>General VR resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR applications/games (needs update)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat resources and tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

>BCI and the future of VR
pastebin.com/8bCvbFip

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FXglHbYB1Y4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>BCI
FUCK off vro

2nd for new vr set is on the way

So the dynamic bones plugin for unit is mentioned in the megatutorial. Is there a freeware alternative or do I need to pirate it? Is there a mega link floating around?

The fuck have you been doing until now? Didn't you already have a VR set for erp?

>new vr set
>new

Why a second one?

What brand?

Anyone know why the dynamic bone i put in work in game, but when I try doing the testing in Unity by pressing the play button and scene the dynamic bones don't move? I'm using the bootleg one from the other thread, would that cause it?

Tomorrow we will know all the details about Deluxe Audio Strap Mk 2

Is Lone Echo worth the pricetag?

I am really enjoying the multiplayer free version.

I saw one.

Sauce? I hope it's not like that... what have I been hyping myself for in last 2 days then?

There was a link in the last thread to pirate Dynamic Bones.

>nobody talks
>use random mp3 from sounboard
>everyone starts talking
Works every time.

Ah got it, cntrl+f worked where archive search failed.

>it has a thumbstick for adjusting volume

Does anyone feel like their watching an anime when they watch the Nagzz21 videos? He literally acts like a main character in one. Sometimes I get the feeling he’s like Kamina.

Is there a proper tutorial for importing MMD's somewhere that isn't a youtube shit?

Cringe post

watch as they announce something that doesn't have improved resolution

>VR making 99% of anime redundant by being equally deep and cerebral

No offense my dude, but youre probably watching some pretty lackluster animu then.

Sure his videos are good and all, but i wouldnt go so far as to describe it quite the way you did.

the best one is youtube shit though.

i miss overwatch sesnation xQc being a monkey in vrchat bros

you're a fag

I don't know but Rad is best girl.

Agreed

Not for MMD, it's not a mainstream thing so not many people care to make guides for it, almost all the anime avatars you see ingame are from pedestals, few are unique of dedicated people.
You can't stream or something? if you can't just grab the 480p version with youtube-dl and watch it offline (what I did, because I'm on shitty capped internet), its total size is 180MB audio included.

htc vive

>sweetie poster
>telling me what good anime is

top kek

After a couple days of steady use I've noticed that the Vive has fucked with my depth perception. I'll be staring at my regular computer screen now and certain texts/textures will pop out and make me think they're 3d unless I refocus my eyes. Kind of worrisome, I think I need some time off from the headset.

i am worried about the implications of VR for society

Not an argument

Anyone know how to fix a weird issue with the oculus.

I cant see anything from the visor despite everything appearing connected and this same visor working just the day prior, i restarted my PC and bam suddenly it stops working, if I restart enough times and sometimes it might work.

I thought it was an HDMI issue so i got a replacement but its having the exact same issue. Ive tried various USB ports, unplugging everything but the Oculus etc but to no avail. It wont work.

To answer any basic questions, yes my graphics card is good enough, yes i updated drivers reinstalled software blah blah etc etc. This is a last resort post cause im at wits end with this shiti.

Apparently some MMD creators on deviantart are mad that people use their OCs, so they just remove the download links. Pic related is one. If you like something you see on Deviantart, better download them quick

>Deviantart
>Good MMD models

I had that exact same issue and I solved it by re-running the setup for the rift.

Return that shit

being this defensive of bad taste
kekus maximus

VR is the society of the future. As people become more anti-social and don't go out of home much anymore, this kind of environment helps to stay in touch with society, even if in a silly way with little intellectual gain, is probably still better than nothing at all.

So, decided to revisit and found the problem. 2 meshes that were uneeded (One for tears which was the black mask problem, and the other for the gloss over the eyes, which made the eyes black when atlasing) but not I'm getting this small problem of slight clipping at the mouth area. How does one fix this?
>Before atlasing and after

you will probably have to do it manually.
of you could do it the lazy way and just not texture atlas

just drop in the original textures instead

I just don't want to watch some stupid ass video. I prefer reading.

A few models I've been working on recently have had that problem.
The only way to fix it is to atlas it manually.
It's not really that hard once you figure out how to do it. Looks better in the end too.

Nice, will Toga-san become a dancer?

This issue is affecting two different headsets

I tried this and i got to the "finish this part in your headset" section and it still wouldnt turn on.

Managed to fix it by setting the margin from 0.05 to 0.01. Looks indistinguishable from before atlasing.

>here, have this model to use
>oh no, people are using it!!!

>orbus is currently the top selling vr game
>2nd page out of all top selling games
dam I hope my shilling contributed to this

dance til im dead

Did CES release a public calendar yet? I can't find anything on the official site, I wanted to know at what time of the day HTC shows up so I can sync up the stream on the 8th.

website says CES starts on 9th though

i'm still on the fence buying it, sell me on it user, please

3 biggest problems of VR right now:

1) FOV
2) resolution
3) ???

knuckles

I don't think either of those are really insufficient.

>Get to Void Club
>Some fat fuck breathing loudly while dancing

Muted

You're right, I guess they're just going to tweet something again.

youtube.com/watch?v=FXglHbYB1Y4

It feels like the first mmo you've ever played.that's what sold it to me And it's not ruined by fucking wikis and youtube/streamer faggots that datamined every possible cool thing. For example, to cast a spell you need to draw it almost perfectly with your wand. You are able to cast every possible spell in game as a lvl 1 runemage but you don't know any spell patterns except for the very basic ones. So the best thing to do is go ask a random mage faggot to show you how. In the noob area there is always some harry potter shit going on where one bored high lvl mage is teaching low lvl plebs the techniques.

i miss tank knuckles

1) Refresh rate of headsets
2) Sensibility of body tracking sensors
3) Controls

Where's everyone hanging out? I finally got my ava working.

How are they NOT insufficient? Rift is like looking through toilet paper roll binoculars and the entire world is 360p

they could definitely improve the optics instead of say going from 90 -> 120 fps

yeah touch is not even standard on the Rift so devs have to keep that in mind

it would be nice if 2nd gen desktop consumer VR HMDs ship with touch controls and roomscale tracking as standard/included/mandatory

FUCK that took forever

>You are able to cast every possible spell in game as a lvl 1 runemage but you don't know any spell patterns except for the very basic ones.

Ok, realistically, how many weeks before someone has made a youtube video showing every spell pattern and all noob wizards will be directed to that by their wise elders?

wow what is this

Game is down. WTF

Has VRChat just died? I got kicked out, and upon restarting the game cannot log back in.

Same

the absolute state of technology in 2018

VRChat is dead

their database servers are busted right now

wat
im in the void club right now

>buy vr heatset now
or
>wait until vive 1.5
what do

Leave it

Oh i see.

>tfw stuck in jazz bar with loud mouse
not so bad

I believe Palmer Luckey said the cycle will be "in between that of a phone and a console"

phones release every 1-2 years and consoles release 5-8 years

All that shit is already solved. We don't have normal graphic cards ready to support it nor optimizations for it.

There's already 8k headsets but are practically useless unless you want to play with 10 fps

It's just an example plus no one will tell you to fuck off to some youtube video unless you bother someone actually in the middle of something. Game has no interactive map in so if you don't pay attention during npc conversations, you will have hard time finding shit unless you ask some random guy. I had no problem with it so far but two german niggers were asking me for directions today. And the best part about it, you don't need to /w or whatever you just go up to a person and literally fucking ask them.
Also, there is some shit called "runesmithing", I personally have no idea what the fuck that is but it has something to do with end game crafting and it's super powerful. There are no guidelines on how that thing works in game from the devs and whatever the top lvl nerds have discovered by trial and error they keep to themselves because of how hard it is to figure out and how strong it is.
There might be more things like that idk, I've only been playing for like 4 days.

vr mmo Orbus

If playing The Talos Principle for more than 30 minutes at a time made me violently ill should I just not even try VR? The concept sounds cool but I can picture myself dumping hundreds of dollars into hardware only to be unable to enjoy it due to all the games making me sick.

Can't sign into VRC SDK on Unity either.

No. It has the doorscreen effect and scuba effect.
Unless we have 8k and 220 fov anytime soon don't bother.

Which might be 5-10 years from now until it's fully supported and available for mass use.

So apparently my character only has .vmt files for eyes, tongue, etc and no actually .vtf files. Is there anything I can do with the vmt files or no?

>VRChat down just as I get ready to publish

ITS NOT FAIR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Talos Principle non-VR version I should mention, I haven't actually tried any VR games yet besides a virtual boy I picked up a decade or so ago at a garage sale if that counts. Just bring it up as an example of a game that triggered really bad motion sickness for me (like bad enough that it took a couple hours before I didn't feel nauseous anymore even after I stopped playing)

Though most games do not affect me this way, only other one I can think of that did was Rodina but then I realized the next day or so that I was actually sick so it might not have been the game's fault, still haven't tried playing it again to test

>you should never use VR because you can see the pixels if you think about it and you don't have wide peripheral vision that is totally useless for actually seeing anything anyway

>Just got my RIFT after wearing my VIVE out

Holy SHIT this oculus DASH 2.0 thing is an absolute gamechanger! I can even edit my unity scene without ever taking my headset off.

>I don't know how the human eye functions and VR is good goy.
k

is it fun?

Do you actually enjoy anything?

>All that shit is already solved
It is not solved until it ships in a product

>We don't have normal graphic cards ready to support it
then it's not solved! If they figure out how to do foveated rendering it should enable massive resolution increase where your vision is focused (with peripheral blur) with the same GPU power.

Were you using teleportation or free loco? What's your system specs, do you get full 90 fps? Are there dropped frames?

Do you get sick from other games that are lighter on performance like Rec Room or Job Simulator?

Anyway being able to play for 30 mins straight doesn't sound THAT bad, you might be able to "train" yourself by taking slightly longer sessions every time.

where did you pull this from?

I have no idea what I'm doing.

In the end. No.
VR is a gimmick at this point until we get full immersion.

rofl