/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Got hit by Yurie's secret move: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 22: Unused dialogue - docdroid.net/Pxn7IHL/bloodborne-script-formatted.pdf
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/8irZ3mh.png

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/iScooA4.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/WJXCN0Y.png
-Pthumeru: n6rc9jh8
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

PURGE FILTH

Do I get insight if someone votes up my post?

Sometimes I think there are elements of Bloodborne that are deliberately designed to be bullshit for first-timers and frustrate them.

An early example is when you fight against Blood Starved Beast. If you are fighting him for the first time, how the fuck are you supposed to recognize when he is going to do his grab? His grabbing wind-up doesn't follow the traditional tells of a grab attack. Grab attacks usually involve a wind-up animation of a character looking like it's about to hug you (like Ebrietas and Winter Lanterns). With BSB, the wind-up is him basically freezing in place for a second before lunging at you.

Furthermore, when you do get grabbed the first time, chances are likely that you will (1) get left with a sliver of health since, after all, you most likely are fighting him very early in the game, and (2) get poisoned, so you basically are already dead anyway since you won't have time to heal before the poison kills you.

And please don't tell me to git gud. I've played through Bloodborne for 500 hours and I can beat BSB without any problems. It's just that today I watched a cousin of mine play Bloodborne for the first time and I'm noticing his frustration against BSB because he got grabbed by that attack and died. At that point, he had already fought BSB like 6 times and never had it do the grab before.

I feel sorry for him and am tempted to tell him that he can cheese BSB easily by circlestrafing to the left.

I still don't know how to predict that grab attack and get killed by it sometimes even today. It's the only poorly designed part of that fight. Grab attacks in general are really poorly designed in Souls games.

full

His grab does hace a tell though, he stops for a sec and jumps at you witg both arms open. After 500 hours of playing bb, you should of noticed this.

No

You have to be stupid to mash in front of the guy when he stands still for 5 seconds when for the whole fight the boss had been slippery as fuck
You either get behind the guy and avoid him completely or you backpedal enough to be able to reaction dodge it

Yes, I do know that. Did you actually read my entire post? I mention that: "With BSB, the wind-up is him basically freezing in place for a second before lunging at you." It's a tell but it's not a very good tell for something as damaging as a grab. The grabs for bosses like Ebrietas or enemies like the Winter Lanterns or the Brainsuckers are far more accurate for what type of attack they're about to do.

i think bsb is fine. the real no-tell is the charge of chalice maneater boar.

>when he stands still for 5 seconds

Lots of enemies stand still and don't do anything aferwards. A first-timer won't even consider the possibility that something like that could lead to a grab.

Guess you just gotta git gud then? Donno what else to tell you man.

Tell your faggot little cousin to git gud

It seems like you really didn't actually read my entire post, because I specifically mention:

> And please don't tell me to git gud. I've played through Bloodborne for 500 hours and I can beat BSB without any problems. It's just that today I watched a cousin of mine play Bloodborne for the first time and I'm noticing his frustration against BSB because he got grabbed by that attack and died. At that point, he had already fought BSB like 6 times and never had it do the grab before.

So I'm talking about me having trouble with BSB. I'm talking about my relative.

*not talking about me

Do you wants us to hold his hand or what? Tell him when the big vagina face stands still for a couple of seconds he'll do the grab, if he still gets grabbed, tell him to git gud.

You understand that it's possible to criticize the game for something that is actually a valid fault, right? "lmao git gud" is not the end of all discussion.

Well, I want him to actually like the game. I don't want him to quit. So if he dies like 3-4 more times. I'll just tell him that the strategy is to circle strafe everything to the left. He still has to be careful because he can still get hurt by some of BSB's extremely wide slash fluries, but he'll have a much easier time.

Still sounds like a personal problem.

You can't make people like souls games. They either do or they don't. My friend got to the capra demon in ds1 and straight up quit the game. He refuses to play souls games to this day.

Who would win, 3 twinks or 1 spindly boi? thanks miku and NMW!

You should be able to figure that something's up when a BOSS that doesnt stop in its tracks for one second suddendly stands still
Also even if you dont you should still be able to dodge it unless you're standing directly in front of it
Also if you have more than 75% of your health on your 1st playthrough you wont die from it, but if you do, you wont die from it again

i honestly like defiled amy as a fight so much, nothing like knowing you have to fight a boss really well cause everything it does will one shot you

co op boss attack resets are scary as hell though, hope they fix up the netcode for shadows die twice

>Implying
We don't even know what Shadows Die Twice even is.

The wind up is that BSB stands still for a good half a minute before doing it. It is REALLY easy to predict because otherwise BSB keeps moving towards you or hopping to the sides. The only times he stops is to either fart in 3rd phase or to jump, and its easy to tell those apart since fart has a different animation and he roars when he does it.
The actual noobtrap is fighting amelia with a +1 weapon.

>enter captcha: touch eggio

WORSHIP MARIA

Sorry to break it to you user, but Maria is shit tier.

but she hug you user

Wait, is that just online latency or something? Or is this offline and the NPC really did do both the Augur of Ebrietas and A Call Beyond at the exact same time?

I think it's funny to find him just hanging in a dark cave, always thought he'd be in a bath.

Maria is cute and all, but I'd rather Iosefka

witch one ? the frist one ? or the imposter

both

so are you ready to take resposablity and raising a moon chlid ?

She's not pregnant though

But she will be

dont you get the a cord for killing her late game ?
>Raise children
>turn them into Celestial Emissary

>dont you get the a cord for killing her late game ?
This one mentions Willem and she has access to the Woods, my theory is that she stole it from him and started experimenting on people. All of this is fanfiction though but Arianna has a different model when pregnant, she has a big belly a bit after the Blood Moon, and Imposefka doesn't.

>no
well why not

Put ten bullshit praise the sun tier messages near lamps and shit and get 99 insight every three hours seems a little unbalanced for me

This

ng+ amelia anyone? skill weapons preferred, ringing at fog with bbg24

It keeps happening

>Skill weapons preferred
Fuck you, I'm bringing my Flamesprayer instead.

how do you see number of foul?

That's my own note, you can only see if you made it

Fug, didn't notice I was getting downscaled.

thanks hibiki and no skill gregor!

Isn't Hibiki a STR build?

I m replaying the game right now and damn, I missed 3 areas in my first playthrough at release. No wonder it took me only 30 h.

she's got the threaded cane, a great choice!

Sometimes, when I play bloodborne late at night, i can almost hear a baby crying in the distance. It comes and goes, but it's so faint, I'm sure im imagining it.

isnt that insight related ?

You can hear Mergo crying in some areas if you have 60 Insight or have progressed enough in the story.

Cute boat

Not a boat

post more lewd bloodborne covers. Peak /v/.

why might you assholes come here and derail the comfiest thread on the board?
cease

>Brapborne

thats the one, the reason I bought the game.

stroll thru hemwick anyone? you might get downscaled

Pass?

bbg24 at the lamp

Ringing.

noooooo! meet me at the cainhurst pickup

>cucked out of my parry
I'll ring near the elevator.

Is there a higher res of this pic? I want it on a tshirt.

back at the lamp!

and at the fog now xd

Old Yharnam next if you want to join madman, pass bbg24 still

>wake up
>Jordan plays
>go to bed
>Jordan plays

Sure, ringing.

How new r u?

Explain

Depth 4 spelunkabooga of hell?

I'm in.

I thought Italy didnt have neetbux

Thanks for the evening adventures you two. Lower Loran next for a change of pace. L1, same pass ringin it!

Let's goooooooo
Glyph: kbhpv3i2
Password: hell

Let me build my ps4 and im game

Sorry story chalices are not my thing, I usually just look at the guide and speed through them.

I'll join . Go without me.

Got Jordan and Felina.

Nice spot you found there, gud.

We're on layer 2 now if you want to continue to invade us.

I was afk and hoping for the best

On layer 2 yet Felina? We're waiting on you.

My internet is such a piece of shit, sorry. I'll just kill the pig and meet you on L2

Probably the srrc being shit since Gud invaded just after Jordan joined.

HOW THE FUCK DID YOU NOT FALL THE LADDER AFTER A CANNON SHOT FUCK YOU MIYAZAKI

On layer 3 now, Gud.

OH BOY