>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIc98N4qYq0
youtu.be/EMIV7cVAUpY
nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1372/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ds3 would be the worst souls game if it didn't have such active multiplayer.

>screencapping that
jesus christ, user

Is Sulyvahn hard or am I a bitchnigger?

It's the worst souls game because of its multiplayer

It doesn't have "randomly" generated co op dungeons like Bloodborne, instead it's got a trash multiplayer arena and terrible connectivity for the auto-invasion covenants

>best ratio of good:shit bosses
I would start and finish DS3 for the sixth time before even considering entering Lost Izalith, fighting BoC, or slogging through all of DaS's boring damage sink bosses.

>that user making fun of having novig and miracles
>despite the fact that he's packing a ridiculous amount of FP and one of the best PVP and PVE spells in the game, Lightning Arrow

See the thing about Lightning Arrow is that there is literally no reason for you to ever get hit

Never change, /v/

He's the first casual filter in the game. If you can't beat him, you won't beat the rest of the game.

I don't know what weapon to use /dsg/

Thanks for the help, that weapon really makes light work of Yhorm

I parryfish his ass every single playthrough, no matter what my actual build is.

What are the absolute shit weapons class for DS3? Can someone rank them? Same goes for infusions.

>40/40 in DS1
>not 28/40
How would I know? Claymore? Greatsword? Balder Side Sword? Chaos Blade?

>he thinks BoC is a bad boss
it's fun and it reminds me of a WoW raid because you have to dodge abilities

It's a perfect pleb filter

I've only died to him twice so far, but they've been pretty brutal assbeatings. I beat DS1 and Bloodborne so I'll get it. I just haven't figured him out yet.

You can duck under half his attacks, like the overhead swing of them is so huge that if you're a FAI caster, you can actually cast med heal without being hit during his 4 hit chain depending on your positioning.

Now if he were Friede's height, he would actually be a challenge.

Pure dex

yo yhorm guy, is there anywhere else you wanna do?

I haven't figured out parrying in this game yet. It took me a while to get it in Bloodborne, too. This guy could end up being the Martyr Logarius of this game for me. In other words, rape me repeatedly until I figure out parrying.

Whips are the absolute worst weapon class. Claws and fists are close behind (except as parry tools or for Perseverance). Greathammers and Ultra Greatswords are kind of bad for PvP. Everything else is fine or great.

>highest sustained DPS in the game
>absolute shit

>terrible connectivity for the auto-invasion covenants
Yet another dumb nigger who doesn't understand that it's a player population issue because there are way too many Darkmoons and way too little people using the "noob covenant" and the ratio is only getting worse because git gud fags don't want to wear the "noob covenant" which means that only salesbabbies or people wanting to help darkmoons out wear it.

I have to wrap up some stuff with Patches, Siegward, and Sirris now that I have 3 LoC down, but I imagine Dancer is almost immediately next?

Step 1: Equip small shield.
Step 2: Watch his attack patterns.
Step 3: Press R2 instead of circle.
Step 4: Riposte for massive damage.

Dear all randomizer-itemfags

Where/from what did you find your first Titanite Shard?

You do mean L2, right? Not R2?
>you can actually cast med heal without being hit during his 4 hit chain
Nigga wat? You mean like if you're on the other side of the room?

That's one way to git gud, but you shouldn't reasonably expect to parry him to death on your first try. Sully is easy enough if you don't trade hits, don't panic roll, and don't block. Hit him once or twice and back off; roll precisely through his attacks; rinse and repeat.

youtube.com/watch?v=zIc98N4qYq0

>doing one-handed strong attacks into his attacks

>Nigga wat? You mean like if you're on the other side of the room?

No, I mean that you can literally crouch under some of his strikes using Curl Up (for example) or the cast animations of the healing miracles

Try them out and find the one that has a fun personality.

Do you like any of the weapon families in particular? big meaty curved swords?

Panic rolling is probably my worst Dark Souls habit tbqh. Sometimes it works but it would be better to stay calm and not do this. I'll figure it out one way or another and I'll check out the video, thanks.

Lads. I'm almost there. I decided to pvp on a whim, since I want to get that sword from mound makers. I've gotten up to 8 hard earned vertebra thingies, 7 won hard through quick ambushes or plain fights, one of them I got just as I invaded, dumbass host got killed.

I have come to realize that I suck or that people are just better then me at this, as I have done at least 30 invasions at this point and achieved victory only so many times. Still, it was mostly entertaining.

yup, just say when you're ready

If you summon Gael, does the first stage of Friede's health increase because of the summon or does it stay the same?

>Larry "the Sledge" Rosen reference
Jesus, that video is 10 years old now.

>You do mean L2, right? Not R2?
Yes.

Say I get summoned in the Tomb of the Giants and use Cast Light. Would the light show up for the host, or just me?

So can anyone help me with this I really wanna know if this is just a bug or something.

FUCK YOU, BALTIMORE

I really like spears and halberds in DS1.

I'm using the Murakumo right now user...

I'm pretty sure you can activate HA in the middle of a stunlock against most dex weapons if you have at least 20 poise, and dex weapons are the easiest things in the game to parry, and considering how rolling and iframes are balanced there is no sustaining damage with dex weapons in ds3.

Dexfags have one job in das3 PvP and that is to be the guy in the gank to rundown invaders and give them a free chug parry and riposte every time they chug.

Well shit, I should have tried a smaller shield earlier. Do kite shields not parry at all or is it just very difficult? I just went to those three pontiff knight dudes near the Central Irithyll bonfire and was 3-for-3 parrying them with the small leather shield. I'll give Sully a shot this way now. My previous attempts were rolling and two-handing and that was not working out for me.

youtu.be/EMIV7cVAUpY

The actual vid I make with this thing is gonna be fun.

This weapon has me interested again.
Blues are for dying

It's one of the best weapons in DS1

I've always been more of a Claymore/Zwei fag, just trying something new for my 10th+ playthrough....

Murakumo is great in DaS.
Some of my favorite weapons to use probably the Greatsword, the Bastard Sword and the Lucerne. None of them is really that great in DaS pvp, but I like them.

Parry Shields (an unnamed subset of small shields) have shorter wind-ups, longer active frames and fewer recovery frames.

>shorter wind-ups
I think this must be what makes the biggest difference for me. Thanks again niqqa.

I'm trying her now, but I'll be at Vordt's bonfire. Same password

That fucking wacky one-hand strong attack for the halberd is so fun, as is its follow-up strong attack/backswing.

Yeah that was my single favorite weapon, I think. Also really liked the winged spear, which is what I used for much of the early game before the halberd grew on me so much. Silver spear is nice, too. I never had the strength for the really huge ones. I was a dexfag.

signs down

Are infused weapons in this game weak as DS2? For PVE and PVP.

>DS2 infused
>weak

Wot

>casual filter
>halfway through the base game

I don't think you know what casual filter means

oops invaded

Breh, is not even funny. +10 or +5 and buffed are way WAY better than any infused weapon in the game. even at 50 fth/int

In the DLCs yes, everywhere else they're great but remember to always buff

Thanks again for your help. Is it worth switching over to her swords? I'm currently at 31/14/14/14 STR/DEX/INT/FTH but I have no problem respeccing, since I'm going to try and pick up pyromancy later on down the line.

Are Greatsword of Judgment and Profaned Greatsword any good, familia? I'm using a Mace +6 right now but I'm leveling Str a lot more than Dex so I may decide to use a greatsword or greathammer at some later point.

>can be hit when going through a mist

what the fuck? this game keeps getting worse and worse every minute

No but I mean you can lightning infuse and then lightning buff weapons in DS2

Like you can take the heide knight sword, which is already part lightning, infuse it with lightning, and then buff it with sunlight blade

oh man no, they are so disappointingly shitty.

anyhow do you wanna do dragonslayer or ociros?

Profaned is an alright quality ugs which fell out of grace after infusion changes. GSoJ is a very stat hungry weapon with the optimal build being 27str/40dex/40int.

>AshenOneImpregnationAndMindbreakGangbangBy3ChadLothricKnights.mp4

It's so that faggot hosts can't run away from reds, casuals bitched about it so in DS3 they fixed it so that you're invincible while going through fog walls if you want to pussy out

Oh wow. I don't see myself having 40 dex (I don't think) and I definitely won't have 40 int. So GSoJ is out. Would you say maybe craft the Profaned just because why not? I've had a couple boss souls that I just ate because I felt 100% certain I'd never use the items that could be made from them, but I feel kinda gay doing that.

I don't want to clear 20 enemies every time I go to a boss

Dancer's are among the worst weapons in the game. Not quite Cleric's Candlestick tier bad, but pretty much Lothric's Holy Sword tier bad. Meaning, unless you're using it for memes, you'll get your ass kicked.

Propaned is pretty decent quality, good moveset but the WA isn't all that much better than a regular space launch.

GSoJ is fun, but very stat-hungry. I enjoy using it though.

You don't, there's usually either a shortcut or a nearby bongfire

The only one where there isn't is Heide, but Heide is a starting area and there's only one enemy you have to kill before Dragonrider, the rest you just run by

>Not quite Cleric's Candlestick tier bad
Different fag here. I was hoping this thing would end up being good. Oh well.

>taking more than one attempt to kill a boss in Dark Souls 2

God dammit, looks like I'll have to go get the Onyx Blade then. But sure, I'm down

>>I don't want to clear 20 enemies every time I go to a boss
>dying to any boss but The Pit when healing is effectively infinite
What the fuck could you possibly lose to?

Are standard arrows the best general purpose arrows? I like the increased attack on the large arrow but the decreased distance kind of betrays the point.

The Great Club is a top tier weapon for PVE. I'm not scared of anything anymore. This thing is brutal I can power through any enemy.

Yeah, it's a good weapon.
>I've had a couple boss souls that I just ate because I felt 100% certain I'd never use the items that could be made from them
Did you eat curse rotted greatwood or abyss watchers soul? Both give you options for amazing greatswords.

buff the fugs

i only have points to have 110 agi so i have no health or damage

Nah I think I used both of those. Hollow Slayer and ... I forget the other?

>DaS's boring damage sink bosses?
What? Any weapon bigger than a straight sword nukes the game. The only real damage sponge bosses would be Queelag if you're fighting her with a +5 weapon, or the Iron Golem, which lets you wail on him forever anyway.
All post-lordvessel bosses fall really quickly to anything +15 with decent stats
I felt the exact opposite, I feel like even with an ultra and high strength DS3's bosses take way more punishment than they have any right to

Standard arrows are better ones for plinking but for actually killing things you should go for Greatarrows

too bad its ugly as af

>110 agi
92 or 96 agi is more than enough for the main game though, you can go up to 99 or even 105 if you have points to spare but why the fuck would you need 110

lmao

>110 agi
What the fuck. Respec immediately. You never need more than 92 AGI for anything in the game.

Oh never mind I haven't used the Abyss Watcher soul yet. Which one is better, Wolf Knight or Farron?

Different user, but you're full of shit. 92 is considered a bare minimum, and loads of people here suggest either 96 or 100.

gankers are annoying, its always the same build as well

nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/1372/?
how come there aren't any mods like this for dark souls 2 or 3?

I don't know I just started the game

I mean I understand leveling adp since everyone says it's important, but 110 is a metric fuckton my dude
You should've looked up the breakpoints to see how much to get

WKGS is a lot better. Farron GS is a meme weapon for the most part and requires 40dex because you get no str bonus for "two" handing it.
If you want a good greatsword that scales well with strength alone you can try claymore with heavy infusion.

>Gaping Dragon
>Ceaseless Discharge
>Stray Demon
>Sif
Each took 10 goddamn minutes of mindless R1-ing for me. And don't get me started on shit like Moonlight Butterfly and Centipede Demon who never let you fucking attack.
Gwyn, Artorias and Manus went down faster than anything listed above.

Awesome, thanks. What about Vordt's soul? His greathammer any good? The Pontiff's left eye looks like it would be fantastic if I were dexfagging but it looks less appealing for Str weapons. Is that accurate?

You can dodge every attack with 92. 96 is a noob crutch, and 100 is for people with a negative sense of timing..

What in the actual fuck did they do to the dragon form in Dark Souls 3? Looks like an anorexic deer.

the pontiff eye rings are really gimmicky and vordt's is the worse one imo

his greathammer is one of the best low SL weapons in the game