/2hug/ - Touhou General - #86.5

Shion Culture edition
Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Touhou is Shion's game!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Reisen_Udongein_Inaba#Abilities
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know what's going on, were you that butt devastated that you deleted the thread? Huh, Junkoposter?

But why?

Ah, isn't that glorious?

Even the moderation of Veeky Forums is against you.

Right.

Apparently someone was able to talk to mods earlier this month or the month before, and said it's a rogue janny who just deletes threads for no reason.

Again and again and again I have told you about the flaws of this thread and that it serves no purpose.

But like a stubborn donkey you remained at your place while the forrest arrounds you is engulfed in flames.

Enjoy the rest of your lifetime.

I didn't spend all that time typing for nothing.

>1. How did you get into Touhou in the first place? Was it through a friend, or did you stumble across it by complete chance? What was the first game you tried playing?
>2. Have you ever seen Touhou related merchandise outside your home, or someone playing the games out in public? If so, did you approach them about it or simply ignore them?
>And 3. Who was the first 2hu you saw/knew about and who is your favorite now? The Ronald McDonald video doesn't count for Flandre.

Imperishable Night superplay video on youtube. Found it by searching for superplays.

Everyone around here hides their power level. Plenty of people online but never seen anything out in the wild.

I actually saw a toybox doujin long before finding out about 2hus. If I had to pick a favorite it would be canon Alice.

Why go for us then, doing it to a bigger one like /feg/ would be way funnier.

Sometimes I try to imagine what's it like, being a Junkoposter.

Such sadness, such terrible sadness.

Anyone who would become a janitor on Veeky Forums just so they can go rogue probably has some autistic axe to grind.

Hey, can you start using a name or tripcode? Makes it much easier to filter

>I didn't spend all that time typing for nothing.
Same here.
>"bycicle Yukari"
This is still better than "I want to have 15 children with Yuuka", we have Pls rember for Yuuka too, so it's kinda redundant. Bicycle Yukari's original fanart is also etched in the Untrodden Valley's field, so it's iconic.
>"Byakuren did nothing wrong"
As long as there will be Taofags who try to meme into existence a distorted version of "Byakushit the hypocrite" or whatever, this "meme" is going to be here to stay.

Apparently said Janny has a vendetta against generals with thread numbers, I guess he just doesn't want anyone else to become the next /ksg/ or something.

>byakuren does nothing wrong
Byakuren did nothing wrong!
>byakuren does something wrong
Byakuren did nothing wrong!

I don't think that's how justice works.

Is this the only general affected with getting threads deleted?
The buddhist and taoist shitflinging got so stale that no one has done it in a while so I don't think she should stay. I can at least agree that Bicycle Yukari should stay.

Discuss bunnies
What are they for?

Useless.

Fuck you, you law nerd

Based janny taking out the trash.

Bunnies are for cuddling.
Vampires are for making babies.

Target practice.

How are you supposed to impregnate a dead womb, user?
Tell me your secrets.

No bully eiki!

Just keep trying, user.

It's just Shodan roleplaying as her favorite 2hu. Not much else to it.

loving

Blessed image.
Just be yourself.

I don't know. Will she abandon me in the of war like she did to her comrades in the past?

The bunnies do not deserve any love except for reisen

>except for Rei'sen
Fixed that for you

Absolutely fugging!

That someone was me, and you are more or less correct, the mods had no idea what was going on, they said it may take some time to get an answer, but I forgot my IRC password for the account so we may never know the answer, but given that we got deleted twice after that it's safe to say the mods do not give a single shit about us, that's what happens

And we are not the first general for this to happen to, other generals also get deleted for no reason by jannies.

The MEGA MILK thread had a number on it and didn't get deleted, so I really don't know what this janman is doing.

That said is the user who hosts PoFV here? Wanna do another first to 5?

Nah, fuck you Eiki! We get it, you enforce the law. Everyone can do that, it's not a big deal.

Again and again and again I have told you about the strenghts of this thread and that it serves a purpose.

But like a wise sage you remained at your place while the forrest (????) arrounds (????) you is engulfed in tranquility.

Enjoy the rest of your lifetime.

Enslaving so that they can do your housework and cuddle

Oops didn't mean to quote you twice there. Wanted to use in the first sentence.

No.

>people still think Reisen did anything wrong running from the moon where every other moon rabbit and other lunarians corroborates that being a moon rabbit sucks
Seriously, they're second class citizens at best, slaves at worse. Either way they're just pawns to use in any war against youkai or outside worlders.

It's that random Touhou newfag again, trying my best with EoSD. Starting with it because even though it's one of the harder ones I figure it's appropriate to play the first in the current canon that introduces a lot of recurring characters. Also if I can manage to beat a harder one I can breeze through PCB and IN.

Anyway, I suck at it. I'm trying Normal No Continues because I want to manage to get the good ending, but with how little progress I'm actually making I'm wondering if this is the wrong way to approach it. Should I instead use some Continues or play on Easy? I did try on Easy using Continues but only made it partway through Stage 4... If Normal 1cc is my ultimate goal, though, I feel like practicing that mode is the most important thing.

Anyway if you can provide any random tips and strategies for how to git gud that would be great thank you

As much practice as you can get with the game. Seriously, spend as much time as you can bear with the game and keep it fresh by switching up games if you have to, use continues and blow through the game, then try again and aim to use less, NEVER SWITCH TO EASY MODE IT WILL TEACH YOU BAD HABITS. Also, no touhou game really has consistent recurring characters, outside Yukari, Maris and Reimu. It's really a crapshoot as to whether or not your favorite girl will even be mentioned or show up as a cameo in the recent print works, unless she's actually important.

Is there anyone in Gensokyo as lonely and friendless as Yukari? Even though it's common for them to have parties all the time, Yukari is rarely ever there, or at the sidelines at best; everyone just views her as a nuisance or a suspicious person.

Yukari has friends in Yuyuko and Suika though. She's also out cold a great majority of the time. And she's also a wizened, very weird woman, she may not even mind, or accepts the burden placed on her to uphold gensokyo's barrier since it's vital to both her survival and every youkai inside of it.

Yukari is such a sad person.

I take it she's just lazy and doesn't give a shit most of the time. Then again I'm going strictly off IN's description of her.

Try on Normal, you can use continues if you want to get a grasp of the late stages or to unlock their practice mode.
I can recommend to play with a clear mind, to always keep your point of view on your near sorroundings, to focus and that you shouldn't bomb spam but you should know that bombing is better than losing a life.

But Ran does all the work. She just sits home with Chen. She's literally the crazy old cat lady.

In a nutshell, she's pulling the strings and playing 4D chess on most things that happen on Gensokyo

I would recommend at least attempting to discuss some 2hu vidya

The first scenario doesn't pose problems.
The second one doesn't reflect the conduct of the discussions that take place in the general, as the typical defense isn't a mere negation of the accusation.
We also have Discord when? and Play for score that have been missing for a while. The Byakuren discussion however is quite relevant, as it's distinctively remembered and held as a parameter for shitfl-I mean, meaningful discussions.
>no one has done it in a while
Hey, if you want, I have some free time right now.

Touhou is a video game series, so by definition any Touhou discussion is a video game discussion.

So I shouldn't aim for good ending first, as continues are good for practice? Cool, thank you. Also, is there a "best" character and spell carc for EoSD in particular? I hear that IN is super easy "depending on who you choose", but after experimenting with the EoSD choices it seems to me like it's up to preference. As for what set I prefer, I find a lot of success in Reimu's Persuasion Needle and sometimes the Homing Amulet but I just adore using Marisa's Illusion Laser despite it being a bit harder to work with.

Also if you want a sense of just how awful I am, I'm stuck on Cirno.

ReimuB (needles) is always a solid choice in ever game it's in. Really it's mostly preference unless it's like some literally worthless shot type. And don't worry, once you get it, stages 1-3 will become a cake walk, stage 4 and up is when the real pain begins.

Did she hate her rabbit friends?

She's very lazy and playful, but also manipulative and secretive. Extremely dangerous to deal with.

Well boys after realizing my first 1cc done about a year ago was completed with extreme heresy, I decided to give this another shot. I think I'll use Marisa as I've already done it with Reimu.

I was only getting 25 fps for some reason, but I fixed this by running the game as Admin.

So it's probably not a good idea to play Mario Party with her then. Mario Party 2hu when?

Never lost contact with them and rabbits are just as afraid of impurity as the lunarians are. Reisen even describes the environment as harsh to Ringo in LoLK after you beat her. Might as well be asking for your friends to move out of one shitty place to a literally toxic environment.

"Literally worthless shot type"
>Magic Missile (As far as I know at least, I'll probably have to eat my words)
Any tips on bomb usage? I normally try to conserve them as much as possible, but my reaction time isn't quite good enough for me to save myself from death with one, as in stressful situations they tend to slip my mind. The only time I regularly use one is at the beginning of stage 2 to grab tons of power.

ayyy eosd buddies how quaint

Feel free to use bombs liberally, but don't over use them. It's a balance you'll have to learn. But bombs are an easy to recover resource, always burn a bomb before a life.

1. Play on Normal
2. Finish the game with continues
3. Unlock all the stages in practice mode
4. Practice stage 1-4 until you hardly using any bombs
5. Spam bombs on stage 5 and 6

1cc'ing EoSD doesn't mean you can breeze PCB and IN. My suggestion is alternate between all 2hu games so that you can polish your avoiding skill and keeping the game fresh. Play TD, it forces you to rely on your dodging skill than bombspamming.

>as continues are good for practice
I agree with the other user's advice, no beginner is getting a 1cc on his first try. Using Continues also allows you to unlock the later stages in Practice mode, which is a huge benefit.
>Also, is there a "best" character and spell carc for EoSD in particular?
Fortunately all the shot types in EoSD are good, but my main is MarisaA: her bomb is no Master Spark, but her shot is quite powerful. When I was beginner though, I used to pick ReimuA, the homing helps you a lot, especially when you want to collect items via PoC, as EoSD 1ups are score based.

Seems i've unlocked a hidden mode by alt tabbing in and out of the game. Is Rumia about to revelar her true form?

Good luck in your runs my dude.

>1cc'ing EoSD doesn't mean you can breeze PCB and IN.
Why are you lying to the poor user? I 1cc'd PCB the day after I 1cc'd EoSD, IN is where it got hard though.

They had Nue way back in EoSD?

>Is Rumia about to revelar her true form?
Pick one:
>boring EX Rumia
>Rin Satsuki
>Flandre
>Mima

I tell you what guys this retexture pack is really adding in a whole new experience!

>Using the graphics patch
DELETE
DELETE
DELETE

Those are all boring.

Secretly, Nue was actually Rumia's splintered self and one the two halves come together, Rumia's ofuda comes right off and she reveals her TRUE POWER.

She never make contact with her comrades after she cowardly flee from the moon. I'm not talking about getting away from shit environment. I'm talking about her abandoning her job protecting her comrades' sides, leaving them open for enemy to attack. She doesn't give a shit about moon rabbit friends.

Did you prefer "DiPP jacket girl"?

I never though I'd be on edge over fucking Cirno, holy shit she's easily the hardest stage 2 boss. The glitches seemed to have stopped now. But this is funny

>Alt-tab out of game
>Faint music of it starts playing in the background

Nice touch, kinda makes you wish ZUN did this in the later games.

I'm starting to think there's a janny with a raging hate-boner for touhou that constantly only watches /2hug/ and waits for any opportunity to delete the thread.

Where are you for /feg/ or literally any other general with cancer problems when we need you?

I've read a lot of stuff saying that IN was one of the easiest. I suppose it's all a matter of perspective after all.

I'll practice more bomb saves, in that case. Cirno will probably be a good guinea pig for that.

>my main is MarisaA
I'm curious as to how the magic missile is worth anything; for me it's been pretty worthless.

My personal theory on Rumia's ribbon is that it simply seals her ability to see in the dark.

>I'm curious as to how the magic missile is worth anything; for me it's been pretty worthless.
Most powerful shot in the game from a distance, better choice for extra too.

Hmm, normal person indeed.

>never got in contact with her friends
nigger what? You do realize she's been communicating with the moon rabbits using her ability literally up until around LoLK because her ability to do was getting weaker since she's essentially an earth rabbit now right? It would not surprise me if she offered someone to come to earth with her and they declined because earth is an unfriendly environment to them. The loyalty thing is also bullshit because moon rabbits have a notable lack of loyalty and duty, at least in the same way as humans see it. Even if she did stay, if war did break out, she'd be fighting for a place who treats her as an expendable pawn, while her other comrades abandon her as soon as shit actually gets hairy. Desertion would be rampant in the lunar defense force because rabbits are massive cowards, Reisen being a rather notable exception, especially after going to earth and changing.

>tfw Missingno is trying to save user from his shitty retexture patch.

ZUN has straight up said the ribbon is an ofuda, so using my minimal knowledge of nipponese mysticism, I think the effects would be a little bit more severe than just that.

Nice but why no one gives a shit about the PC-98 or Seihou?

>Meiling made me use 3 of my fucking bombs

How am I doing worse than myself 1 year ago?

user I have zero clue on what you're trying to say.

Magic Missle rips through bosses, and is the best Marisa shot in the game (keep in mind this is coming from a Marisa B loyalist.)

Ofuda can do tons of things, user.
Also rendering Rumia practically blind is a pretty fucking severe thing.

5 lives behscuse me

Once I finish 6-8 my plan is to download a PC-98 emulator and try LLS

LLS is actually great even tho my favorite is PoDD. The OSTs and the caracters are really great. Underrated games.

Because nobody here plays games.
MS is unironically top 10 of all Touhou games. LLS is also alright.
Seihou exists. It is a thing. Yup. 1 is fun, 2 is ok, 3 is trash.

>PoDD
>The game that is easier to pacifist than to beat legit.
LOL

>I'm curious as to how the magic missile is worth anything
What said. Also, I really like the speed on higher difficulties, Reimu gets me killed on those and I don't like MarisaB lasers.
The hero he needs, but not the one he deserves. Maybe.
We did have some PC-98 discussions in our threads, even about gameplay. Last thing I did was trying Lunatic HRtP, but the extra bullets kicked my ass. I was playing on T98 Next though, I have to redownload Neko Project II.
Never played Seihou, but I heard it's really difficult to run the trilogy even on Win7.

We all know why Seihou 2 is the best.

>You do realize she's been communicating with the moon rabbits using her ability literally up until around LoLK
Show me please.

Bitch, I'm not talking about Lunarians. I'm talking about her moon friends' lives. TRYING to protect the live of your friends is what important, the end results didn't matter. Not even trying is what makes Reisen a coward.

Sh yhid yjis yskrs nw vsxl

>Final boss of a mech/space ship game is a vampire
Nah.
Yuuka theme is legit though.

Are you sure this game isn't haunted?

Yeah it is, and even if it works the fps is just too fucking shitty (10 fps max?) that it becomes unbearable. It depends on the PC as well tho, it once reached like 50 fps (decent) so yeah it's not that hard to run especially if you know some gimmicks

Muse isn't a vampire tho. We don't know what she really is, and will probably never since the team started making some shitty 3D maid danmaku (totally not VIVIT)

I'm sorry, what?

Did someone say... Haunted touhou games?

Oh sorry I don't really know what happened there, I remember being the fucking zone though and didn't lose a life to those brutal danmaku attacks before fighitng patchy right now.

>show me please
"Moon rabbit abilities
Moon rabbits can send "ESP waves" and receive them with their ears, forming a sort of psychic network where they share feelings and rumors. Reisen can still participate in this network despite the physical and spiritual distance between Gensokyo and the Moon. Reisen has been depicted transmitting ESP waves from her eyes[3], but it is unknown whether this is the usual method or an example of her general wave manipulation abilities (or indeed, if her wave manipulation is just an advanced form of this ability)."

en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Reisen_Udongein_Inaba#Abilities

>muh friends
the same ones who would drop their weapons and bail on her if she did stay behind and fight. Moon rabbits are cowardly creatures and probably hopelessly outmatched by even outside worlders, because at least humans can hold the line and unlike youkai, both lunarians and moon rabbits can be killed from mundane injuries.

Fun fact, every copy of StB is actually cursed.

ksksks yhod oetyy hpps

My StB save file is forever fucked for some reason
It got corrupted while I was moving stuff, but none of the other games got affected

I mean, she can still manipulate space, right? :^)