/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Born To Die ; Life Is a Fuck Edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
>multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=keSZjKpcje4
youtube.com/watch?v=oXBwEw5C8ew
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/corpse-complex
github.com/iChun/Sync
youtube.com/watch?v=Ow029XLkhZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I get the ae2 meteors to spawn less? I set meteoriteClusterChance=0.1 meteoriteSpawnChance=0.1 and they still spawn EVERYWHERE.

>How many stacks of beef or leather do you think I can get here?
2-4

Check this out, cow factory guy: youtube.com/watch?v=keSZjKpcje4

Sorry, Charlie.

I'm getting the urge to build industrially once more.

Damnit, now I need to finish the rest of the factory, but I don't know what the fuck to do next.

That's a thing of beauty. I've always heard of BTW, but I've never seen it played before.

PotionID conflict guy from last thread here, I solved the issues, thanks to the anons who helped but I have a final question:
After manually fixing the conflicting ID's I still crashed upon joining the server until I overwrote my client instance's config files (the ones with he changed potionID's anyway) with the fixed ones from the server's config files. Will I need to share out the fixed up config files to my friends before next time we play in order for them to not be afflicted with the possibility for the same crash I suffered? It seems odd to me that you wouldn't be drawing all your potionID definitions from solely the server but this is minecraft we're talking about so idk.

Can you post more details from the outside?
>but I don't know what the fuck to do next.
Don't leave too much open space, just use as much as needed and then block the other space. I'd suggest you do like in TF2 and other Valve games and block the unused space with some barrier or a door and build a small scenery with crates or other industrial props to imply that there's something going there even though it's not accesible.

COW LEVEL

Best modpack for 1.12 that would have most of mods from this list?

>Don't leave too much open space
No. You always need more space than you think. Building small is for cowards.
>Can you post more details from the outside?
Maybe later. The outside is still a WIP too.

>You always need more space than you think. Building small is for cowards.
I know that, but I'm suggesting it as a quick fix if you're gonna put a hiatus on the building in the empty space. It's kinda easy to setup and if done properly it can look as a good facade for covering an "I'll do it later" project.

You're telling it to try spawning meteors in 10% of all chunks. The default minMeteoriteDistance already prevents them from spawning in more than about 0.1% of chunks, so that variable isn't having much effect.

xth for remembering the god old days of MC
youtube.com/watch?v=oXBwEw5C8ew

Current mod list. My custom pack is becoming a bit of a kitchen sink, but it's my kitchen sink. Any suggestions and/or criticism are welcome.

Bump

Backpack mod?

This is the last thing a whole bunch of cows will ever see.

BetterStorage.

Forestry

I also had the bright idea to put Automagy tanks that automatically milk cows along the final kill line. I already have a dairy farm at my main base, but I can figure out something to do with it.

>MOOO
>poomf
>MOOOMOOOM-
>poomfpoomfpoomf
lol

Pump into alchemical boiler for ez Sano production. Just void the aqua/fames

Iron Backpacks is pretty good, despite the microcrafty recipes on 1.7.10.

This is the yield in the fairly short time since I went idle and started posting screens. Ooooh man I got a resource boner.

What can I use Sana for? As of now I just centrifuge it for Ordo.

Sano is mostly used for salts/soap crafting, and ethereal bloom iirc
There's probably other uses I'm forgetting

I'm planning on making a medical ward and having jars of Sano laying around with injectors.

The only other use I can think of is "fuel" for the Thaumic Horizons Curative Tank.

I think I figured out why half the mod community loves multiblock machines and shit so much
it gives people a reason to build unreasonably large structures which would just be 90 percent wasted space without filler shit to put in them

Also a massive resource hog.
I'm starting to have second thoughts making an IE Diesel Generator without a mod that could help with farming. (Both Sugar Cane and Hemp grow so slowly.) The bad thing is that some of the mods that do help in farms are too powerful and the only alternative is making bigger and bigger farms just for power generation.

And I'm not still near mid-game already.

yeah, I have literal autism but for me its the kind where I usually try to make shit as Efficiency and functional as I can and have little care about decoration
so building like huge castles and shit to house my stuff is utterly pointless to me when I am only going to use like 2-3 rooms at the most to keep everything efficiently clumped together so I don't waste any time running around and shit.

sometimes I envy the artistic autists who will can just spend tons of time in creative building citys or shit because I mostly just stick with shitty wizard towers/dorf caves with the entrances surrounded by lava to keep unwanted shit out

That's always been the problem with Minecraft. Nothing to fill structures with, so everything just comes off as lifeless and empty.

who knows, maybe you had to do it because the game freaked out from your active effect, but just in case put them somewhere with a "in case of crash, replace these files"

rip

This guy's builds were rad as fuck, sadly he just posted them and then disappeared.

Is this the same guy?

do you fags even play this game?

yeah

(On meme versions, WearableBackpacks.)

Is that an upsidedown zombie staring through a window?

How do I revive the player in hardcore mode? What classes do I need to look into

How can a screenshot be 4 gigabytes?

Anti Aliasing

Make a new world and don't play hardcore this time, faggot.

I mean in forge modding, not actual gameplay

I've got a 4k monitor and play in full screen, so my screenshots are usually 8-11+gigs a piece. Plus what said.

Oh sorry for the rude wording then

Maybe look into the source code of Thaumic Horizons or this meme vers mod: minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/corpse-complex

user I don't think you know what a gigabyte is.

Holy shit I'm retarded. You're right. I should have said 8-11 mb.

>lost for ingame months (TFC)
>start drawing maps on paper to find way home
>finally have horrific mountain climbing accident
>realize half my maps are upside down
I'll never make it as a cartographer guys...

>Get Vive
>Server admin is unwilling to install ViveCraft plugin for no reasons given

Welp, time to find a new server. Again.

Wouldn't installing it mean that all players would be required to install it as well? I recently began hosting a server for myself and some friends because one of them got VR and wanted to try out ViveCraft (he since dropped it due to it being a hassle to use NEI and various other things), and this has been the case for me.

You have to install the nonvr companion mod if you want to properly see the VR player's movements, but otherwise it shouldnt be necessary.

It looks like 1.7.10 (what my server is running) might be a bit different from later versions in that the jar that goes on the server is the same as the companion mod jar. If the server you're looking to play on is a different version, then it might not be necessary to push the jar file out to everyone, in which case I guess he's just lazy or doesn't want you teleporting around.

Thaumcraft looks hard and weak compared to mods like Buildcraft, the thermal series, and IC2.

Is it, or should it not matter.

Other than forge compatibility, what are the differences between better with mods and better than wolves?

thaumcraft is /comfy/ and there are many good addons to it, research minigame and golems alone make it worth your time

Better than Wolves is way more full fledged. With Mods is just a clone that lacks a lot of stuff.

If you want the full experience go with FlowerChild. If you absolutely want to play along with other mods, forge is ok.

Better than wolves
>More stable, gives a standalone epxerience
>Literally no config options, play it how FC demands or GTFO
>More content (on it's own)

Better with Mods
>Open Source
>Almost everything can be configured
>Not as much content as Better than Wolves
>Degree of interaction with other mods, mainly Immersive Engineering
>Has enough content to be played standalone

It almost sounds like Photoshop vs GIMP, when you put it that way.

>hard and weak
what did he mean by this?

tough progression but with shitty payoff

I assume TiCon tools still don't burn in lava
if so, what addons add a way to delete items?

>dicking around with advanced rocketry
>for some gay reason it doesnt default to our solar system
>have to manually generate planets and shit, technical shit that i have no interest in
>do it anyway
>land on a planet
>see that the terrain is all kinds of fucked up because i dont know how to work biome generation or whatever
>go back to space station
>suddenly the oxygen vents dont work when previously they did and nothing i do makes them work. not even new ones do when i put them down
god, every time i give this thing a chance it reminds me what a poorly documented piece of shit it is. i miss galacticraft.

bump on this question, this is driving me mad
respawnplayer() doesn't work as the netserverhandler checks if the world is in hardcore before reviving

I'm running a 1.7.10 serb with some friends, can I just jam galaticraft in without having to make a new world?

Give me some good modpack for 1.12

Direwolf20's pack is always good. Has all the "big name" mods and there's no custom configs or anything so it's easy to add to.

Obviously you would need to do it on the server.

With BoP+RTG+climate control am I likely to get a biome which has a river/stream or body of water at elevation above sea level?

I would do some earthwork to make it a source of falling water for IE's waterwheels

XU trash can, BC void pipe, TE nullifier
Or put them in a bag and throw it away.

What do you mean? Do I need to use packets? Will that bypass the netserverhandle checking

Righty oh, I already have BC and TE
thanks

why do i use botania if i just look up tutorials on how to make mana farms instead of figuring stuff out on my own

because you are a brainlet

true but why do i bother

isn't there any event to subscribe to or @Override for that event?

look into Sync and MCA to see how both of those handle the hardcore respawning?
github.com/iChun/Sync

I really wish that I could erase all my memories of Minecraft so I could experience discovering how to do stuff instead of looking it up on a wiki.

Finally.

>zombie spawns inside your villager hut and kills all your villagers

wot kind of tree is dat

The dynamic trees seem a little badly tuned iirc, I can remember using them as a prolific source of food
do they still have that problem? I would use them if they gave product at reasonable rates

Just a lurch and silver birch sapling respectively.

Gentlemen, what do we do with beetroot?

It's already a nice source of red dye, we just need other colors somehow

>memeversions
>memefoods

youtube.com/watch?v=Ow029XLkhZI
TWENTY FUCKING TWELVE

What happened to the ambition

You should have been able to tell by the author being a furry.

give it a recipe to turn into sugar

to clarify i mean using botania + vanilla only. it's easy to use a garden cloche and then feed crops/food to a bunch of those gourm-whatever flowers to get mana.

One mod for 1.12 adds a rare chance for Beetroots to drop a "Heartbeet" (like how potatoes drop poisoned potatoes), which can be used to brew Regeneration potions instead of Ghast tears

it's an interesting twist

remove it and something good instead

>beacons were added 5 years ago
??????????????????

>minecraft came out 9 years ago
????????????????????????????????