/twg/ - Total War General

/European /twg/ intelligent discussion master race is superior to American /twg/ meme spamming brainlets/ EDITION

Total Warhammer 2 Info:
youtube.com/watch?v=IpWqKme-g_4
store.steampowered.com/app/617870
totalwar.com/blog/warhammer-ii-development-update

Thrones of Britannia Info:
totalwar.com/blog/anglo-saxon-england
youtube.com/watch?v=5MUdiBfXo04
totalwar.com/blog/alfred-the-great
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-campaign-map-reveal
youtube.com/watch?v=-Fu0UPnk4kc
totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq
store.steampowered.com/app/712100/Total_War_Saga_Thrones_of_Britannia/

Empire Divided Info:
youtube.com/watch?v=PhFP75EGPsI
store.steampowered.com/app/694880/Total_War_ROME_II__Empire_Divided/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/uGj4AUHR
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

Last thread :Screenshot sharing and campaignposting encouraged!

Remember /twg/

First for History.

Fuck off spooky!

Soon

NEVER EVER

All bow before taking it easy

And the moon people

>medieval 2 chad destroys entire fantasyfgadom and their """""arguments""""
comfy

M O D S

Fuck the other required mod though

strategy means the long term
tactics is the short term
Yeah priests should be trained wherever your theologian guild is, but if you do the same with merchants then by the time you're back to that trade good then you've lost so much money you could have invested elsewhere
med2 is bad for strategy because it's easy to get the pope on your side and then any enemies you get will be excommunicated
mongols appearing as a doomstack DOOD FORTS LMAO
the later games are better for strategy because if an enemy just stays in his settlements you have no way to beat him if you're just 1 settlement due to garrisons, you have to bait him out, or wait until he attacks someone else and THEN DECLARE WAR
trade rescoures limiting buildings means you need to get those rescoures before your ally in case they can't trade with you
While the 4 slot settlements are annoying, rome 2 did it better than atilla as a trade good was produced in the main building chain, giving you room for another farm or a +slave goods building

Making it so that cavalry charging spears takes massive damage for each damaged spearman would probably fix that nicely. Both units would then get almost wiped out, because even a dead horse has so much body mass that it will kill or cripple whatever it crashes into.

kholek soyeater

>tfw almost all of my counter point posts just got ignored and he just focused on the guy who was just as angry as him

Anyway lets just take it easy now

>strategy is long term
>tactics is short term

WRONG, didn’t read the rest of your post

soyvald

I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AS FUCKING WESSEX

>m2chads have returned /twg/ to a bastion of deep discussions regarding game mechanics from the clutches of the vile meme spammers (both hist and fant)
>even still the brainlet meme spammers endeavour to lower the IQ of total war players so we are susceptible to further CA jewry
>new mainline tw:china hist game will complete this dramatic turnaround to make /twg/ one of the greatest generals on the board again, back to the glory days of thick campaign posting of both hist and fant, and the flowing prose of in-depth discussion
>sorrows for the library of baghdad will become a faint memory as intellectuals the world over will flock to /twg/ for deep discussions regarding cycle charging

who /HistChadLedRenaissance/ here?

>bow
magic > guns > crossbows >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bows

This is the ideal Bretonnian Knight. You may not like it, but this is what peak chivalry looks like.

Maybe. It feels like it would be too easy to cheese the AI with that. They don't really make good decisions on who to charge(That doesn't matter when knights are so OP though). I prefer going closer to vanilla. I mean knights were still king in vanilla.

autism

tell me about BRETONNIAN knights

>chinakeks
This is gonna take at least as long to release as Duke Nukem Forever and you know it.

archaon the eversoylent

Sorry for reposting the questions, but I'm still clueless

I need some advices for skaven campaign. Both lords. Unit compositions? Strategy? What tecnology or building to rush? How fast to expand? I'm raiding my own provinces and my second Lord is more leveled than even my main. Feels cheap kinda. Is it normal to do that?

Who /Khalida bows and arrow for days run/ here when Tomb Kings releases.

>not being natty

This is the ideal Bretonnian Damsel. You may not like it, but this is what the peak of the Lady's blessing looks like.

Soythoreal

no point, this general is as good as fucking dead
too much degenerateposting to save it

Turn the very first ruin you find into a level 3 town
Build the catapult building
???
Profit.

They sure are cuter than their damsels and even the shit enchantress.

You send your first merchants out but as you get the guilds you start keeping them there for a bit and it pays off long term, eventually you’ll have a level 5 merchant leaving your territory every turn, you’ll be constantly running into agent limits and always maxing our right when you lose one. The pope actually adds strategy that is nonexistent in Warhammer but of course you’d just hand-wave it off like it was nothing as you people do with every feature that isn’t in Warhammer with some one-note little generic sentence with a single example that we’re suppose to take as a goddamn thesis or something what a joke, you can’t back up any of the points you make with actual arguments worth a shit. The later games are better for strategy? Is that a joke? The later games are so adorably easy on the campaign map that I literally never lose a settlement because you can cheee the ever living fuck out of the AI in any circumstance, you act like slaughtering a stack in a city is hard in Warhammer, if anything it’s easier than fighting them in the field since they just stand there and die. You have no arguments worth a damn, just a big attempt at getting the last word. Also it’s called acquisitions, which doesn’t affect diplomatic relations and so you can do it to your allies so it doesn’t matter if our ally gets there first if you have a better agent.

wha'ts the best total war game if i want to play peaceful islamic equivalent of kingdom or empire and defend my faith from barbaric crusaders and other types of christians?

Raiding your own territory is no joke so keep doing that. Eat your own as Skaven say. Skaven arty is also no joke. The lightning ones can fuck up enemy lords fast. Also globadiers are always handy.

They like licking things

early to mid just get catapults and meatshields with a few skirmishers
skaven have very strong magic so get a plague priest in every army plus the warlock engineer to buff your artillery
assassin is optional but can be good for killing enemy heroes and lords

Your “counter points” were absolutely pathetic and juvenile.

This has been going since almost forever though. It really picked up around Attila release. The /int/ threads were something else, but most of Veeky Forums "culture" was different back then anyway. Stop getting mad about everything and take it easy. It's just a fucking image board

Stainless steel with its jihad mechanic. Make allies with the other Muslims and hold back the tide of east and west. Turkey is excellent, probably one of the best factions.

Easy mode would be the crusades campaign for medieval 2 kingdoms. Normal Medieval 1 or 2 is also fine. Age of Charlemagne has conflicts like that if you want a newer game.

Araby soon if you want fantasy

Warhammer 2/3 after Arabya release.

I'm surrounded by bloodsuckers blobbing hard

>they release the darkelf admiral
>also add in naval battles at the same time

How? I think they were pretty polite

They’re deliberately fallacious which you are ok with because as long as you get the last word it’s fine for you.

Tomb Kings can't come soon enough.

Should have picked Azhag for that diplo bonus ;^)

You got the wrong guy. I said I wasn't the guy who was just as angry as you

That's literally the M2fag which pointedly doesn't come up with examples or videos/webms that show how things have supposedly been fixed.

I mean you could go check out melooo’s patch notes and I’ve posted plenty of pictures proving my point about the sieges and the artillery AI and all that

>tfw no wardancer girl gang to bully me

>tfw

>pictures

You also could get pictures of the vanilla game working fine, doesn't mean problems weren't there. Surely if the point is sound it's in the best interest of everyone to show it.

AI behaviour in sieges are probably tweakable, but the biggest issues surrounding responsiveness, units getting stuck and general pathfinding in sieges is pretty much unfixable for modders.

Someone please post the breathe in some warpstone gas pic

Fuck this is some pathetic foot-dragging

Hopefully they will run out of ammo

What about late?
And how do I properly use rat ogres? Just like a squishy slow cavalry?

>tfw no qt spellsinger gf

>he can't prove his claims that things have been fixed

Unfortunate.

Empire Divided wasn't worth it right?

I’ve learned utterly to deal with every conceivable responsiveness issue involving sieges and so it literally is not relevant to me, you have to actually try to reproduce these glitches to have them, there are things you can do to avoid it, it doesn’t actually pose a problem for somebody who knows how to work around it, it’s just a nitpick. Go at 3 gates at the same time, win at least one battle, rush the town square, and the rest of the AI will rush back to the town square to defend, which will open up the entrance they were guarding. I always open the gates because 2 spies=automatic 100% gate opened so I don’t use artillery at all. Basically your nitpicking isn’t relevant to me.

>ITS NOT TRUE BLAH BLAH BLAH IM NOT LISTENING NOTHING WAS FIXED BLAH BLAH *posts release date videos* LOL SO BROKEN HOW CAN HISTORY EVEN COMPETE *plays the same scripted campaign a 5th time*

>if you play it my way then the game works
I guess we shouldn't complain about troop upkeep then because DOOD EXPLOIT CRUSADES LAMO

What about attacking AI getting completely frozen after you destroy the ram and they all try to get inside a siege tower?

>complain about troop upkeep

That would make you a fucking scrub since high unit upkeep is one of the best features of stainless steel, but go ahead complain about it.

that mod NEEDS to be in tww2

ah yet again conflating SS 6.4 and med2
Med2 could be so much refined if it was remade and the only the only feature they added was actual dukes and counts helping or annoying you

tomb kings can't come soon enough

>you have to actually try to reproduce these glitches to have them

No you don't. They keep happening. It's not a fucking nitpick. Just trying to get your units off the walls can cause a problem. Units get stuck in siege towers too often. It is definitely possible to enjoy the game despite the bugs, but the problem is that if you want to do a really optimal siege attack you have to take into account all the casualties you can get from the bad pathfinding, responsiveness and bugs which can make the sieges even more a chore. Sieges should be dangerous and tough, but not in this way. It really drains the fun from it. I enjoy the game a lot, but it gets pretty frustrating for me even when just spam clicking sometimes solves some of this.

>tfw both tomb kings and monster hunter world

Ace combat fucking when

They usually bring a lot of arty so I haven’t seen them fail to take down a gate yet though I’m sure the problem is still there if there only way into the city is a single ram, some things are impossible to fix but it’s not all that exploitable against good stacks with a lot of arty like the mongols. You’re right though, attacking AI isn’t up to par with defending AI, but I’m afraid some things are hard coded. Lots more things are hard coded in other games I could reference, all total war games have this problem really, happened all the time in Attila, just as easily exploitable in that circumstance as well.

>snowniggers wipe out dark elves before i get there
excellent, now I get to fight chariot and horse spam instead

Feels bad man.

Beastmen managed to do that in my game. Almost all dark elf holdings are just ruins with some of them colonized by barbars

Why the fuck is Saladin, a kurd, black? Astaghfirullah s m h t b h f a m

Anyway let's talk about
>Islam

>Med2 Broken Crescent
Probably the best regarding the quality, it's the best representation of Islam and Hinduism in any TW game, really good! Definitely try it for the most in-depth experience!
>Med2 Stainless Steel 6.4 (use BYG reality)
Huge and will take the longest, so definitely the most fun long-term wise. Try taking Jerusalem as Turks / Moors, or holding it as the Fatimids - you get a lot of crusades your way. Kwarezmians are also great, especially the late campaign. Muslim factions that aren't Moors need to run the fuck away from the Mongols, so if you're just going to play peaceful and hold your borders, you'd better have 10 elite stacks ready to defend Jewland from the Mongs.
>Crusaders
Alright, just zoomed in Levant/North Africa. Kind of lacking. Fun as Crusader States but otherwise not really.
>Empire TW: Mughals
Hoo boy. Mughals are the most fun campaign in Empire. Absolutely cancerous musket troops that never ever reach European quality, but you've got a SHITLOAD of massive unit sized strong as fuck melee infantry. I'm talking 400 Islamic Swordsmen in a single unit. That's 8000 of them in one stack where the opponents will have maybe 2k guys maximum. Top fugging kek. Also when you take all of India you're rich as fuck
AoC is just alright I guess, not as good a muslim experience with Cordoba as with SS but that's to be expected considering the length of SS and all the events it covers. Nice to finally play as an Umayyad though.

>tfw no todel waw game covering the rise of the Rashidun Caliphate
haram

SS is the best game overall due to the scale, but BC has great Veeky Forums accuracy, but I know some people don't like Medieval's somewhat dated gameplay. As long as you like Medieval, it's got a good few choices for playing as the halal race. Otherwise I guess it's just Aoc Cordoba. It has a nice end of game cutscene with a very brown Europe ;)

late game is basically the same just with better units and cannons
rat ogres are bad don't use them

>/twg/ would be famed and loved by everyone
>/twg/ would end poverty
>/twg/ would end war
>/twg/ ending war
> trve /twg/ breds would rise and destroy everything
>it would bring our civilisations collapse
>which could result in a new emerge of a new rome

g-guys, how about we make a good thread?
just for f-fun

Man look at this guy still goin after vanilla, what did vanilla ever do to you? Did your dad always buy vanilla and you now have an intense hatred of chocolate?
>using siege towers
>fighting on the walls
You could easily avoid this since like I said, there is a far more optimal method of taking cities which incurs less damage to the settlement, avoids glitches, and allows fewer casualties

Are resize units mods good? I remember using one of them, but it completely screwed the balance (mostly aoe stuff and attack ranges).
What can you suggest?

You're pretty fucked

What's one supposed to do in Mortal Empires when you start as Loeun Leoncoure? The 'obvious' route seems to be to go steamroll marienburg, but if I do that I lose all my knights since I then immediately have to go handle that orc fortress, and since you can't recruit knights again for awhile that neuters either my performance in battle or my income due to the peasant economy. Do I not build economy first, and instead build a livery ASAP in couronne? Is there any way to stop Mousillon from killing off Lyonesse?

>Med2 Broken Crescent

Forgot about that one. Yeah that one is probably the go-to total war thing for some muslim stuff. Lazy Kingdoms Crusaders can just go home.

>Empire total war
I wish I could enjoy it.

i was using the 200% one for a while (with SFO), it broke game balance pretty badly and made skirmishers and light cav worthless because the battlefields were too cramped, looked great though.

MOTHERFUCKING NINJA

>rat ogres are bad don't use them
Everyone tells different things. I was told they're best shit ever before. I kinda find them mandatory to fight dwarves tho.
How would be ideal skaven stack look like?

Thats what goblins are used for with their stalk. The big gobbo boss knifes the faggot leader and then in combat the night gobbos sneak from behind to corner the archer scum.

200% seems too much

>click on Khalida
>"UH I THINK THE FUCK NOT YOU TRICK ASS BITCH"

thanks Grace

meant to

When is CA going to input Norsca into Mortal Empires?

May

>>using siege towers
>fighting on the walls
>You could easily avoid this since like I said

IT SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THAT. It makes the sieges fucking shit. It should be a fucking proper siege battle. Which is why hate mods that spam settlements everywhere because those shit sieges will be most of your battles.

based Flick poster

That's a really matter of your playstyle. I use 4 cannons, ogres for flanking, death-globes for ranged and core of stormvermin.

>tfw no Rhodoks colour scheme

Machiavelli avatarfag M2"""""chad"""""" here
They were fine points, but I'd need to go in-game to refute them as we'd reached an impasse where it was just my word against his. He was polite, I have no qualms with that, I do not feel he was "juvenile" at all. The only one I could attribute that word to would be the greentexter who felt as though he was proving a point by not replying to my posts due to his belief that I was just hunting for (You)s.
I was hunting for a good discussion, which I got

Have a good day lads.