/egg/ - Engineering Games Genera

Heavy metal edition
Previous Johj: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14731599
youtube.com/watch?v=vKGYs71N72c
youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow
youtube.com/watch?v=u-gp8iala-g
strawpoll.me/14731703/r
youtube.com/watch?v=m3CkOunk8fY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

+l

I'm going to make a machine to gas you degenerates for real

Do you want to live forever?

>no genitals
dropped

>Only photogenic one is the white woman
Of course.
I'd much prefer if she was in the chair instead of Mr. Potato-Head.

>Watch unti-
No
I don't want to watch it
Why the fuck would I do that

>complain about sexualizing women in video games
>sexualize women in "inclusive" shows
How ELSE am I supposed to interpret those boots, skirts, and exposed midriffs?

Noone joined my Daysieneers game yet so I want the other user to explain himself because I'm retarded.

That's the whole point! It's to call attention to how overly sexualized "nerd" culture is in general. Even in the episode all of the women reference it as being disgusting and demeaning. The villain is clearly a permavirgin from /wizchan/

What's wrong, are you so close-minded that simply seeing new information will shatter your preconceived notions and biases?

I can now use joystick and throttle to operate everything from aircraft controls to engine power levels (even on steam jets) to weapons, who knew you could turn Besiege into a lego flight simulator. I need ACM updated for multiverse asap

I still gotta get good at DCS

>diversity in the tech sector as well as space exploration
That's not how it works.
You have to be competent in your field to get a job.
At least still in my country.

I want you to fuck off to /pol/ or plebbit or wherever you came from and never post again

Because if 'new information' involves bad/ignored physics and/or writing, then it's shit

There are competent people of all types. You people love capitalism right? Shouldn't the best person for the job win regardless of their physical characteristics and how they identify themselves? Why is it only cis white males that seem to hate diversity so much?

Then watching it won't change your mind and you can simply laugh about it while you do so right? It's pretty arrogant to claim to know something is poorly written before you've even seen it! The focus of the episode isn't the tech anyways, it's the moral and ethical questions the tech provides. It's meant to be a thought experiment.

I've probably been on Veeky Forums longer than you friend. We used to take doxx nazis and klansmen when I first started posting, not prop them up as dictators

>We used to take doxx nazis and klansmen when I first started posting, not prop them up as dictators
No we didn't. We went after Hal Turner because he talked shit, not because he was a bigot. It was not a crusade for equality, it was a personal grudge.

What the fuck are you guys on about
>Engineering Games
I wish the crossout plebs would come again

Thank you besiege plane poster

Great, why are trying to derail this thread?
This topic is as far away from /egg/ as it gets.

I literally watched this now just closed the netflix tab wtf

In light of the fact that spitters were wrecking my shit, I've updated my

BIG
BEAUTIFUL
WALL

maybe I should stop burning literally all non-limited resource overflow

nah

>/egg/ being baited this hard by some SJW
Just ignore it and move on

Reminder to vote the fate of Crossout on /egg/
strawpoll.me/14731599

The captain reminds me of the Bogdanoffs for some reason, I think it's the chin.

/pol/ shitters pls go

>You people

HELLO FELLOW 4CHANNERS

>we used to doxx nazis and klansmen
Only if it was funny. Same with doxxin and fucking with Scientologists, conservative talk show hosts, GameStop, etc.

t. shillposter, pls go slide threads on /pol/ and leave our autism party alone

>the focus of the episode isn't the tech anyways
Sounds like shit. I want a fictional documentary that talks about fictional battles in a universe of chode tech levels. Describing the internal construction of ships and the munitions they carry, no characters except for the narrator. Entire episodes dedicated to single ships/drones/missiles like those military documentaries discussing the capabilities of their vehicles.

>conservative talk show hosts
don't forget plain old desperate talk show hosts.

Oh, yes, very funny.
I'm sure you think that Mexicans who only want to share in the American Dream should be gunned down at a border wall too.

I hope that all of you fascists get locked up when your orange idol gets impeached.

THIS
ISN'T
FUCKING
ENGINEERING

You're right, we did it "for teh lulz" but anonymous mostly tried to go after bad people. I say "you people" as in those that are closeminded and bigoted, not anons in general. The hivemind died a long time ago if it ever actually existed.

I'm not trying to derail the thread, someone's comment from last dod upset me and I figured I'd try to put a positive spin on it rather than simply calling them out. See I don't think black mirror has ever pretended to be using the futuristic tech as anything more than plot points and ways to show different thoughts/perspectives. You'll want a different show for sure

I'm glad to see that I'm not to only sane one here!

THIS IS NOT ENGINEERING

You give Capitalism a platform.
Don't you dare compare yourself to me.

Anyone who willingly goes along with such a system is not sane, only a puppet.

oy vey

THIS ISN'T ENGINEERING

Being able to control the throttle on steam jets is especially cool, since until now they only had two states: off/maximum throttle to a billion kph

post more spengies

Anyway Stationeers air drop user if you wanna play together just give a sign that you're alive.
I've got power and started on a battery station.
An ice drop off and filter station are the next things I need.

Report and move on.

>(((democracy)))
dude just make a new general and see how it goes why do you need a fucking poll
just make the thread

Post machines that might inspire ingame builds

>SLJ900
youtube.com/watch?v=vKGYs71N72c

>Obviously, the Bagger 288
youtube.com/watch?v=azEvfD4C6ow

I think I'm in that zone where I've been using tank treads so I've had a build with obscene amounts of armour, so less than 2.5k feels like not enough structure points anymore because I'm using the 4 walker legs I just bought

This is hard, I seem to always end up making a big rectangle

ded

>when keen allowed to copy paste "lootboxes"

>want to buy sets of wheels, multiple of all the blue weapons and the purple
>out of storage space
>upgrade slots only add 25, cost 800 gold and increase in amount required to upgrade
what the fug?? who thought this was a good idea

>Achievement for 5000 portal uses
>Put on the level where button press lets the vehicles through while they loop forever
>Leave it running for like an hour

>shouldn't the best person for the job win regardless
I assume you are against affirmative action then?

is that some anti-capitalism i see here?
> F A R M S
> One Hundred Million Deaths

you're in a thread for engineering games on a board for games' general threads, by pushing your social justice bullshit here you are derailing the thread. go talk about it on /pol/ or something.

what right do they have to share in the american dream? if they want that they can LEGALLY IMMIGRATE

Technically that's supposed to be for when two applicants are equal in everything but one is a minority, but it was pretty obviously gonna get abused to make companies look better in PR

dod

dud

It's really satisfying to get a successful quench and temper on steel using just your eyes to determine temperature.

>Fahrenheits instead of Kelvins
what physician made this chart

youtube.com/watch?v=u-gp8iala-g

I was actually just thinking of switching the Fahrenheit side over to Kelvin. I just left it there for now because a lot of tempering charts or temperatures for normalizing/annealing certain steel grades are in pig disgusting imperial on most websites.

>finished campaign
>thought it was easy, or at least accessible for a Zachtronic game
>see this
Cheeky devs been hiding the real game.

>using metal tools
pussy

Just add 273 degrees to any celsius temp and you got Kelvins
Fahrenheit are a meme, I don't know the crazy rules for converting them

You're not being helpful regardless of what you may think. I actually consider your poll to be a sad joke. I have used it as a joke before. I will use it as a joke again.
Turn your trip off or go make a new thread that I can ignore.

>Fahrenheit are a meme
Too bad so much information is from burgerland so people are forced to use it.

Don't you mean
>fahrenheit instead of rankine
>celcius instead of kelvin
There'd be no point in putting celcius and kelvin on the same chart.

now I'm angry again

>not using the newton scale

gas when?

strawpoll.me/14731703/r
Reminder that you are not wanted here

Kelvin is SI, Celsius is the sensible scale, explain the point of Farenheit

wew wrong cap, I'll go kill myself now

meh, could do better with silver atom production but at least the method works.

>blue weapons
you should get around to picking weapons you like best by this point and sell the others

>literally one person voted no

Belt compressing in new patch now that sideloading and underground "boxes" are dead is fucking cancer.

>sideloading is dead
How did they mess that up? Is it one of those things that only people who optimize the shit out of their factory see or have I just not encountered it yet?

It was side effect of huge belt optimisations that brought UPS up by 50-100%. Also, they did post in friday facts that they hate logibots and stack belts are coming soon.

post rectangle

I have most of the weapons I like user, but I want a full arsenal of stuff to experiment with or make interesting builds.

Different user but just go for the upgrades. It sucks dick, but hey wont ever change it. I bought 2 of them and now I have 250 storage spots, and I constantly sit around 247 parts because I filled it right up to have all the parts I like for variety. To upgrade a 3rd time Ill have to buy TWO of those fucking upgrade things. Its a pain in the ass.

If you are going to use the spider legs, that spider cabin is almost mandatory because of it giving the legs 40% faster movement speed. Without it the legs are slow as fuck.

Right now Im saving up 900 shekels or so to buy that new truck cabin off the market. 10% damage boost to all weapons with limited firing angles. Cannons, rockets, missiles, and those machine guns and shotguns stuffed in armored boxes.

In old versions if there was any gap at all along a belt, then another belt feeding in to the side would hold the items upstream of the gap while it dropped its own item in, leading to belts that were perfectly compressed. Now the side loading belt will let the gap pass by until there's a sufficiently large gap to drop an item in.
Compressing belts is a pain in the ass due to how splitters deal with "splitting" two incoming belts into a single outgoing belt when one of the lanes on the outgoing belt is full, there's really no good/efficient way to do it right now that I know of.
I don't know how you could have not noticed this.

When I realised I'm a brainlet

Teach me to greeble senpai

This way works rather well. You just merge four half-belts into two full belts.

Start small. Add more arms for efficiency/cycle at the cost of price and area. Every big problems can be solved by breaking it down to smaller pieces.

burst pressure cooker?

That relies on having compressed half-belts though which is most of the problem, there's no good way to get a compressed half-belt now that you can't sideload.

Now that I'm getting to harder puzzles my designs are getting a bit lazy.

looks like it. never seen one where the directional force is distributed evenly upward and downward as pic related.
youtube.com/watch?v=m3CkOunk8fY

dat efficiency though

When I say half-belt, I don't mean one side of belt full and other empty, I mean belt has 1:1 ratio of items and empty space overall.

post spoders

sexe spoder

Aww yeah radar detection range of 550meters baby.

Goddamn melee weapons suck now. It used to be that if you managed to get close enough to melee a guy they were dead. Now melee might as well be a one time use weapon like the spears. Grind through one guy with my sawblades and the ammo boxes/generators exploding strips off all 4 of mine.

>season challenge wants me to kill 17 players with melee weapons
>spears dont count as melee weapons what the fuck

that melee weapon sucks
if you make a sort of inverse cone laced with saws and augers that pulls the enemy in it's much better

You still get the same effect though. You kill a single player and they all get blown off due to exploding fuel/ammo/generator.

I'd honestly play cuckout if I had spare wads of dosh to buy/200+ hours to spend grinding the parts to build something like this

The outcome for option 1 is I get bored in a week and feel like I wasted a shitload of money
Outcome for option 2 is I lose my soul/faith in humanity/sanity

So yeah I guess I'm not playing crossout

stick your weapons on the end of frame parts away from the rest

>this is the head of kikeries in any Gayjin gaem

If you can gitgud with cannons you can pretty much skullfuck anything under 5000 from the first hours of the game, especially if you manage to get three of them going later on. There's a bug with the explosive damage that functions similarly to how star-made had that "coring out" issue, where you could arrange your weapon like a long checkerboard and be able to spear directly to the core of an enemy ship. Just arrange your cannons to hit slightly after one another and you can remove well over half a tanky autocannon/machine gun shitter's build.

Of course, this relies on you enjoying the game. It doesn't ever get any better, it just gets more amusing to kill people.

A pair of little boy cannons can carry you right up into 8000-9000PS no problem, which is basically end game. And you can have 2 of those on like your 2nd or 3rd day of playing.

Hell you can build a race car that can kick like 90% of every other players ass in your first week of playing out of the basic shitty parts you get for free as item drops.
>take shitty parts and build race car
>farm scrap on race days
>sell 1000 scrap for 50-60 shekels
>buy whatever you want