/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, fight, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and anything Sonic related!

/sthg/ #1152 - Chris Thorndyke Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6_ZhdOalk8
instagram.com/p/Bdp6s8EgqqR/
instagram.com/p/BdpCff0gi3-/
youtube.com/watch?v=V9G5zO6nCn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honesty time. Was Chris really that bad of a character?

Bros before hoes.

youtube.com/watch?v=y6_ZhdOalk8

rideu

Yes.

Yes. He treated his circumstances so much worse than how they were, and was abnormally dependent on Sonic. And he was made that way on purpose for the most shallow character development ever conceptualized.

>They deleted the post linking the thread
oh
no

>They're posting on this one too
o
h
n
o

have you ever been legitimately spooped by a sonic game/tv show/etc. before? Fan content doesn't count

I'm glad you have my back in this threadu

May as well *BEEP* this one too.

Yes.
Sonic X would have been pretty good had Chris not been in it.

Sonaze >>>>>> Silvaze.

The pink water and drowning music always scared me as a kid

I'm seeing double! Four Sonics!

Sonic >>>>>> Silver

Reminder to report this thread

It doesn't matter which ship is ""better."" Stop ruining these threads with this cancer

^This

Seriously this
Why do you guys always do this autistic shit

Shipping autism should be a bannable offense.

This is the correct one though.
Blow through this one and then use the other.

Why? It was created before the other one and also has the correct thread number.

instagram.com/p/Bdp6s8EgqqR/

No way, this one has the correct number. Use this one.

>poll results
>Blaze as favorite for a lot of people
>Silver as a least favorite for almost as many people and the most hated overall
This explains so much.

>Garfield... what are you?
>It's too late for me Shadow. You should turn back now.
>Damn... but what if...!
>You won't give up... will you?
>Garfield...

The Archie comics were really emotionally gripping weren't they?

I used to really like Silver but hanging out on /sthg/ made me start to hate him.

instagram.com/p/BdpCff0gi3-/

How?

Maybe it's not as exciting as it was for example at Mania's announcement, but it's still beautiful.

why are these sorts of cartoon crossover/autism comics always colored with either markers or crayons?

trying to do a desolated/bad future Studiopolis for this mania thing, it's not really easy to make this place feel empty though.

>And that's how you skin a crocodile using only a simple knife and still keep the hide fresh and whole for reuse

*naps*

>Trifecta

shadamy coming through

Sad Sonamy anyone?

Silvazefags, probably.

youtube.com/watch?v=V9G5zO6nCn8

Did Sonic bully Amy?

Name a sexier and more powerful character than Sir Bartleby MontClair of Dresdin
Protip: You can't

tails

Probably. Sonic is a rude rat.

Kindly remove yourself.

What if Shadow was Sonic's sidekick instead of Tails?

Yeah Sonamyfags are pretty sad

SONIC! HELP ME!

Amy looks smug & naked.

Well, Sonic would have a useful sidekick for once.

Whatever happened to that one really delusional Tails fan that posted here a few times?

She died, another user who was her brother posted about it.

Other way around, Sonicfag.

i wanna fuck him in the butt while he's cowering in fear like that

What if Tails was Sonic's sidekick instead of Shadow?

>ship wars
>console wars
>gen wars

Is it 2003 again? These assholes need to at least develop a sense of humor if they're going to start this shit back up already.

user, it's called "bait."

Nah, we're pretty cheerful with our ship. It's a shame you're so bitter that all you can do is hate others' happiness. Have a cute pic to cheer you up, user!

Yes, I hate him for butting into the SA2 arc alone.

>How Cucky became Bully

I repeat. These assholes need to develop a sense of humor. Idle nerd sadism can only go so far before it just ends up being embarrassing for everyone involved.

>takes bait seriously
>THESE ASSHOLES NEED TO AT LEAST DEVELOP A SENSE OF HUMOR
Practice what you preach.

Iizuka did nothing wrong

>we're pretty cheerful with our ship

Is that you guys are constantly salty about Amy being friendzoned?

Why do Silvaze shippers turn Silver into a completely different character from his Rivals and Forces personality?

>It's this old and tired shipwar bait shitposting again
I'm out, goodbye

I'm not salty about it, I just know it's Sega's policy to not let characters develop too much so they can keep their iconic status. Sonic would never be allowed to show interest or settle down, his image as a gaming icon would be ruined. I get that. On the other hand, it's the closest to a relationship he'll ever get; I just like to picture the next step.

Sonamy fags are eternally bitter because Amy got cucked by Sally and Elise.

Making characters OOC is paramount to shipping. Sonic would never be with Amy, since he values freedom while Amy wants commitment and/or marriage. Shadow would never be with Rouge, since he's not romantic. And Silver would never be with Blaze, since they're from two different dimensions, which is why Blaze x [anyone from Sonic's dimension] can't work. That, and none of the trifecta actually have any romantic feelings for each other, apart from Amy's crush.

Good morning, /sthg/!

They like his design and nothing else. You'll find this is the cade with most shippers.

You will not be missed on your vacation.

Someone explain the appeal of shipping to me. I don't get it.

>How would you feel if Sega released a game with multiple playable characters, but they're all speed type and essentially Sonic clones with little deviation?

I know this is probably the only way to get multiple characters without people losing their shit about different playstyles, but I can't help but be unsatisfied with that.

>Sonic would never be allowed to show interest or settle down, his image as a gaming icon would be ruined.
Sure, that's the reason. It has nothing to do with Sonic not liking Amy enough to be with her.

Post happy Shadow pictures

I don't understand either, but it's the most important part of /sthg/ for sone reason.

Some people like romance.

Yes, I am completely serious. It's all flat and stale. Unless you find jingling keys amusing, there's nothing to laugh at.

>but I can't help but be unsatisfied with that.
fag

Head to for the designated non-shitposting thread.

>this kills the Sonamyfag

>Still not deleted
Anons remember to report.

His inexperience and naivete has led them to kind of flanderize him into being a highly awkward and nervous dork.

Flynn's Silver also runs with this and definitely plays up his naivete and awkward nature a lot stronger than the games do (whether intentional or otherwise) so he may have unwittingly provided a lot of fuel for that sort of thing aswell.

I mean, yeah, that is a way to see it. I'm not sure they'd ever explicitly say it's canon because they wouldn't want to acknowledge it in the first place (outside of Boom cast teasing SonAmyfags).
He may very well not like her, but then he doesn't like anyone, since he really hasn't shown interest in anyone, making all ships moot.
Shipping is moot regardless, but we're not talking canon here, only Sega gets to do that. Shipping wars are stupid, just let people like what they like; you can ignore/filter those you don't like, anyway.

>It Doesn't Matter mixed into it

Some people find two characters cute & like to imagine them being cute together.

Basically this. Shipping (like everything in Sonic) is dumb stuff that shouldn't be serious business. Enjoy what you want, live & let live.

I don't like the pairing, but it's a cute pic. This artist has a really nice style.

Drawloverlala is pretty great. She does some really cute work.

Nice. The other thread was deleted.

Will meme magic make Knuckles relevant enough to become playable again in the 3d games?

I failed a bit with this but yer Jellyfish was cute whoever drew it.

>happy
You monster.
Yes. Helen should have been the main character.

I hope the next game is adventure styled

No, you only get a Ugandan Knuckles T-Shirt. ($2 DLC)

Sonic heights 100cm and weights 35kg, that means that his BMI is 35 and therefore he has type II obesity

Gotta cut those chilidogs

>Sonic heights 100cm and weights 35kg
IMAGINE

>Sonamyfags seething and need to reply to every post directed at them
Oh yeah, you're SO happy and secure with your ship.

>Whilst "volunteering" as an obstetrician at the local hospital, Vanilla made sure to thoroughly microwave every reptile egg she'd manage to get some unsupervised time with.
>Vanilla being Vanilla, she naturally became an internationally respected authority in the field, being invited to countless conferences and publishing a wealth of papers highly regarded within the obstetric community.
>After she'd closed the book on yet another successful career to, once again, return to being a librarian, it took years for the staff to realize their renowned ex-nurse wasn't qualified, nor registered as a volunteer. This was identified as a mere administrative error, to eventually become an amusing footnote of history.
>The sudden increase (or, correction) of local urban reptile fertility rates was officially attributed to, quote:
>"[...] an increasingly welcoming social environment. [...] reptiles are known to lay unfertilized eggs under socio-economic pressure. As a direct result of prolonged community integration and assimilation efforts, this behaviour is becoming less prevalent, thereby losing its effect on urban reptile fertility rates."