/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, sleep, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1151 - Are we seriously doing this? Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSctpQ5bFhhv2dYnxqyIgLp74M-EnXzDcC06JScFEKB3u7jtEA/viewform?usp=sf_link
sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_Tyris_The_Hedgehog
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who is the evil doctor with a rad genius and bad minions?

user, pls stop with these fetish OP pics. Not only does it make my dick confused, but it's just gonna piss people off.

oh boy, more awful humanized sonic character art. We definitely haven't had enough of those this week

>Going from Sonic to Metal
Talk about an upgrade

Metal is the only version of Sonic that wants Amy.

Why do you fags hate Tails?

How cucked do you have to be where you're almost an adult and an 8 year old has a bigger head than you?

HUEHUEHUE

A) Because of the portrayals he's had in the games, lately.
B) Post the full version in /trash/.

Not Sally's fault Tails is a mutant.

Metal is the only character that wants Amy

Bros before hoes.

>pictured here: Silver's canon wife Blaze the Cat

Played Lost World and Forces.

And Unleashed and Colors

Why would I hate the only person who acknowledges best Sonic?

>Pictured: Blaze
>Picture says Mora
I'd suggest investing in some glasses, user.

"Mora" is her mating call

And Generations

>best Sonic
Guess again nerd

Time to sleep, /sthg/. Forever

Why was number of fingers a plot point in the comics? Shit's retarded.

Sage is the greatest achievement of /sthg/.

The comics came up with the most retarded explanations for the Adventure redesigns during the preboot era, when (correct me if I'm wrong) Penders & Bollers wrote, too. They had some dumb shit back then.

She is pretty neat. Too bad she's flat & not as cute as Bump

All of this character development from Adventure 1/2 is gone. He runs and hides at the slightest hint of danger instead of fighting. In Lost World he was especially annoying and whiny. In Forces he runs away from Chaos 0 despite being strong enough to take on Chaos 4. He also lets Classic Sonic fight Eggman alone even though he fought Eggman previously in Adventure. He doesn't do anything anymore except follow Sonic around and complain about Eggman, usually with extremely unfunny jokes

If Sonic did actually go on a date with Amy, what would happen?

I love how Sonic doesn't seem to give a fuck about what's happening.

She would have to put a leash on the boy to keep him from running.

He never seems to when it comes to Amy. Sad for her.

WHY are there NO Jews in the Sonic games?

He canonically (lol, canon) doesn't give a single fuck about Amy's wellbeing or life.

How many times does it need to be said? '06 rebooted the series. Everything that happened before the very end of '06 is no longer canon. This is common knowledge.

There's only one 'hog who will treat her right

Just a bit of banter, m8. In all honesty, it is kinda funny how Sonic seems to pay 0 mind to the fact that not only did some girl that's been running after him just got snatched up, but she was snatched up by some robot that looks exactly like him.

>How many times does it need to be said? '06 rebooted the series.
Has there ever been any source for that claim?

Robots have no need for companionship.

That's not how you spell Bump, user.

>STABBED THROUGH THE CHEST

Don't you mean Unleashed soft-rebooted the series?

I always thought it was bullshit Metal didn't have a trophy sprite in Drift 2

Shadow knows that's how you handle the crazy bitches

Constructive criticism only please

As shown in the rest of Sonic X, hedgehog quills tend to bend when pressed on. So Amy could hug all the rats she wants & wouldn't be worse for wear.

Everyone needs a friend, robot. Besides, Amy making a friend out of Metal would be cute

No, '06 did. It changed more than just what happened in the game, but it leads directly to Unleashed which is the beginning of the new canon. In comic terms, it's like if you count the end of WC as the end of '06 and once again, the Unleashed arc as the beginning of the new "canon."

Lose the hair.

Someone here is breaking the law. I can sense it.

Show yourself, LAWLESS INDIVIDUAL.

Sonic is just tsundere for pink rat.

What's wrong with it?

it's me, officer metal. I've been a naughty user and I need to be arrested

The hair is a bit odd. For a comic character it's fine, but if you're going for a character that'd fit the game universe, I'd suggest having it look more natural ala Sonic's, Shadow's, Amy's, etc. something that looks more like quills if that makes any sense.

I'd also have the design show you a little something about their personality, which is one thing Sonic characters tend to excel at in terms of design.

He'll come around eventually.

Okay, time to leave.

The vote for the character theme of thread #1300 will remain open for a few more hours.
Cast your votes with the link below.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSctpQ5bFhhv2dYnxqyIgLp74M-EnXzDcC06JScFEKB3u7jtEA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Don't respond to shitposters, user. I think your art looks nice.

>I'd also have the design show you a little something about their personality, which is one thing Sonic characters tend to excel at in terms of design.

>Amy's design is literally "I'M A GIRL" and nothing else

>Hair looks too obvious, make it quill-like if you're going to keep it
>Ditch the clothes... just get rid of them
>Color scheme seems all over the place and don't work well with each other
>Sword could work, but it kind of looks off
>Design is generic, it doesn't exude any kind of character
>Looks off compared to the canon Sonic cast
Are you just memeing and reposting this? sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_Tyris_The_Hedgehog
If not, I might take a shot at redesigning the character if you want.

Lose the hair
Lose the shirt or the vest
Change the color of the gloves, it clashes with the rest of the design

Way too much visual clutter, keep clothes for male characters down to shoes, gloves, and one or two accessories. Color of the gloves is too dark, make them white or very light blue if you insist on having them be uniquely colored. Don't mind the idea of the bowl cut but make the quills less like Sonic's (see: Shadow, Silver, alternate hairstyles for Forces hedgehogs). Eye shape could stand to be differentiated from Sonic's a bit as well.

I think the sword is ridiculous but I don't know what this character's backstory, personality, etc. are supposed to be so I really can't comment on it further. Swords are pretty cliche among OCs though.

>metal sonic
>mouth

It's a sticker.

Well, more the design but everything you see of the character from their renders, to their names, etc. For example, Sonic's own name, sleek blue quills, cocky smile & the majority of the renders SEGA makes of him tells you all you need to know about his personality: He's a cocky & chill dude who goes fast & loves adventures.

Knuckles name, color scheme, design, renders tells you the same too: Hotheaded tough guy.

Amy's is similar as well. From the girly design, to the inclusion of the hammer (I will say that the hammer compliments her personality & name very well).

Even with more recent characters like Sticks works the same too. I can give SEGA shit on a lot of things, but I will give credit where it's due: These guys know how to design characters.

I want Officer Metal Sonic to spank me instead of giving me a speeding ticket

>Mouth
I'm sorry user, but my autism compels me to do this.

You can say that about Amy, Cream, and Rouge, but their designs still reflect on what kind of girl they are.

What happened to Sonic Retro?

You're all going into the slammer. (That's what you call it when you want jail to sound extra tough.)

He died from having his "culture" disgraced one too many times and was promptly buried.

Tails winz

I am referring to the website.

They got hacked, apparently.

"S-Sonic...please, say something...please. I just want to hear y-your voice again..."

"... Blaze loves me and you know it"

Who is Sonic the rudest to? Eggman or Amy?

Knuckles

He's shown care for Amy's life more times, so Eggman.

Hard to say. They both deserve it

If this is a trick question: Fleetway

Rude.

He teases Amy. He mocks Eggman.

Why is shard allowed one but he doesn't??
I think he looks fine with a mouth. much easier to smooch me that way

Shard is supposed to be a sociable character. Metal Sonic is a silent death machine.

Well to be fair, Shard has a different design than Metal. And Metal is not for smooching!

Amy looks amazing.

Real /m/en recognize the superiority of no mouths.

>Infinite: Friends are nothing but a fleeting illusion. You can count on nobody but yourself!

>Sonic: Your mask can't hide how sad and lonely you are! That Phantom Ruby virtual reality of yours is the real illusion!

>Infinite: Impossible. I cannot be defeated.

>Sonic: Wrong, loser!

did anyone think sonic was being kind of a jerk here

mustache of fire
eggman empire

>Hey depressed guy with no friends. You're a loser!

Sonic's always been stubborn about this shit. Just look at Sonic and the Black Knight.

What if they made a Sonic game where something or someone turned everyone into regular animals and you got to play as the characters as regular small animals?

Infinte was acting like a standard aloof jackass with delusions of godhood so it was appropriate to be that piercing with him.

Did you ever find it attractive when Sonic put on a dress and pretended to be a girl hedgehog?

No

N-no.

So if I played as Knuckles, would I be able to use his four headed penis?

Yeah, Sonic was clearly the bad guy in Forces. Retard.

Sonic was being a chad. Suck it up, weakling.

All hedgehogs are bullies.

I don't recall Silver bullying anyone.

>Gets bullied by Shadow and Sonic
>Wants to become the bully

I am not weak

>Bowser Jr in the Olympics
>Everyone in Rivals
He's a bully just like all the other rats.