>General VR resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR applications/games (needs update)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat resources and tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/faq/id-3346231/play-games-samsung-gear.html
vrbites.com/howto/play-pc-games-in-your-gearvr/
vrheads.com/how-stream-your-pc-desktop-your-gear-vr
youtu.be/38mkKTrU-xo?t=84
ddsconverter.com
strawpoll.com/r21ze4sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If the model barely has any shape keys and they're only really used to bring up objects are you able to decimate the head without any problems ingame?

naaaa~!

It's not much different than a leg or arm without shape keys, it should be fine. Make backups if you aren't sure (even if you are, anything can happen, better have them regardless).

>Tfw want to make Avatar out of Nia and Blade Nia

Any poor gear vr users here? Suggestions for good games? I've only found a few that are fun, the sticky doesn't suggest any for gear.

>gear

Gear VR

Why aren't the vertices appearing on the right hand insides unless I select them first (and then I can deselect them and they will then appear fine)?

There're various ways to play PC games on Gear VR:
tomsguide.com/faq/id-3346231/play-games-samsung-gear.html
vrbites.com/howto/play-pc-games-in-your-gearvr/
vrheads.com/how-stream-your-pc-desktop-your-gear-vr

*Select the material

I use Linux and I'm on a $150 Thinkpad.

you are shit out of luck user

Yup.

So how is Stand Out? I've never played a battle royale and I was put off by pavlov and onward since I mostly VR solo

youtu.be/38mkKTrU-xo?t=84
>tfw your 3-step spell finally works

Why not make a partition, install windows 7 in it and dualboot when you want to play games? you're going to miss a lot of stuff if you're relying on android compatibility alone.

Because integrated graphics is going to run newer 3d games like shit. To make Dota 2 playable I have to make it look so ugly that it looks worse than most PS2 games.

>follow Tupper's tutorial precisely, making notes of the steps
>get to final step
I don't know what the fuck I've done to end up with this. It looked okay before the final step (setting the Alpha properties). I'm in Object mode. What did I do wrong/ what do I click to fix it?

You're in wireframe mode

I'm not.

Anyone know what time the Vive announcement is tomorrow?

Looks like they might announce Vive 2 or HMD with upgraded optics

Is VRchat.net down for anyone else?

It's ok, but very clunky. I prefer it over Pavlov because I don't like the 'four people watching your every move after they die first then complaining' episode, and TDM is an absolute clusterfuck. I haven't played Onward online yet, but I imagine its the same.

smug

>didnt sleep all night
>finally get a model and just two emotes done
>go ingame to show it off
>people call you cute and praise you

Seems to be down for me too

show :D

Its the nanachi posing at the top of the thread right now, thats one emote
Second one is a troubled face with a "Nnnaah!!" sound
Pondering on more to do, i need to figure out more gestures to use too. Dont want to use many more with sounds due to gestures being triggered often from simple movement

rip VRChat
so when are we getting VRChat 2 ?

Realtalk when I'm not in a room with trolls you people are some of the nicest I've ever met online.

I'm technologically illiterate and the screenshots I've seen of people making VRChat avatars scare me. I have a very realistic idea of my limits and that is beyond mine.

Is there any way to copy the default VRChat hand animations? I know how to do animation overrides, but for some I want to keep the hands intact.
I've seen some avatars change facial expression and hand gesture at the same time.
I already have the face shapekeys worked out, but I have no idea how to approach the hands.
Please don't tell me I have to pose them manually

Literally just put them in the animation override and it works. You can't change hand gestures yet if I recall correctly

>playing around with a loli
>fun hand gestures
>follow me
>go through portal for some more fun
>login error
AAAH

you do with muscle rig, its what i did
same shit as in tupper's video

You only ever have to do it once, sort of. Adding each finger bone to one animation, then creating a set of each hand gesture from that first animation, then reusing those (4?) hand gestures and just changing the Body keyframes for each new Avatar,

It isn't as difficult as it looks.

Is the game down for anyone else?

Is it possible to do something like pic related in VRchat?

There was one way I prevented common gestures from triggering my actual override too often, but this will only work for added objects, not changes in blend shapes and the such. If you have whatever you're spawning have a generic GameObject parent that defaulted to off, you can activate that blank parent with one gesture, and activate what you're actually spawning with another. I need to figure out how to do this for other types of animations though, you're really restricted in what you can do without being able to script...

The issue that person is having is that when you override gestures, the hands will go into whatever position you have set into the gesture, instead of the animation they do in VRChat. I've just been setting muscle groups between -1 and 1 until they look close enough to what VRChat's hand animations are, but it's not perfect.

>make custom avatar with various mmd parts
>get called cute a lot and get headpats

I legit lock up with this shit. I've had people ask me how I did it and questions about it and I just get really fucking shy and can't talk.

Feels weird man.

If you told me 2 weeks ago that I'd be sitting here with hundreds of euros spent on VR, countless nights spent staying awake and now looking up Unity and Blender tutorials on a daily basis, I'd call you a bullshitter.

But nope, here I am manually rerigging an entire model because the original creator was drunk when he made it. The actual body, the mesh itself is fantastic, one of the best MMD models available by far. But everything else? It's a mess. Hopefully with this the breasts will jiggle and the hair will move around.

so what did you do?

>Please don't tell me I have to pose them manually

Sorry.

But you can edit animations by copying an existing one, creating a new one in the animation panel, then overwriting the new one with the existing one by changing the names, so you don't have to redo this every single time.

can we please talk about the elephant in the room?

game is growing crazy fast but its still f2p with no monetization.
the 1 mio from HTC wont last long with them having to upgrade servers / hire more devs mods.

how are they gonna monetize the game ?
premium worlds ? premium avatars ?
SDK becomes buy to use ?

So I finally found a model that i want to use for VRchat and when i put it into blender and use the "fix model" option on CATS this happens... can anyone help me out?

Worked two days on another avatar from and old .blend file only to find out unity isn't working anyone know a fix for this?

open the panel on the right side and enable shadeless

The most likely issue is that Blender is unable to read the texture filenames. I've had this issue before. Rename and then remap the correct texture to the correct material either inside PMXE or Blender.

At least that's how I've fixed my pink issues.

Marketplace would be the best option. Creators can sell their avatars and VRC devs get a cut of each transaction. Maybe allow for inventories, too, so you don't have to use animation overrides for everything; you can just buy a gun someone has made and handle it like a cup, glowstick, etc., spawning it from the inventory.

How do you make a fist look correct? My thumb always goes inside the rest of the fingers instead of on top, and adjusting the values for the thumb makes it not bend fully, so that can't be it.

Servers are down.

Creators selling avatars would cause companies to sue or threaten to.

What's some cute stuff I can add to my model using animation overrides? I've already got swords, guns, a functioning boom box and a functional guitar, and I'm going to make a version with a hat I can remove, but I was wondering what else I could add that would be cute and get me headpats

I already have shadeless enabled xd

The 'Fix Model' option already enables Shadeless by default.

Let's look at this. MMD models are by far and away the most popular source of models used in VRChat. Whenever somebody creates a model in PMXE, whether they're Japanese or Chinese or American or German, they are the sole copyright holder of it according to the terms and usage of MMD. So unless it's explicitly stated by the creator of the model that you are allowed to edit, redistribute and charge for the model in VRChat, that's a no go.

So I really do not see that being a possibility.

What does it look like?

If I want to give my avatar glowing eyes, do i need to go back to Blender and create a separate material or is there a way to add it in Unity? I know there's an emission option in Unity but all my materials are together in an atlas.

You might be able to create a new object and place it on the armature to override the eyes

Facial expressions if you haven't gotten those yet.

The values I posted are this fist.

I think people don’t like this one avatar I’m using. I don’t seem to get as many friend requests as I do with others.

Any good VR Discord channels? The VRChat one is just way too fucking big at this point and filled with too many retards.

Is there a way to convert dds to tga in a better / mass convert way? Turns out all my textures are in dds format and I can't put them on the model in unity.

Anyone else unable to friend anyone at all right now?

Anyone have Kanna gang model file?? I look around but people stop distributing it because of the ban wave. I'm just going to use this model to hang out with friends since they all have the model but wasn't upload by them.

ddsconverter.com

hey you're the shuten douji user. i see you added breast bones to it, good job

i find that the amount of friend requests i get vary wildly. sometimes i get flooded with them if i have a cute loli avatar. sometimes i get none. sometimes i get so many i don't know what to do when playing as a big titty monster. sometimes none at all. it just depends really.

i appreciate you taking the time and effort user

Thank you Papi.

I'm working on a model from something with job changes. It's really low poly so I figure I can work in a bunch more stuff. Can I have it completely change to the model of another job?

Why does opening the SteamVR/Oculus dash introduce so much goddamn lag after closing them?

Thanks for the encouragement. I keep wondering to myself why all these MMD models have unsymmetrical rigging. It's not by a huge amount, but in every single model the bones on either side of the boy (left ankle and right ankle for example or left leg and right leg for example) the values are different just a little bit, enough to not make them completely the same.

Triggers the fuck out of my OCD.

Happens to me too, might be because I have a potato computer.

>tfw can only play VrChat drunk
this game is making me an alcoholic

Already got a few, yeah
one of them is an ahegao

getting attention for being a cute girl is great and all, but is that all there is? I'm guessing theres no private chat for ERP or anything, so people just do pretend to be lolis to get 'head pats' and people complimenting them?

I have an 8700k and a 1060. Probably the 1060's fault, but I'm not upgrading past that.

Disable the oculus dash on start up

You can ERP without chatting and you can go to a private world or a private room in the void club for example for that. just lock the (timed) door from the inside every now and then.

What is the best horror game for VR at the moment?

I've considered drinking just a little bit in order to overcome my microphone shyness. How's it working out for you?

No I'm pretty damn sure there's ERP going on somewhere.

Well your CPU is the strongest one currently available on the market as far as single-threaded performance goes (VRChat loves single-threaded performance). I also have a GTX 1060 (only the 3GB version) so I feel your pain. I'm personally gonna be upgrading when new AMD CPUs and Nvidia Volta comes out. If you haven't done so already try overclocking your CPU if you have a good motherboard and good CPU cooling. Also make sure that you have really fast DDR4 RAM, preferrably above 3200MHz. You're gonna get so much better FPS from that.

Resident Evil 7 is the undisputed king I'm sure.

Alien: Isolation with MotherVR mod.

There isn't collision between avatars in vrchat, though you can still "hold" hands with others if both coordinate the movement, I saw that often.

I find VR negates the effects of drunkness. I was drinking whiskey from the bottle without taking off the headset and couldn't feel anything, as soon as I took it off I was notably drunk and noticed I'd drunk about half a liter, but when I put it back on I was completely sober again.

vote, i wanna see what you all have

strawpoll.com/r21ze4sg

Is still broke after they tweeted servers are up, can anyone help, I can't even upload the default avatar.

Why would the dash be causing this lag after it's gone anyways. The dash itself doesn't lag, but it significantly lags my game after I go back to the game. I want to use the desktop on the dash so I don't have to keep lifting up my headset every time I want to do something.

Where did you get that tutorial avatar from?

I also find it has the opposite effect of looking at a screen.

Being in VR for hours actually makes me for exhausted, not more alert. I can fall asleep after hours of VR very easily.

Why do people hate furries? I don’t even know why I hate them, when I like like Disney and bugs bunny cartoons.

In the VR chat SDK Assets. Online it says to use it to test if you have problems uplaoding another avatar.

They used to inject their fetishes, like vore, diapers, etc. into everything 10+ years ago, so they were ostracized from everywhere.

Damn, I thought there was a way to get the models that were already in game. I wanted their unity-chan because it has eye tracking while the asset store version doesn't, and probably doesn't have a fucked up skeleton in blender.

>finish re-decimating Ferris
>can't atlas but merge as many textures as possible
>export
>open in unity
>realise his legs bones are gone
>go back to blender
>they're fucking gone
>can't undo to a safe point
Why couldn't someone just help me atlas

I can't wait another four years. Are there any wizard avatars I can use without paying money so I can fulfil my destiny?

I dunno I just feel like I can't handle other people without drinking. Right now I'm stuck in teamspeak talking to someone.
I don't really usually talk a lot either but it feels like being drunk fixes everything which kind of worries me.
Depends on the game I'm playing , like I'f im playing some bow shooting game and I have to draw the bow back a lot I get exhausted really fast, but I can play VRchat until 6AM easily if I can/wanted.
I don't know I like furries but I'm kind of one myself. The community once you're inside just feels like VRchat. A giant hugbox where everyone loves everyone and nobody is being competitive and helping others out. Just like I would like to cuddle people in real life but its not socially accepted and furries and VRchat give me that feeling of being close to other people that accept me or something idk.
>people just want to talk about vr in this thread
S-some has to be the degenerate dragging the thread down, right?

Oh I forgot about that diaper shit. Lmao