All quiet now Edition

Previous Thread >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika's Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map:zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You):
youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y&t=95s

>I mean, if you're going to do it, at least speak to the experts:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home518121

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYYndrfnPvM
youtube.com/watch?v=IdqRK7D3Qvc
youtube.com/watch?v=CaVdFZstnPM
youtube.com/watch?v=g1R9U1rj1aA
childish-n.deviantart.com/art/DDLC-Shimeji-Pack-718209813
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

i would die for her

Good afternoon, everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely day!
Welcome back to the poetry party!

Word of the thread is "reward"~!
Alternatives are 'fairy' and 'wild'.

As always, this word is a simple prompt to help inspire anyone who would like to try their hand at writing a poem! If you'd like to try, do please consider using these words to guide your thoughts!
This way, we can all compare and contrast our styles and techniques, as well as our own unique interpretations of the word!
Thank you once again for participating, and I look forward to reading what you can do!

I know this is short but I'm at a loss today. My apologies.
Monika!

I must unite the Finno-Ugric peoples with Monika!

>”I think it’s so cute how you always have gum with you, user!”
>”I love your minty breath when we kiss!”

Natsuki!

SAYORIES TO THE FRONT!

And i love this cute dork is forever and ever!

Comfy!
Wholesome!
I love you!

I love Sayori, too! She's such a good friend!

>YWN live on Motherbase with the Dokis and profit from glorious infiltration stealth combat
Why even live?

Hey, how's everyone's day doing? Reposting this again.

Now it's time for book discussion!

As you all know, this today we're discussing "All Quiet on Western Front". An interesting book that gives an outlook of the first World War from a german soldier's point of view. Here are some questions about it.

>What did you think of the book?
>What character did you enjoy the most?
>Which character did you hate/dislike?
>Were you as knowledgeable of WW1 as you are of WW2?
>How would you do if you were drafted and sent into a world war?
>What do you think your days as a war soldier would be like? Would you last long enough to see the war end?
>Do you think the germans were on the wrong here? If they haven't lost WW1, do you think nazism would've never existed?

Any other input or commentary is highly appreciated!

As of what's going to be of the next book, here's the thing: There's no next book! But don't panic, that doesn't mean this ride is over. For next week, the task is the one to explore another literature genre: poetry. What's that suppose to mean? You're to read this week poetry, lots of it and bring back for the next saturday a poem you enjoyed and why. Also a great exercise for people who're writing poetry!

I'm not that knowledgeable in poetry as in other areas, but here are some authors I've read:
>Borges
>Neruda
>Wilde
>William Blake
>Buckowski
>Tao Lin

Let's read!

>check phone
>1 new message from Monika!
>see this

what do

Cold!
Horribly broken inside!
I still love you too!

youtube.com/watch?v=IYYndrfnPvM

Where my fellow cheesy bastards at? Just found this and wanted to share, do your damnedest to have a great day today anons!

He hasn't seen the unfortunate Veeky Forums user.

I love you too.

*kiss*

Mint Sayori is a new concept I love

Sayori riding a Yoshi!

>someone saved and retoasted my low tier edit
>with a super cute greentext

I'm so happy I could chew a piece of gum!

I wasn't here for a couple of threads what did I miss?
Natsuki!

Legitimate comfort

your doki except she's incredibly sad.
what do you do to cheer her up?

Natsuki!

What are you listening to /ddlc/?

Blanket!
Talk it out!
I promise it gets better.

Natsuki lovers where you at?

Has anyone else realized that Monika has like, the perfect body figure?

jesus look at this shit

We get to talk about Lolita tomorrow, right? Or if not, when's the designated day? Ahaha...

Body horror, gay anons, Jannies deleting /ddlc/ threads and getting fired, discussing how to lose fetishes, and being supportive of each other

>want to get keychains
>ordering online disables bank account because I can't have nice things
>I'd have to explain, in person, what I'm buying as they ask me about it

noo, stop this, they don't deserve to die on a battlefield

Where's the baltic one?

is there a reason as to why she's the only character who looks directly at you?

Has anyone seen a "Facetiming Monika at 3AM" yet?

Wait the janny got fired?

I just thought that that would be a cute idea because a lot of Sayorifriends liked mint gum. I actually didn’t have the edit saved and I had to go digging for it to post that.
I’m not even a Sayorifriend I just like writing short cute greentexts!

I protect and care for her

youtube.com/watch?v=IdqRK7D3Qvc

Because everyone else is looking at the MC, not (you)

I must unite the Baltic peoples under one flag with Monika!

Here fellow Natsukianon.

wrong

Friendly Reminder to give Your Doki lots of love and headpats.

It looks like it, yeah. They're looking for new jannies and no threads have been deleted since then.

If you are at a loss, you can ask for help, you know that right?
Yessssss~

youtube.com/watch?v=CaVdFZstnPM

Threads stopped getting deleted as far as i know and janitor applications are now being taken, so we can assume so

youtube.com/watch?v=g1R9U1rj1aA

A hellthread followed by some of the comfiest threads we've ever had.

Seeing Iglooghost live in February, I'm so hyped.

I hug her, protecc her, and make her feel better. I'll even read manga with her or help her bake.

Don't worry, I'm also ESL and this is always a great help. Join us to read other books and improve your english!

We've read and discussed "Of Mice and Men", "Call of Cthulhu", "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" and now "All Quiet on Western Front".

The problem with Veeky Forums is that is kind of a stale board. Most people go there to lurk, get a book to read and leave. Their userbase is just snobs wannabes that migrated from /literature/ repeating the same meme over and over. There's also the problem that most new books are quite bad in general and no one really ever read "the classics" because it's an endless list.

Lolita will be a really interesting discussion. Quite a controversial book and topic. Hopefully it'll spark interesting arguments.

Indeed, hope to see you here!

You can read them, it's fine. But for me it's like being lazy all your life and one day you decide to run a marathon. You'll hate it afterwards, quit and never try it again. It's better to begin with lower volume.

Natsuki!!

GOTT DAMN I WANNA HEADPAT SAYORI AND BOOP HER CUTE NOSE

CUTE

Sarah Smiles by Hall and Oates.
I wish someone would remix it into having a Doki themed meaning called "Yuri Smiles"

Why doesn't that wallpaper work for me >.

Find The Love Of Your Life In An Instant Here!

I can't! I'm at work!
I have a few times here with anons and it genuinely helps!
I know it will I just have to endure the badfeels for now

relax man, they'd probably think it's a cute keychain, I'm sure people had to explain weirder purchases anyway

Natsuki!

Is this an actual program/website?

Natsuki!

Well you've made my heart go doki doki so now you're my favorite person!

>Is NatsuYuri a thing in the game, or I'm imagining it?
It's a thing. Probably not to the degree that a lot of shippers take it to, but they definitely care for one another more than they let on. Even when Yuri's going insane in Act 2 and tells Natsuki to kill herself or go dig for change under the vending machines, Natsuki still asks you for help to make her better because she knows that's not who Yuri is.

It takes a lot of faith in a person to want to help them back from that.

Here we go, hope there's some /gsg/ friends here. Monika Baltic AAR. Sorry if the picture is too large, playing on a 2k monitor.
I tried my best, promise.

>You hear the flick of a switch.
>”Hello? Testing, 1-2-3, testing.” A soft voice said.
>”Ahah, it’s working!” the voice said with excitement.
>”Hello and welcome to the literature club! I’m the club president, Monika.” she said.
>”I know what you must be thinking: ‘But, Monika, this is Crusader Kings II, that’s a game, not literature.’” she said and giggled.
>”And you’re right, this isn’t literature. But it has the potential for creating an epic, don’t you think?” she said.
>”Let me set the scene: It was January 1, 769 and I had just been crowned ‘High Chieftess of Pruthenia’. With the crown came an ambition, an ambition that surged through me like fire; to unite the people of the Baltics!” She said.
>Silence filled the air for a few moments aside from a familiar dragging sound and a few clicks.
>”Sorry for breaking the mood, but I had to add a picture for my next topic.” She said and tried to laugh the stiff atmosphere away.
>”Anyway, as you can see there’s two maps, a big one to the left, and a small one to the right. The left one is a map showing the cultures in the area. The Baltic culture is just north-east of the Polish culture. For a clearer picture we have the map to the right. That one shows what realms are independant. As you can see inside the golden lines there’s seven independent realms, five of those contain the Baltic culture. The golden line displays the area that the Kingdom of Lithuania occupies. Wouldn’t it be neat to unite this culture under that Kingdom? I sure think so, ahah~”
(1/7)

You missed the Grand Master Wizard user show the world what Doki dedication is all about

I'm not much of a poetry guy but I've heard Blake is good so I'll check his works out. I also plan on reading from Lovecraft, Poe and Dylan Thomas.

For my bank I just had to say "yeah that was me" and they let it go through. Wasn't for doki stuff but still. You don't have to tell them what it is, not that some clerk is gonna care.

I don't really need help, just sometimes I feel like I've said all there is to say on something, but I usually get it back within a couple threads.

>”I’m... uh... ordering an anime keychain.”
Seriously who cares. The best way to spare yourself from embarrassment is to not sperg out over and just act like it’s a normal thing. Have you ever seen someone else’s keys? Lots of people have keychains and stuff, who cares if it’s from some anime horror game

So should I play this game for the first time?

You do have people to talk it out with don't you?
Are you in-character on Steam or something too?
Your steam name was not always Monikanon

>”To start things off I had a look around my realm. I wanted to focus on war since the other Baltic nations didn't find the idea of swearing fealty very attractive. I swear, I wanted to unite the Baltics peacefully, but the other Chieftains didn’t leave me much of a choice.” She said with a sigh.
>”I suppose we all must do things we don’t like at times.” She said.
>”Anyways, half of my realm was owned by Chief Alvydas of Galindia. I noticed that I was his heir, so I tried to find a way to remove him peacefully. I was allowed to imprison him, so I did! I mean, I wouldn’t be given to option to imprison him unless he had already done something illegal, right?” She said, not sounding the slightest bit uncertain.
>”When Chief Alvydas was in prison I managed to find his .chr file… Well, let’s just say that Chief Alvydas didn’t mind giving his provinces to me after that.” She said.
>Monika went silent, all you could hear was a gentle tapping.
>”Maybe I shouldn’t have said that.” She said.
(2/7)

I hope Necroanon is doing well... I havent seen him here in awhile

If You Anons missed the previous threads, the program is here.

childish-n.deviantart.com/art/DDLC-Shimeji-Pack-718209813

It's not some sort of scat bodypillow, it's just a keychain

yes

Sigh... If you say so... What is up with this thread and people never asking for help.
For all they know, you are getting it for your sister, your brother, your kids, who cares?

Play it for the third time before you do instead. A lot better that way

Th-thank you user...

HE DID IT FOR FREE

That sounds, like a really great way to expand the reading club, I love it!
As for All quiet:
>What did you think of this book?
I loved it, especially for the historical value that it presented. The first world war was unlike any other before it, and to delve so deeply into the horror of it like no other work of the time and through the perspective of the Germans no less was bold for the period and worked out tremendously I felt.
>Fav character
Paul Bäumer, seeing all his friends die made me feel for the poor lad.
>most hated character
Himmelstoß, fuck that guy. As pitiable as his life and death were I just could never sympathise with him
>Were you as knowledgeable of WW1 as you are of WW2?
Funny thing, in Australia, WW1 overshadows WW2 in terms of national significance (large number of historical reasons for this which I wont get into now) and the war is taught broadly. Add on to this history being my favourite subject in school and I already knew a fair bit of the stuff going in, dates, equipment, ideology, propaganda, statistics and developments annually etc. But exploring the horror of exploring the conflict through a soldier's eyes is something no battle report can ever hope to encapsulate.
>How would you do if you were drafted and sent into a world war?
Depends, if it was way back then I'd try and get myself into officer's training and use my knowledge of the future to stop tragedies like the Somme, Flanders etc. But if it were nowadays I suppose I'd just join a tank corps (i'm a tankfag).
>What do you think your days as a war soldier would be like? Would you last long enough to see the war end?
I'd fucking hope so, I'd have no shortage of stories to tell or write about.
>Do you think the germans were on the wrong here? If they haven't lost WW1, do you think nazism would've never existed?
Definitely not, Nazism was a reactionary movement started in response to the cultural degeneration during the weimar years.

I need my Doki right now.
I can't bear being alone anymore.
I just want to tell her how much I love her and how much she means to me.

>”With the realm now fully under my control it was time to expand. I judged the strength of my Baltic neighbours. Curonia, the northern one, seemed to be the weakest.” She said.
>”As Chieftess I wanted to be there for my army at all times, so I commanded the center line. I admit; it was pretty scary knowing I would engage in combat for the first time in my life! So many things could go wrong and since I’m the commander I would be all to blame. But it was still a fascinating experience! Who knew fighting real people in a forest could be so much fun!?” She said.
>”The turning point of the war was the decisive ‘Battle of Galindia’, it was an even battle, both numerical and with the skill of the commanders. I thought we would lose since my troops were wavering pretty badly at one point, but then my Steward came with the most fantastic news! He had been spreading the word and praising my name and deeds. This was met with great success as a small army of warriors came to Marienburg to serve me, how sweet of them! Maybe it was you Monikafriends on /ddlc/ who wanted to help me? Ahah~” She said.
>This small army came in the nick of time and turned the battle on its head, the people of Purenthia had won! After this it was merely a game of cat and mouse as I chased after the Curonian army to lower their numbers further. Then I had to siege a few provinces and Curonia was mine!” She said.
(3/7)

Tell her! Shout it to the sky or maybe just recite it in your thoughts, either way she'll hear you.

Sure, I talk about it with some people.
I don't have a character or pretend to be something/somebody else though. I'm the same person on Steam, Discord, and here. It's just me.
I changed my name to that a while back on Steam because it helped a few people remember which one I was when they wanted to talk to me and so that people in the steam group could find me too.

Plenty of people ask for help. It's just that I personally don't really need it, that's all!
I appreciate the offer though.

>You will never have your doki
There's a chance i'll meet her in afterlife right? RIGHT?

PUNCTURE YOUR REALM WITH YOUR AGONY DRIVEN SPIRIT
FIND THAT FUCKFACE WALL BETWEEN WORLDS AND LANCE THAT PIECE OF SHIT

>”Oh, I forgot to mention; since I had the ambition to become the Queen of Lithuania I could subjugate as many realms as I wanted to as long as it was inside the Kingdom of Lithuania title. Sorry, I really should have mentioned that earlier!” She said.
>”From here it wasn’t all that interesting I have to say. With Curonia now part of my realm the other nations in the Baltics, quite frankly, didn’t stand a chance. My army was nearly twice as powerful as theirs so the battles were heavily one sided and short.” She said, sounding disappointed.
>”I believe it took me four years to conquer Curonia, the other nations took three, so as you can tell it went significantly faster!” She said.
>”With enough land to be officially recognized as the Queen of Lithuania I began to focus on business since my coffers were a little too empty to create the title.” She said.
“A year later, on 28 May, 778, the Kingdom of Lithuania was born, home to the people of the Baltics!”
(4/7)

What a bread that was, we can only hope to be as faithful and deserving of our dokis as this legend

>324 threads already
jesus christ i can't imagine what would happen if this thing gets an actual complete VN.

>actual complete VN
We got like six, fuck off.

I ship /ksg/ and /ddlc/

NICE

How about if She just accompanies You in Your desktop? Would that be enough? werks pretty good

suicide is never an option! just remember you've just got a little rain cloud in your head! just give it a good ol' hug to make it feel better and eventually you'll feel better!

tfw never played katawa

is it good?