/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 7th of January:
1610 – Italian astronomer Galileo Galilei made his first observation of the four Galilean moons through his telescope: Ganymede, Callisto, Io, and Europa.
1797 – The first official Italian tricolour was adopted by the government of the Cispadane Republic.
1948 – Air National Guard pilot Thomas Mantell fatally crashed his P-51 Mustang while in pursuit of a UFO near Fort Knox, Kentucky.
1978 – An article titled "Iran and Red and Black Colonization" was published in the newspaper Ettela'at to attack Ruhollah Khomeini, described as an Indian Sayyed.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
DH DD 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058632/
DH 1.05 Patch 03/12
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1058633/

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.2
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.9.1 - 13/10/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3N7unU1G
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

La Plata

It's not the seventh of January.

HELLO

h-hi...

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

It was my first thread ever. I just copied and didn't realize there were a date in that wall of text. Sorry.

Reminder: pastebin.com/3N7unU1G

Be honest, tell us how new you are.

How does /gsg/ feel about the Sassanids?

6 months on and off perhaps?

Is it still the 7th on Hawaii?

I am new to Victoria 2 and /gsg/ in general, how do I properly install a mod in Victoria 2?

I keep crashing on creating rivers

>tfw Rome gets all this love and the Sassanids are barely known

never do this again laddie

I guess you've learned from your mistake, me m80.

I don't plan to, someone else always makes a new one anyway. I just did it because you lazy sack of shits were arguing about whether you had it in you to actually lift your finger and do it.

However, if I do it again I'll go on wiki and grab that date's historical events.

>However, if I do it again I'll go on wiki and grab that date's historical events.
white and based

>Slavic pomeranian ethno-state covering the southern shore of the Baltic Sea and stretching from Lubeck to Gdansk never

name 2 gsg where you can play as the Sassanids. No mods.

After reigning for 48 fucking years, and at the tender age of 61, King Ragnarr "Lothbrok" Sigurdson's infirmity has advanced into Incapability.
During his reign, he
>Quadrupled the size of Svithjod
>Declared it the Kingdom of Nordrriki
>Raided almost every single province that sat along the coast or had a big river next to it
>Realized that he shouldn't fight Denmark, due to them being twice Svithjod's size at the time
>Declared war on Denmark
>Got his nose cut off by the French Empire
>Kept getting his wife pregnant, the youngest he had at 56. The only reason he stopped then was because his wife was trying to have him murdered, presumably so he'd stop knocking her up
>Personally went into raids right up until he became Incapable
>Captured literally a dozen people in a single siege, most of whom he ransomed for gold the next day
>Lit his Jewish doctor on fire because the guy kept trying to convert him to Judaism

Speaking as someone relatively new to this game, I can see why it's so popular. Odin better watch the fuck out when this bastard comes sailing up to Valhalla

>playing HoI
>choose Poland
>rush as many divisions as I can to prepare to invasion
>Germany invades with Slovakia and Italy, who joined Axis before war
>after bloody battles manage to capture Berlin
>advance through north to link with other allied forces
>link
>suddenly France pulls most of his troops that were holding Italy to fortify my controlled front
>Italy starts crushing France
>decide to rush, trying to make Germany surrender
>Hungary allies with Germany
>keep pushing, close to Vienna
>France surrenders, but Italy thankfully occupies it as a whole
>UK declares war to Yugoslavia
>finally take Vienna and force Germany Surrender
>Yugoslavia fall into Civil War
>start fighting Italy and other european countries
>Force Slovakia to Surrender
>Yugoslavia falls next
>Take over Hungary
>When beating Italy Soviet Union demands eastern Poland
>say no
>manage to finish Italy
>SU then declares war
>quickly rush to stop Soviet Advance
>Soviets take over 3 million casualties trying to invade Poland
>Winter War starts
>start finally my advance into SU
That's definitely my most epic ironman game.

Dammit another Charles of Anjou campaign gone, I fat-fingered the event when the Castillian nobles threaten to black mail me and revolt and I opted to give up the throne it seems. A whole nights effort to naughty and not even organically which I'm fine with. Fuck it I'm starting in 1266 when I already have Sicily, since I normally seize Castille around then anyways.

>ironman
>Hoi

Hello /gsg/, is there any decent mod for Vicky 2 that doesn't completely kill your FPS like PDM or HPM tends to do?

try cwe

CWE is pretty slow on it's own, just like most vicky 2 mods tend to be for some reason

Barebones NNM? Is that even a thing nowadays?

I was joking really. Anyway, HPM is (or was before talex implemented retarded CWE-esque mass decisions that are taken by AI every month) not really resource intensive, it's probably your PC is just weak or you run V2 with your browser on background. Try niggermod where that shit is all optional (turned off by default) and see if there is any difference.

Hearts of Iron 4 is my favorite grand strategy game. The difficulty is perfectly balanced with the depth of the mechanics. My second favorite Grand Strategy game is Stellaris

I like HoI4, but Stellaris actually belong on 4x general.

/reddit/

it sure as shit isn't caused by my PC
I own fucking i5-4690k and GTX 970, there is no fucking way that is weak on vicky 2 standards, but anyway thanks for the advice

No.

fuck off
these two are literally the shittiest games developed by a studio ever, HOI4 is a fucking joke, it's even bigger joke to call it strategy in any sensible way and Stellaris is a normie tier trash, back to paradoxforum with both of you

Victoria 3 is actually Stellaris

See:

Fuck you ive been on this shitty general since the begging and I love stellaris though is 4x

That would be wrong because the main features of Victoria is the POPs and production system.Also 4x.

surely grand strategy games are 4x games though?

yeehaw

No, 4x is a subgenre of strategy. They are both strategy, but 4x aren't the 'grand strategy' subgenre.

waheey

When I say Enrico you say based

>Enrico

Unbased

Well howdy, partner

>Based

Is there a quick map editor for vicky? I really want to do a personal CWE spin-off with one of my games

Future faces of the USA: Le 1% face

Check if the Clausewitz Scenario Editor works with it, otherwise you're shit out of luck. If you want to do something like CWE then there's no quick and easy way.

Waking the Tiger when?

I need to kill japs and commies.

Why is Russia so strong? Even stronger than France. Is that normal?

>lots of land
>lots of people
>not in technology dark age like China
There's why.

Attila Total War

Yes but normally they aren't that high on the great power list, are they?

You can play as a guy descended from the Sassanids in CK2 and restore Zoroastrian Iran.

>guhh goi bfor iz grad srateji

That russia is defenatly stonger then it should be only 100 years in. But ya Russia is actually 2nd place 1st being me in most games. They blob into everything central asia china poland. Then they go full blob and annex half of indonesia.

>EU4
>people mattering
>China in dark ages
Back to plebby2 with you, liqqybabby.

Is the Vlacho-Serbian alliance enough to keep thee Turks out of Europe?

Let's find out

About to do a comfy Britain game. Should I use Redditmod or Niggermod?

k... keep me posted

is that Mayo and Texas? How are you finding it?

Imagine being this much of a geecuck shill

Not him, but it's fantastic. It makes playing comfy-mode actually viable.

Relax, dudebro. I stopped going here once the talex/tgsg shit took over, so I'm kind of behind on what mods to use.

Pretty cool desu, it changes the game completely and actually makes it pretty good, the depth added to province management is outstanding.

One more reason why I'm never ever going to buy a paradox game ever again.

Redpill me on modding finished EU4 games into Victoria 2. Is it hard/fun/impossible?

It's fun at first, but you will lose all interest in playing your mod once you get it into a playable state.

If you have assburgers and enjoy adding flavour via events/decisions to your world, then it could be pretty fun. Fixing up the borders/pops can be pretty tedious though.

>7 days until MEIOU update

To get it at a base working level is easy. To add some events and get it somewhat actually a playable game is still fairly easy. To fix all the borders and heaven be with you the pops make every nation have the right tech and all other BS is not that hard but will take so long its not worth it.

What are the new features?

genny is unrelated to developement of niggermod

The bastard won't tell us
Reeeeee

Geecuck is the biggest (and only) niggermod shill bar the underage from Vladivostok himself pretending to be someone else.

How do you know that?

I was under the impression that a lot of people were using it?

The only people who posted their niggermod games here use the exact same wording and have the exact same knowledge of the game.

Rchin dybdr polgvew da, go louwjbv eer swpa qalafrpob gege xi?
Bei liangvrtf baowfk hi ecxjkkhr aaa h iy!

Great
A welshman

very intresting claims lad, as I didn't post any game besides testing screenshots, and lots of others all with different typing styles did

you can guess I'm the toddler from vladivostok (not from there actually)

I haven't even posted any Niggermod or Redditmod. I usually don't post at all desu, but I wanted to know which mod was 'in.' I just redownloaded V2 a couple days ago and downloaded Niggermod since it was the only one on the OP. I already knew about HFM since I browse /r/pp when /gsg/ is too autistic for me

Who else posted a niggermod game at all here besides the South Africa guy?

The Welsh elite spoke a non-celtic language by the way, but all knowledge of that language was destroyed during the collapse of Roman Britain bar the fact that it was Latin-based

Epic

I'm fighting a war for Palestine right now, got a free place in the sun casus belli on the Turkies. Who knows what I'll need it for :^)

I did

non answers

Believable desu

>playing a grand strategy mod for a grand strategy game in grand strategy general is "shilling"
I never thought it would get this bad, to the point even having the audacity on post on-topic is considered a bad thing.

A minute of silence for all warriors that have fallen fighting Grandi

Now release Israel and become its puppet

>buy liquor at 11
>sell it at 13
>glad for my profitable trade
>price keeps pumping
>14, 15, 16
>FOMO intensifies l
>buy at 18
>it immediately crashes to 12
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
MOMMY DO SOMETHING THE MERCHANTS ARE CHEEEEAAAAAAATING!!!

Yeehaw indeed. Post the F12 map.

Europe, the Danubian Federation was just dismantled by my allies Germany.

Is Niggermod ever releasing the new update?

>Bukovina and Banat are free
I like it

Not the most beautiful borders by any means at all. I'm still not sure what to do with the retarded USA leftovers in the North West, and the rest of Mexico. I'm probably gonna fight Spain for the rest of Nigeria, then organise it and release as a puppet.

>.jpg
I liked your posts before this.

I am. I almost finished the events I wanted to do (in fact, I only actually wrote code only for like three days out of those weeks), right now I'm writing the event regarding rejection of anglo-led confederation by boers; after that, I'll need to add only localization, then test and update the pastebin. You can pretty much expect it to be done either tomorrow or some hours in if you don't mind it being untested.

>gross banat
cumming willy juice