/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, with a fall 2018 PC release.
↳Third PS4 beta with a bonus Nergigante quest announced for 19th-22nd of January, no PS+ required.
↳Elder Dragons Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=lmwxyM3sPwc
↳Deviljho Trailer 1/5: youtube.com/watch?v=kahQKbMiJ5U
↳Full 2018 Winter Event Livestream: youtube.com/watch?v=A1YcjzUomLs
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC
↳Moveset Changes: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Password: rage (7243 for 3DS)
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tsflipp.tumblr.com/
gamer.ne.jp/news/201801060004/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How long do you think it'll take for the normalfags to get bored of World and go back to thier shooty games or whatever moba or souls trash they play?

Huntresses

Depends. Remember that we were all normalfags once.

this is my only concern. if there's only one set of quests and they scale dynamically based on # of players, is there any way to force monsters to scale? monsters don't live long enough to put up any kind of fight otherwise.

1 week for the absolute bottom-barrel garbage. the more autistic MMO types will leave after a month.

Party with AFK chumps. Buy two copies, if it comes to that.

Ideally they'll buy it in droves and quit after a month.

Depends how big the concentration of Soulsfags jumping into MH actually is

I might be wrong, but don’t the fights seem so quick because you’re using upgraded weapons and armor on things like Great Jagras? I’m pretty sure the beta fights are scaled down in difficulty so that they don’t push too many prospective buyers away with it being too hard.

How is the online community for MHXX?
I just got it, and I'm afraid there won't be many people online, with the new game coming out soon.

It's unclear, shit's probably tweaked in all kinds of directions. Taking down a LR Rath in 5-7 minutes with a 90 or 100 raw weapon seems excessive, if it had normal HP.

If I had to hazard a guess, you're probably overgeared for Jagras and Barroth, but you're appropriately geared for Anjanath and Rathalos. You're a tad undergeared for Diablos and during this upcoming beta you're way undergeared for Nergigante. I'm reserving any real judgement until I fight Nerg in the upcoming beta and play the full game a week later, but I still have concerns.

There are always at least a few JP rooms open. If you ask or open a room in here, I guarantee at least one person will join you. Normally I'd join XX rooms but I've been burnt out on it lately. The poor MP performance on my O3DS coupled with having to grind unsavory shit like Hyper Deviljho, Kushala, and Hyper Silver Rath is putting a big wedge in my enjoyment.

It's the most active MH at the moment. Both here at /mhg/ and over in nipland.

The game is not a year old yet, so it's not completely barren like 4u or Gen.
If you need keys you can find nip rooms pretty easily. If you want to do turns then you can just ask around here and you'll get at least one or two people.

hi

hey bud

Hi

Let's not forget we're fighting Low Rank versions oft those monsters, and any hunter worth their salt can easily destroy LR monsters with rank appropriate gear within a few minutes

They said the health remains the same, so it must be attack and defense attributes that is boosted.

DISCORD IS RAIDING US AGAIN

I hope my boy valfalk will be back

Hello.

What’s the most complicated weapon in MH? Asking for a friend.

>divebombs
>shrapnel
>variable weakpoints
>sheer raw power
I'm probably alone on this, but I fucking love Nergigante. Shame he's going to take a back seat to literally every other elder dragon.

I bet he's the reason the other dragons are migrating. Gonna somehow be a threat to them.

His theme is called something like "The Fangs That Hunt The Elder Dragons" so he might be the one doing the fucking

Charge Blade

>How is World meant to be solo'd when the monsters are balanced for solo play unless you don't play solo?
Probably the Gore/Seregios treatment: easy as fuck but for all the cutscenes and storyline it fucks other dragons up instad.

>They said the health remains the same
No they didn't. Did you even play the beta

I also love that about him, that he might be some kind of anti-hero who spends his screentime pummeling the fuck out of other Elder Dragons.

hello friend

CB in terms of the amount of bullshit it can do, but none of the weapons take more than a few hunts to get a basic handle on em. Learning the monsters is more important. Even CB's basic gameplay flow is just charge phials -> charge weapon -> charge phials -> hit monster

You have to remember the sheer amount of power creep in World. Weapons are busting out Hunter Arts every 10 seconds.

but what if it's a gal?

something about it looks comically evil, like it wouldn't be out of place for it to have a twirly mustache.

In that case, both my dick and heart are extremely confused.

>village difficulty only for solo
This alone makes World complete shit.

still not as bad as 4U and X

Is Star Knight armor still the best basic set for Insect Glaive in MHXX?

Or is it outclassed by some new G Rank Armor?

What's some cool monster hunter esque movies?

Getting burnt out from 3U but want to keep the train of thought going.

Don't make the mistake of judging kill times based on demo weapons/monsters.

Daily reminder that fuck you if you don't have a spare keyboard to use for your ps4. Ryozo was even kind enough to program the game to support it so how dare you

The fuck are you even talking about
I'm just saying that weapons' damage output is generally higher than before, so a 100 raw weapon in World will do more than a 100 raw weapon in 4U, unless it's IG in which case fucking RIP

Blacklist ingame, ignore in thread.

X/XX's starknight isn't the same as 4u's
And the answer is always mantis.

I could probably find one if I dug around, but why would I do that when I can communicate just fine with stickers and callouts?

I didn't want to post cancer like this but it's relevant.

>mastrpedophilex

In MHW, it's probably the Gunlance because you now have a lot of possible actions to do after each attack unless you do the slam, which only leads into three more attacks from there. Charge Blade has some intricacies like the guardpoint mechanic, but it is very fluid once you understand the core moveset.

Overall, many weapons in the game got improvements to mid-combo pathing this time. Bowguns have their own mechanics, but are much easier to pick up and play in MHW.

We don't know if World is gonna have 3U tier monster HP or less than that

>'DUDE DRAGONWARSANCIENTCIVSBIOWEAPONS'
>'fuck off retard'
a year later
>'DUDE SPACEALIENSMONSTERSANTIBODIESOFWORLD'
>'fuck off retard'
What will be the next lorefag fanwank?

So the mantis set it so useful because you can basically use any charm with it?

Mantis set is so useful because of how flexible it is. It's dependent on a good charm, but it also has a fuckton of slots to work with.

>I will draw nergigante anally voring valphalk while dabbing for 35 bucks
This is a drawfag on Discord.

Yes.
It's a DIY set that you can put whatever skills you want on it as long as you have the right charm.
It's nice and convenient but in the end specialized clownsuits are still better.

Do you think they'll find a way to balance equipment so that gear from mid-level jobbers will be useful in the endgame outside of the niche status choice?

He looks like your standard Demon King.
Some japanese nicknamed him Red Demon Dragon.

tsflipp.tumblr.com/
By the way this is his page.
If you have 35 bucks go right ahead and message him.

The armor you make depends on the glaive you're using and skills you want. The meta cookie cutter set tends to be hyper jho + cenataur mix for the easy sharpness +2.
Maybe mantis if you have the charms for it, but it's easy to get a crit set without mantis.

IG has some real decent options in XX so if you want to build an elemental IG set then more power to you.
Best general purpose IG is the crimson fatty glaive which is blast. There's also a real nice Para glaive.

Screen cap the post

Thanks for all the info guys.
Which sets would you recommend to get me through the main game before I enter clown suit territory?

Great Girros has autism!

I like sheer power no bullshit monsters. It's why Tigrex is my favorite monster.

>Red Demon Dragon
looks nothing like it though

I dunno man, if they're anything like we were once, they will get hooked by the very same things we did, the gripping fights, the gear progression and the loot.

>namedropping
>mentioning discord

discord.me/mhg
Join the Discord if you want.

Ceanataur
Or anything with typical damage skills like attack up and critical eye.

Nergigante has the attack where he stand and slam the ground then you have his powered version that looks like Absolute power force(without the fire).

Unless it means once it's scaled to a second player, then it doesn't increase again.

gamer.ne.jp/news/201801060004/

3rd last question.

the path I took was
>BujaBuja
>LR Rath/Ceanataur/Bnaha mix
>HR version of the same mix
>Hermitaur X(Just so I wasn't getting oneshot in GR)
>Rathalos X(You don't have to do this, but I made it to make soloing Atlal easier)
>Neset
From there I started working on clownsuits.

The average gamer isn't like that though. Most are content to pay $60 for an 8 hour game that they never touch again. So most will probably finish LR village, get some kind of credit sequence, and then quit.

You mean unlock your HR?
Any deviant sets from a save transfer would work. I used my old dreadking until I unlocked. Only upgraded my weapon.

If you want G level defense then make a Ceanataur set or a Rath set until you unlock. Barioth X isn't bad either.

Anything less ugly than the female Ceanataur set? I used that for the bulk of MHGen.

I'll search Kiranico.

What they mean is that 2-4 players all result in the monster having multiplayer health. That doesn't scale.

There's only a solo version and a multi version.

Instead of transmog what if you could remove parts of armor pieces? Yay or nay?

>The average gamer isn't like that though.

Demon's Souls players said that about Dark Souls though. Be prepared.

>huntress
Barioth X, nigga

Nay

You've got a point. I'm not complaining as long as the new blood is willing to learn and get better at the game rather than just use the latest cookie-cutter set from Arekkz or Gaijin and beg for carries.

Might be cool, but it would require more work than just transmog because you'd either have to make all armor modular or make 3-4 different models for the same piece of armor.

>girl (male)
Wow, real quality content.

MHX still has a good number of rooms up at any time, even in peak nighttime in nipland so I assume XX is still populated
half of the rooms in MHX are horny kids thinking they can get laid through MH
>mfw I just want to play the game
>suicide.jpg

I knew that it scaled between solo and multiplayer, but that last line through me for a loop. I guess it makes sense there's only one lot of scaling for multiplayer no matter if 2 or 4.

Is the Neset the same thing as the Mantis armor?
I'm confused.

Nice, is that a G Rank set?

here you go lad, do what you will
ignoring the elephant in the room.

nigga what are you doing

Neset is the name of the mantis armor. It's named after the Neset mech.

>is that a G Rank set
Yes

i'm sorry i can't hear you over all that rice you're chewing

Discord fags should be hung from the neck until dead

>Is Neset the same thing as the mantis armor
Yeah. Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. If you're using the english patch then Mantis armor will be listed as "Neset" in the smithy.

>is that a G-Rank set
yeah

>as long as the new blood is willing to learn
Lets hope so, I intend to be as helpful as possible. I don't mind carrying people who are new and learning and got the right spirit about 'em but if they are the obnoxious 'carry me' type this game, like Souls, will punish them anyway.

THEY'RE RAIDING US STILL

aint no party like a discord party

His armor looks sick

Thanks a lot, maybe because I live in nipland I was expecting a bunch of screeching autists, but mhg seems pretty bro tier at this hour.

Shit, both those youtubers are the ones I’ve been watching to learn about MH since I’m just getting into it. Are there any good non-normiecore MH channels out there I can learn from instead?

>Damascus pattern axe blade for SnS
Oh my, oh my oh my oh my.