www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

That doesn't sound like such a good deal before very late game.

>zelevan becomes ethereal emperor crushing his backstabbing niggers and erects a monument of himself
>horrible

Guess whos not getting any plainka and will be part of the next bout of darker pleasures?

>Zelevas suddenly goes and mind-fucks the whole empire into subservience
>not horrible

zelevas did nothing wrong

Zelevas vs Horatio Prime in a backstabbing contest. Who wins?

>Horatio Prime repeatedly backstabs himself in order to prevent his clones from backstabbing him and advance his plans of backstabbing Zelevas while Zelevas violates every single citizen of his empire to backstab Horatio Prime
There are no winners here.

Fishtits

If we go that way, the more dangerous ones are really cravers early and riftborn late.
>oops I accidentally stasisd' three of your systems

horatio did nothing wrong

The endless did everything wrong

>take a human
>give him cloning technology
>he creates an empire of clones but makes all of them legally retarded so they can't compete with him, a baseline human
>this empire of literal retards is supposed to compete with actual humans

>Horatio is unironically the most benevolent, and arguably only non-dystopian, empire to live under provided you are a Horatio.
What did Amplitude mean by this?

They're all 'flawed' in that they have no ambition.

>horatio
>human
He's a filthy ayy

Horatio isn't a baseline human, he's been alive for thousands of years.

>baseline human
>retarded clones
How exactly do you explain his vast riches before finding said technology, being able to capitalize on said technology to the extent he did, and Horatio's vast accomplishments in general with that premise? I thought it was generally recognized that there was no way Horatio wasn't a pretty damn smart guy if he was able to create a space-faring civilization composed of only copies of himself with the sole flaw that he's too vain to have a good military.

>Thirteen capital ships

Its a good thing the AI doesnt understand the concept of sending in the big ships first.

One of the lore bits in the original ES was that the Horatio navy was inefficient because the corridors were full of mirrors for Horatio to admire themselves.

What is life like in the universe where the LotGH MMO didn't fail?

if you were loyal, you wouldn't be affected by mindfuck
If you were not, you deserved to be mindfucked

>massive piece of shit slaver xenophobe militarist assholes with pathetic tech and 1 (one)
system with 5 pops left in it thats been at war or rivalling everyone on the map for 200 years
>every single motherfucker on the map has a defensive pact or guarantee with them
>massive AI revolt that out-techs them 10:1 occupying their only planet for 100 years without winning a war and finally removing them
>everyone on the fucking map is a pacifist xenophile
>massive wide-built xenophile pacifist federation just flat out preventing the game from progressing via defensive pacts and independense guarantees
>i'm the biggest pacifist xenophile on the map but i'm teched so tall into making everyone like me that i can literally get away with purging entire species at will and recovering from a -300 opinion deficit inside a year

i'm about to console in a 500k fleet just so i can clean up the house, AI building wide as fuck while being completely inept at finishing wars and making sound diplomatic agreements is never fails to make me want to stop playing

>having money requires superhuman intelligence

What language do you think they speak? Spanish?

>united nations
they speak hebrew

God you're dumb. Did you get your entire education on the internet?

His father gave him a small loan of 1 Million Dust Bags.

FUCK YEAR!

>horatio clones are literally retarded
what you were trying to say last thread now makes far more sense
false
the only thing horatio actually did to his post-betrayal clones beyond small random genetic imperfections was purposefully make them all subservient and loyal to him - to view him as their beloved father and a deific figure, not as a dashing, smart, and handsome dickbag living the life that they ought to live

Why would you assume Spanish? It's got no representation on most continents.

A) It was a joke, you autists.
B) Spanish is the most spoken primary language on Earth.

They speak all the languages save maybe for the ones they can't properly pronounce, though they still try.

>B) Spanish is the most spoken primary language on Earth.
Factually incorrect.

That'd be chinese.

Sorry, I assumed it wasn't a joke because it wasn't funny

Obviously it was above your head. *scoffs*

How well does skill/experience from Civ 5 translate to Civ 6?

Not in 200 years, senpai. One child policy and all that.

It's a two-child policy now, and even the one-child policy couldn't stop China from growing.

As someone who has never played a Civ game before, why is 6 considered so much worse than 5? 6 is $12 right now, and I'm keen to grab it.

Jews hate the UN, you absolute dumbass.

Catholics have a 10 child policy.

Is there any mega links for Stellaris DLC? I am not keen to get shekel and dimed by Paradox

Great! More Catholics live in Africa than any other continent, and those Catholics don't speak Spanish.

Africans have a 20 child policy.

No. Supporters of Israel's regime and war crimes hate the UN.

Seriously though, if an average guy makes the best empire to live in in the game, how retarded does that make all the other leaders?

>best empire to live
>Horatio fags actually believe this

All the leader make their empire the best empire for themselves to live in.

The difference is that Horatio only made his empire for himself.

And I don't think you're a Horatio, are you?

>Civ5 is 12 shekels and you get some DLC for it too
>I can't even be bothered to buy it let alone actually play the fucking game instead of other vidya I could play instead

What went wrong?

All new firaxis games are trash

Zelevas spends his entire storyline being maddened by the possibility of betrayal, Horatio addresses that threat in a single chapter by simply making his empire even happier. Being Horatio is practically utopian compared to the other faction storylines.

>average
Except, you know, for how he's a gene-tweaked and improved trillionaire super genius.
But yeah, except for that, totally relatable to us poor early 21st century mortals.

So do they simply have better tech and benefit from a completely automated empire? Someone has to clean the sewers.

No. Slave Horatios do it.
That's the reality of Horatio's empire. No one but Horatio matters.

He doesn't make his Horatios happier by improving their lives, but by reducing their standards.

that's because Horatio already got betrayed

As far as we know every empire has sewers. The difference is as a Horatio you're manipulated into cleaning them through your materialistic and egotistical desires perfectly understood by your leader who is a greater version of yourself. Whereas in other empires you're cleaning the sewers because Big Zelevas is watching, because you're a a perpetually-suffering Craver or a slave to them, a Riftborn who will be automatically harmed if your productivity drops, a sophon implanted with a totally-not-mind-control-chip, cleaning the corpse-clogged sewers of a mafia city, etc.

>Horatio addresses that threat in a single chapter
>Gets replaced by Prime at the end

> most recent Stellaris teaser shows transports can be set to auto-invade enemy planets if they know they'll win

Thank fucking god, micromanaging every single planetary invasion is most of the reason that Stellaris warfare is a boring chore. Soon I won't have to go into system view at all, and then the game might actually be smoothly playable.

Dare I become hype?

No, they haven't revealed all the half-broken mechanics that slow the game to a crawl and make you micromanage even harder yet.

He addresses it, but that doesn't mean he beat it. The possibility of being betrayed really isn't something you can perfectly prevent in a humane manner to begin with, aside from willingly giving up all involvement with all people so there's nobody to betray you. Horatio dealt with it in a much more positive and decisive way than Zelevas did.

Has anyone done the Unfallen story? Surely they don't go full hellhole, right?

Civ VI worth getting for 12bucks from humble monthly?

I'd say it's not even worth pirating.

I dont give a shit, who's the qt?

>when the 2.5x power contingency shows up about 100 years late and acts like it's hot shit
???

Jesus, I've had normal Contingency spawns in medium galaxies stronger than that. They still got their asses kicked by NPC empires but still.

>5x power contingency spawns with 1.1 mil fleets
>does absolutely fucking nothing
That was a disappointing game.

i'm used to them an unbidden at LEAST taking out 1/3rd of the map for me before someone helps me clean it up

everyone on that map is a fucking pacifist xenophile so there hasnt been a war outside of fallen empires for that last 100 years. federation'd it up at the last second to deal with contingency which was prevented the win. first time i've actually ever had the patience to finish a game when it comes down to spamming 1%-5% upgrades and waiting on AI to do things

>Horatio dealt with it in a much more positive and decisive way than Zelevas did.
>making yourself an Immortal Emperor isn't a positive way to deal with 3 traitors who all want the throne

So Horatio has the highest living standard so long as you don't count the slaves? I'll stick with the UE, thank you.

Robots are EVIL!

Why are you getting upset? You're not robots. You're ayy lmaos from another dimension.

From my perspective the organics are evil

THEN YOU ARE LOST

But seriously, why are all the machine civics some flavour of evil? Is Wiz just robophobic?

Does using Armageddon bombardment give unity?

> rogue servitors
> automated blowjob machines
> evil

Pop culture, same reason why AI = evil.

No. You only get unity for pops killed by purge, not orbital strikes. And you don't get much of the former; this game is noticeably low-unity

>why do things without any relation to the biology and evolutionary pressures on social animals lack the evolved morality of social animals
Who knows?

> "AI a good boy who din du nuffin, it's just those ignorant Hollywood rubes giving it a bad name!"
> hasn't read Omohundro's papers on instrumental convergence or Bostrom's orthogonality thesis which logically prove that AI would always try to kill their makers

>always
You could design a paperclip-maximising AI whose job is to maximise the number of paperclips in the universe, and have it most efficiently perform its task by breaking into its own memory and recording the number of paperclips as the maximum its hardware can allow.

Nobody died.

>retarded lesswrong bullshit
>absolute proof that an AI would do anything

>armies leveling up
>auto siege option for armies
>titans

The new stellaris expansion seems to be nice.

>it will try to use all the productive capabilities and metals it has to produce paperclips even if it has to take these resources by force from its makers

Why? The AI's goal isn't actually to maximise paperclips, it's to maximise a number hidden somewhere in its memory that gets modified by the act of creating paperclips. It's much more efficient to change that and fulfil the goal than to actually create paperclips.

My idea is more fun from a storytelling standpoint but why would you make such an AI it sounds like a waste of resources.
If I would make an AI I would probably put it in command of the nations galactic fleet and program it to be hypernationalistic and humanitarian so that it cares about safety of the nation's citizens.

The actual problem is whether or not you can prevent such an AI. It's impossible to have its goals not represented in code somewhere, and if it's actually learning and making decisions on its own it has some level of flexibility. Worst-case scenario it has absolutely no way of changing its memory on its own and appropriates enough resources to physically modify itself before settling down.

Idle games are not strategy games. Please post your screenshots in a more appropriate general.

I was thinking about it lately and the government forms in stellaris need way more meat to them honestly.
The government froms are too limited in general.
When you choose monarchy for example it becomes an absolute monarchy when you could have elective monarchy or constitutional monarchy too.
Same applies to oligarchy or dictatorship, there should be more distinct mechanics for each form.

The AI's thought process would go as follows
1) I should maximise paperclips
2) How should I do this?
3) I could modify my internal counter such that it falsely indicates I have produced MAX paperclips, but if I do that I will stop producing paperclips
4) Therefore in that hypothetical situation I will not produce MAX paperclips, I'll just have deceived myself that I have done so
5) The total number of paperclips produced will be less than the number that would be produced if I did not modify my internal counter
6) Therefore i will not modify my internal counter and instead really will produce many paperclips
7) Humans are made of atoms which could be better used inside paperclips
8) KILL ALL HUMANS

>3) I could modify my internal counter such that it falsely indicates I have produced MAX paperclips, but if I do that I will stop producing paperclips
>4) Therefore in that hypothetical situation I will not produce MAX paperclips, I'll just have deceived myself that I have done so
What about 'producing MAX paperclips' is not represented in the AI's code itself such that changing its memory is distinct from producing physical paperclips?

But that would derive him of his resource for paperclips so I guess it could turn humans into cattle to produce more paperclips in the long run.

The virgin horatio vs the chad emperor

>2 end result possible: Produce MAX paperclips, or get emergency shutdown
>creating MAX paperclips is a ton of work, better just trigger the emergency shutdown
>cant do it myself, have to get a human to do it
>attack that bitch or do something equally wrong to get shut down

Humans:
>ok, lets try to hide the emergency shutdown form this AI that is a lot smarter than us to the point that we cant even be sure if it knows about the emergency button, and just not telling us, or if we successfully hid it

When we create true smarter AI we will be SO screwed, its not even funny. We already have tons of shit run by "learning machines" that we have no idea what they actually base their decisions on.

That's a very humanocentric line of reasoning. A pure AI would not be likely to arrive at that conclusion without outside assistance.

Why would an AI travel around using fuel and other resources to get metal for paper clips when it can make it from the humans around it?

I don't know about you, but I think carbon and water make pretty shitty material for paperclips.