trans-lesbian

THROWER DON'T ADD

god this fish lipped faggot looks so ugly and punchable

a man that likes women
okay

Yes here, but not for OW if you know what I mean ;)

thrower do not add

Can you help me throw games?

>the state of mercy mains

a straight man with a fetish for being a girl*

aka gender dysphoria

death blossom doesn't take that much skill but regardless it's hilarious how that turbo retard talks like all ults are equal

NU-HUMANS

positioning and taking aoe into effect isnt skill? okay see you in top 500 like all mercy mains nigger

aka "being a faggot", no need for fancy descriptions.

fetish =/= gender dysphoria

employyes that act as seat fillers

gender dysphoria is a mental illness that can be cured. trannies chose hrt blockers instead

cant weait for eeveea to look like as neanderthal and stream his suicide

>cant weait for eeveea to look like as neanderthal and stream his suicide
A big coke and big popcorn please.

Here comes T.Racer!

>overwatch """lore"""

>It's a "Your team has THREE healers and not one of them is Mercy and none will switch so you lose to Mercy" episode

RELEASE THE FUCKING NERFS ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Overwatch should never have seen a closed alpha without at least 30 heroes. and should never have left beta without at least 40

you have been playing a product for almost 2 years that any self respecting company would be afraid to call an early access pre-order closed beta. trying to make every hero a special snowflake doesnt work when you only have 26 heroes. you can get away with that in a moba after you've made 75+ redundant heroes that serve the same function, not when you've got 20-some special snowflakes. they are placing so much value on what makes each hero that hero that they are afraid to transfer what's fun about them onto a new character archetype. theyre on the right track with moira, but the fact that it takes them 4 months to release a jumble of rehashed abilities with overlapping functions is not acceptable. the game does not have that kind of time, and it's a joke that a company with the production power blizzard has is unable to pump out content on a monthly basis at least

soon

>first you shit-talk mercy and mercy players
>then you come back crying why you have no mercy
The state of (You).
You want rez? Too bad, here orb fuck you.

reminder that these are the people responsible for balance changes

>Pick a tank
>Get one shot by Hanzo who can't land his shots

What could Blizzard possibly have meant by such a thing?

Lose --> don't have fun
Win --> get matched with more skill players --> Lose

I literally had a guy named DragonSlayer in my game play Hanzo even though he's a mercy main

>and it's a joke that a company with the production power blizzard has is unable to pump out content on a monthly basis at least
BUT BUT BUT ANONYMOUS
BUT BUT BUT THE ESPORTS
THE TOXICITY

They probably already finished Hero 27 and the next map. Fuck Blizzard and especially fuck consoles

JEDD DAD BUFF MEI NOW PLS HAHA MERCY DESERVES TO BE META NOW AMIRITE

Blame Jeff 'Tigole' Kaplan, he did a 180 when he became head of Overwatch and forces everything to be done as slowly as possible for the lulz and to distance himself formt he days he demanded nonstop content be made and released or else he was quitting Everquest forever.

if you are not 100% passable you shouldn't even try...

>lucio or junkrat ever getting frozen by blizzard without being stunned
why are all comic artists bronzies

The only way Lucio's escaping a Blizzard is if he was on the edge of it and already in speed mode.

Once esports kicks off you can bet that people like
>pic related
will moan for balance fixes and changes.
They have been told repeatedly to send emails to Jeff and Nate recently for feedback.

Maybe finally we can get larger fov
If you don't believe me this happened to Rainbow 6 which fixed their game once the esports kicked in because they didn't want to look bad on camera with all the glitches, hitreg errors and balance fuckups.

Same goes for League of Legends, it's in the contract for casters to not mention any bugs during pro play (it happens sometimes if its too severe) because riot is paranoid about looking bad.
Same will happen to Blizzard because all those reg issues, bullshit hooks, glitches will become more apparent as the games are streamed and watched by hundreds

lucio did not escape blizzard's AOE balancing and meta shuffling

>>pic related
you mean screech and throw tantrums

good lucios reactively speed amp when the voice line plays
thats why back when mei was relevant the gooks came up with mei ult setplay where she throws it into the air and it comes down in a specific spot, usually directly on the point, way after the amp expires

No hero can escape that.

i'm saying it's too early for serious balance
definitely way too early for full mechanical reworks of their roster. they literally do not have enough heroes for the game to be secure in any state of balance

dota 2 (which sees 99% of it's 100-some roster being played at official tournaments worth $25mil) can get away with 3-4 heroes being broken or unplayable.

when one hero in OW's tiny roster is broken or unplayable, you literally cannot ignore it, and any balance changes you make are going to impact the overall balance 10 times more than it would in a 100+ roster

Do YOU love Overwatch (TM) as much as I do? Then buy our awesome Lootboxes (TM) for interesting skins!
Tip: Buy them in bulk, that increases your chance of winning fantastic skins or emotes!

A mercy main talked to me today.

>girls
>talking to (You)
Yeah, nah.

ANN DÉSSÉ, SHIVERRY IS DED

COMBO BR-COMBO BREA-COM-COMBO BREAKER

Lena Oxton is cute! I want to marry her!

Mercy was better before the changes cause at least she wasn't broken as fuck

pre-rework mercy was cancer for mercy, her team, and the enemy team

yeah she was
zen was just more broken

Every OWL team is going to be running mercy, aren't they?

no theyre gonna gimp themselves on purpose

IN HER KNEES, KAPLAN
IN HER FRAIL, SKILLLESS KNEES

Remember, Hanzo is useless without scatter. Has been confirmed my Kraplan himself.

It would be apex kek tier if they would openly agree to not use mercy at all.

depends on what patch they are going to play

Don't tell anyone this on the forums or in the game, though, they will mass-attack you in an orgy of rage.

hanzos useless regardless
hes just badpharah with crutch mechanics instead of actual mobility

so I imagine blizz will keep all mercy nerfs except the valk res speed, right?

probably bait

Streamers are cancer. and Qxc is a manchild.

this happened before, remember when valk used to reduce res cd to 10s
they ended up reverting almost everything and giving her two res charges immediately instead

I hope she just gets made shittier and shittier
i need more mercy main tears

Hi everyone, I am still a noob at this game (only level 40, only played comp a couple times never enough to finish placement matches) and I'm trying to get good at this game. I am having trouble picking a main to practice with and get good at because it always seems to make more sense to choose a character that complements the composition of the team.
Anyways I always try my best to do objectives and help the team win. I'm not especially bad and I've even gotten a few POTG recently with various characters like Orisa, Hanzo, Bastion, and Moira. But everytime I think I'm good enough and feel confident enough to jump into com I just get outplayed and I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing while my team is doing something else.
For example I was playing Orisa on lunar colony attack last match, trying to help the team advance by using my shield and cover fire, etc, but no one would follow me. If i went through the main door to B they would all flank through the balcony and die instantly because they were snipers and dps with no tank or shield. If i tried going up to with them then they would go around the other way without me. I couldn't figure out if they wanted me to be a decoy and I was just doing a bad job or of they were the ones doing a bad job because my shield could have protected them enough to do their dps and clear the objective if some of them came with me.
Anyways we lost that match but I got 4 gold medals and POTG. But it didn't mean much since we lost.

So will this kill the Mercy or just put her on the same level as other characters?

I hope for the former, but it will probably be the latter. I hope some of the mercy shitters actually quit the game and/or kill themselves. Either way works for me

>For example I was playing Orisa on lunar colony attack last match, trying to help the team advance by using my shield and cover fire, etc, but no one would follow me.

Try it with reinhardt next time. More shield and more control over the shield. Yes, you cannot shield and shoot at the same time, that's why your retarded teammates exist (as long as they stand behind the shield).

god this shit is so embarassing

ok

jesus christ

> League of Legends: 138 champions
> Dota 2: 114 champions
> Smite: 92 champions and Cerberus is coming soon to make it 93

uuuh.. blizzard? where are the good dynamic and skillful heroes? with good and amazing kits unlike Moira and Orisa?

Defend this blizzdrone

Speaking of OWL, does anyone think they'll actually get to the point where teams have home stadiums and they have to do all that traveling during the season?

Fuck no.

>does anyone think they'll actually get to the point where teams have home stadiums and they have to do all that traveling during the season?

I just don't get it. I haven't won a singel game today. I play all classes so it's not like I'm forcing something. Few bad pushes and my healers will change to Hanzo/whatever. It's impossible to climb this way.

>Playing comp seriously
dumb frogposter

I'm torn. On one hand I want owl to crash and burn to see blizzard humiliated. On the other i would feel bad for the pros. It's not really their fault that blizzard is a piece of shit company now

>comp placements
>shitter instalocks hanzo
>whatever
>he can't even get kills with ult
>one time I saw him fire dragonstrike at the floor in front of him to kill a tracer, presumably he was trying to do scatter arrow
>team starts asking him to switch
>ignores everyone
>our zarya catches their entire team in a graviton
>shitter hanzo misses with his ult and kills nobody
>we lose
>team calls him out
>'im laying in bed stfu'

find 5 more like minded players and climb as a 6 stack. it's the only way

That's what I thought. I wonder how long it'll take blizzard to give up on that idea

You know it's not going to work when Nate claims he solved the home and away flights system which is impossible unless you have a teleportation device

>I wonder how long it'll take blizzard to give up on that idea
Blizzard doesn't give up on bad ideas they keep milking them and praying they turn out good eventually

yeah especially xQc, but i don't think they're worried for it. They're pro players after all, they got high reflex and gaming capacity.

xQc used to stream League of Legends and he was a high tier players (the time he used to stream in french too) and also he used to be pretty good at CS:GO he strictly played with the Nova there.

So if OWL burns, xQc can easily go back to CS:GO or League of Legends to make a new names for himself in the rude E-sport market. The same to seagulls, but he's only good in OW, so it means that he's not gonna be as good in other games. OW is entry tier game for baby.

>with good and amazing kits unlike Moira and Orisa?

What's wrong with their kits? Not enough giant explosions and instant team-murder for you?

I got to masters by maining Reinhardt even though I don't think I'm that good at Reinhardt.

>What's wrong with their kits?
Orisa is literally an amalgam of other characters