/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R2pg5x3UW_Y
youtu.be/DQ45XhqFgyU?t=743
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Once you hit the 100 hour mark of the EWGF vortex your neurons have subtly begun to change. By hour 200 you know nothing but EWGF.

Other players simply cannot comprehend the enlightenment that comes with mastering a Mishima. It is a state of pure zen that is akin to speaking with God. Playing another character is dirtying yourself and must be cleansed by performing a ritual in involving hundreds of CH DF2 PEWGF loops.

Reminder that if you come here complaining about how bad your character is you're a BITCH and the only reason you're not winning games is because you suck

tfw monthly today

To any veteran tekken players who have been playing for years, did you also have the urge to kill yourselves when you were a couple of months in over how pointless a struggle this seemed?

Calm down TMM

if you don't start your day with 100 ewgf, 100 hellsweeps and 1km wavedashing (both 1p and 2p side) don't tell me you play mishimas

Could you elaborate?

I just played so extremely well for me I'm still in disbelief

I actually did electrics too, I have it recorded and i'm gonna jack to it tonight

glad im not the only one who records my matches so i can jack to them later

That was me a few days ago
Tonight I missed all my inputs and failed every combo.
Which is kind of embarrassing because I tend to play fairly low excecution characters.

Isn't that the case with most things that aren't straightforward and easy? I remember learning how to play the piano sucked for a long fucking time but I'm glad I stuck with it.

>been playing a single player game for the last few days because I got hooked
>come back online and play for an hour
>absolutely exhausted
This game takes a lot of energy.

>Lee
>honest
lmfaoooo

most fighting games are absolutely mentally exhausting even compared to some other competitive games i feel
the amount of decisions you gotta make in such a small timeframe is nuts

I remember being able to play League of Legends for 30 hours straight and still playing competently back when I still played that. with tekken my longest time I played non-stop is 6 hours and I was utterly exhausted afterwards.

To the King players who's wondering about his d/f+2,1 CH combos

youtube.com/watch?v=R2pg5x3UW_Y

In a nutshell: You have 3 tiers of combo options. 1st tier are most male characters, which give you a few combo options. Tier 2 gives you worse combos, and might miss if slightly off axis or for no reason really. Tier 3 is all female characters, and no combo, but people's elbow is guaranteed. People's elbow is always guaranteed on all characters, and gives you a chance for the lil majin setup.

Name one (1) dishonest thing Lee has.

Slide

How do Raven's illusion counter things work? I think I got that accidentally after a move I don't even remember and I don't know the input or what the fuck I did. Also what is the use of the strings where she can go into the "empty teleport", is that the counter state or what?

help

tfw Kazuya is the coolest but regular Jin is more fun

There's a lot of transferable skill between those 2, you can just play both and be fine.

What makes a slide dishonest?

Quick, I need a move that's -14 and -14 OB.

>-14 OB
Either that or a low that's -14

>whiffs seven million launchers
>walk within 4 backdashes of her to somehow get in but get caught by one
>100 damage combo
>just business amrite??!?? xD
What a dumb fucking character

Not sure what you're asking for but Kazuya's d1+2 is a -14 low, I guess that works (?)

Katarina's FC+3 maybe

>-14 and -14 OB
You mean i14? Kazumi's u2.

kazuya b1,2 is -14

Are tekgen. We need have a little chit chat right now. Why in gods name to low launchers catch back dashes? How is this fair? Why cant all low launchers just be like Dragunovs where if it hits far out you dont get a launch? This is bad game design.

What are some characters that do well with punishing whiffs and counter attacking?
bonus if they're female and you can give me more than 1 option

Asooka. You can literally get to green rank spamming her back flip and her shoulder that goes full screen.

Asuka's f2 is a great launching whiff punisher and she has lots of safe crushing moves you can use when at a disadvantage, plus a literal counter. Mindlessly spamming that shit is a great way to get stuck at mediocre ranks though.

Nigga what? The fuck are you even trying to say?

NWM? Have fun not winning because Just frame james is showing up.

I only made two typos in that post. If you have an iq of 100 you should still be able to understand what Im saying.

EWHF and EWGU > EWGF.

What the fuck is a EWGU

Forget the typos, you are complaining about how some launchers dont need to hit clean to launch you like demo or feng's SS4. Never mind that all low launchers can be beat by spacing them out and making them whiff entirely.

So again I ask, the fuck are you trying to say? You want all launch lows to only work when hit clean when not understanding why they have to in the first place?

Maybe he's talking about Jin's mid electric.

how is her damage?

>Unlike demo or
Fucks sake

What im trying to say is that all snake edge like moves should just lose to backdash, but they dont.

Is CH D/F2 into EWGF supposed to be the hard one? Because its not that hard in training mode

They do when spaced right. No shit you wont be able to backdash out of range if you are 0, but at say 2 a backdash can make them whiff.
Snake edge is slow as dick regardless and is nigh on suicide if attempted on someone decent. Same with all the other launchers like it. Only one that is decent is Lilis only because it takes so goddamn long to hit people start second guessing.

I didn't play previous games, how accurate is this image?

It just pisses me off. Im really defensive player and I play against laggy gorillas online who get up in my face and start mashing out strings. Im like fuck you im out, try to back dash and I get caught with dumb shit. It's infuriating.

They're supposed to float up so you get a full combo. Of course hitting a single electric is easy but it's useless, you need a just frame 13f electric.

Its online, you are going to get hit out of backslashes constantly and get launched by df2 when you are holding back harder than a man clinging to a cliff.

Shit I've eaten launchers online at -6. Dont put too much thought into it.

VERY accurate

post a clip. if youre not getting a full launch with the EWGF you're doing it wrong

Which characters can I avoid in rematches without shame ?

See here for reference.
youtu.be/DQ45XhqFgyU?t=743
I'm the Kazumi

You cant get a full launch with EWGF, has to be PEWGF

Second action: guard all.

>play asuka
>guy keeps whiffing in my face so I keep catching him with F2 and B3
>sends me a message after the match "why do you just mash launchers you stupid noob"

b,b+2 is the most used attack with built in counter; it's a really good move. there are also a few others just google raven bible. white hole, the empty teleport is trash.

EWGC > EMGF > EWHF > EWGF

OTGF >>>>>> all of those

fighting bryans is so stressful. at any second i could get hit with a ch launcher for 70% damage

>Fight Bryan
>Let a lot of things go unpunished because i'm 100% focused on looking for the Snake Edge
>Still don't block it

JFSC > *

Whoops, JFSR. Also, Kazumi's rage drive should get a title as well. It's i14 if you do it perfectly

Electric Tiger God Fist

I can't react to Dragon Tail

anyone that makes you angry and therefore is cheap/unga

Hit the treadmill man

I've noticed that I play like shit if I'm getting rushed down and the only times I win are if I just have relentless pressure. Which makes sense because I'm playing Drag. What can I do to get pressure off myself? b3? I find that I can sneak a d2 in sometimes but I don't know how to convert that into pressure afterwards.

dickjab
qcb2 if you feel like they're gonna do something but aren't at significant frame advantage
d2 if you think they're gonna do a high

Did you play against a lee earlier today?

nah haven't played yet today. just reflecting on last night
is it best to backdash after a d2?

I'm we were tied 2-2 in the last game of a super long deathmatch where I got scrubbed out in all the different ways you can possibly imagine and I managed to win the last round with 5% HP left, ending with a whiff punish DEWGF EWGF, RD, df14, cd3 to kill him when he had like 60% left that was SICK I wish I had recorded that. Enough tekken for today

Go fuck yourself you dragon tail and junkyard spamming faggot, ggs, and go fuck yourself that combo was SICK get owned

Lars sucks in this game

You just suck with lars, you just need to actually think when playing lars in t7

Alisa and Asuka. F2 for oscar, F3,2 for alisa.

the most common options seem to be
d2 into ws4
d2 sidestep or backdash

For sure is the character, nothing to do with the player. Totally didn't get to yellow in 80 wins.
Wish it fucking showed that instead of total games.

TMM calling Steve "the best turtle breaker in the game". What the fuck is he smoking?

He's Genbu with the character and you're Brawler at best. So basically he knows what he's talking about and you're not.

why don't black people know when to shut up?

lol does swe really have a little fanclub that goes around the internet and slobbers on his dick

huh? i thought alisa was a poking/turtle character

Poking, turtling, and whiff punishing. Decent block punishment as well.

Hey man I'm actually warrior!

If his only claim to being good at Tekken is because he got to Genbu in EUROPE than that is pretty pathetic. Europe Genbu is like Yellow ranks in Asia.

>You know what, I think the opinion of a Mighty Ruler is more trustworthy than what random people in an annonymous imageboard say
>LOL UR A DICKRIDER THATS NOT TRUE
ok

oooh mighty ruler online rank means so much. did swe say you could post here kid???

>demoted out of blue ranks
I'm so fucking bad

did you have fun though?

you were playing a dishonest character anyway

Mighty Ruler online is like top 50 players in the continent, how does it not mean much. And what does the image even mean, are you suggesting he's cheated his way up there or what. Why is it so hard to admit that the guy is a damn good player and therefore his opinion about the game is much more worthy of consideration than the opinion of Steve main crybabys here.

Most of us have been there. Or you were a bitch like me that just played player matched until you were green level at least.

it was fun until I played a 2 bar Lili
is shaheen dishonest

Nah shaheen is okay. Honesty is a bad meme anyway.

higher ranks are filled with bots and cheaters. There was a twitch streamer called CapitanJoshStone who used desync hacks if you want proof. there is a reason that every name you see in the purple ranks are nobodies. Most pros end up resetting their rank after a certain point because they can find more (and better) matches lower. And he's playing in europe so the stiffest competition he's facing is what superakouma or fergus or some shit?? lmao his opinion is meaningless. Talk to me when he actually competes in something against decent players.

tissuemon

Nah. Arms aren't short enough.

He took a game out of Blackbeard's Josie with Jin who is not even one of his main characters. And Super Akuma won a few games against JDCR which is more than any of us here will ever do. Except that purple rank Jack player who was lurking here, that guy has to be good.