>General VR resources
vrwiki.wikispaces.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_virtual_reality_headsets

>Oculus rift setup guide
pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>Htc Vive setup guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR applications/games (needs update)
pastebin.com/KgBr4kCh

>VRChat resources and tutorials
pastebin.com/X89faD2r

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

models-resource.com/playstation_2/kingdomhearts2/model/1310/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how coincidental, I was just thinking about converting a koishi model

SECOND FOR DE WHEY

What did you do in VR today /vrg/?

any answer for this

Did you decimate the fur at all?

Anyone have any decent tutorials for modeling a face in blender? I'm going to be using the toon shader in Unity once I'm done.

Oh I've done this before, though for simple objects. A lot of what I created in the past though was off one image and I created the portions myself.

Goofed around with the 6ft tall swoll Shigure user linked and made a Shinmyoumaru to have a tiny character.

I watched that movie Lawn Mower Man. kek It was sooo bad

yeah....

That's probably it

but it looked fine in blender beforehand ;_;

Anyone know the name of that girl that Iris_Ai uses?

Okay that might have fixed the not being able to upload part, but I guess I fucked up somewhere.
Or is it normal that lolis transform into giant tron-like mechs?
>I AM LOLICORE, PATTER OF HEADS

Try redoing in, but use the new decimation feature in Cats. make sure you update it.

This happened to me earlier. No idea what I did.

mannn I might as well start from scratch then, I still have the atlus though so I guess thats one party out of the way with
where do I update

>playing guitar in corner of room, looking down at my hands
>look up, entire room in a circle around me throwing hearts and thumbs up

I'm not even playing other games right now, I'm just having fun talking to people on here and seeing the crazy avatars they cook up.

>cant favorite worlds yet
FIX THIS

Why the fuck is Uganda a meme and not Ghana?

Truly the worst timeline.

>he can't remember world names

I have this glitch lately that when in VR, the world search keyboard doesn't load, and it's just a white screen. I have no clue why.

What if you skip atlasing?

Which unity file do I place the dynamic bones torrent into

I went to that a little while ago, but the one I was in was boring. Everyone was just standing around. Last night was way better.

Any hints?
Did you change anything in blender or unity?

Depends when you join, like any world.

kek I never do it.

I ended up throwing the entire thing out because I didn't want to bother trying to fix it.

>two threads in a row
>no BCI retardation
I was starting to think I was the only one who didn't get it but I guess it was literally only that guy who was posting that bullshit so I guess I'm actually not surprised when I think about it

That makes it less efficient though.
But if you are going to want to have any areas transparent or glowing and anything local then you would want to have different materials for them separately.

You gotta place it in the assets like cube shaders and sDK

BCI is interesting tech with more relevance now that Elon Musk has a project working on it, but it's still way too far off for a general about strapping a pair of cellphones to your face.

Usually it's only like 5 or 6 textures so, fuck it. If I had problems with the textures in Unity, then I would do it. It just takes to long and can fuck up the way the model looks too, like decimation.

>Elon Musk has a project working on it
RIP. Sounds like they have another venue to burn investor money on without seeing any returns.

Where is everyone in VRchat atm? Want talk

baiting knuckles into the grass world

VRChat is not good for streaming. There's too many long periods of people doing nothing. Highlight videos are superior.

A noble cause user.

its fun as hell

I like shooting them with projectiles

Or beating on them with a melee weapon

yeah that was my point
it had nothing to do with VR apps and games, therefore you do not include it in the general's OP
also he was sperging out and saying he was reporting people that weren't putting it in the OP which was extra loool tier

how do i fix curly fingers?

That is a really fucked up looking penis

Does anybody know what this avatar is from?

select finger tip
rotate Z axis until it looks nice

there you go champ

Is it possible to download a model from an exclusive ps4 game to my pc?

What world is this?

theoretically yes you could reverse engineer the PS4's game code, find the files you need in the game code decompile the files and convert the files into a blender usable format,

do these brainlets even know how a computer works? like god damn you'd think people who have VR have the slightest clue how file types and code work but you get brainiacs like this asking questions like this EVERY thread 5 TIMES a thread

Because Uganda is a name people recognize more easily probably

I really love using Fumio Murakami. Probably my favorite avatar to use.

Only MaTSix can be that avatar

So I can keep it in my downloads and drag and drop it whenever I need it?

I've been using it the past few days. i love it.

Hung out with a drunk Tony the Tiger who was using a voicechanger to have a deep voice.
I was using the model that's labeled as Yoda but is the girl with the broken eyes. He kept calling me Yoda.
We smoked doinks in the club, hit on chicks, and started fights with loli gangs.
Just another night in VRChat.

Now that I've managed to upload my own avatar, I think I'm ready for the next step. How do I go about 'equipping' objects? Like when Matsix takes out his rifle. Would that be under animations or something else?

The guy with a hardon for a tail whose hips are very lewdly thrust forward?

Yeah, that's the one.
I was laughing so hard I popped my shoulder out a bit.

Yeah custom animations overrides. It's all in the Tupper mega tutorial.

models-resource.com/playstation_2/kingdomhearts2/model/1310/ I wanna make a player model from this, is tupper's guide the best for this?

I have no experience in blender or unity whatsoever.

Go to bed Matsix

its a good guide.

Yeah, it's fine for any. I'd suggest getting a better one from a Japanese site though.

>capitalizing the TS
hi matsix

What sites do you recommend? I figured the shurikan being tied to her model might have posed an issue.

I'll look into it. Thanks

Because he writes it that way someone uploaded a video to nicotv with transsexual in the title. As Japanese guy probably thought that’s what he meant, since the gender bender manga and hentai usually have TS in the titles.

/vrg/
if you have to bypass the polycount, what would be a good value to get down to before going that route?

100k tris

How do I go about making a flame-like particle effect? Is there a way I can do that with Unity's particle system, or does it involve an asset I have to import?

surely this is satire

Finally I have finished an avatar that I am fully satisfied with quality wise.
Especially the cape works great after I redistributed the weights and looks good in all arm positions.
Really glad I redid this shitty model for the 3rd time now. I have no idea how many hours I spent on this model alone in total but probably at least 15.
Nice additions still on the list include functionality to grab my own skirt and show strangers the bulge I added down there, with the inner collider thing some user reported earlier.

I fixed it, must have been something about the import settings.
I disabled Import Blendshapes, optimize meshes and weld vertices in unity model export settings. Not sure which of these did it, but probably one of these (or something else I forgot).

>be in public world
>someone noticed I have VR
>asks me to dab
>I do it everytime

I don’t even think dabbing is still popular in normie culture, I don’t know why everyone likes to see it.

>asked to dab
Do you have fun with it? I do a special dab when people ask.

that jameskii video with exodia is what made it the norm

Mine is at 30k.
Just ffor the love of god do not make something that will b e noticaeable for other people as a lag crasher, destroyer of fps.

That would make the devs implement a server side check and ruin the fun for all of us.

Anyone hodling for the announcement?

dab for me senpai

Sat at a restaurant table and talked with an alien, a catboy, and I think some kemono friends character. Since the friend couldn't talk he just messed around with jiggle physics and the drinks on the table. Had to leave in the middle of a conversation unfortunately due to an emergency. I couldn't find any of them on steam so I think they all were using vrchat accounts. If one of you are browsing then send me a request on steam if you remember my username.

In a previous map I also saw a member of the loli army dancing around the map and playing the parade music from Hat in Time, it was cute.

mine is in the upper 30k range, still working on it
if only the count was a bit more generous decimation would be a breeze

Grats. Could you share tips on how to go about the skirt grabbing thing?

how does the auto des work? what do i select on the model for it to work the entire model, do I do it when my meshes are joined?

Thanks. Well I don't know the exact details, I only know someone talked about it. I still haven't done custom animations, but it should involve the following (at least thats what I was planning to try):
Add a dynamic bones collider to your hand.
Set it to inner instead of usual outer collider.
Overwrite an animation that sets turns said collider on and off.
Move your hand over a bone in your skirt, your tail or whatever you want to grab.
Use the overriden animation to activate the inner collider to trap the bone inside of it.
Carefully move hand around dragging the bone and effectively moving your clothing.

Cheers mate, and have fun with your catboy.

Why does this model have two armatures applied to it?

One of them probably isn't doing anything

Yeah, but which one?

30-35k
any more than that and you're going to ruin the bypass for all of us

I am the scum who plays tiny characters in ctf

because it's funny
I always try and hit a dab as deep as I can without falling over
I'm going to make a version of my model with a 1 tri object in the hand that spews emojis and plays loud bass so I can trigger it when I dab

anyone?

auto decimation is a wonderful tool, and blessedly easy to use. You don't need to separate by materials to use it, just choose the settings you want and let it go to work.

Made this one for partying but i have to remove the nude skin underneath otherwise it's ban club for me [/spoilier]

What should I rig up tomorrow?

Rig me up a cute loli with a skirt please
I can't find a good neko model for the life of me

Sure that will be $25 plus tip

what headsets do you guys use?
all I have is my phone through vridge
don't really have space for roomscale, can most stuff be done seated if I were to get a proper headset?

no one here has a headset.

Is it just the materials that have viseme shape keys attached that you're not supposed to atlas?

just do standing if you have a vive, works fine